You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to OGame.org. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

eX0du5

Unregistered

Tuesday, November 29th 2005, 11:33pm

Galaxy Tool Version 2.1

Hi Folks,

i am en ex-ogamer in several german universes.
During that time i developed my galaxy tool which is always praised by its users.

Since Version 2.0 it is capable of understanding english galaxy views and also can show all information in english.
Since this latest version i translatet the instructions page to english. With the help of ataraxia (#ogame.org) it was finished today.

So what does it do ?
If you like pictures more than large text, you can go to the
download page.
There are some screenshots of the tool.

The tool itself helps alliances to know where their enemies are located, where inactive or blocked players are and so on.
All you have to do, is to install the tool on a webserver with php and mysql support.
After that you need to copy the galaxy views into the database, by simple copy and paste mechnism.

If you have some systems inserted, you can search for playernames, allynames, inactive or blocked players, players which have a moon, search in special regions (eg. 5:1 to 5:150) and a mix of all that.
The information are displayed and you can modify your request or whatever you like.

The admin can create new user accounts, so that every alliance member can have his own account. This is good because if someone only uses the tool for searching and never paste some systems into it, he can be locked of from the search mode, until he has done his job ;)

If you have questions, just ask them :)

vnt87

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 30th 2005, 6:14pm

Looks interesting.
My friend developed something similar in Excel, but it's not as convenience since not everybody has Excel installed. This tool of yours makes it alot easier and much more convenience. Thanks alot for sharing it :)

GenGrievous

Unregistered

Sunday, December 4th 2005, 1:55pm

AWESOME.... i've began populating.. the conveniency in war situations to search for and find all of one persons planets... nice work man, nice work! hell if you had paypal i would donate! the only depressing thing is the manual work involved and the need to constantly update.. But hella nice piece of work.

I'll only make one small suggestion for the next release... To increase readability in system views in the Database Status, add a little padding to the cells as they're shear with the sides of the table.. Appart from that.... it's all good

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "GenGrievous" (Dec 4th 2005, 2:00pm)

eVil-uni3

Unregistered

Wednesday, December 7th 2005, 11:34am

I followed the installation instructions on the webpage, but cannot get this to work. :(

I keep getting this error:

Source code

Warning: session_start(): open(. /sessiontemp\sess_138ab156446194d3cd15c6267e0c3e8b, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\www\public\galaxietool\index.php on line 3

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at c:\www\public\galaxietool\index.php:3) in c:\www\public\galaxietool\index.php on line 3

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at c:\www\public\galaxietool\index.php:3) in c:\www\public\galaxietool\index.php on line 3

Notice: Undefined index: lang in c:\www\public\galaxietool\index.php on line 24

Notice: Use of undefined constant L_USERNAME - assumed 'L_USERNAME' in c:\www\public\galaxietool\languages\german.inc.php on line 6

Notice: Use of undefined constant L_PASSWORD - assumed 'L_PASSWORD' in c:\www\public\galaxietool\languages\german.inc.php on line 7

Notice: Use of undefined constant L_LOGINFAILURE - assumed 'L_LOGINFAILURE' in c:\www\public\galaxietool\languages\german.inc.php on line 8

Notice: Use of undefined constant L_LOGINTEXT - assumed 'L_LOGINTEXT' in c:\www\public\galaxietool\languages\german.inc.php on line 9

Notice: Use of undefined constant L_LANGUAGE - assumed 'L_LANGUAGE' in c:\www\public\galaxietool\languages\german.inc.php on line 10

(About three pages of these errors follow..)

The sign-in bit still appears and when I try to sign in I get this one:

Source code

Warning: session_start(): open(. /sessiontemp\sess_db74320ba396d8fc57aaf8938d3d994d, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\www\public\galaxietool\secret\index.php on line 2

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at c:\www\public\galaxietool\secret\index.php:2) in c:\www\public\galaxietool\secret\index.php on line 2

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at c:\www\public\galaxietool\secret\index.php:2) in c:\www\public\galaxietool\secret\index.php on line 2
Bitte einloggen! / Please Login!

