You are not logged in.

Lynbo

I'm too old to know everything

Date of registration: Oct 28th 2007

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 1:14am

The way I see it (and no, I only found out about this the same time as the rest of you):

All 2x unis were to be merged into a single 2x uni, so they picked uni30 since that has already been offered as a target uni in phase 2 of the mergers for the non-ACS people who had more than one account to merge. Experience from the phase 2 mergers meant that they realised they need to offer more options as targets so they added in the new uni from the phase 1 mergers (uni44) and 2 alternative faster speed unis (uni35 and Electra).

If you love your 2x speed then try to go to uni30. Unfortunately uni40 players will lose their 40% DF no matter where they go.

It's only a game
Watch out.. my Mod stick just got bigger!
Massive hugs to Noble Six for my new pink Avy

Crimson King

Suggestion's (evil?) Gunslinger

Date of registration: Nov 13th 2005

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 1:58am

Okay, how about they announce that the uni is closing and there is no option to move to another uni? What happens when they close OGame? What about those player who put years into playing the game then?

GF is listening to the players by doing the merge even though they know that some players play in multiple unis and will have to choose which account(s) to keep. The alternative is to just close the unis and tell the players from those unis to create an account in another uni, but that doesn't benefit either party in the long run.

No matter what the decision is, there are going to be players inconvenienced by the decision. The only way a player would avoid having to make a decision about which account to keep would be to only play one uni. The only way GF would have avoided this is by saying that you can only play one uni, regardless of how many unis exist.

you should consider those issues before invited players to join new uni, sending millions of emails and the most important taking the money from them... if this is a free game noone would have the right to complaine but at the moment you took the money you got some obligations... you are acting like you have all rights on your side and no obligations and its players fault cause they arent united... as regular customers they should moderate and shape the game by their wishes and taste not yours.

GF more than likely looked at those issues. In fact, I know they did. That's one reason why the merger process took so long to come after the original announcement that they were working on a merger system.

Nobody is forced to play multiple unis. Nobody is forced to buy DM. Players do both by choice knowing that something may come along that encourages or forces them to give up playing one or more unis. That something could be in real life or in the game.

The will of the players is a very fickle thing. What player A wants may not be what player B wants or even what player A wants 2 weeks later. GF has to draw the line somewhere and regardless of where the line is drawn, there will be players upset with the decision.

The rights of a paying customer shouldn't overshadow the rights of a non-paying customer. In OGame, the only rights you gain as a paying customer is that the purchased product will be available for use. Paying customers do not gain faster support or more influence on what should or shouldn't be in the game.
First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire. - Roland Deschain of Gilead

Issues with a closed thread? Questions about a suggestion?
PM me.

Complaint about me or my modding? Contact my SMod, Arazern

Co-author of Cumulative Cost, alongside kwinse.

anonymous1

*is cuddly*

Date of registration: Jun 20th 2011

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 2:29am

I have accounts in BOTH 40 and 42. :D
Great reason to be active again. Not sure where I'll go though.
So I'm back to being a koala.

Can you help me out here?

1_Kinslayer_1

Call me regular :D

Date of registration: Sep 26th 2011

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 5:27am

OK, so maybe a nooby question, but I notice it has not been asked yet, and I did read all 4 preceding pages:

Where do you go to put in your choice for the move? I have accounts in 35, 105, and 42. The 42 account is the one moving, but I cannot put it in 35 or 105, so I have other choices, but it seems to me that everyone already knows where to post or request for the move, but I do not.

Thanks!!

EDIT:

Time to select target:

09.04.2012 - 30.04.2012

Wow, it is not time to select yet!! Nooby question, to be sure, but maybe I will ask again when that day comes, unless the answer jumps out at me before I have a chance to. :)

Kellanved

I think I spend too much time here

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 8:23am

The only reason GF is actually doing this is not because we want it, its because they see potential increase in profit with a few hundred players being destabilized in new unis and trying to shift their planet round. I agree this was nessecary however the way its been handled could have been better if GF had put just a little more thought into the whole merger plan.
Knight for .DK. - Universe Unspecified
Moons Given: 3 to madheadshrinker U40

Thanks to Blacktorch for the sig.

Snow Keld

Unregistered

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 8:54am

this sucks. people in 40 loose their 40% DF and have no choice about it. and all the other unis Blow.

