You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to OGame.org. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Falcian

Unregistered

Monday, October 13th 2008, 2:21am

Name Colors

I see different colors for people. Red, Blue, Green, White, Grey.

What do these all mean?

Lynbo

I'm too old to know everything

Date of registration: Oct 28th 2007

Monday, October 13th 2008, 2:26am

LOL... just means they have admin rights or something... some mods choose green, some choose orange. If they've got a fancy colour then they have admin rights or know a man who has.

It's only a game
Watch out.. my Mod stick just got bigger!
Massive hugs to Noble Six for my new pink Avy

mathfreak

Unregistered

Monday, October 13th 2008, 2:42am

In the game, people have their names color-coded to show what kind of player they are.

A player with his name in green means that you can not attack him because he is in newbie protection.

A player with his name in red means he/she is a strong player. He/She cannot attack you.

A player with his/her name in blue means he is in vacation mode. Their account is pretty much unable to do anything. They can still use it to view galaxies, send messages, exit vacation mode, and/or delete the account.

A player with his/her name in light gray and has a (i) next to it means that they are inactive for longer than seven days. They are free to attack by anyone. If the player has a dark gray name and has a (i I) next to it, that means they are 28 days inactive. They are still open to attack by anyone else.

Players with their name as white just means they're regular active players. Note that once you're past 25.000 points, you're free to attack anyone with at least 5.000 points and your target's name is in white.

Falcian

Unregistered

Monday, October 13th 2008, 2:44am

TYVM mathfreak. That was very informative. Not knowing what those little icons and colors meant was bothering me :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Falcian" (Oct 13th 2008, 2:45am)

mathfreak

Unregistered

Monday, October 13th 2008, 2:48am

Also note that there is a legend in the lower-right hand corner of galaxy view. If you hover your cursor over it, it will show you a condensed version of what everything means in case you ever forget.

The Atheist

Unregistered

Monday, October 13th 2008, 2:54am

RE: Name Colors

You gain ranks through board experience, the more posts you have the make the higher the rank. Special ranks can be gained by being a Moderator, Game Operator (GO) ect. There is a thread with all the ranks on it but can't quiet remember where but if anyone can I'm sure they'll add the link.

NightCrawl

Unregistered

Monday, October 13th 2008, 3:52am

@The Atheist: You mean this "thread": http://board.ogame.org/misc.php?action=faq1#9 ?

But I guess its about ingame.. may I add that barred players have a line through their nickname? :D

IMNVS

say it out loud speak the truth

Monday, October 13th 2008, 5:06am

Since we've covered both in game and out of game possibilities, I think it's...

:qatc:
Damn,I miss IMNVS's modding on the forums and the conversations that followed that!Forums have become kinda poor now.:P

:nono "Honour: If you need it defined, you don't have it." - Ron Swanson :nono

civil - adj - courteous and polite
insult - verb - speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse
source: google.com