Warning: Unknown(): open(. /sessiontemp\sess_db74320ba396d8fc57aaf8938d3d994d, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (. /sessiontemp) in Unknown on line 0

Using: Windows XP, Apache, MySQL, PHP

Any ideas?

eX0du5

Unregistered

Wednesday, December 7th 2005, 1:18pm

Quoted

Original von eVil-uni3
I followed the installation instructions on the webpage, but cannot get this to work. :(

I keep getting this error:

Source code

Warning: session_start(): open(. /sessiontemp\sess_138ab156446194d3cd15c6267e0c3e8b, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\www\public\galaxietool\index.php on line 3

Any ideas?

The first line is your problem! As it seems your PHP and Apache do not support Session handling. Thats a fault of your installation, not of my program - sry :(
I started a short look at google and this seems do be a solution:
google search

I am sorry, that my developer board is only in german, but I hope it will work though this board. - Another way: ogamenet - channel #bad-boys - nick: eX0du5

@GenGrievous I tried to automate it as much as possible. But some things just have to be done manually - security restrictions of PHP and Apache.

Variable

Unregistered

Wednesday, December 7th 2005, 5:50pm

Supper mega thanks. This works great. I also started to populate it and just love it! The Java tool is a must! Has saved me lots of time.

Only one sugestion... can you add the ability to save probe reports and combat reports? And if so then add the ability to search for "good targets" search by profits fleet size etc.... Just a though but definitly not needed if it is too much work.

Just a helpful hint to anyone who wants to use this. I found profusehost.net that has free php, sql support, just have to deal with the ads on the page, but free is good. Had mine up and running in less than an hour.

I have spent about 25 min on it this morning and already have all of g9 and half of g8 mapped. (I am working backward)

vnt87

Unregistered

Friday, December 9th 2005, 2:56pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Variable
Only one sugestion... can you add the ability to save probe reports and combat reports? And if so then add the ability to search for "good targets" search by profits fleet size etc.... Just a though but definitly not needed if it is too much work.

I was gonna suggest something like that too :D. It would be much more useful if we can share Spy Report as well. Something similar to esprep.org now maybe?

eX0du5

Unregistered

Friday, December 9th 2005, 10:41pm

I am still thinking of adding probe reports into it.
But there are two different ways of doing this.
One is like notes for every planet. The other one is to parse the probe report and make it searchable ;) So you could search for players with more than xyz battleships or something like that.

The first one is much easier to code, the second one would be the more useful thing :D
So I am not sure what I will do. But I like the second method more than the first :D :D :D

At the moment I made some changes within the galaxy parser, because the german user get a new galaxy view within the next days.
Does anyone know something about the english galaxy view ? Will it be updated too ?
As long as you have the "old" view I would have to use two different kinds of tool :(
So I wouldn't update the english version until the galaxy view is ready.

With the new GV, i get information about moon size and debris field size. So you could also search for debris fields ;) But only if your data is realy new *g*

vnt87

Unregistered

Saturday, December 10th 2005, 10:57am

No announcement had been made about the galaxy view. I guess they'll test it in .de first :). Thanks for your effort :).

doc

Unregistered

Saturday, December 10th 2005, 4:09pm

it seems it will come here wednesday..
great tool, one of the most useful ever :D

ah anyway theres a bug i think, when i make a research for planets only moon, it wont change page.. i mean when i click on page 2 the names disappear
but ONLY if i select "Only moons"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "doc" (Dec 10th 2005, 4:09pm)

eX0du5

Unregistered

Saturday, December 10th 2005, 6:43pm

Quoted

Original von doc
it seems it will come here wednesday..

Hmmm I dont think so :D @ ogame.de it is only in uni1 because it is to buggy :D
When all bugs are killed it will be released - they said this two or three days ago ;)

Quoted

Original von doc
ah anyway theres a bug i think, when i make a research for planets only moon, it wont change page.. i mean when i click on page 2 the names disappear
but ONLY if i select "Only moons"

Thx a lot! Found the bug and killed it :D
I hope you'll get the new galaxy view as fast as possible to check out the new version.

doc

Unregistered

Saturday, December 10th 2005, 7:55pm

ah found where i read it :P

So, I was just bumming around .de today...

