You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to OGame.org. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

MrMage

Unregistered

Wednesday, September 26th 2007, 3:57pm

DragoSim 2 - Now with Greasemonkey Script!

Hi there,

Since the original DragoSim thread got lost, I hereby create a new one. You can find the DragoSim 2, a very fast online battle simulator for OGame, at http://drago-sim.com/?lang=english.

I have created a tiny Greasemonkey script which integrates the DragoSim 2 into OGame. It works with Mozilla Firefox with installed Greasemonkey Extension and with Opera 9.

It has the following features:

• In the menu on the left a red entry "DragoSim 2" is added.
  • In your messages section, below every espionage report a "DragoSim 2" link will appear which automatically reads in the espionage report. But: make sure that you have selected the correct language in the DragoSim by clicking on "Save Settings" in the menu on the left! Otherwise the report will not be read in
  • After you have visited your "Research" tab, your weapon technology etc. will automatically be read in on attacker's side.

Installation instructions

Firefox users

1. Make sure you have installed the Greasemonkey Extension.
2. Go to http://drago-sim.com/greasemonkey/dragosim-ogame.user.js.
3. Choose 'Install'.
4. Done!

Opera users

1. Download http://drago-sim.com/greasemonkey/dragosim-ogame.user.js to your hard disk.
2. Put the file into your User Javascript directory. You can specifiy that directory in the Preferences: Advanced->Content->Javascript Options.
3. Done!

Greetings

MrMage

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MrMage" (Sep 26th 2007, 4:10pm)

Oust99

I think I spend too much time here

Date of registration: Jan 20th 2007

Thursday, September 27th 2007, 11:29pm

is it legal and does it mess up Gtool plugin when exporting reports to Gtool?

MrMage

Unregistered

Friday, September 28th 2007, 12:16am

1. It should be legal since FoxGame, NeoGame, Ogame-Script and all the others are legal, too.
2. I don't know what Gtool is, but I suppose my script won't be messing around with it since it just adds a small link.

Why don't you just try it out and tell us if it works for you?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MrMage" (Sep 28th 2007, 12:18am)

Crimson King

Suggestion's (evil?) Gunslinger

Date of registration: Nov 13th 2005

Friday, September 28th 2007, 1:53am

Just because tools like FoxGame and NeoGame are legal does not mean that this is. You need to clear it with the GAs to be safe.
First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire. - Roland Deschain of Gilead

Issues with a closed thread? Questions about a suggestion?
PM me.

Complaint about me or my modding? Contact my SMod, Florence

Co-author of Cumulative Cost, alongside kwinse.

Ezekiel.

Unregistered

Friday, September 28th 2007, 2:01am

i think it should be safe even if the GAs say no >_>

but ill wait to see :P

Oust99

Friday, September 28th 2007, 2:31am

It might cock up espionage reports because the Gtool plugin parses these reports and sends the data to a Gtool database.

I have to admit I can't see why this would be an illegal tool. I'm not going to go into how scripts are detected (might help scripters too much).

As a "clean" gamer I would say I give it the thumbs up if a GA agrees it doesn't breach any rules and regulations. I'll then test it out with Gtool and report back.

Cheers...Oust99

MrMage

Unregistered

Friday, September 28th 2007, 2:42pm

Well, in Germany there is the OGame-Script. This Script has exactly the functionality my script offers and a lot more, and it is legal.

Slates

Unregistered

Friday, September 28th 2007, 5:04pm

Couple of questions:

1) The DragoSim 2 page doesn't work for me anymore. When I click scan it opens a text box but I can't past the full report in like I used to. I am using FireFox.

2) I installed per your instructions but it is not working. It goes directly to the German version of Dragosim even though I changed it to English and clicked "Save Settings".

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Slates" (Sep 28th 2007, 5:04pm)

MrMage

Unregistered

Friday, September 28th 2007, 5:26pm

Quoted

Original von Slates
Couple of questions:

1) The DragoSim 2 page doesn't work for me anymore. When I click scan it opens a text box but I can't past the full report in like I used to. I am using FireFox.

