You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to OGame.org. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BubbleBeam

Feared enemy...for some few :p

• "BubbleBeam" started this thread

Date of registration: Jul 6th 2012

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 1:46am

honor

so is there like some "emporers vs bandits" thing goin on anywhere?
well, theres bound to be somewhere
anyone in mizar doin it?

i am
ive decided im gona target players with negative honor
in fact i decided that when i opened my account in mizar but then i forgot about it

ahh man im gona make a rite mess :missilelauncher:
Huge fan of destruction!

davidfranses

I think I spend too much time here

Date of registration: Feb 7th 2012

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 1:48am

EDIT : Made a bit more 'civil'

Hey bubble, again, nothing personal, but this kind of stuff is better discussed on the spamboards.

I'm glad to hear you have ambitious plans for Mizar :)

Unfortunately , nobody really cares about the honor system is it is implemented right now , bandits usually are fleeters, and starlords turtles who had a visit . The fact that someone is honorable or not rarely influences someone hitting someone else (the only thing that changes are the follow-up raids, with 50,75,100 % loot)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "davidfranses" (Aug 21st 2012, 1:55am)

IMNVS

say it out loud speak the truth

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 2:32am

David, if you believe someone as posted in the wrong section, don't berate them for it. Instead, report the post. In fact, this post is about something directly related to Ogame and is a discussion and thus this is EXACTLY the section this should have been posted in. What you are doing by berating him is called 'backseat modding' and can get you a 'disregarding the rules' warning.

Second, I know plenty of people that do care. I know Miners that will not trade their deuterium to anyone with negative honour.

Third, your assumption about whom has negative and whom has positive honour is wrong. There are PLENTY of Fleeters with positive Honour. The biggest Fleeter in Uni20 has the third most HP in the universe... and the person with most HP is the fourth biggest Fleeter in the universe.
Damn, I miss IMNVS's modding on the forums and the conversations that followed that! Forums have become kinda poor now. :P
:nono "Honour: If you need it defined, you don't have it." - Ron Swanson :nono

You are editing your own user account. Unthought changes might lock you out of your account. Please be careful!

Dark Depresion

Living in the darkness

Date of registration: Jan 6th 2009

Occupation: Student at the Royal School of Library and Information Science

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 1:09pm

Third, your assumption about whom has negative and whom has positive honour is wrong. There are PLENTY of Fleeters with positive Honour. The biggest Fleeter in Uni20 has the third most HP in the universe... and the person with most HP is the fourth biggest Fleeter in the universe.

This is something only seen in old universes, where targets are sparse, but bigger. New universes tend to have mostly bandits among the biggest fleeters. The best example I can give is Kassiopea.pl where 26 of the Top 30 military points are bandit lords.

I haven't really seen anyone getting hunted purely because they are either bandits or emperors... It usually have much moer to do with a tasty fleet or a good amount of ress to catch.
20.856.097 (Plass 3 av 289) - Indestructible 19.082.161 (91.4 %) - Gave it away
39.156.558 (Miejsce 10 z 2.360) - Indestructible 36.168.900 (92.3 %)
103.447.697 (Placering 1 af 666) - 2.500 RIPs killed, 61 billion TD
Authority and rules are created to be opposed :D

thephilbilly

It is good to be thephilbilly

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 1:28pm

yeah, not quite right there IMNVS, in Andro 22 of the top 30 are bandits, in Jupiter 21 of the top 30, so naming 2 is not quite PLENTY, that said, be carefull Bubble, Players with fleet who are bandits are generally quite active players, with little or no mercy, i know you like to bring your own brand of Chaos to the game but hunting folks solely on their bandit status will probably end in tears (or a rather large DF).
fools are the only people on earth who can count on getting what they deserve..... Cort of Gilead

HoFs: i can count to potato :doofylook:

BubbleBeam

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 2:06pm

hmmm.. a possible change of heart...

i just asked myself: "what's my problem"

i dont care about being hit by players 10 times as strong as me
by fleets so huge i can do no damage in return
or players that only want to talk about "profit profit profit"
so its not actually bandits i have a problem with
other players can play however they jolly-well please, as do i

what i have a problem with is whiney players

the ones that make a right fuss when you attack them, especially if u didnt make a profit
especially if they themselves have negative honor

its that combination of the two
that "how can you complain about this when you go around doing that" sorta thing
Huge fan of destruction!

spartan117

Date of registration: Mar 2nd 2012

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 2:51pm

@IMNVS can you explain what you told about miners that don't want to trade with players with negative honor?why is that?first time I hear this.

