You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to OGame.org. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Nunogra

Unregistered

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 5:38pm

Tips to start ogame growing fast

Your major goal in Ogame is to increase your income of resources per hour, to get more points faster and climb the ranks. For every 1000resources you use you get 1point, and for any ship or defense you get 1point for unit. But if ships or defenses get destroyed you lose the respective points.

Keep this objective always in mind.

1. At the beginning you must upgrade mines (crystal and metal) and solar plants as fast as you can.
  2. When it doesn´t seem too expensive to build a research lab and shipyard do it. See in technology icon what you need to research to get these ships: espionage probes, small and large cargos in an early stage to attack inactive players to take their resources (inactive players have a (i), 1 week away, or (I), 1 month away, next to the name). Inactives with lower rank than 600, 700, 800 have no defenses and a lot more resources there than you have, like 75k metal 45k crystal, 20k deuterium, or more. The inactives won´t attack you back, don´t worry. Send espionage probes to all inactive like 30 (more or less) systems over and above your homeplanet and make a list of them. Write name, coordinates and level of mines. I´ve made a table in excel when I did that.
  3. When you have time send spies to those planets in your list. Attack the planets which have more resources and no defenses. You can only take half the resources he has there each attack. There´s some nice add-ons for Firefox that calculates the number of cargos you need to take the maximum resources you can. To get Firefox and foxgame go to http://forums.qj.net/ogame/139590-foxgam…must-ogame.html. After that install standardogame too. These add-ons are very good and make ogame a lot more easy to play.
  4. Use the income to build more mines and cargos if needed for more raids. Increase the research levels (the most important for you is computer technology (so you can make more attacks at the same time, Espionage Technology to use less espionage probes, combustion drive (level 6)to get large cargos and, very important, impulse drive (level 3) to build a colony ship.
  5. You have to build colonies in an early stage to get more and more income. It´s very important to know what you are doing when you decide what slots to send the colony ship and if you keep the planet or not. Read the last reply I made in this topic in my alliance forum: http://babylon5.forumotion.net/qa-f7/new…ips-here-t7.htm. It explains what slots in a system you should use. The systems or galaxy to send it depends if you want to be a fleeter or a turtle in the future. .If you want to be a fleeter send to systems and galaxies away from you like one colony every 50 systems to cover a bigger area to attack. Fleeter players have big fleets and smaller mines. You use lots of deuterium as fuel for your fleet and normally have to buy it in the trade forum. It also takes lots of time from you, might be funnier but you have to be constantly attacking, sending probes everywhere, fleetsaving your fleet because stronger players love to fleetcrach to get the debris field of the destroyed fleet. If you’re fleet gets crashed you lose the points that ships value. .If you are a turtle player like it´s better to have colonies closer to your homeplanet (in a radius of 50systems) to send all resources to the planet faster. Turtle players have small or no fleets, strong mines and strong defenses. Most of their income is used for mines and defenses. In my case one time a day I send all resources from all colonies to my homeplanet and send it back to one colony with the right amount of stuff to upgrade a crystal mine, for example.
  6. In each planet upgrade mines. Get those mines equal to the mines in your homeplanet and when you finally have 8 colonies with the same mine levels as your homeplanet continue to upgrade mines in all planets equally. Always build the mine with less cost (including deuterium mines). To supply you mines use solar plants and solar satellites. My personal opinion is that you shouldn´t build fusion power because it consumes a lot of deuterium. I use deuterium to trade for metal or crystal so I can build more mines (I´m actually at 29metal /25crystal /25deuterium /25 power plant.
  7. You should build defenses as well. Your defenses should be enough that the attacker doesn´t want to attack you. Always fleetsave your resources and fleet. Never leave resouces ou fleet standing in your planet and you won´t be attacked. When you have a strong defense you can let you cargos, solar sats and daily production standing in your planet.

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Nunogra" (Aug 18th 2009, 6:04pm)

Jex Roselin

Unregistered

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 5:50pm

A rule of thumb i'd go by is, you shouldn't build battleship fleet combinations until
20/18/16 (Ace new uni crasher)
23/20/18 (very active)
25/22/20 (1 raid per day)
so you don't need the any ship techs till then, stick with lf and cargos ^^

Focus on upgrading your income, not your points
don't think in steps, think in leaps.

