You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to OGame.org. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

arazor

Me? Addicted?

• "arazor" started this thread

Date of registration: Mar 29th 2007

Friday, March 9th 2012, 2:08pm

Do we need another merge with u44 and u20???????

The reason i suggest this in general and not suggestion i just want to see what you guys think rather than wait for a suggestion thread to be opened

anyhow there ar 2439 accounts in uni44

94 are already inactive
965 accounts are in vacation mode

1059 accounts in vacation and inactive already thats just under 50%

How long will it be before uni44 dies
because i bet itll be much faster than people would of suspected :)

So in saying that obv a key question is is there enough room :P

there is many things to consider
but personally i would just like to know do we need 1 and if so when??
uni24+uni44
HoFs=222
ninjas=11
advanced=71
top tens=9
solo=1
acs=8
rip kills=1109

My Greatest Hit So Far: http://board.ogame.org/board706-game/board723-archive-section-for-pre-merged-universes/board360-universe-24/board543-top-10-acs-uni-24/702786-td-6-679-404-000-arazor21-greek-god-ak-vs-vip-prebones/

Friday, March 9th 2012, 7:26pm

yes, it will die ... and soon. merges were great news for de really old timers - and rightly so

but for many, they kinda suck. so many good playeurs are using de word "demotivating", hence large numbers of v moded accounts

myself, i was proud of my old uni accounts. now, i kinda feel like i been mega fleet crashed, but there is no battle report to show for it. it was de price we knew we would pay, but i am struggling to find motivation to continue

another merge? cannot see this would improve things for de majority. i think it would just compound things, tbh

hof 612

advanced 107

RIP kills 251

... rumors of unpredictability, followed by mass carnage

brickhouse

Me? Addicted?

Date of registration: Jan 26th 2007

Friday, March 9th 2012, 7:33pm

i think it would be good becouse we all know that both unis will evenutally becouse slow AGAIN you can already see it in uni 44 with the drop in the number off hofs posted in the first week to now

thank you blackmass

hofs:51
advanced: 10
top 10 hits: 2

v1k1ng

Miner King @.us

Date of registration: May 29th 2007

Friday, March 9th 2012, 7:36pm

the game will slowly die out anyway. you can merge as much as you want, but the end is near :p
GMOD at your service :)

the prophet: 'the warning has been given, their fate is now their own'

1 2 3

Friday, March 9th 2012, 8:21pm

I think the snobbery aspect is interesting. the glass stomach brigade - the peeps with older board accs, from the older uni's in the merged uni, with the bigger fleets, just assuming they are better than the other players and sneering at them. shame the merge happened too late for anyone to care enough to want to make them eat their words or fight to improve the uneven playing field for themselves. I'd have really enjoyed seeing some smaller fleets taking down some bigger ones - but I don't think we'll see much of it. hmm, maybe during the merge - to make things a little more unpredicable, they could have sent the accounts over and them lucky dipped them so they got new owners. Picture the face of the previous owner of a massive older fleet finding himself with a small turtle account from uni43 :D But GF prolly couldn't have afforded to buy enough buckets to catch the tears :tongue:

Also, yes a shame about how many merged but vac'd or stayed vac WHY?!!! They can't all be in the army or working on an oil rig and waiting for some leave-time at home, or waiting for someone to take over their acc can they? lol and yes @ viking - the game kills itself by its very nature (you can only have 1 player at number 1 and after early changes in the ranks, things tend to stagnate - and the rest of peeps who promote player-player interaction eventually get fed up chasing #1 spot, or are happy to have a non-playing playing style (miners/turtles who make it like a game of football without the actual ball or the beer - bit pointless really eh? ) )

I've really enjoyed seeing the big smacks being posted, but it's obvious this uni is going to go the same way as its predecessors. the reaper cometh :(
Three great forces rule the world :
stupidity, fear and greed

AUST DeVinE

I'm one of the big boys now :D

Friday, March 9th 2012, 11:31pm

o come on

its just getting interesting

their was always going to be a rush at the start, noobs that somehow survived because they had protection in their old unis/ multie accounts being pushed/ people that waited for the merger to quit.

