Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 36.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• wait, what? pls, make a HOF with defence attack...just do it! we need that for future purposes!

• Discussion on Merge

Mislav - - General

Quote from A r e s: “Or simply implement Computer AI players throughout the universes to increase raiding potential, hits, hofs, etc. This could add a whole new area the games never seen before and keep all of us busy when we are to busy to get the pen and paper out. ” Nah, I suggested that idea more than a year ago and it was buried in the next few days. Almost 0 interest and those interested were just simply against it. Anyhow, here it is: Bot players? and for me it still has some of the great…

• New universe vote and discussion

Mislav - - General

Quote from ENFORCER: “ if your going to keep opening unis i wish you'd do something different and before people start and extra x1 on economy isnt different. Something along the lines of x10 eco and x3 / 5 would be incredible and would attract alot of players. ” The problem with opening faster speed unis is you set up a standard. Biggest DM spenders obviously like speed unis, hence we got lots of them. Also, people love speed unis and more speed the better (faster growth, easier astro, etc.). On…

Mislav - - General

They want to encourage us to spend some money and it is fine by me. Yeah, some players abuse it, but majority just use officers and instant astro and maybe some 10% boosters. I would really like to see some statistics behind this, something with categories like 0DM; 0-100kDM; 100-250kDM; 250-500kDM; 500k-1kkDM; 1kk+DM I would say that distribution is normal (Gaussian bell curve) for the percentage, but it would also be interesting to see the amount spent by groups or something like how many play…

Mislav - - General

Ok, I can see lots of angry players here. First of all, and this is true, GF wants money. That is a fact. And the way they get money is via DM. That is also a fact. You see, problem is they want to optimise amount of money they get and the only goal for them is: "the more the merrier". So how do they achieve this? - it is easy: with a little help called statistics. They just look at distribution of you all (me included) buying DM over time and one little thing comes up pretty often. And the thin…

• Moon destruction system

Mislav - - Game Help

Quote from Nebula Apocalypse: “How many times have you flipped a coin and got heads 4 times in a row? Same as not losing a Death Star 4 times in a row =D ” Yeah, that is a good comparison. Only thing to understand with probabilities like this is you can multiply probabilities only when events are separated. That is why I did that thing PROB(A) = 1 - PROB(NOT A). For example, PROB(NO DS LOSSES) = PROB(NO DS LOSSES IN 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th try) = product of PROB.

• Moon destruction system

Mislav - - Game Help

Ok, Math Master Race here. Lets say that probability (PROB) of RIP destroyed is 46% (0.46) and MD 11% (0.11). So, PROB(RIP down) = 0.46 and PROB(MD) = 0.11 in only one attempt. Lets say they did 4 tries. We have the following PROB(RIP down at least once) = 1 - PROB(RIP never down) = 1 - (1 - 0.46)^4 = 0.91496944 PROB(MD at least once) = 1 - PROB(MD never happened) = 1 - (1 - 0.11)^4 = 0.37257759 For 3 tries we have PROB(RIP down at least once) = 1 - PROB(RIP never down) = 1 - (1 - 0.46)^3 = 0.84…

• Nice new no1. Nobody expected this to be so quick, but here we are. Enjoy your spoils and rebuild all.

• Is this illegal?

Mislav - - Game Help

Haha, nice idea. I am an actuary and this is not going to end well. Not sure how exactly would that work, but you need a fair way to calculate premiums and reserves. Also, you need a way to guarantee pay up. One question though: wouldn't bounty go to attacker in that case?

• Discussion: what's the surprise uni?

Mislav - - General

Quote from Ikinboy: “7 hours 30 mins to go I hope there is a public post in the News section about this before it opens for more people to see and join :D” Maybe they just don't want players to know about it, cause frankly lots of people don't. I am not a hater, don't get me wrong, but that is just what I think. If this fails now, it will be the last retro try ever. But should it succeed, that would mean that they failed with new servers and like everything. They gave us this first look and tast…

Mislav - - General

Quote from Ikinboy: “Login page: (Hidden Content)” TY very much, solved by this EZ.

Mislav - - General

I got disconnected from the internet and I can't login again. ogame1304.de/game/ - empty And log in link redirects me to "SOON" page. I know I should turn off IP check, but I can't get into the game ATM.

• DM event

Mislav - - Game Help

Well, I have PayPal but it is connected to my Visa card. My default card don't have Visa option so I use one for internet shopping and another for personal everyday use. I didn't have enough money on my Visa card and money will be transferred tomorrow morning. Two day event Sunday-Monday would be perfect for everyone. I would even be happy with Sunday (0am) - Monday (12am).

• DM event

Mislav - - Game Help

We don't understand each other. I saw announcement 10 minutes after they submitted it. Problem is, it is weekend and my bank don't work over the weekend (at least that part of the bank that transfer my money). So, to conclude: i) if I transfer money Monday-Thursday it is there the day after ii) if I transfer money Friday-Sunday it is there on Monday, hence weekend events are either no good for me, or I need to transfer money on blind and hope for the event.

• DM event

Mislav - - Game Help

I am not asking that they tell us 10 days before. As far as I am concerned they can tell us ONE day before (or even that day in the morning), just not over the weekend. If they tell me on Monday morning and I transfer money right away, it will be there that same day afternoon. But every transaction needs approval and approvals are not made over the weekend.

• DM event

Mislav - - Game Help

Hello, little reminder that you just lost 100 euros from me. Oh, and 4 times that from my four friends. Keep it up, GF. This is great See you next DM event. 500 euros is waiting...

• DM event

Mislav - - Game Help

Hello fellow Ogamers. I have one little tip for events. Please don't make DM event on Sunday. Lots of us have separate accounts for online shopping and we don't always have money ready on it, but have to transfer it from another account. If you tell me about event over the weekend, bank won't transfer money till Monday. You can do it on Sunday, but tell us on Thursday.