You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to OGame.org. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Caprica Six

Unregistered

Saturday, June 5th 2010, 8:24pm

COgame - Google Chrome Extension

General:
  • COgame (= Chrome Ogame) is an extension for Google Chrome, to make ogame a better (and much faster) place.

Install:
  1. install Google Chrome (Version 5) http://www.google.com/chrome/
  2. open Chrome and open this webpage http://cogame.timestorm.de/ click on "Download"
  3. Chrome will display a waring that you are installing a extension. accept this
  4. Chrome shows you some information about this extension
  5. install it ;)

Update:
  • Google Chrome updates the extension on it's own from time to time

DeInstall:
  1. click on "Tools"
  2. "Extensions"
  3. deinstall COgame

A hint for Google Chrome + Ogame:
  • Ogame has a big problem with Google Chrome... the ToolTips are not working. To fix this problem download the "Ogame ToolTip" extension also from http://ogame.timestorm.de/download/. I hope that the Ogame fixes this within one of the next patches then you can remove this bugfix extension.
Webpage:

Features & Settings:
  • click at the left menu button called "COgame"
  • turn on / off any option you wish and hit "save"

Current Status:
  • If you have idees for new features and options please let me know, just write it down here and I will try to add them. But please keep in mind that my day has also only 24 hours and I can't spend all of them on this extension ;)
  • Please also report bugs, little errors within the translation and so on here within the thread.
Other Languages:

guitarplyr26

Unregistered

Saturday, June 5th 2010, 9:02pm

even with the low amount of additions it's still very nice to use :) great job with the tooltip script as well, that was bugging me and a few of my buddies, but you've managed to fix it.
the transport button on the fleet1 screen is a GREAT idea, can't believe no one has thought of that before :D
the only thing i'd suggest is maybe make a speedsim link in esp reports, and auto-copy coords, that'd make fleeting a bit easier.

all in all, great scripts :)

oh, but make sure to talk to the CoMa to get it approved for use, just to avoid bugusing bans :)

OH, and you should add a circ link to the top.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "guitarplyr26" (Jun 5th 2010, 9:46pm)

Apocalypse M

Unregistered

Sunday, June 6th 2010, 7:02pm

You're amazing! Thank you. :)
I don't really understand what the transport on the first page is for...

But a really good addition would be to add the required number of cargoes needed to transport all of your resource (maybe that's what the transport button's for?)

Also if you could add an option in "Messages" to Delete All Shown Messages and Delete All Messages. A button like in AntiGame, I like that feature. :)

Thanks again.

Edit: I found out what the transport button does. :D

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Apocalypse M" (Jun 6th 2010, 7:28pm)

xNZx

I think I spend too much time here

Date of registration: Feb 27th 2010

Monday, June 7th 2010, 1:39am

Is this approved for use yet?

I'd rather not be banned >_>

Caprica Six

Unregistered

Monday, June 7th 2010, 2:04am

List of "tolerated" ogame addons ChromeOgame and Ogame Tool Tip Fix (for Chrome) is now tolerated!

a little spoiler for the next release... bringing back the older overview fleet movement! still have some work todo buts already looking greate ;) (no ugly insert frame stuff like other addons do)

xNZx

Monday, June 7th 2010, 6:13am

I like the extensions, good stuff.

Only thing I really have a problem with is the fleet speed percent. Could you make it a little smaller to fit the screen?

Other than that, cool as :D I like the transport one especially, and the LCs/SCs needed per espy reports are good.

Caprica Six

Unregistered

Monday, June 7th 2010, 8:59pm

fleetmovement in overview, please give feedback and report bugs. if something is broken turn it of within the setup.

EDIT: countdown timer is coming within the next release ;)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Caprica Six" (Jun 7th 2010, 9:29pm)

guitarplyr26

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 12:50am

i like the fleet movement in the overview, a lot. any way you can make a tooltip for the fleet composition and res on it as well? and i'm looking forward to the countdown timer :D

great work, as usual, keep it up.

Caprica Six

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 1:20am

i'm working on the tooltips, countdown timer and the information what ships and resources are within this fleet.

xNZx

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 3:21am

Fleet screen 2. Are you able to adjust the size of the percentages? It's larger than the regular text and throwing everything off.