things will smooth out and once everyone relaxes a bit you will see some good big hits, right now you have players that are online 24 hours a day probing from gal 1 to 9 in under 2 hours its crazy, they will relax also.

ogame is a process of elimination and you are right, soon enough 44 will be quiet and i do hope 44 and 20 merge and that will be the final hurrar but i cant see it happening for 18 months or 2 years

xassassin4lifex

Unregistered

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 3:27am

Just because 965 accounts are in vacation mode, does not mean that they will stay into vacation mode until deletion. I am not in this universe, but I am sure that there are a LOT of those accounts that are waiting for all of the craziness to settle down, and then they will jump into the action.

IMNVS

say it out loud speak the truth

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 5:02am

I know for fact that plenty of the accounts in the universe I merged to have been in vacation since the merge and weren't in this universe pre-merge. They're probably doing just as suggested by assassin, waiting for things to calm down a bit. I doubt they'll all stay in vacation forever, so I doubt we'll need another merge again soon.

The nature of this game means that there will be attrition in every universe. Also, as the universe ages, people are less and less likely to join the universe fresh. We'll need more merges going forward, but we don't need one already.
Damn, I miss IMNVS's modding on the forums and the conversations that followed that! Forums have become kinda poor now. :P
:nono "Honour: If you need it defined, you don't have it." - Ron Swanson :nono

You are editing your own user account. Unthought changes might lock you out of your account. Please be careful!

Trippin Rat

I'm one of the big boys now :D

Date of registration: Jul 18th 2011

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 5:03am

Merging all the old universes basically will usher everyone out of the old accounts and into the fresh new universes that will bring in more money - no one was spending money on the separate universes, so throw em together for one last dash of cash. And when everyone is done spending money there, let the king of the mountain have their glory after the decade of struggles. I'm sure they'd much rather have thousands of new players and newbies than having a core few hundred dominating people. Instead, drive those dominators into starting fresh and spend money to get ahead fast and be dominating in a new universe.

Maybe by then all the new ACS single speed uni's will be mature enough to merge into it... But I doubt it. Merging 44 and 20 will be the only option someday, but by then it'll be futile... because merging 2 quiet uni's isn't going to be thrilling. If merging 15+ uni's didn't make a fire last long, then why would 2 do anything for the game?

These new uni's have got a lot of life in em... but I doubt it'll be a quarter of their individual lives.

barsie

Me? Addicted?

Date of registration: Mar 19th 2005

Monday, March 12th 2012, 7:14pm

They'll delay it as long as humanly possible.

Bit of a shame in Merge we didn't get chance to got to ACS in lower unis- maybe will be a merge option in the future.

IMNVS

Monday, March 12th 2012, 8:44pm

Actually, the non-ACS universe merge, if you had two accounts, did give option to go to an ACS universe.
Damn, I miss IMNVS's modding on the forums and the conversations that followed that! Forums have become kinda poor now. :P

You are editing your own user account. Unthought changes might lock you out of your account. Please be careful!

barsie

Me? Addicted?

Date of registration: Mar 19th 2005

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 5:57pm

Actually, the non-ACS universe merge, if you had two accounts, did give option to go to an ACS universe.

Yes I know that but it wasn't great the choice- sorry to say but for anyone who has gone to uni20 it is a doomed uni really. 95% of the top players went to uni 44 when the ACS unis merged, just look at how much more active their HOF boards have been.

uni 1 has been funny so far- when you look at how big the fleets are there's yet to be a big hit.

Keko

There're many behind me...but still some ahead

• "Keko" has been banned

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 6:01pm

Lie,then explain me how the hell did ppl with only having one account managed to move to U20 rather than going to U1 as it was a non-ACS uni ?(

IMNVS

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 8:22pm

Lie,then explain me how the hell did ppl with only having one account managed to move to U20 rather than going to U1 as it was a non-ACS uni ?(
They cheated.