Moon Landing was it a giant skam?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Moon Landing was it a giant skam?

as u can tell this thread is all about the moon landing and whether it actually happened or not.
      In my opinion it did not and ill explane why.
      Firstly in the footage taken the flag was waving in the wind and since there is no atmosphere on the moon there can not be any wind.
      Secondly if you look at there shadows they all have 4 and with the sun being the only source of light that seems just a bit strange.
      Thirdly the moon walk. If you happen to be able to whach this just fast forward the moon walk and it is just them running.
      the last thing that i can remember atm is how all the astronaghts died in suspicaus surcumstances after thay "landed".
      I'm sure there are some other things ive forgotten but that's enough for u Americans to chew on for now
    • RE: Moon Landing was it a giant skam?

Originally posted by boss of u
      Firstly in the footage taken the flag was waving in the wind and since there is no atmosphere on the moon there can not be any wind.

The flag waving was done deliberatly by using a rod, it was done as people expect a flag to be waving. It was well documented at the time of the landing.

At other times the flag is seen waving as an astronaught is adjusting it (ie shaking it) and when the launcher leaves (so it is the effect of the rocket which moves the flag).

Secondly if you look at there shadows they all have 4 and with the sun being the only source of light that seems just a bit strange.

There was light reflected from the Earth, if they could see it, it was reflecting light. And of course the light reflected by the Moon itself and the Lunar lander.

Thirdly the moon walk. If you happen to be able to whach this just fast forward the moon walk and it is just them running.

So if we speed up some on walking on the moon it looks like they are running. Is a run not just a fast walk?

By the same logic no one on Earth runs as if you watch it in fast forward they look like they are going faster.

the last thing that i can remember atm is how all the astronaghts died in suspicaus surcumstances after thay "landed".

Buzz Aldren and Neil Armstrong aren't dead... As for the men who did die, what they were trying to achieve was very difficult so accidents were bound to happen.

I'm sure there are some other things ive forgotten but that's enough for u Americans to chew on for now

Don't assume it is only Americans who are interested in the truth of what happened. I am not American and I know your wrong.

Some things for you to answer.

Firstly, The Russians. The Americans and Russians were racing each other, they had spies in each others countries. Do you honestly think that something as huge as this being a hoax could have been kept quiet or that the Russians wouldn't have shouted about it.

Secondly, Why go again. Every time the Americans faked moon landings they ran the risk of being discovered. Yet they landed 6 times on the moon, why do it so many times. Once would have been enough maybe 2 or 3.

Thirdly, Apollo 13. Was that faked to?

Fourthly (and I think the clincher), Laser Ranging Retroreflectors. Each Apollo mission left a series of experiments. These included the Laser Ranging Retroreflectors on Apollo 11, 14 and 15. These experiments reflect laser light emitted from Earth to allow the accurate measurment of the distance. If man never went to the moon, what is reflecting the laser light?

That doesn't answer any of them it just makes up excuses for somthing that was fake.

Ah, I think I see how this is going to go. We are going to give you all the evidence to show that it actually happened and you are going to ignore it. Saying that even though all the evidence shows your wrong (and all your evidence is flawed) and that you are still right.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Roboute Guilliman ().

• okay firstly the flag. in the footage that ive seen the guy holding the flag is not moving it and the rocket thrust that ur going on about doesnt exeist. its in space there is nothing to create a wind or "efect" from the thrusters
      Secondly the shadows firstly earth does not reflect enough light to create a shadow like the ones thay had. they where standing on the moon so the light reflected of it whould not have given them a shadow. the luner lander however is probably true but even so they should have only hade two shadows not 4.
      Thirdly a run is not a fast walk it is totaly diferent. Walking u always have 1 foot on the ground running u bearly ever do and there are lots of other differences to but becouse im a physicist not a biologist so i could not tell u them all.
      lastly your Laser Ranging Reflectors. finding the distance is easy enough without the laser things. i meen we had to do it for several of the plaints at school last year in Physics and its accurate to around 1 meter. And they could have gust used normal lasers to calculate the distance away from earth through once again not to complected equations that are used every day like for example speed cameras use a similar system gust a slightly modefide equation to find the speed instead of the distance.
    • No conspiracy could last this long without someone breaking rank and selling the story. It's the same with a lot the conspiracy theories, they don't take into account that people cannot keep secrets.
    • So the earth can't reflect that much light?

