You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to OGame.org. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BreMka

Call me regular :D

Date of registration: Mar 5th 2011

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 6:45am

Why are we having these discussion treads if GF doesn't give a :censored: about our opinions? :hmm:
You got GameForge'd!
:borg:

ApocU43

There're many behind me...but still some ahead

Date of registration: Aug 21st 2009

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 6:46am

The first merger was good, the second one was good. The third was debatable.

This is entirely ridiculous. People enter special unis to stay in special unis, a lot of these merged unis were opened as having special rules.

Not to mention that the unis in question are definitely not dead unlike the old u2 etc.

I play in Fornax which is no ACS, this seems plain wrong to uber turtles [not that I am one] as they are unprofitable for everyone in the uni, but 5x people some of which are from another uni? ACS was something that people decided not to have when they joined fornax.

Also, tons of the other named unis have special rules that people play in the uni to use (70% df, for example).

Given these points, I hope they cancel the merge, although they definitely won't.

Andromeda | 97 HoF

Fornax | 81 HoF | Top 10 solo! | finished rank 8

Uni 43 | 36 HoF | Top 10 ACS!

CaptianNemo

Feared enemy...for some few :p

Date of registration: Nov 14th 2010

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 7:04am

They better cancel it.
=VA= First Officer =VA= Universe 44

~The ping is a submariners worst fear
3 ACS's so far
2 HoF's so far

TheKurgan

Date of registration: May 23rd 2010

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 7:09am

I am all for a Capella merger. I felt that most of the top players had left Capella out of boredom already and I hoped that this merger would revive some of the lost interest in the universe.

Unfortunately, gameforge had to kill a bunch of the special uni's in the process. One step forward, two steps back it seems...

I look forward to a more active universe for me :thumbup: , but feel sorry for the shaft some of the other universes are taking. :confused:

Mrj

Date of registration: Apr 26th 2011

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 8:48am

So the non ACS fornax will get ACS?

Very sad to loose the non ACS fornax. Non acs allows for a different style of play entirely unsuitable to ACS uni's :-( Fornax is busy and has unique players that will not cope well in ACS uni's (me included) If a merge is absolutely neccessary then Fornax would make a fine non ACS target uni. I do hope GF considers this.
Hi I'm new, but reasonably old. I used to play 3/4 years ago in uni 16 and then 33. Anyone from Midori/Bushido still around please pm me!

Nemesis_4khj

Date of registration: Sep 24th 2009

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 9:50am

Very sad to loose the non ACS fornax. Non acs allows for a different style of play entirely unsuitable to ACS uni's :-( Fornax is busy and has unique players that will not cope well in ACS uni's (me included) If a merge is absolutely neccessary then Fornax would make a fine non ACS target uni. I do hope GF considers this.
I have to agree, this would be a sound option and give a chance to players who would like a change, Change Fornax to a target and drop uni 20 all together.

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 10:15am

yes. why are we discussing this. we ave no say in anything. as said above - just close de doors, GF.

hof 550

advanced (solo) 87

RIP kills 123

... rumors of unpredictability, followed by mass carnage

Lynbo

I'm too old to know everything

• "Lynbo" started this thread

Date of registration: Oct 28th 2007

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 10:38am

GF do listen, some details in the other mergers were changed as a direct result of points raised in the discussion thread. The BA/GA and Paci all read these threads to pass on the general opinions. I've already raised the point about there being no specials on offer as Target unis. Unfortunately there are 4 specials included in the Exodus list and that means there will be unhappy people.

A reminder for those who are completely new to this process, there is a useful guide to what will happen: FAQ Merging Universes

It's only a game
Watch out.. my Mod stick just got bigger!
Massive hugs to Noble Six for my new pink Avy

NikeJoshua

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 11:10am

If Fornax has to be an Exodus uni, wouldn't it make more sense to merge it with the other non ACS uni's, ie Uni1?
Alternatively, make Fornax a Target uni as already suggested...

frozeman

Learning my ABC

Date of registration: Jul 21st 2011

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 11:50am

there is a useful guide to what will happen: FAQ Merging Universes
What will happen to the special universes?
We will take special features into account. It's not our intention to get rid of the special universes, and for sure if a special universe is involved it won't lose it's features (so would most likely be a target universe).

That's funny... not.

This merge should be cancelled. It's too soon for these unis. You cannot compare them to the numbered unis where there was a need for a merge.
And the idea to merge Fornax with uni1 would be a suicide! What kind of balance do you see in this case, except the non-ACS feature?..
The best option would be just to cancel this stupid merge, or better said, postpone it.

enifield1

I'm one of the big boys now :D

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 12:25pm

Or maybe the best idea is just to merge the standard uni's. Leaving the specials. Thats the most even handed and best approach. Minimises server costs, makes one VERY active uni with probs more than 10k players which will be fantastic.

Also it leaves the specials as is
Single HOF: 50
ACS HOF: 9
ACS Adv HOF:4
Solo Adv: 3

Lord Guillaume

Lord of the Land

Date of registration: Sep 16th 2009

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 12:40pm

I agree with Kurgs us Capellans needed this merger :p our board section is like a graveyard :) but losing some special unis doesn't seem necessary...
My S-Mod is Kamil

Templars/Andromeda
Uni.44/GUG

Cavalier

I'm one of the big boys now :D

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 12:50pm

So nice to see they haven't learned their lesson from previous unis when merging for the third time. Honestly isn't that hard to create a new destination uni and make others go to it.

minimatjr

Date of registration: Apr 1st 2010

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 12:58pm

Andro, Barym and Capella need to get merged together. throw Draco in with 44 or 20 (got to be honest i dont know if theres anything special about those numbered merged Uni's other than 1 is non - ACS) and then leave all the other Uni's. they are all special and they shouldnt lose that feature. players have gone to those Uni's for those special rules and alot of them will have payed alot of money to play in that uni. it seems awfully unfair on them to kill there Uni off.

Its got to be said, that us in Capella need a few new players to mix with, the numbers are down but i still think capella could get away with another year on its own. its not dead like the numbered Uni's were.

the other Uni's are in no position for needing the mergers.
Andro {Capella} - [Republic] - HoF's: 115 [29 advanced 20% + 86 Basic 20%] - 46 RIP's killed - (Retired)
No.1 solo mini vs Lord Guillaume (TD: 2.485.022.000)

Mizar - [Republic] - HoF's: 37 - [8 advanced 20% + 29 Basic 20%] - 3 RIP's killed - (Retired)
No.2 mini [Republic] VS ahla (TD: 950.869.500 | TP: 61.534.741)

unionpacific59

Unregistered

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 1:09pm

NO to the merger. they are still to young to be tinkering with them. The new pay to play feature stinks a bit to, although a noob with a big account is still a noob. I see GF puting money in the bank by shutting down servers, which what this is all leading to. MONEY!!!!

just my 2cents worth

Yakuza mafia

Unregistered

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 1:09pm

I wonder how long will take my RIPs to move in exodus uni when they need +5h to reach a system next to me :D

Standard uni works fine for me as well so just keep up the good work GF.

Hecthor Doomhammer

Learning my ABC

Date of registration: May 27th 2011

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 1:53pm

If this merger does anything, is scare a lot of unskilled newbies away, fast.
This merger is coming way too soon and if any uni should be 1 of the targets, it should be Fornax

hourglass

Unregistered

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 2:02pm

Does the fact that none of the target unis are special unis mean that GF is trying to close down the special unis and not have to deal with them anymore for some reason? Does it make updating harder? Will there be no more special unis in the future?

_Goku_

Date of registration: Nov 27th 2010

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 2:16pm

This is ridiculous! Way to soon for named uni's to be merged! But I suppose they have atleast got 1 thing right by not including kass Leo and mizar in the merge tho... I don't play in any other the uni's being merged but I feel for those who do!

What's the bet that they will want to merge kass Leo and mizar in 3 months! The merge need to wait another year in my opinion! Any merge shouldn't happen until it close to 3 years old... Just hope Leo doesn't get merged for atleast 18months to 2 years

jayce jones

Learning my ABC

Date of registration: Jan 15th 2009

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 3:19pm

I have to agree, this would be a sound option and give a chance to players who would like a change, Change Fornax to a target and drop uni 20 all together.
I'm another vote for using Fornax as a target. Some of us wanted to play non-ACS and deliberately picked Fornax as a starting place.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "jayce jones" (May 5th 2012, 3:44pm)