You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to OGame.org. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

commando136

There're many behind me...but still some ahead

• "commando136" started this thread

Date of registration: Jan 20th 2008

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 7:39pm

Emperor, Bandit Lord, Star Lord ect? What do they mean?

I played the test uni, but never bothered finding out what they mean, can anyone answer or point me to the right thread?
I think there are 6 total, but i was wondering what effect they have

Edit: found some info, (not on this board though >_>), but still wondering if they have any perk other than title

http://board.origin.ogame.de/board3-news…ction-tutorial/

Quoted

The honour points are listed as part of the military - ranking. Inactive players are hidden from this ranking. Here you can gain the following titles:

Top 10 of the honor points table (at least 15,000 EP): Grand Emperor
Top 100 of the honor points table (at least 2500 EP): Emperor
Top 250 of the honor points table (at least 500 EP): Star Lord
Low 250 of the honor points table (at least -500 EP): Bandit
Low 100 of the honor points table (at least -2500 EP): Bandit Lord
Low 10 of the honor points table (at least -15 000 EP): Bandit King

Those titles are shown as an icon in the ranking and the galaxy view.
~Lonestar~
Jupiter-HOFs 348
HOFs 400
Top Tens: 3
New No.1's: 2

Quotes
Tigris: ya but the russians are week
Tigris: us for on defend they cannot beat

LimeCat: dude, he's a scotsman
LimeCat: tell him to watch braveheart and grow a pair
LimeCat: he's an embarresment to my clan
-------------
Random: i need moons!
Random: to create shade
Random: for my :censored: super turtle

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "commando136" (Dec 13th 2011, 7:47pm)

SaD-Gambit

Unregistered

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 8:03pm

From what i've seen so far, there "will be" perks for those with the good titles, and those in the bad titles get the bad perks, ie always an honourable fight etc, no fleet escape, etc etc.

commando136

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 8:07pm

From what i've seen so far, there "will be" perks for those with the good titles, and those in the bad titles get the bad perks, ie always an honourable fight etc, no fleet escape, etc etc.

You say will be, are there none right now? I thought bandits could lose like 75% or 100% of their res when they are hit, which would be a "negative" perk.
~Lonestar~
Jupiter-HOFs 348
HOFs 400

Quotes

-------------

MyH4o

Unregistered

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 8:17pm

Honorables farm 75% of the resources. Emperor or above needed I think.
Fights with bandits are always honorable, i.e. their fleet can't flee.
Also they get farmed for 100% of the resources( no idea how and when does it work though)
And more stupid perks are in development.
Cheers, honor system rullezzzzz. (Sarcasm...)

commando136

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 8:20pm

Honorables farm 75% of the resources. Emperor or above needed I think.
Fights with bandits are always honorable, i.e. their fleet can't flee.
Also they get farmed for 100% of the resources( no idea how and when does it work though)
And more stupid perks are in development.
Cheers, honor system rullezzzzz. (Sarcasm...)

Thanks MyH4o, helped a little bit at least. Basically i'm sitting here debating on whether or not to crack this turtle for -150k profit before deut, just for honor points >_> *sigh*

If anyone knows anything more, that would be awesome
~Lonestar~
Jupiter-HOFs 348
HOFs 400

Quotes

-------------

anonymous1

*is cuddly*

Date of registration: Jun 20th 2011

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 8:47pm

EDIT:sorry,, wrong place.
So I'm back to being a koala.

Can you help me out here?

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 9:02pm

indeed

Metal: 2.265.541 Crystal: 563.990
Deuterium: 490.441

Loot: 1.751.414 Metal, 436.002 Crystal and 379.144 Deuterium.

raiding around 75% there i guess... cba working out numbers.. also hit was like 20 mins later so had + some more

probe after hit there now (50 min later)

Metal: 596.181 Crystal: 148.440
Deuterium: 132.923 Energy: 2.690

so i guess its 75% take. was an honourable combat, and im grand emperor

Murkler

I'm one of the big boys now :D

Date of registration: Sep 19th 2007

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 12:13am

defense bashing pays

some of this redesign is mad...
...if I attack someone who is higher ranked or similarly ranked for no resources, just defense bashing, I can get honour points and work my way out of my bandit status..
..so the game encourages defense bashing for no profit, which is something I previously avoided and wouldn't have done -- I would have regarded it as 'dishonourable'

Previously, if a guy sends me an 'online' messsage, I would recall, but now it is in my interest to go ahead with attack -- this system encourages defense bashing!

