You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to OGame.org. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Clucker999

Unregistered

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 1:15pm

How to score honour points.

Considering I have read the version 3.0 4 times now and still don't really understand it can someone help me.

I player as a miner/mini turtle with only large cargos as fleet. People are beginning to look at me more since the update as they can score honour points from smashing my defence correct ?

But I need to know how to counter this, I have 0 honour points and I'm guessing from what I read I need together honour points to stop the 100% resource capture from my planets thus making me unprofitable ? But I can only see that you can gain honour points from crashing turtles or bandits. What happens if I don't have a fleet to crash with ? And will take me a week to build a sized fleet to crash a defines with ?

Any help will be good.

BrownCoat

Feared enemy...for some few :p

Date of registration: Mar 21st 2011

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 1:37pm

From what I've seen your best bet is to IPM planets that don't have ABM's. Or like I had done to me, find a couple moons (of players with (hp) in galaxy screen) with very little defense and send in some LF's to do some damage. You probably wont get res, but will get honor points.
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion,
It's by the the beans of Java that the thoughts acquire speed,
The teeth acquire stains,
The shaking hands act as a warning.
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Clucker999

Unregistered

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 1:42pm

Ok cheers mate ipming people who are bigger then me or any people ?

Dark Depresion

Living in the darkness

Date of registration: Jan 6th 2009

Occupation: Student at the Royal School of Library and information Science

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 4:13pm

Ok cheers mate ipming people who are bigger then me or any people ?

Honourable people (those with hp in galaxy view)

20.856.097 (Plass 3 av 289) - Indestructible 19.082.161 (91.4 %) - Gave it away
29.351.175 (Miejsce 12 z 1.861) - Indestructible 27.170.089 (92.5 %)
73.697.248 (Placering 4 af 910) - MP destroyed #2
Authority and rules are created to be opposed :D

Pyroclastica

There're many behind me...but still some ahead

Date of registration: Jan 12th 2008

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 5:26pm

You should gain honor points if someone attacks your turtle and takes damage. In a battle, honor points are calculated for both sides. Obviously, you wouldn't get negative honor points for someone attacking you, just positive ones. If you are a friendly miner and never attack anyone, then you should never have negative honor points.

If you have zero honor points, people can't attack you for 100% loot. That is only bandits. For (hp) players, it is somewhere in between. The same rules apply. Don't make yourself profitable. Only idiots would attack you for losses to gain honor points when they could attack someone else for profit to gain honor points.

Your defenses might make you hp to players above your overall rank though because hp targets are above your military rank and 100 ranks below.

SUX2BU[FUSION] -vs- Morijarti[SFRJ] ~(TD: 51,78 M)
SUX2BU[FUSION] -vs- Morijarti[SFRJ] ~(TD: 47,10 M)
SUX2BU[FUSION] -vs- ReinForce[FRIDAY] ~(TD: 39,99 M)
SUX2BU[FUSION] -vs- robson[] ~(TD: 25,67 M)
SUX2BU[FUSION] -vs- remmick[BAKED] ~(TD: 21,85 M)

S1mplicity

Unregistered

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 5:27pm

Just nuke them it works a treat to get your status clean again, then attack and farm them to death as the game is now designed to be played.

Then your honour will be high enough to be able to attack noob fleets and farm them to death.

That is of course is if you beleive in this very flawed seriously and badly scewed honour system that allows me to nuke a player 200 places below me and farm them to death and it's honourable and yet I cannot honourably attack 10% of the top 100 when I am ranked 373.

What a poor system but hey "it'll keep people in the game" not.......... :missilelauncher:

Pyroclastica

Date of registration: Jan 12th 2008

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 5:33pm

If that is your strategy Simplicity, then you've got it wrong. You won't gain much.

So you love turtles and defenses now it seems. Everyone suddenly turtle lovers.

If someone is 200 overall ranks below you but is hp to you, then he has a lot of defenses that increase his military rank to put him at your military peer. If you want to waste resources and time nuking and attcking for no profit just because they are hp, then you can do that, but it is a waste of your effort when you could attack profitable targets who are hp. If you cannot attack top 100 players it is because the fight is unfair - your military rank is way above theirs. Plus in the course of nuking and farming this poor turtle below you, his military rank will decrease and eventually he may no longer be hp to you.