35 is full or rippers with nothing but beef and im already in electra.

Poor effort GF, make 30 move into 40 and 42 come aswell. more incentive for everyone!

this is my thought.

i played u30 a long time ago, came back to ogame and chose u40 for the debri, now i will end up choosing u30 and loosing my df @ 40%

~Apocalypse~

I'm one of the big boys now :D

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 9:29am

What Concerns me is I play Jupiter and we have 60% Debris Field x2 Speed, What is to become of us, probably get merged into a x5 speed uni ...WOW Ive already my uni 20 Account Deleted because I wasnt around to Merge it at time and still no mention of my 500kDM Refund.. And now all this ..Its incredible How my money is being thrown away..and the sleepless nights hunting are just gone to pot cause they all of a sudden have a right to delete my account, Mark my words I am looking into finer detail of this whole buisness and would like to see my refund ASAP ..which is a small proze from what they took from me. Runescape is Not going to delete my account tomorrow or tell me to merge somewhere and I play as a member through choice, I just dont get what you saying here by deleting people.. If I have accounts in all the above you say you have to give one away or delete it why should you when we join and put our money into the game nowhere does it state Warning joining more than one universe may cause you to get some deleted or this uni is a set time uni and will close at some point , I have never seen this and its clear to me gameforge is still running, so Why Deny people there accounts...To me people in uni 35 are rubbing their hands together in sight of some new crashes coming thereway...Its Rubbish although this part does not affect me directly the last merge did. which would of been OK but i didnt get chance to Merge Cause I was away on Duty .and Now I fear for my Jupiter account maybe it is time to hang my boots up and just go play some other game like pacman or summit.

JGWellington

Unregistered

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 2:15pm

Two things;

1) Eventually the game will spread and we will consolidate again. No one thinks otherwise?

2) I've yet to get my coupons from the first merger and my accounts that had purchased DM on them. My email is correct. I log into gameforge's main site easily. These accounts showed on that website before the merger.

Of course I have no proof except for a receipt from years ago. Thankfully I save my receipts and statements. I would hope they get around to giving vouchers before more become upset at no service and decide to take other measures.

FMF-Gen-Night

Date of registration: Jan 26th 2009

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 5:54pm

Where do you go to put in your choice for the move?

Thats a good question..... :gamer:

As this is my first merger......do builds get reset or do they continue. :hmm:

will FS'S be effected in any way..... :hmm:

when does the Carnage begin. :rocketlauncher: ..what star date do we all start gaming :thinking: again....... :xeno:

ROCK ON
MJB (Mad John Boy)

Commandant Fleet Marine Force

General Assembly Member

Play hard...Have Fun...Play to win...

ROCK ON FMF

ELECTRA;
Basic HOF 6 (MOONS DONATED 2)

U-30;
Basic HOF 2 (MOONS DONATED 1)
RIP NINJA 1

Rigel;
Phalanx hit 1

IMNVS

say it out loud speak the truth

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 6:04pm

2) I've yet to get my coupons from the first merger and my accounts that had purchased DM on them. My email is correct. I log into gameforge's main site easily. These accounts showed on that website before the merger.
Open a ticket. You should have received any coupons by now.
:huh: /do͞oSH/ :huh:
1. (n) shower
2. (v) take a shower

:nono "Honour: If you need it defined, you don't have it." - Ron Swanson :nono

civil - adj - courteous and polite
insult - verb - speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse
source: google.com

Jossa

There're many behind me...but still some ahead

Date of registration: Jan 15th 2007

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 6:11pm

I was against many past and recent GF decisions, but the merger and the way it's being handled it's not one of them, from what i'm seing it's pretty logic and fair the way it's being done!

off course deleting most of the unis and trying to merge them together without creating big unbalances it's not easy, but in general, all seem to be pleasing most of the players!
AKA Eye of the Beholder Uni30

!ndystar

Unregistered

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 12:07pm

interesting...i wonder what will come to uni35...