IMNVS

say it out loud speak the truth

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 12:38am

...except that you can only defence bash people that can fight back, ninja your fleet and leave you crying.
:huh: /do͞oSH/ :huh:
1. (n) shower
2. (v) take a shower

:nono "Honour: If you need it defined, you don't have it." - Ron Swanson :nono

civil - adj - courteous and polite
insult - verb - speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse
source: google.com

Lex

Call me regular :D

Date of registration: Jul 27th 2011

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 6:09pm

...except that you can only defence bash people that can fight back, ninja your fleet and leave you crying.

Hows that? Does it only count if their military point are high than your own??

and i have asked this before but, Do IPMs count as "honourable" points?? keeping getting told to "experiment" but not prepared to take loss over an experiment. The tutourial is a bit vague.

Dark Depresion

Living in the darkness

Date of registration: Jan 6th 2009

Occupation: Student at the Royal School of Library and information Science

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 6:13pm

and i have asked this before but, Do IPMs count as "honourable" points?? keeping getting told to "experiment" but not prepared to take loss over an experiment. The tutourial is a bit vague.

I just experimented *Hint, hint*, and I turns out if the target is honourable you'll gain HP, but if dishonourable, you'll lose HP.

20.856.097 (Plass 3 av 289) - Indestructible 19.082.161 (91.4 %) - Gave it away
29.351.175 (Miejsce 12 z 1.861) - Indestructible 27.170.089 (92.5 %)
73.697.248 (Placering 4 af 910) - MP destroyed #2
Authority and rules are created to be opposed :D

Lex

Call me regular :D

Date of registration: Jul 27th 2011

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 10:06pm

Sorry i meant experiment in attack higher ranke players not IPMs. Cheers for Experitmentation tho :hail:

The cost the IPMs i assume all count as a loss to the launcher yea? So would need to create more damge than the cost of missiles before honour system comes into play?

Edit - Dont worry about IPM question just tryin to get ALL the info on such an adjustment to game play from an update so forgive me for some of the newby questions.

The Point requirements for "Bandit" "Star Lord" and all that do they have the same percentage of loot perk? Or does a starlord have a lower percentage perk that the emperor? It only says what points give you what particular name in the tutorial.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lex" (Dec 14th 2011, 10:21pm)

mehammered

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 12:50am

so being a bandit has no upside at all? this is going to suck.
Sometimes making a stand! is better than Winning a battle

Pyroclastica

Date of registration: Jan 12th 2008

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 1:48am

This is the point. The encouragement is to attack people at your level - and by level it means by military rank, not overall rank. Everyone above you and 100 ranks below you in military rank are hp. You stand to profit more from attacking at your level. Yes, it also encourages people to defense bash people at your military rank level in order to "get out of bandit" status. In that way it also helps to limit defenses. Now I would bet that if you get the choice, you'll "defense bash" an hp target where you can profit, not an unprofitable target. The game is still about profit, but there are new considerations on where to maximize it. Attacking hp players entails more risk and I am sure some fleeters who rely on farming little accounts will suffer. The more aggressive and bold fleeters I'd expect to use this system to their advantage.

There is nothing to gain from being a bandit. This is all to help 'fix' the problem (which top fleeters never see as a problem) of people ranked in the top 50 with fleet farming people with 1/10th or 1/100th the fleet score. NO, it won't stop it. You have to look at the big picture of thousands of players and thousands of attacks. If it goes as planned, there should be, on average, a shift in attacks toward your military near-peers. Players along the range of ranks will have more of a fighting chance. And perhaps people will play a uni longer. ....or none of this will happen. :)

Currently there is no benefit from being a Lord other than bragging rights. Maybe that will change in the future. The beauty of this system is that now it can be easily tweaked as needed. Lords could be given temporary or long term benefits. Free merchant, free dark matter, attack bonus, anything at all.

