Lunar Base??

• Lunar Base??

Can you tell me when and how one can biuld a lunar base?

I have another question - about the research network. If 2 labs are connected and one of them has say Laser 3 and the othet has Laser 5. Then can one research something that requires Laser 8?? Also, can one be able to build a ship that requires say Laser 8?

Thanks,
      _5r
    • About the research network...If you have a Level 5 Laser tech on one planet, and a Level 3 on the other, that's a bug, and you should report it. IRN just makes your research faster by linking your labs, it doesnt add all the techs together, you can have a Level 12 Research Lab on one planet, with no other Labs, but that research goes into effect on EVERY planet you have.

Edit: Debris fields create moons, you can get up to a 20% chance to create a moon, every 1% of debris consitutes 100k Resources in the debris field. Destroyed ships create debris fields...

The post was edited 1 time, last by R-Chain ().

• Thanks man! IRN info was of great help.
      But I didn't get this about moons. I know that destroyed ships create debris - I send recycles to collect them. But what should I do to create moon out of them?? Should I use only debris near my planets or what? I don't understand
    • Originally posted by _5r
      Thanks man! IRN info was of great help.
      But I didn't get this about moons. I know that destroyed ships create debris - I send recycles to collect them. But what should I do to create moon out of them?? Should I use only debris near my planets or what? I don't understand

It's all chance, you cant make a moon, you just have to hope that your debris field will form one. If this happens, at the bottom of the Combat Report it should say something like, "The floating particles have fused together to create a moon in orbit of your planet!"

Or something like that. <_<
    • Originally posted by rabid_wrong_man
      well, i think the correct thing is "The enormous amounts of drifting metal and crystal particles attract each other and slowly form a lunar satellite in the orbit of the planet."

but yeah,

Well I haven't given/recieved a moon in ages, so hush. >_>
    • simplets way is to build a bunch of stuff in orbit (Solar sats, a fleet of Small cargoes, or just a big fleet, or any combination of ships and probes) and/or other things and leave it at your planet and then ask one of the top players to crash the planet.

then rinse and repeat untill you get a moon
    • but that costs a lot, so don't do it unless you are very rich, no matter how many ships get destroyed you can never have a chance of getting a moon higher than 20%
      and if you use small cargos you would need to sacrifice 1500 for a 20% moon chance which is definetly not worth it for a weak player, but maybe for a strong one
    • Originally posted by _5r
      But how can that happen? I mean - I always look for debris and go to collect them and probably most of the people do that. It's very rare to see a lot of debris and if so - they are immediately harvested?!

Basically a moon can only come about at the end of an attack - the moon will not form randomly from a lot of debris lying around. If a large attack takes place in which there are a lot of ships destroyed then there will be a lot of debris caused. Depending on the amount of debris left over defines the probability for a moon to form - smallest chance for a moon is 1% that is caused by 100,000 units left in the debris. The largest chance is 20% that is caused by 2,000,000 units being left over (units being the combined amount of metal and crystal). It is at the end of the battle that the moon will form if you are lucky... so with a 20% chance you have 1/5 chance of a moon forming at the end of the battle.

Also the DF doesn't disappear if a moon is formed - it should in theory but it doesn't so you can still harvest it ;)