Beach

Unregistered

Sunday, December 11th 2005, 4:02pm

Im having great difficultly setting it up, im using Mozzila, ive installed exstracted

Quoted

First of all you need to download and extract the tool. After that you have to copy the data on your webserver.
Ready with that, you need to edit the config.php. You need to change the login information for your MySQL database and you should rename the tablenames. You could rename table1 to "u10" to show you, that it is for universe 10. table2 stores user information and could be renamed to "usertable".

this makes no sense to me, so in simple languge what do i have to do?

vnt87

Unregistered

Tuesday, December 13th 2005, 4:39am

An official announcement has been given: New galaxyscreen
I can't wait to see the new version :D

Etheric

Unregistered

Tuesday, December 13th 2005, 12:29pm

Hi eX0du5,

I am a French player, and I developped a similar tool that I run on my own server for me, my allies and my friends. It is always interesting to compare what other people have done with similar objectives.
I will have a look into your tool, which seems much more powerful than mine when it comes to searching things in the database (also, mine only works with the French ogame). If you want, I would be pleased to give you an access to my website so you can compare (I hope I still have a few features you don't, to make up for the moon support and searching features I miss).

By the way, good luck for the work the new galaxyview will give you (and I of course). I just hate writing parsers again and again, and those damn webpages keep changing their layout every other month...

I will contact you on IRC when I have more free time. ;)

eX0du5

Unregistered

Tuesday, December 13th 2005, 1:00pm

Hi etheric,

my program is developed for multi language support. So if you like to translate the language file to french, there would be a french version too ;)
Of course the faq page should be available in french too, but my last french lesson was 9 years ago :D

Just paste your link and I will have a look at it. I can't imagine, that you have so many new features, because the last few weeks i spent in developing all the wishes from other users ;)
I don't even need this tool, because i stoped playing ogame in Feb 2005. But it is fun to develop it and as long as i have fans and downloads ... :D :D :D

vnt87

Unregistered

Thursday, December 15th 2005, 3:00pm

Have you updated the version on the download page with the one that works with the new gala view? :)

eX0du5

Unregistered

Friday, December 16th 2005, 1:53am

hehe, found it out yesterday. And that was jst luck :D

The latest version is now version 2.21 for englisch and german :)

I Hope you like all the changes - and there were a lot :D

- bugfix within the galaxy status view
- improvements within the galaxy view parser to parse the new layout
- additional tables for user and allystats
the tables will be filled with data if you insert new rows, but searching on them is not yet implemented

- search results now chooseable between 10,20,50 or 100 results per page
- improved the internal galaxy view
-- navigation as you know it from ogame
-- click on a player or ally opens up the search site with the specific results
-- shows the date of the entry
-- moon and df size is shown

- no white "session timeout" page - moved to the login page instead
- developer board is the english ogame board now
- inserted galaxy view to the menu bar on the left
- fixed problem with moon searches

Variable

Unregistered

Saturday, December 17th 2005, 7:32pm

Ex0dus,
I uploaded the update2 to the server and ran it. I got this error:

done
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '( playername VARCHAR( 30 ) NOT NULL , rank SMALLINT UNSIGNED

Do I need to upload the entire galtool and change the config.php again like on the original install? Or is uploading and running the update2 enough? If I have to upload the entire tool again is ther any way, other than copy and paste, to keep the custom links and a few other changes I made so I know what Universe I am working with. Example I added "Uni X" on each of the pages after "Ogame Galaxytool" so I can tell where I am at a glance.
I only play in Uni2 english but have a few friends who play in 3 and 4 and asked if I could add the tool for them as well on my server.
Thanks for all your hard work, but please advise.

I "say" thanks!

eX0du5

Unregistered

Monday, December 19th 2005, 9:47pm

Sry, but you need to replace most of the files to have the update effect.

The only exclusion my be the config.php in whick you can paste the new lines from the new config.php. This should be two new tablenames - nothing more. So you can keep your old configuration.

For the universe thing - have you ever looked into the language files ?
Maybe you should only rename a String in there to show it on every page. - If i understood you well, you have done a "uni 2" after each "galaxytool" string. This could be changed in the language files.

Another thing: in the functions.inc.php is a header and a footer funktion which starts and ends every page. If you add some lines of code to one of this functions, you may have the same result, but only one place to change after each update.

I hope that will help.