OGame.org General Section Forum Rules
- Click here for the full Board Rules
- The Forums language is English. No other Language is to be used anywhere on the Forums, e.g. in Posts, Signatures, Avatars etc.
- Posting contents and links of pornographic, politically extremist, moralistic dangerously and offending applicable law nature. This includes keys, hacks, cracks or other things of illegal nature, including illegal download pages and "warez".
- Links to inappropriate and illegal content of any nature. It is the responsibility of the user for their posts content and connected content through the use of links
- Posting of any personal messages or discussions, without the consent of all involved parties. This clause applies to all ogame or non ogame systems of communication such as, but not limited to; private messages, MSN or IRC.
- Contents not belonging to the Forum / Topic posted in, so called Spam/Offtopic. Included into this is Backseat Modding and Posthunting.
Backseat Modding is when a User posts like a mod, e.g saying (when not being the Thread Starter) as the only sentence or smiley “Thread closed”.
Posthunting is when a User posts with only the intention to get a higher postcount. Board Staff may bump topics/post closed smileys only if it is in course of their job. 'Bumping' (posting in old threads with the sole intention being to push the thread onto the first page of the board) old threads is also not allowed.
- Picture and smiley spam is when a user posts a lot of pictures or smileys which can cause other users computers to freeze or load slowly due to their connection speed
- Content, links, user Names etc. with the only aim to flame and insult other participants of the community. Same goes for trolling: posts solely intended to annoy other people or incite flames.
- Contents of inappropriate language and excessive cursing.
- Contents which advertise or link to Browsergames not owned by Gameforge. The same applies to so-called Thief Games. Those are Games which have the only Aim to get counts by clicking on a Link. This is the reason why the Gameforge Game Bite Fight cannot be linked.
- Posting for Users banned on the Forum.
- Impersonation of Staff Members. This includes, but not limited to: Names, Avatars, Signatures
- Misuse of the report button. This means to click the button although it is obvious that there is no breach of Forum Rules.
- Discussion and Requests concerning banned Users ingame/ on the Forum/ on IRC. Each Staff member has to sign a Data Protection Agreement which states no sensitive information of users and can be disclosed and can result in legal action. Please contact to the GO/SGO/GA or SMod/BA or IRC OP who banned you via PM, IRC query, the ticket system or email only.
Forum Staff and User Responsibilities
If you feel though to be warned unfairly, first contact the Mod who warned you first. If you are not satisfied, contact the SMod who is his/her Teamleader (Teamstructure). Then you can contact the Board Administrator. The Board Administrators word is final in such cases.