Assuming these tips are to new players, it is more important to play with some safety ideas (not turtling, but safely positioned colonies, moving fleet away from hot zones when people are hunting you etc_

Nunogra

Unregistered

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 6:05pm

A rule of thumb i'd go by is, you shouldn't build battleship fleet combinations until
20/18/16 (Ace new uni crasher)
23/20/18 (very active)
25/22/20 (1 raid per day)
so you don't need the any ship techs till then, stick with lf and cargos ^^

Focus on upgrading your income, not your points
don't think in steps, think in leaps.

Assuming these tips are to new players, it is more important to play with some safety ideas (not turtling, but safely positioned colonies, moving fleet away from hot zones when people are hunting you etc_
7th point

Martinco

Unregistered

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 6:15pm

Very nice guide for beginners :) , only remark i have is about the colonizing, stacking planets is bad whether you are a miner or fleeter , i'd say at least 100 ss's appart , spread trough the whole uni not just 1 or 2 galaxies :)

About the defense, don't over do it, have enough to make your solar sats and ress production unprofitable, for the time you are offline, sim the ress you produce and sats you have with some defense until you get the most effective ratio to keep raiders away

Good job on the guide again :)

Jex Roselin

Unregistered

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 6:44pm

oh tip #8

In old uni's ask for starter resources, from multiple people in different allies (don't say you've already asked others), say a day after you join so your 5 points - (it looks like your trying)
also, go straight for cargo ships (ignore espionage and ask others to spy for you :) )

globaldu

Unregistered

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 9:01pm

Great post, thanks Nunogra.

Regarding the amount of cargos required to farm an inactive, rather than mess around with tools and formulas, it's quicker to think for each 50,000 res you'll need 10 SC or 2 LC... 100,000 res = 20 SC, 4 LC.

Just add up all the res on the planet then half it... 50% is the amount of res you'll capture... then round the number up to the nearest 50K, or 100K if you have enough cargos to send a few extra.

So... if a planet has 200K metal, 150K crystal, 75K deut... that's 425K total... half that is 212.5K.... round it up to 250K, so you'll need 50 SC or 10LC

750K metal, 500K crystal, 333K deut... 1583 total ... half that is 791.K ... round it up to 800K, so you'll need 160SC or 32LC

If i have enough cargos i'll round up to the nearest 100K (it's easier on my brain) and just send 40 SC for every 100K of res available.

globaldu

Unregistered

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 11:15pm

I knew i'd screw that up.... last line should be *20 SC per 100K of available res :)

Cuddly Bear

There're many behind me...but still some ahead

Date of registration: Sep 28th 2005

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 11:35pm

Regarding the amount of cargos required to farm an inactive, rather than mess around with tools and formulas, it's quicker to think for each 50,000 res you'll need 10 SC or 2 LC... 100,000 res = 20 SC, 4 LC.

Just add up all the res on the planet then half it... 50% is the amount of res you'll capture... then round the number up to the nearest 50K, or 100K if you have enough cargos to send a few extra.

So... if a planet has 200K metal, 150K crystal, 75K deut... that's 425K total... half that is 212.5K.... round it up to 250K, so you'll need 50 SC or 10LC

750K metal, 500K crystal, 333K deut... 1583 total ... half that is 791.K ... round it up to 800K, so you'll need 160SC or 32LC

If i have enough cargos i'll round up to the nearest 100K (it's easier on my brain) and just send 40 SC for every 100K of res available.

Thats not how the plunder formula works. by sending that number of cargos, you'll be missing out on res. For instance, in that last example, you would need 35lc to get all the res, not the 32 you suggested. Always either go by neogame, or speedsim

Quoted from "'IMNVS"

remember this is not a democracy

Quoted from "Son Goku"

there will be no vote

globaldu

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 19th 2009, 12:08am

Apologies, i didn't know that.

However, rounding up to the nearest 100K is usually sufficient, and a lot faster when you're sending 10 attacks every 90 minutes... if you're planning a big hit then i totally agree you should use all available tools to time it correctly and ensure you get maximum profit.

Nunogra

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 19th 2009, 3:41pm

It´s much more easy to have add-ons that calculates the number or resources and shows that number where you can click and send the right number of cargos without having to write in keyboard.