You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to OGame.org. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bibob

bibob

• "bibob" started this thread

Date of registration: Oct 16th 2004

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 1:41pm

Fleet-size

Is it just me, or are other ppl wondering too why there's no fleet yet bigger then ~ 500k ships (exception: Evilyn, U6)....

Nowhere is somebody in sight who is even close to 1 million ships....

Are .org-players more happy with big ships > fodder or is there a reason i'm missing atm^^

DeathScream

Counting the years...enjoying the memories...

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2005

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 1:50pm

just for the record:

1 * Brandon78 ENVY 511.883
2 * Soulburner ENVY 460.748

that looks like over 500k and almost 500k ships to me..

and in my opinion heavy fleets > fodder

thats why :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "DeathScream" (Jun 26th 2008, 1:51pm)

Son Goku

Unregistered

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 1:50pm

RE: Fleet-size

Maybe some fleet is hidden away, just because we dont see it, doesn't mean it's not there ;)

count panter

Unregistered

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 1:52pm

Maybe it has something to do with great fleeters crashing each other (sometimes as goodbye).
I think Evils fleet for example would have over 1kk ships now if he hadn't quit.
Another factor is that lately, many top fleeters build mass RIP fleets, extremely powerfull ships of course, but they don't really bump you fleet score.

edit

@Son goku: There's no way to fool the stats, if you have a hugh fleet, you can always see that in the fleet score ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "count panter" (Jun 26th 2008, 1:53pm)

Lynbo

I'm too old to know everything

Date of registration: Oct 28th 2007

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 1:53pm

Surely it is a logistical thing... how much deut would it cost just to fleetsave that many ships... so how much deut mine level do you need to develop... how much resources does that cost to build....how big is your trade network.. and so-on. What's the point of a massive fleet if you never use it all. All that on top of the fact that those older Unis hardly have any players left anymore so there are fewer targets to raid. People reach a stage where they start collecting RIP's to take out defenses and moons... reasons are endless really.

It's only a game
Watch out.. my Mod stick just got bigger!
Massive hugs to Noble Six for my new pink Avy

DeathScream

Counting the years...enjoying the memories...

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2005

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 1:55pm

in old , non-acs uni's ppl having that much ships dont really need to fleetsave ass none can stand a chance also reasonalbe trading and investing in deut synths allows to save such big fleets in a very easy way

Canary Wundaboy

Now working for a living

Date of registration: Feb 11th 2005

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 1:58pm

It's simple, vast amounts of fodder will always be owned by smaller amounts of heavy ships. The reason people dont go up to 1mill is becuase they reach a certain point that with all their fodder AND their heavy ships they are untouchable, then their priorities shift to taking down even bigger targets or gigantic turtles, where their fleet building priorities move to destroyers, Rips and bombers.

There's simply no need for more than 500k ships.
Community Legend & Ex-Mod
Xbox Live Gamertag - Canary Wundaboy

Now permanently located in Real Life

merdog

Unregistered

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 7:52pm

UNI 1
Fleetscore
1 Valhalla write message AL.INC 491.078
2 Lord42 write message Kia Kaha 432.976

I would say that most people go for higher amounts of capitol ships, which cost a lot more. Nowadays I don't see much fodder in the HoF sections, Only the big hits have them. You see a lot of HoF's that include battleships only, or bs, dessies, and bc. I assume people think that unless you find a big hit, fodder isn't the type of ship to build.

Beyonder

OffIciAl FoRUm SmArt@Ss

Date of registration: Sep 7th 2006

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 7:59pm

I think one of the main reasons is the changing of the RF values that was implemented.Before, a mass of LF would keep you protected pretty well (back about a year ago).Now that Cruisers have a 6:1 RF against them and the new BC has RF against about everything people don't build as many LF (well most anyway ;)).I remember when the average fleet make up was 100k lf, 0 hf,7-10k cr and 3-5k bs (just using this as an example for ratio).

Capital ships > fodder

@loon. It costs little to FS large fleets if you have RiPs ;)
Tip to a rank one account. We take Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Paypal, Paysafecard, Moneybookers, Ultimate Game Card, Rixty, CashU, or we can bill your phone. Be #1 TODAY!!! (if you can click fast enough)
[/truth]

Aim with the eye, Shoot with the mind, Kill with the heart

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Beyonder" (Jun 26th 2008, 8:04pm)

Vasko Lorde

Unregistered

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 10:47pm

It could just be the hassle and deut costs of fleetsaving 1 mil+ ships in one go and even with RIPs the deut cost would be through the roof

But you never know there might be someone out there planning to build a fleet thats over 1 million ships strong :P

certainly wont be me :( :P

but if you have seen the latest hits in my universe 200-300k fleets is enough really :)

ChuckBiscuits

Does this look infected?