SUX2BU[FUSION] -vs- Morijarti[SFRJ] ~(TD: 51,78 M)
SUX2BU[FUSION] -vs- Morijarti[SFRJ] ~(TD: 47,10 M)
SUX2BU[FUSION] -vs- ReinForce[FRIDAY] ~(TD: 39,99 M)
SUX2BU[FUSION] -vs- robson[] ~(TD: 25,67 M)
SUX2BU[FUSION] -vs- remmick[BAKED] ~(TD: 21,85 M)

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 7:39pm

if you only have defences, you wont have a high military score. check it. only people who are within 100 ranks higher than you on that can hit your defences for honour.

the extra probing is just peoples increased activity since this new system, wanting to get high on the most damage done etc list...

if you are as you once were there are no issues.

miners who arent turtled arent under much threat of being bashed in my opinion.
not once people realise the system.

brain rot

looking for my marbles

Date of registration: Jan 25th 2010

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 8:02pm

dont buy that yellow hp stuff its a lie this guy was listed in yellow and this was my result, buy attacking an honorable target that HAD THE HP BUY HIS NAME and his military strength is equal to mine Brainrot from Evil Intentions ]

Dishonourable fight (-3.271) vsGeneral-kkk from Colony []

Honourable fight (-)

Ships/Defence: 2.453 Ships/Defence: 6.862
Lost units: 20.000 Lost units: 18.107.500
Weapons: 1% Weapons: %
Shields: 1 Shields:
Armour: Armour: %
Tactical retreat 1 : 1.390.03
The defending fleet did not flee.
(Please note that Deathstars, Espionage Probes, Solar Satellites and any fleet on a ACS Defence mission cannot flee. Tactical retreats are also deactivated in honourable battles. A retreat may also have been manually deactivated or prevented by a lack of deuterium. Bandits and players with more than 50.000 points never retreat.)
Winner: Brainrot
No i am not really here i am just a figment of my imagination. , . uni 44-RPS . Quantum - NCVeng

khaos

Goonswarm FC

Date of registration: Feb 24th 2006

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 8:17pm

Please be patient we are trying to get the finer details about how the honour system works i believe you have to do damage within a set of boundaries in order to gain HP if you do too little or too much you dont appear to gain anything
khaos - Here to help
Ex-GNN Reporter for Universe 1
My S-MOD is Goodriddance

*imagines khaos sitting on Leif's lap, dressed in a cat-costume*
wait.....what ?( 8o

brain rot

looking for my marbles

Date of registration: Jan 25th 2010

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 9:31pm

Thank you Khaos from what i understood for a hit to be honorable if both players have equal military strengths the attacker has to lose 1/3 or 1/2 of his attack fleet for it to be honorable with the current honor point settings i have been reading it so i still dont get most of it more so with the demo graph thats a big circle that is basicly giberish to me the way it is done /------------------------------------- this is more along the lines of what i under stood of it ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/Player 1 has a M.S. of 21.000.000, and player2 has a military strength (m.s.) of 20.000.000) -------------------------------------------------so player 1) needs to send 4000 ships to carry out an honorable attack .as a basic honor hit .// ------------------- if player 1 sends 12,000 ships and player 2 . kills 250 of the ships that player 1 sent the hit is dis honorable.---------------------------------------- BUT if player 2 kills 5000 to 7500 ships that player 1 sent then the hit is honorable /
No i am not really here i am just a figment of my imagination. , . uni 44-RPS . Quantum - NCVeng

bigd51

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 9:56pm

I posted the following in the wrong section so I'm reposting it here .

I'm pretty much confused about these honor points, I made 2 attacks today on 2 different planets of the same player. Both hits were for profit.
Neither planet had any fleet only S/S but both had defenses.

My military ranking is #5 with 5.5kk points
The target's military ranking is # 26 with 2.6kk points and had ( hp ) in galaxy view

My first attack I lost nil fleet and gained, Loot: 2.124.963 Metal, 56.137 Crystal and 513.316 Deuterium. I also gained Dishonourable fight (-1.795)
The defender lost units: 10.116.000

My second attack I lost 4 L/C (Lost units: 48.000) and gained, Loot: 1.767.834 Metal, 250.140 Crystal and 414.189 Deuterium. I also gained Honourable fight (+1.080)
The defender Lost units: 5.521.000

As I hope you can see, I made 2 similar attacks on the same player at different planets, I got negative honor points on one and positive on the other.
Can someone please explain how this can occur.?

FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE BUT DISASTER COURTS THE FOOL

S1mplicity

Unregistered

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 11:34pm

So far from my trial and error attacks if I attack a player marked with (hp) I get honour points in proportion to the TD

This has been the case on every attack so far, I also get 75% of res on planet.

If I attack a non (hp) player (this being the vast majority) then I loose hp only get 25% of res on planet and become some kind of bandit, at which point if I am attacked and they win they take 100% res and 40% debris (still need to prove this out yet) so this is not very good as you become a big target, so a little no or low profit bashing of (hp) player soon brings you back again and helps to keep you unprofitable for the profit driven players.

BTW Pyro it is profitable if you take the strategy as a whole not that being profitable matters too much, but to say someone elses strategy is wrong is a cheek, you have no idea what my stategy is, why I play and what drives me.
Its a game its supposed to be fun, everybody determines fun differently, you play to your strategy I'll play to mine, and trying to find a profitable (hp) player is much easier said than done.

GF changes game I change how I play that is the correct strategy learn a new one when the rules change.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "S1mplicity" (Dec 16th 2011, 12:06am)