Never been outside on a dark night and seen your shadow from a full moon? If the moon can almost illuminate the entire landscape, don't you think that an object a lot bigger than the moon could create a shadow?

Think it's time you brushed up on your physics and astronomy.
    • Originally posted by Treize Khushrenada
      Think it's time you brushed up on your physics and astronomy.

I second that, and add to it spelling too.

As said before, all the evidence presented for it being fraudulant seems to fail when looked at, you can't seem to write a coherent point and like most conspiracy people seem to be, you're ignorant of the point blank bottom line facts, people do not keep their mouths shut, eventually somebody would have spoken, be they russian or american. As said before, if it was a fraud, russia would have known and would have gone mental about it.
    • Well, the two main reasons why the lunar landing most have happened is:

1. The Russians would have known that it was fake, was it fake. Why would they help their enemy cover up such a hoax?

2. That mirror or whatever it is that allows for distance measurement.

As for conspiracy theories in general then they mostly start with someone with more knowledge than the average man saying, this can't be right. For example 9/11. While noone has claimed to be part of the conspiracy, there's still a lot of experts who have said: "This cannot possibly be true!".
    • ooo my turn :D. one, there rocket only had enough fuel to safely make it to the moon and secondly if they have landed on the moon, why have they never been back? huh take that :)
    • Originally posted by Mischief Maker
      ooo my turn :D. one, there rocket only had enough fuel to safely make it to the moon and secondly if they have landed on the moon, why have they never been back? huh take that :)

What? The US has been to the moon many times..

Also, you don't need much fuel when actually in space..and clearly they had enough to to make it back.

NASA isn't military, they're civilian. Why would anyone involved in such a big lie keep quiet? What's in it for them? Be realistic.
    • Originally posted by The Atheist
      No conspiracy could last this long without someone breaking rank and selling the story. It's the same with a lot the conspiracy theories, they don't take into account that people cannot keep secrets.

Thats the main one there. In order to keep a big conspiracy secret, only a maximum of about 5 people can know. To fake the moon landings you would need actors, camera crew, general filming crew and a bunch of scientists to advise of what looks 'real'. Do you think they would all keep quiet? That not one of them would be tempted by the thousands they would probably make by selling their story?

This is why I dont believe the conspiracies surrounding 9/11. Simply too many people would have had to have been involved in order for it to work - one of them would have come out and told the truth.

Also it would be really helpful if you could type proper words. It is difficult to read your posts. :)
    • i'm not gonna say that the landings weren't real.
      but there are always two things that made me wonder about the monn landings.

there is one where footage is taken from the moon of the lander taking off, and the camera follows it. Now, you will say this is doen by remote control. But, how can it follow it so exactly.

And there are no stars in the films that you see. Even thought there should be. This does make no sense.

Just my two cents as you americans would say.

give me your views. Thanks. These are mainly points of view but they are also questions
    • Originally posted by Buddy Holly
      And there are no stars in the films that you see. Even thought there should be. This does make no sense.

Taken from here: Non-faked moon landings

The lunar photographs show no stars in them because they were exposed for the daylight lit lunar scenes! This badly underexposes any stars in the sky. Try setting up a manual camera (the autoexposure cameras won't easily allow you to do this) for a typical daylight exposure - use the "sunny 16" rule where you set the f-stop of your camera to f/16 and then set the exposure length to the recipricol of the ASA film speed - if you use ASA 100 film, use 1/100 of a second (or 1/125 which is more typically available). Then take a picture of the sky at night. To be sure you're simulating the lunar situation, be sure to light up a foreground object with full daytime lighting so that the printing process will be sure to expose that part of the image properly and not super stretch the dark sky. You won't find a star image there either.
    • Originally posted by Buddy Holly
      thank you
      i had always wondered about that

i asked my photography teacher
      but he didn't know why
      and why are there none in the film?