Commander Adama

UNI Hydra(unfortunately merged)
UNI Andromeda(active)
UNI Barym(retired)
UNI Taurus(active)
UNI Wasat-with big storages and a mighty fleet.

Not v-moded since ~2011------Finally v-moded August 2014.

BubbleBeam

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 3:07pm

makes sense to me

deut is a powerful weapon

some people dont like bandits

you wouldnt give some1 u dont like a powerful weapon now would u?

(unless ur the united states of america)
Huge fan of destruction!

IMNVS

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 5:13pm

The don't do it because they KNOW that those people with negative honour are hitting targets that can't fight back. By denying them deuterium, that's fewer launches the bandits can make. To put things in perspective, I typically (when I'm not saving it up for a research) sell hundreds of millions of deuterium in a month, and that's a few launches bandits won't make if I refuse to trade with them.

Also, Fleeters don't need to have negative honour, that's the point I was making, and that point is still valid. I gave evidence to show that this claim is true. Even if EVERY other Fleeter in he game has negative honour, what I said is still true because there are people that have done it. Saying what I said isn't true is like saying saying that man can't get to the moon because of all the billions of people on this planet well over 99.99% of them will never make it there.
Damn, I miss IMNVS's modding on the forums and the conversations that followed that! Forums have become kinda poor now. :P

You are editing your own user account. Unthought changes might lock you out of your account. Please be careful!

spartan117

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 9:58pm

Now that you mentioned it I won't trade with bandits again.I have never thought that before.luckily my buyers have positive honor.

Commander Adama

UNI Andromeda(active)
UNI Barym(retired)
UNI Taurus(active)

Cancerman

Date of registration: Jun 15th 2012

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 10:19pm

thats the spirit dont sell deut to bandits lol

what ever happened to * i can see only youre proffit not youre name( rank /pints ) quote?

if u profitable u get hit no mater weak or strong

perhaps if ppl was more carefull about what thay are doing , there would bee no bandit ranks at all ever thought of that?

now dayes wiv new 50k noob protection , and 5:1 tactical retreat new plyers are pretty much well guarded and can lern to fs/rs before crossing 50k points

sure u can find some players that bash others or still let attacks in even if players gets online and spend ress/fs to make him quit and get new farm or such stuff

but its not like its very common or main factor of bandits , after all its a war game so there have to be casualties.

'' The first casualty of war is innocence''

if thay wont lern in that time , then maby thay should try different game , after all its a online space empire symulator , and even old ads was preaching about becaming a king of the universe :complaingrumble:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Cancerman" (Aug 21st 2012, 10:25pm)

spartan117

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 10:25pm

Personaly I don't care about what ogame,gameforge,go s etc do for new players aka noobs.all I know is that I don't agree a 25kk player hittin an almost 1k player.hence I won't trade deut with him.I have never cared for honor points (cause I only mine lately)but now I know I will just keep trading with positive honor players.consider it a boost from some miner that agree with my point for fleeters that have honor points.

Edit:I am not againist bandits-dont get me wrong.I just think I would prefer to trade with a "honorable" player.after all if it is a war we can take sides.

Commander Adama

UNI Andromeda(active)
UNI Barym(retired)
UNI Taurus(active)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "spartan117" (Aug 21st 2012, 10:34pm)

BubbleBeam

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 10:50pm

it would be quite entertaining to have a full-scale war between bandits and emperors
across all unis
and all ranks

i mean i figured there already was anyway cuz otherwise i dont realy get what the honor system's for
Huge fan of destruction!

manread

I'm one of the big boys now :D

Date of registration: Sep 20th 2011

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 11:04pm

when the HP system came to u1 i quickly became an emperor (was only at aroun 50-70k points at the time) and most of my targets were honourable and profitable, but over time as they didnt rebuild defense/fleet they became dishonourable, but still profitable, so i kept on hitting them, if any of them asked why i was hitting them i sent them a polite pm explaining why with a couple of useful links and such, so if they actually wanted to learn a bit about the game, they could (that being said i still hit them)

now i have had this method applied to me by someone who i now consider a good friend, it taught me a lot about the game and thats why i apply it to other people

in regards to IMNVS's point, any player can defend themselves, its called fleetsaving, 99% of people with half decent fleets hit for profit only (maybe the occasional revenge hit, but that is a special case) if all of my farms fleet and resource saved properly then i wouldnt hit them, and i dont know anyone who would hit them, bandit or no, if they werent profitable.