Date of registration: Jul 6th 2006

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 10:57pm

I am sure one day in .org we will see 1 Million ships. Its Inevitable.

But I agree with most of th posts above, Capital ships > Fodder. Besides you can use BS as fodder nowaday's :P

TKE Super Dave

Killer of fleets

Date of registration: Mar 29th 2006

Friday, June 27th 2008, 1:37am

RE: Fleet-size

bibob, I think you should know better than anyone that even .de which has been around longer, only has roughly 25 people who have a million fleet rank. Heck only the top 162 have a fleet that ranks above 500k in fleet. So to assume that .org which is considerably younger than .de to have such vast amounts is almost like asking why a baby doesn't own a house when your the parents are barely able to afford a house.

Universe 16 HoF's: 81 Advance HoFs: 3
General Section and Account Tradings, Offers, and Searches Moderator

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TKE Super Dave" (Jun 27th 2008, 1:38am)

bibob

bibob

Friday, June 27th 2008, 7:44am

Still it could've been that the older .org-unis catched up by now, no? ^^

But i of course see your point...hm..maybe i just gotta wait another year ^^

Th3drow

Riding a Unicorn off into the sunset

Date of registration: Oct 13th 2005

Friday, June 27th 2008, 7:48am

i was all for dessies back in the day :p dessies ftw so i guess i was all for less of big ships.

ya jeesh bibob why don't you start making fun of .orgs huge ears next <_<

Retired BA - Ogame.org ^_^ Back as a Mod now :D
Retired BA - gladiatus.com*huggle FaTeReLLa for the sig*

Theguyoverthere

Unregistered

Friday, June 27th 2008, 7:59am

You don't have to keep rebuilding destroyers as you do with light fighters... So why have 100k lights that you'll always have to rebuild when you can just get a huge solid dessie fleet?

FriedFish.ca

Unregistered

Friday, June 27th 2008, 8:13am

I think most top players in the uni are satisfied to spam heavy ships and go for bigger profits as opposed to build gigantic fleets to go for smaller profits via killing other large fleets.

bw2082

Unregistered

Friday, June 27th 2008, 8:22am

I have nearly 512k ships. At this time, I consider my universe virtually conquered. All the top fleets are either alliance mates, friends, or people who are always online and thus impossible to get in most cases. It's very difficult to find a target for which you need all your ships. 95% of the time my 270k+ LF 150k+ HF sit and do nothing so why build more? Now I put the resources into more useful ships that I can use for small crashing and casual raiding. Right now I could queue over 80k LF if I so chose to with all the resources I have but for the targets in my universe 350k vs 270k LF doesn't make a whole lot of difference where as a couple thousand more powerful ships does. So the bottom line for me is do I want to build a lot of ships that will sit around all day or do I want to build a smaller number of ships that I can use every day? This is not to say that large amounts of fodder are not useful because they definitely are, but there comes a time when you have so much, you don't really need any more for your universe.

King Of Kings

Unregistered

Friday, June 27th 2008, 5:14pm

Looking at my Uni, Uni5, we have Lotnar with over 500k ships, yet he never uses the fodder except going full fleet against a mega turtle.

He only build 100k lf extra, making it 200k lf, cos he was bored + with his rips and the rest of his fleet its nearly impossible to fleetcrash him.

There isnt a need anymore for these fodder fleets in Uni5 for example. Lotnars heavy fleet ( 50k cr, 40k bs, 5k bb, 10k+ de, 20k bc ) allready maximise profits against every fleet in that uni.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "King Of Kings" (Jun 27th 2008, 5:16pm)

theartofhalo2

Unregistered

Saturday, June 28th 2008, 2:55am

Alright here is the top 10 .org Fleets Excluding Speed universes.. sorry if its not 100% accurate though I'm pretty sure it is..

1. Evelyn 679.712 Ships
2. Avaritia (aka Lotnar) 531.941 Ships
3. Luce 514.110 Ships
4. Brandon78 512.314
5. Valhalla 491.078 Ships
6. Soulburner 460.742
7. Lord42 432.976
8. Sorcerer 410.110
9. No 88 408.924
10. Crais 405.013

The reason i think that .De's fleets dwarf ours over here at .org is well, .de is far older than .org, not to mention .de had a massive period of time when their was no battle cruisers, so Large fodder fleets were more common, before .org had a chance to mass a large number of fleets like the ones over their, the battle cruiser was introduced, this dramatically effected game play and fleet style, more players switched over to building up massive heavy fleets and not as many people concentrated on fodder fleets...

bibob

bibob

Saturday, June 28th 2008, 3:03am

So basicly the 2 main-reasons are:

1. not needed
  2. nobody is bored / ambitious enough to go for 1 million lf
    [/list=1]

^^