Also, when fleet overview is enabled I have "25ms 11ms" on the far left of my screen. Don't know why it's there.

and finally, what does the "Resources: Min & Max production" do? I've had it on and off and haven't been able to find it changing anything

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "xNZx" (Jun 8th 2010, 3:23am)

Caprica Six

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 4:20am

• will remove the font size increase on the percentages within the next version
  • the "ms and ns" stuff is developing information which will be removed within the next version also. tells me how much time it needs to create a single and the complete fleet informations
  • min & max production are a 0% and 100% button on the resource settings page. you can turn production on and off with this. you find it at the "Storage capacity" line at the end "0% / 100%"

YARDofSTUF

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 4:42am

Not sure if this is bad mannered on my part, but have you considered talking to Tarja The Witch to team up to get antigame fully functional on Chrome?

I love the work both of you are putting into improving the RD for us.

guitarplyr26

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 4:44am

i believe i've found a bug. i had 2 transports going and the overview fleet menu was working fine, but when i sent out an attack it all went away.. it was working for my harvest earlier too.

thought i'd let you know :P

EDIT: thing is my friend has a computer with chrome and COgame on the same setup and his is still working even with attacks... it seems to JUST be my window/account...

EDIT AGAIN: logged out and then back in and it's working again. disregard this "bug" :P

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "guitarplyr26" (Jun 8th 2010, 4:47am)

Caprica Six

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 5:33am

if you have a error like this, please press "control + shift + j" to open the javascript consol. there you should see a error message and very important a line number. please post this here + information about what you did, which page and so on.

Antigame is a greasemonkey script primary running within FF, but also within other browsers and COgame is a chrome extension, only running on google chrome. So we have two different worlds and target communities. In the past I had developed the greasemonkey script called "ogamescript" for the old ogame, which was build to run within FF and IE... it's pain to do so. You have different browsers with different restrictions and speed. I switched to Chrome because they are offering so many so sweat tools and a speed for running javascript that is "a dream". So for nothing in the world I would switch away from chrome at the moment and develop a cross browser script with huge restrictions. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the idea of having different persons working on nearly the same stuff (what it's looking like at the moment). You will see the main benefit of using a single browser for your extension if you try to do more complex stuff like building in a combat simulator, a galaxy tool, message storage or stuff like this. But please that are only things that are possible, I never said that I will build them into COgame within the next let's say weeks ;) There are also some other more simple things that are so sweat about Chrome, easy multi language support and a easy way to add graphic files for example.

guitarplyr26

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 8:44am

are you hinting that you could possibly be building in a galaxytoolbar feature into COgame? that would be SO SWEET.

and i'm guessing you're planning on building in a simulator as well. at this rate chrome will be the #1 browser for ogame :D

Caprica Six

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 3:08pm

Yes a chrome extension is ABLE to be all this in one extension. I would not say that this is impossible for greasemonkey scripts like antigame or my old ogamescript, but it's double amount of work with lesser performance and a huge limitation in design. And yes I'm planing to build in things like this in the LONG term, but well this is a huge amount of work and time and I'm not so silly to say expect this to happen within this year. My main focus is on improvements at the moment, if I'm done with them I will switch to this kind of stuff.

xNZx

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 2:09am

That resource 0/100 is handy ;D cheers.

Caprica Six

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 2:26am

- countdown for fleets on overview page
- holding fleets (defending and expedition) are now underlined
- ms + ns display removed on overview
- fontsize of page 2 speed selection fixed
- show selected ships on fleet page 2 and fleet page 3
- select mission based on fleet and target at fleet page 3

BLOODYxPaciFIST

There're many behind me...but still some ahead

Date of registration: Feb 8th 2010

Location: "It would be a great day when schools have all the money they need and the air force has to hold a bake sale in order to buy another bomber." -Unknown

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 4:35am

if this gets to the quality and depth of anti game, i may have to switch back to chrome.

Electra HoFs
76 basic | 7 solo ADV. | 8 ADV. ACS | 1 Super Adv.
Hydra HoFs
19 basic | 1 top ten
Jupiter HoFs
98 basic solo | 4 adv. solo | 2 acs adv |3 top 10
Nekkar Hofs
1 Basic | 1 Ninja
Total HoFs | 221

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 5:10am

Thank you so much. We totally needed a fix and for now this works :)

Kodiak Krazy