Exactly the same reason - they were incredibly under-exposed, because the camera was set to film the bright scene of people in white space-suits on a white(ish) moon - they're too faint to see.
    • Originally posted by boss of u
      okay firstly the flag. in the footage that ive seen the guy holding the flag is not moving it

Yes, and there is another scene where it is moving. The point is that they said at the time that they deliberatly moved the flag, do you really think that an agency that went to all the trouble to fake this that they left the door open when they filmed it. Please, such a blatantly obvious mistake wouldn't have been made.

and the rocket thrust that ur going on about doesnt exeist. its in space there is nothing to create a wind or "efect" from the thrusters

No, there is no atmosphere in space, so that sound waves cannot propergate. However, a rocket works by firing particles out of it. It is these particles (which can propergate) that move the flag. If they didn't it would violate Newtons laws of motion (action, reaction).

There is no atmosphere and thus no wind on the moon, but the rocket introduces particles that are moving.

Secondly the shadows firstly earth does not reflect enough light to create a shadow like the ones thay had. they where standing on the moon so the light reflected of it whould not have given them a shadow. the luner lander however is probably true but even so they should have only hade two shadows not 4.

The Earth would reflect alot of light, try looking outside when there is a full moon it is the same process (but the Earth is even bigger).

As for the moon, it is covered in craters and mountains, these reflect light at different angles. The moon is not flat.

Thirdly a run is not a fast walk it is totaly diferent. Walking u always have 1 foot on the ground running u bearly ever do and there are lots of other differences

The point remains that just because it looks like a run when watched quickly doesnt make it a run. Otherwise I am an olympic class walker (if you watch me walking fast enough).

to but becouse im a physicist not a biologist so i could not tell u them all.

The idea that you call yourself a Physicist is laughable considering your blatant lack of knowledge in how this sort of thing works. BTW I am a Physicist, currently studying my 4th year of a Masters in Physics.

lastly your Laser Ranging Reflectors. finding the distance is easy enough without the laser things.

No it isnt, if you understood this sort of thing you would know how hard it is to accuratly measure distances. The laser reflectors allowed us to measure accuratly because C is constant and all you have to measure is time. It isnt required to understand the mass of the moon etc.

i meen we had to do it for several of the plaints at school last year in Physics and its accurate to around 1 meter.

Wow, what school did you go to, to have access to an Observatory and a Laser transmitter and reciver. I think what you did was take data and use and equation. Yes the equation is very easy and accurate, that is why they did it.

And they could have gust used normal lasers to calculate the distance away from earth through once again not to complected equations

Where did I say it was complicated? It is easy, that is why it was done. The reason it wasnt done before was that you need something to reflect the Laser light back to Earth.

My point is that the existence of the Laser reflectors, which can be tested that they are there proves that we went to the moon. Your ignoring of that point is pritty similar to most other conspiracy nuts who ignore anything that shows they are wrong.

that are used every day like for example speed cameras use a similar system gust a slightly modefide equation to find the speed instead of the distance.

Again, where did I say it was complicated? However, speed cameras do not use the same principle. Speed cameras measure the wavelength shift between the emitted and reflected waves, this can be used to calculate the speed by calculating the Doppler shift.

The laser reflectors just measure the time taked for the light to return.

Another thing you should be aware of, the dust that is kicked up by the moonwalk and luna rovers cant be faked. How it rises (in low gravity) and falls (without Air resistance) couln't be faked and fits exactly into how it would act on the moon.

You have ignored why go back 5 times and was Apollo 13 faked to?
    • I am a space nut...I help run orbiter-forum.com as a mod...aka chipstone306

THE NEXT PERSON I FIND WHO SAYS THAT THE MOON MISSIONS WERE FAKED I WILL FIND A WAY TO STRAP THEM ONTO THE FRONT OF THE ORION CRAFT WHEN WE LAUNCH TO THE MOON

HOLD YOUR BREATHS TARDS!!!!!!

One warning - HRZ