im a bandit in u1, and shortly after the merge (when i was still 'honourable') i realised where i was heading HP wise, and i thought to myself, 'ive heard a lot about people doing defense bashing simply for HP , i think i may try it, atleast it will stop me from becoming a bandit. At that point i realised that i had nothing against the people i considered for HP farming, and as i didnt want to make their gaming any worse by hitting them for no reason and eventually decided against it.

now IMNVS my question is this: would you rather trade deut to a bandit like me who hits for profit and doesnt care about HP, or would you rather trade deut with someone who hits the same people, but the goes and bashes defenses so they dont have the bandit title, which is more honourable?

just some food for thought ...
We Are The Meta and We will find you very soon ...

'Honour' Points:

MP destroyed:
58 [META] manread 3.606.663

Quoted from "GameForge"

"The high expectations that our players have of us are the standards we set ourselves."

made me lol

spartan117

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 11:05pm

The honor system applies in merchant,fleet retreat and resources that attackers capture.(If it applies somewhere else too I am not aware of it).

Commander Adama

UNI Andromeda(active)
UNI Barym(retired)
UNI Taurus(active)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "spartan117" (Aug 21st 2012, 11:11pm)

Cancerman

Date of registration: Jun 15th 2012

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 11:12pm

let me give u an example about bandit/honor player system

trade ms with a lot more stronger player than youre self

hes lfs atacking u are giving him negative honor points while you gain a + honor poits

and so on , there is a lot of simple situations like that

consider posibilities that by playing as a fleeter you expand youre empire in 70% using your fleet , rether than mines , so its hard to pass on some juicy noob , while u dependand on your hits

in conclusion , miners are self seficient , not like fleeters whom nead targets

BubbleBeam

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 12:17am

haha
yeah right
bandits are the honorable ones
and the queens poor and jamaicans are slow
and i'm a turtle
hahahahahaha

look,

u bandits keep giving us the same old "profit profit profit" bullcrap
we get it
you think the only legitimate reason to attack someone is for profit
thats what YOU think

but there are no right or wrong reasons
no rules dictating it
a player can attack whoever they please
my main reason is simple: games in general are all about scoring points
i care more about my military points destroyed and honor points than my overall points
so if i can score more military points destroyed than military points lost
and get some honor at the same time
its worth it

so if ur attacker feels their strike was worth the costs, then what's ur problem
they may not have gained anything that YOU care about but UR not the one gaining it
they probably gained something that THEY care about
otherwise they wouldnt have bothered

so what's so great about profit that you think EVERYONE should care about it?
huh?
Huge fan of destruction!
This post has already been reported.

IMNVS

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 12:23am

Actually, manread, I'm confused by what that has to do with my point. My point is that Fleeters can have positive HP.

You can insist you have the right to do as you like, but so can the people that decide they want to hunt bandits or refuse to sell to bandits. Getting up on a soapbox to proclaim they're wrong in doing so makes you look even more wrong in their eyes. Don't expect them to change their mind either.

As for who I sell my deuterium to? What does that have to do with anything? However, I will say that it doesn't matter what one does to make oneself a jerk. Just because someone is a jerk in a way that gets them HP doesn't mean Miners should sell deuterium to people with negative HP.

arleneangle

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 8:05am

What you talk about is so interesting.

( Warning for spam. - imnvs )

Apep

Undead Warning Machine

Date of registration: Jun 4th 2008

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 8:20pm

Well, you can not trade with them of course, but it has very little to do with how actually honorable a person is. It's a misnomer and a bit insulting. When someone is casting aspersions upon you, it's not getting on a soapbox to correct it. Not every dishonorable hit is a 100,000 k player hitting a 1k player. For one thing it's not based on your total score, it's based on your relative military score. You can be just outside the prescribed ration and get negative honor. These small hits add up, causing you too look like a bully when it's just normal raiding. Since I've started in Orion last week I haven't found many honorable AND profitable raid targets near me at all. Maybe one or two. As a result I have a slight negative honor. I did hit one guy out of spite for calling my a coward just for probing him. When I look at honorable targets near me they appear unprofitable as it is. I could build more fleet but then the shift in military points will make them unhonorable targets.There's a difference between being utterly ruthless and not feeling compelled to play in such a way as to have to grow slowly.
My SMOD is Dark Fire
Sections: Jupiter, Kassiopeia, Leo

Cor Ira [Jedi]