SUX2BU[FUSION] -vs- Morijarti[SFRJ] ~(TD: 51,78 M)
SUX2BU[FUSION] -vs- Morijarti[SFRJ] ~(TD: 47,10 M)
SUX2BU[FUSION] -vs- ReinForce[FRIDAY] ~(TD: 39,99 M)
SUX2BU[FUSION] -vs- robson[] ~(TD: 25,67 M)
SUX2BU[FUSION] -vs- remmick[BAKED] ~(TD: 21,85 M)

XLpenetration

Unregistered

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 2:16am

so being a bandit has no upside at all? this is going to suck.
There are symbols for at least the highest ranks that I have seen. But I agree with you, and really wouldn't count that as an upside. Check the pic
XLpenetration has attached the following image:
  • Untitled.jpg

brain rot

looking for my marbles

Date of registration: Jan 25th 2010

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 2:24am

the only perk to being a bandit is the 50% debrie so if you as a bandit get the debrie you get more of your ships back in the debrie field . and if a targets fleet escapes it still counts towards the bashing rules unless the bashing rules have been removed.
No i am not really here i am just a figment of my imagination. , . uni 44-RPS . Quantum - NCVeng

Shatteredxo

Unregistered

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 3:30am

What do the titles do for a player in game, Bandit, bandit Lord, Star Lord, ect.
1)I know bandits can lose more res if they are raided, is there a difference to the % between Bandit, and Bandit Lord? Got answer for this, 100% res can be taken with first hit. No difference it seems.
2)What does the honorable title's do for the player, if anything?
Any, answers on this, as it has already been posted here that Honorable players DO get perks, and also stated that they DON'T?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Shatteredxo" (Dec 15th 2011, 3:59am)

Kebab

omnomnom

Date of registration: May 25th 2008

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 12:36pm

The honour titles are shown in galaxy view and statistics for a player, and relate to how many honour points they have.

Currently the only titles that have any (dis)advantages are bandits who can be raided for 100% resources.

There are plans to add others in the future though.

for example: it is planned that attacks against bandits will give 50% fleet to df, whilst other attacks stay with 30% fleet to df.
The debris field rate HASN'T been altered yet!

ty Ath <3

Former: GO, Mod/SGO @ .org| Mod, GO/SGO/GA @ .us | OGame Tech | Origin Admin

Murkler

Date of registration: Sep 19th 2007

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 1:48pm

I disperse my fleet over several planets, so no where do I have enough ships to win an 'honourable fight' -- so guess I am destined to be a bandit.
Mainly, I think I am being penalised for watching the statistics and using them to my advantage. One of the things I try to do is to try and spot 'soon to be idles'.. people who aren't active, but who haven't been idle long enough for an (i) to appear beside their planet in galaxy view. It was a good tactic, but now I am penalised. At the moment, for example, I am (once a day) attacking the four planets a player who has been idle for more than five days -- each time I attack him it is at least -100 honour points, so that is -400 points a day. In a few days time he will be officially idle, and there will be no minus honour points, but once that (i) goes up, every dog in the street will be raiding him... ..it's a system that penalises intelligent play.

I think the 100% raidable resources punishment for being a bandit is a bit strong -- 95% would have been fairer. Now if one of my planets gets hit and I come online five minutes after the hit, I have no chance of starting to build reces and recover some of the debris... ho-hum.

One of my concerns is that the new system encourages defense bashing -- previously, if I had got an 'online' message from a target, I would have recalled the attack. Now it is in my interest, in an 'honourable' combat, to attack a player and smash their defense, even if I gain zero resources as a result.

Christmas break coming up, so widespread v-mode is imminent. We'll see whether many bandits come back in the new year.

MrPistol

Date of registration: Nov 14th 2006

Sunday, March 25th 2012, 5:43am

ok so if i understand correctly when exchanging moonshots it is in your advantage to be a bandit?