You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to OGame.org. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Subzero

Feared enemy...for some few :p

• "Subzero" started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 7th 2009

Monday, November 23rd 2009, 10:01am

ogame mobile or ogame app for cell phones

Ok let me start by saying I play this game vie my Blackberry Curve i8330 using its web browser. While trying to create an account in another universe which by the way the join and play for free links for some reason won't work for me. I thought about this becuase other things int this game don't work prime examples: registration links, timers, server clock, production clock, fleet timers ( attacking, transport, and ect.) Research clocks, building clocks, basicaly anything that auto refreshs itself, also I had to get permission to disable the IP check in order to not have to re-log in if I moved more than 5 feet or didn't refresh every minute and sometimes the refresh would aid in the DC Errors. So my idea being as my phone is java based and so is a lot of the other so called "Smart Phones" why can't we get an official ogame app.that is downloadable and instalable on the most populer smart phones? Or at the very least m.ogame.org (m = mobile) like most other mobile sites it would be entirely Java based yet connected to the same servers with everyone else? Let's face it internet will soon be the standerd on ALL cell phones very very soon. Ogame might as well welcome it as ogame on the go could set the standard as being the first mobile MMOG.

Shadowpyre

Lurking Lurker

Date of registration: Feb 5th 2008

Tuesday, November 24th 2009, 5:31pm

Rejected

The main reason there is no Ogame app is because GameForge does not want one.

iPhone App!
IPhone app

I would also like to point out that "most" smart-phones are not java-based phones and their JVM tend to run poorly so a java based applet would be a nightmarish thing to begin with.

Also, "auto-refresh" or "auto-logon" would bring its own issues, not to mention the management of the connections between who's computer and who's cell phone are allotted to each account.

(Thx GZ)