You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to OGame.org. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ForgiveMe

Unregistered

Saturday, October 18th 2008, 8:21pm

Battleship vs Destroyer !

Which one is better for "power per resource" wise ?
(eg. 2 Battleship vs 1 Destroyer) ?

The attack and health of the Dessie is twice the BS, but the resource is also twice, unfortunately the speed is half of that BS.

On the other hand, any reason someone will build Battle Cruiser ?!?! rather than two mentioned above ?!
(Becoz BattleCruiser costs higher tech, but lower attack than BS)

IMNVS

say it out loud speak the truth

Saturday, October 18th 2008, 8:46pm

RE: Battleship vs Destroyer !

Two battleships are twice as many targets as a destroyer. This is sometimes useful.

One destroyer can take a hit that would kill a battleship. This is sometimes useful.

Battlecruisers are tougher than a battleship and have rapidfire which a battleship doesn't have.
Damn, I miss IMNVS's modding on the forums and the conversations that followed that! Forums have become kinda poor now. :P
:nono "Honour: If you need it defined, you don't have it." - Ron Swanson :nono

You are editing your own user account. Unthought changes might lock you out of your account. Please be careful!

Darthesis

Unregistered

Saturday, October 18th 2008, 9:34pm

Yes in summary, your question does not compute.

Against some targets, each of those ships are best. Any good fleeter has all a supply of all three ships and uses the ships that work for that given situation.

messier74

Unregistered

Saturday, October 18th 2008, 9:46pm

On the bottom of this page http://ogame.wikia.com/wiki/Ships are the cost efficiency calculations for every ship. Just remember that those don't take into account the rapidfire. According to the calculations on the page battleships is the most cost effective ship, but it doesn't have any rapidfire.

The best choice imo is to build a balanced fleet with every kind of ship, so that you can attack any good target you find.

Edit2: I think destroyers aren't very good until you can build like a hundred of them. Then I would build them according to the ratio that you have chosen. Also remember that dessies have one weakness that you didn't mention: high fuel consumption. When you send a lot of them it will become an important factor.

Edit3: Battlecruisers are good because of their high speed and rapidfire and low deuterium consumption. They are used many times in fleet crashs because of the rapidfire against other ships and the speed which makes it less likely that the target would come online.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "messier74" (Oct 18th 2008, 9:58pm)

MasterOfTheUniverse

Unregistered

Saturday, October 18th 2008, 10:02pm

Quoted

Originally posted by ForgiveMe
Which one is better for "power per resource" wise ?
(eg. 2 Battleship vs 1 Destroyer) ?

BS have a slightly better res/damage ratio when yu take into account the res you need to build them, but the 2 ships are used in different situations, or together.

The attack and health of the Dessie is twice the BS, but the resource is also twice, unfortunately the speed is half of that BS.

The ships all have differnet streanths/weaknesses. The BS is fairly fast but dont have any rapid fire. They are also much more prone to be destroyed in battle as BS have just over half the structual integrity and less than half the shiled streanth, so it all depends on the target you have in mind.

Destroys are slow, but have rapid fire against light lazers and are the only ship other than the death star to have rapid fire against the battle cruiser. They are also the only ship that can take a hit off a plama turret.

I get the feeling you dont understand rapid fire, so to give a quick summary: Some ships have the ability to fire multiple times on certain targets in one round. They are not gaunteed to do this, i think there is an 80% chance(but dont quote me on that.) that if the target is destoyed your ship will fire again. This clears targets much faster in a battle, meaning you win faster and take less losses.

On the other hand, any reason someone will build Battle Cruiser ?!?! rather than two mentioned above ?!
(Becoz BattleCruiser costs higher tech, but lower attack than BS)

People build BC because of the rapid fire they have against battleships (7). The BC is a fairly new ship, and until it was introduced fleets had a lot of BS in them. Becasue of that people started building the new ship (bc) quickly to make killing bs fleets easier. Also, the bc is a good ship in its own right. While it has low cargo space and is fairly expensive it has high shields and good structual integrity, it is also the only ship with rapid fire against heavy fighters, other than the death star.

If you havnt already download speedsim you can get it from here:http://www.speedsim.net/index.php

put a load of different ships in against a variety of targets and you will soon see which combinations work est for which targets.

ForgiveMe

Unregistered

Sunday, October 19th 2008, 6:13am

Quoted

Originally posted by MasterOfTheUniverse
I get the feeling you dont understand rapid fire, so to give a quick summary: Some ships have the ability to fire multiple times on certain targets in one round. They are not gaunteed to do this, i think there is an 80% chance(but dont quote me on that.) that if the target is destoyed your ship will fire again. This clears targets much faster in a battle, meaning you win faster and take less losses.

Yup, i didn't really get the meaning of the "number" behind the Rapidfire descriptions, that's why I have another post asking about rapid fire ... it's clear now

(PS : Btw, the chance is not fixed on 80%, and independent of whether the target was killed or not *me think*, quoting from other post)

In any case, :qatc: , thx everyone

mvm

Unregistered

Sunday, October 19th 2008, 2:59pm

:qatc: