You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to OGame.org. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Requiem

Unregistered

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 3:55am

Defender needs to learn to FS. What a noob. Nobody told him there's a war?

Congrats, attacker. :)

Epiphany

Catalina Wine Mixer...

Date of registration: Sep 27th 2006

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 4:13am

My question is, how do you get away with having that name in-game? Immature and in horribly bad taste.

Fast rebuild Tancred, it's nothing but a mosquito bite.
(49)We should have a standing army, because then we will save money on chairs...

Thanks Skorge for the signature!
Moderator - Nekkar / Orion

Shalaf1

I'm one of the big boys now :D

Date of registration: Jul 26th 2007

Saturday, April 28th 2012, 3:42pm

Tanis, being serious for a moment. How about opening up a grammar book and learning how to create paragraphs. Not only is what you are attempting to write impossible to read, but it is giving those of us who lived in Iowa a very bad name. That is all.

This is a good war hit. Wars are not about profitability. Wars are about doing damage and Tanis accomplishes that with this hit. Good war hit.

@Squall:
"Squall, being serious for the moment, before you proceed down the path of the grammar police please notice that the first sentence you typed is not a complete sentence.

"Tanis, being serious for a moment."

Hello pot, you are black.

Dahnhilla

Me? Addicted?

Date of registration: Dec 14th 2005

Saturday, April 28th 2012, 5:45pm

Tanis, being serious for a moment. How about opening up a grammar book and learning how to create paragraphs. Not only is what you are attempting to write impossible to read, but it is giving those of us who lived in Iowa a very bad name. That is all.

This is a good war hit. Wars are not about profitability. Wars are about doing damage and Tanis accomplishes that with this hit. Good war hit.

@Squall:
"Squall, being serious for the moment, before you proceed down the path of the grammar police please notice that the first sentence you typed is not a complete sentence.

I wouldn't normally get involved in a discussion on grammar on the internet but in this case I feel compelled to do so.

An at symbol isn't correct grammar in this context, nor is your use of quotation marks. Your sentence should also read "please note that..."
Your first sentence is far too fragmented and needs to be adjusted to improve flow. Remember, you're writing prose, not a list. Furthermore, Squall was commenting on Tanis' paragraphing, not his overall grammar.
I'll give you an A for effort, a B- for execution and an A* for making a fool of yourself.

This is a lame hit but I suppose it made a point, I'm just not sure what the point is. Of course that's all irrelevant now, good riddance to bad rubbish.
Goodbye ogame
Uni22:
150 Basic (142 Solo, 8 ACS) +58 Advanced (56 Solo, 2 ACS) +13 New Top 10s (12 Solo, 1 ACS) + 4 New Number Ones (2 Solo, 2 ACS)
Total: 226 (213 Solo, 13 ACS)

Uni44:
4 Basic (4 Solo)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dahnhilla" (Apr 28th 2012, 5:53pm)

Shalaf1

I'm one of the big boys now :D

Date of registration: Jul 26th 2007

Saturday, April 28th 2012, 7:37pm

@Squall:

I wouldn't normally get involved in a discussion on grammar on the internet but in this case I feel compelled to do so.

An at symbol isn't correct grammar in this context, nor is your use of quotation marks. Your sentence should also read "please note that..."
Your first sentence is far too fragmented and needs to be adjusted to improve flow. Remember, you're writing prose, not a list. Furthermore, Squall was commenting on Tanis' paragraphing, not his overall grammar.
I'll give you an A for effort, a B- for execution and an A* for making a fool of yourself.

This is a lame hit but I suppose it made a point, I'm just not sure what the point is. Of course that's all irrelevant now, good riddance to bad rubbish.

Nice edit.
Everything I posted is grammatically correct with the exception of misplaced quotation marks. You may suggest that I use a statement such as "please note that", but it would only be a suggestion based on your opinion. Also you are entitled to your opinion that one of my statements was written "far too fragmented" but in actuality it is also grammatically correct. That being said, you are free to suggest that I use a more preferable sentence structure, but that is all that it would be, a suggestion.
I use short, precise statements so people like you do not get confused. You call them fragmented. You should thank me, not try to correct me.

I will not be opening this thread again, feel free to get the last word in here, but know that it will be a waste of effort.

I stand by my opinion that this is an excellent war hit. Doing damage is what wars are all about.