You are not logged in.

Cepheidius

Unregistered

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 2:16pm

Questions about a Young Universe

I started recently in the new universe Leo (joined the first hour). Right now I'm going steady and my Fleet is growing fast, 8 SC as of now, almost rank200 of Fleets. I have some questions about a young universe:

- When do the inactives start appearing?

- So about 5-10 cargos and then develop spies is good?

- At what point should one start investing in mines again?

enifield1

I'm one of the big boys now :D

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 2:24pm

Hey, I play there to

IMHO it depends on ya surrondings, for me SC is useless because im in lower G1 with all the early starters and its killing my ability to raid res so mines have a higher return

However friends of mine in higher G2-3 are raiding 5k every 4 hours. However currently my mines make more than that. So its a case of MB vs MC

If you MB per hour of mining is greater than the MB of fleeting, then mine but if not then fleet. Remember that fleeting has a diminishing marginal benefit
Single HOF: 50
ACS HOF: 9
ACS Adv HOF:4
Solo Adv: 3

GeneralK

Skorge's brother

Date of registration: Dec 28th 2009

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 3:53pm

there is this link that could help you to :)

Sig by Skorge

Contact me for sigs :)

AGFS

There're many behind me...but still some ahead

Date of registration: Aug 3rd 2007

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 4:17pm

actually that link cant help alot now,since we now have astro and u cant colonize so many planet's in such a short time ;) soo...

GeneralK

Skorge's brother

Date of registration: Dec 28th 2009

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 7:20pm

Well yeah maybe but i think the strategy about small cargoes and all is helpful :) He must help in a way or two it helped me at least

Sig by Skorge

Contact me for sigs :)

Shroom

Unregistered

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 8:13pm

hmm not smart, most people have defence now so youll need lfs. Id say getting 5-6 fleetslots, 5 scs and 10-15 lf should do it at first and after that you should push for impulse drive.

khaos

Goonswarm FC

Date of registration: Feb 24th 2006

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 9:40pm

get your 2 rls from the tutorial this will disuade anyone with less than 4 / 5 lfs from attacking you for the time being then work on your LFs

it totally depends what you need there is no point having that many cargos if you are not filling them duriong your raids
khaos - Here to help
Ex-GNN Reporter for Universe 1
My S-MOD is Goodriddance

*imagines khaos sitting on Leif's lap, dressed in a cat-costume*
wait.....what ?( 8o

Cepheidius

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 12:48am

Good answers are floating in...

Ok, quick now please. I need to know the exact moment at which the inactives start appearing in Leo.

Dark Depresion

Living in the darkness

Date of registration: Jan 6th 2009

Occupation: Student at the Royal School of Library and information Science

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 12:55am

Ok, quick now please. I need to know the exact moment at which the inactives start appearing in Leo.

At 01:15 7 days after the universe started.

20.856.097 (Plass 3 av 289) - Indestructible 19.082.161 (91.4 %) - Gave it away
29.351.175 (Miejsce 12 z 1.861) - Indestructible 27.170.089 (92.5 %)
73.697.248 (Placering 4 af 910) - MP destroyed #2
Authority and rules are created to be opposed :D

Cepheidius

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 2:34pm

At 01:15 7 days after the universe started.
The universe started Thursday afternoon. So that would be early friday morning then?

anonymous1

*is cuddly*

Date of registration: Jun 20th 2011

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 5:45pm

Correct, however you will have to adjust for server time differences. :)
So I'm back to being a koala.

Can you help me out here?

Cepheidius

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 11:19pm

Correct, however you will have to adjust for server time differences. :)
Thanx for that answer. (funny thing though, I was scanning systems to fleetsave a few minutes ago, and I found one inactive...weird) :) Mmm that leads me to this question btw, is there any way I can set the time settings to my own time-zone? It's pretty anoying when you fleetsave wrong because of the hour-difference...

Going strong now, top100 of Fleets waiting with my cargos for the inactives to appear. I calculated some stuff though, and I gotta say this game is pretty balanced, mines/fleetslots/raids-wise etc. This game is thought out supremely good! So I calculated what return mines would give me.

At this point extra cargos (11 now) would make no extra profit for me because most farms are raided pretty dry, it's waiting for the inactives. Mines are pretty good though, I calculated that metal 9 would start making profit after 18 hours excluding energy, with that would be like 24 hours. So that's actually pretty good, considering an extra ship at this point would take a few days to pay off. Only thing that bugs me is that I'm not sure what's going to happen when the inactives start appearing.

KlaatuOne

I'm one of the big boys now :D

Date of registration: Apr 28th 2008

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 12:18am

Quoted

When do the inactives start appearing?

One thing you can also look for when you probe someone hopefully close by and you can tell their mines stopped producing storages are full. Most of the time this is telling you they will be going ( i ) pretty soon