[GodlikeB]

I'm one of the big boys now :D

Date of registration: Feb 12th 2008

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 12:40pm

What Concerns me is I play Jupiter and we have 60% Debris Field x2 Speed, What is to become of us, probably get merged into a x5 speed uni ...WOW Ive already my uni 20 Account Deleted because I wasnt around to Merge it at time and still no mention of my 500kDM Refund.. And now all this ..Its incredible How my money is being thrown away..and the sleepless nights hunting are just gone to pot cause they all of a sudden have a right to delete my account, Mark my words I am looking into finer detail of this whole buisness and would like to see my refund ASAP ..which is a small proze from what they took from me. Runescape is Not going to delete my account tomorrow or tell me to merge somewhere and I play as a member through choice, I just dont get what you saying here by deleting people.. If I have accounts in all the above you say you have to give one away or delete it why should you when we join and put our money into the game nowhere does it state Warning joining more than one universe may cause you to get some deleted or this uni is a set time uni and will close at some point , I have never seen this and its clear to me gameforge is still running, so Why Deny people there accounts...To me people in uni 35 are rubbing their hands together in sight of some new crashes coming thereway...Its Rubbish although this part does not affect me directly the last merge did. which would of been OK but i didnt get chance to Merge Cause I was away on Duty .and Now I fear for my Jupiter account maybe it is time to hang my boots up and just go play some other game like pacman or summit.

Open a ticket.

Was your email on that account one that you still use? If not you had plenty of notice to make this the case.

Remember only purchased DM will be refunded not Dm found.

They will email you a coupon so possibly check your junk feed.

note in the terms and conditions it was never stated that your account would be kept indefinetly .. an I hate to mention it ... but as a player who was around through the whole merge process you had plenty of chance to choose a universe to merge into./

However it would be noted that you say your uni 20 account was deleted ... which is impossible ... uni 20 is a destination ... it never got emptied or wiped...

An exodus uni I think they call it ? :D

Speediman

Date of registration: May 18th 2007

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 1:03pm

Wher whe need to apply for the merge ?

JGWellington

Unregistered

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 1:47pm

They ask me for my login name. I told them it was either/or since I cannot login to the account to verify. They say they need my login.

Circular reasoning to steal money. Fine by me. Wasn't that much to begin with. Unfortunately GameForge has not fulfilled their promise.

Buyer beware.

Paci

espresso annoyances lover ...what else^^

Date of registration: Jan 28th 2007

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 3:01pm

They ask me for my login name. I told them it was either/or since I cannot login to the account to verify. They say they need my login.

Circular reasoning to steal money. Fine by me. Wasn't that much to begin with. Unfortunately GameForge has not fulfilled their promise.

Buyer beware.

Please PM me with your ticket ID.

<3 Fate

Some are millionaires in resources, others in excuses.

Date of registration: Oct 23rd 2006

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 3:25pm

GF more than likely looked at those issues. In fact, I know they did. That's one reason why the merger process took so long to come after the original announcement that they were working on a merger system.

Nobody is forced to play multiple unis. Nobody is forced to buy DM. Players do both by choice knowing that something may come along that encourages or forces them to give up playing one or more unis. That something could be in real life or in the game.

The will of the players is a very fickle thing. What player A wants may not be what player B wants or even what player A wants 2 weeks later. GF has to draw the line somewhere and regardless of where the line is drawn, there will be players upset with the decision.

The rights of a paying customer shouldn't overshadow the rights of a non-paying customer. In OGame, the only rights you gain as a paying customer is that the purchased product will be available for use. Paying customers do not gain faster support or more influence on what should or shouldn't be in the game.

is it so hard to admit that you fooled all those players which opened new acc's and now they have to get rid of 1 or more???

HAMMERS ULANNN

I believed this for about 10 minutes until I remembered that I was married, and that I can't go to a newsstand or a grocery store without my wife having an opinion on it.

IMNVS

say it out loud speak the truth

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 11:09pm

We didn't fool anybody, so chose your words carefully. We aren't employees of GF conspiring to bilk you of your money, TDD. We are players that care about the game and the community enough to do some work for it.

Even if the 'you' you're talking about is GF instead of CK, they aren't stealing anybody's money. Anyone that is having an account closed in an Exodus Universe has all of their money left refunded to them.
:huh: /do͞oSH/ :huh:
1. (n) shower
2. (v) take a shower

:nono "Honour: If you need it defined, you don't have it." - Ron Swanson :nono

civil - adj - courteous and polite
insult - verb - speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse
source: google.com

airbourn

Unregistered

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 11:46pm

merged

is electra staying the same or is that being merged