Well, that's a new feature. Just paste the scan into it (by pressing CTRL+C) and press 'Enter'. It will read the report. If not, send me a PM with an example report.

Quoted

2) I installed per your instructions but it is not working. It goes directly to the German version of Dragosim even though I changed it to English and clicked "Save Settings".

That's bad. I will have to do language specific versions then. Try this one for the english version:

http://drago-sim.com/greasemonkey/dragos…english.user.js

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "MrMage" (Sep 28th 2007, 5:29pm)

Slates

Unregistered

Friday, September 28th 2007, 5:43pm

Ok, the new script works great, it goes directly to the english version and populates the info.. very nice!

For the 1st point, the little text box pops up but when I Ctrl-C into it, only the first line of text appears to paste in and when I hit enter nothing happens.

However, that might be a moot point as with your new functionality I can't imagine I will need to paste as much!

MrMage

Unregistered

Friday, September 28th 2007, 6:13pm

Quoted

Original von Slates
For the 1st point, the little text box pops up but when I Ctrl-C into it, only the first line of text appears to paste in and when I hit enter nothing happens.

However, that might be a moot point as with your new functionality I can't imagine I will need to paste as much!

Thanks for the hint. I now fixed it; you will have to press F5 on the DragoSim to get the fix.

kwinse

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoq pɹoɐɯ

Date of registration: Nov 13th 2005

Friday, September 28th 2007, 6:18pm

Quoted

Originally posted by MrMage
Well, in Germany there is the OGame-Script. This Script has exactly the functionality my script offers and a lot more, and it is legal.
Just because some other script does more than yours doesn't automatically make yours legal. Also, just because a script is legal in another country doesn't make it legal here. Trust me, you are best off talking to the GAs before you get a bunch of people banned (including yourself) for T&C violations...

EDIT: FYI, I talked to SOLID, hence his post. <_<

B&C & Suggestions Moderator
Complaints about me or my modding? Please PM me or my SMod, Florence.
Coauthor of Cumulative Cost, alongside Crimson King.

SOLID

Unregistered

Friday, September 28th 2007, 6:35pm

It is ok :)

keylarion

Psy's sweet little fiddle.

Date of registration: Dec 10th 2005

Friday, September 28th 2007, 6:55pm

As it has been approved, link added to the Overview :)
*thumbs up*
Good work there !
LPG Rank: 7
Alert's Lounge: 2

Longest User Intro Thread Ever

Got involved in life. Sorry.

MrMage

Unregistered

Friday, September 28th 2007, 8:03pm

Thank you :-)

Information about the new version 0.9.0 is available here:

http://forum.drago-sim.com/index.php/topic,154.0.html

It's really a lot and you might not be knowing all of it, so have a look at it!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MrMage" (Sep 28th 2007, 8:03pm)

Oust99

Sunday, October 7th 2007, 5:55pm

I'm getting a 404 error?

is there a problem with this battle sim web site?

Cheers...Oust99

MrMage

Unregistered

Sunday, October 7th 2007, 6:40pm

Quoted

Original von Oust99
I'm getting a 404 error?

is there a problem with this battle sim web site?

Cheers...Oust99

I don't get any error. Which page do you mean?

Oust99

Wednesday, October 10th 2007, 12:10am

Got it sorted...

I use a script blocker and it was preventing the sim from running. I've allowed your web site and it works fine now.

I keep forgetting I use a script blocker, my bad!

Cheers...Oust99

nmshooter

Unregistered

Wednesday, October 10th 2007, 4:42pm

I dont get it. When I click on any link for your product all I see is coding. I dont see anything that says "install".

Maybe when its more user friendly to me, I'll give it a go.

MrMage

Unregistered

Wednesday, October 10th 2007, 5:43pm

Quoted

Original von nmshooter
I dont get it. When I click on any link for your product all I see is coding. I dont see anything that says "install".

Maybe when its more user friendly to me, I'll give it a go.

Use the instructions given above. Which browser do you use? If you use Firefox, did you install Greasemonkey?