Version 3.0 Discussion Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Version 3.0 Discussion Thread

Version 3.0

Please Discuss (complaints are fine, insults/etc are not) the new version here.

Once again I would like to state that the staff on the forum and in game had no influence in the decision to bring the new Noob Protection system into existing unis. Insults and staff flamming will not be tolerated.

As usual we will pass on all feedback from this update onto GF, and calm comments with valid points are more likely to get a response than a constant stream of "GF suck" ;)
  • How will honour points be distributed in existing unis? Will everyone start from 0 when the update is introduced or will scores be assigned to us based on performance up to that point?

edit - I still think the fleet escape feature will be counter-productive, but I guess GF will be able to see if their drop-out rates increase or decrease after this update. 50k limit seems reasonable as long as it isn't subsequently raised..... which wouldn't surprise me. At least we now collectively have the power to determine if these changes will be successful or not (i.e. bash as many players out of the game as you can).
  • enifield1 wrote:

This will definatly mess with leo, we are all beneath 50k points :)

dont worry, all that will not come too fast ... you have time
    they say its coming in near future and they sayed that to the unimerg too.... and i cant even remember when that was :D
    noobprotection till 50 k p is ok i guess :P but i wounder what honorable hits the top players can do :P
  • Son Goku wrote:

Once again I would like to state that the staff on the forum and in game had no influence in the decision to bring the new Noob Protection system into existing unis. Insults and staff flamming will not be tolerated.

Fine, i understand there's no point in shooting the messenger.
    So, let's make it easy, please provide a direct contact address to the project manager(s) that took this decision (introducing this to older uni's after flat out stating they wouldn't).
    That way i/we can express my/our views to the person that deserves them...

Btw, i don't think some realise the changes this will bring. It's more than just the fleet escape alone...
  • Yes, Gameforge did something other than what they said they were going to. This does not mean they blatantly lied. It means they changed their mind. I'm disappointed that they did so and basically made a liar out of me, but... well, things happen.

I do want to take this moment to remind people, though, that the fleet escape doesn't apply in a LOT of cases, even if someone is still under the limit. Honourable combats don't allow fleet escape, for one, and an honourable combat is one against someone with at least 1/5th (in exsting universes) or 1/10th (in new universes) your score or more. Fleet escape isn't as big a deal as most people seem to think.
  • what the actual heck? we were told that the new noob protection would only be brought in for new uni's? so basically if we don't like it then were screwed? cus your rolling it out in all uni's. This is an absolute outrage how can you think this is a good idea? with all the hate people have for it anyway your now forcing people to play it or not play ogame? I hope im mistake because rolling this out in all uni's is a horrific idea and will kill the remaining players in uni's.

sneaky edit + notice given for avodiing the language filter/swearing - v1k1ng.
  • extremely disappointed. we were assured over and over again this would not come to old universes. i joined leo cos it was to be de last "old school" universe. now i do not know why i bothered.

yes, plz provide address of de correct person(s) who make this decision. commenting here ave made no difference watsoever

thx
    MOST HATED RANK #1

TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
    Super Adv x 64
    Adv x 290
    Basic x 1711
    RIP KILLS 6518

• To maybe expand a bit on my previous post, things that will change even after the 50k points limit.

- All highscores changed (basically just a superficial change, but it'll take some time to work out what fleetscore represents again for example)
    - All active raiders (ie the top bandits) will have 100% of their res taken instead of 50% when attacked themselves.
    - Top honorable players will raid 75% res on honorable combats which will result in Defense bashing galore to raise honorable score for future raids (in an established uni with loads of RIPs this will be dead easy).
    - However which way you turn it, more people quitting over this in already dead uni's

After all the negative feedback the new system received in the test uni, i just can't wrap my head around this decision...

Let me also repeat my request for a contact address to the persons responsible.
  • I'm sorry, but you won't be given direct contact information for the people that made this decision.

Yes, I know that you were reassured multiple times that this would not come to old universes... I was the one doing that reassuring.

Only raiders that raid people that are way too small will be labelled as bandits and thus have 100% resource haul taken when they are attacked. The ONLY bandit in the team universe where this is also being tested, by the way, is the #1 player, so don't think that everyone's suddenly going to be a bandit and suffer like you suggest they will. Additionally, they will only begin to gain/lose honour after the update is live in the universe played, so they'll have time to adapt and not get themselves bandit status.

Oh, and you can't figure out why they decided this? I can. They're tired of the old universes dying out. The entirety of the new newbie protection system is designed to prevent (or provide consequences for) the things that drive people from those universes. What's so hard to understand? You think it won't accomplish that goal, but they think it will. It's a matter of opinion. Simple.

And finally, regarding the resource hideouts, those are almost guaranteed to go in as they are part of that version. They hold very little resources in the grand scheme of things, though, so who cares?
  • Quiffmiester wrote:

How will honour points be distributed in existing unis? Will everyone start from 0 when the update is introduced or will scores be assigned to us based on performance up to that point?

For each destroyed unit you will receive respective amount of HP (formula is still to be announced). Everyone starts with 0 and its up to you if you will go in + (making honorable hits) and try to become Grand Emperor, Emperor or Starlord or if you will be in - HP (with making dishonorable fights) and risk to become Bandit king, Bandit lord or Bandit.

@everyone else requesting contact data - I'm providing regular feedback from all of you, but if you wish you can also email me with more detailed feedback you wish to tell to our ogame team.

<3 Fate

Some are millionaires in resources, others in excuses.
  • IMNVS wrote:

Yes, I know that you were reassured multiple times that this would not come to old universes... I was the one doing that reassuring.
    Indeed we were. Thanks IMVS for being such a trustworthy messenger and for not at any stage lying your backside off. :complaingrumble:

To the gallows with you! :rocketlauncher:

ps, anybody who believed the garbage they were spouting about it not coming to the old unis, wake up. :missilelauncher:
  • Not going to lie. I am rank2 in my uni with the biggest fleet by quite a long shot. How am I going to farm/raid anymore? none attacks me :P
    Guess i am just going to be uni34 bandit ^^
  • IMNVS wrote:

I'm sorry, but you won't be given direct contact information for the people that made this decision.

If we can't shoot those responsible, then your option of asking to not shoot the messenger pretty much goes out the window as well...

IMNVS wrote:

Only raiders that raid people that are way too small will be labelled as bandits and thus have 100% resource haul taken when they are attacked. The ONLY bandit in the team universe where this is also being tested, by the way, is the #1 player, so don't think that everyone's suddenly going to be a bandit and suffer like you suggest they will. Additionally, they will only begin to gain/lose honour after the update is live in the universe played, so they'll have time to adapt and not get themselves bandit status.

I was in the test uni, and i know full well why not more people are marked as bandits. I explained it in my previous post as well: Defense bashing.
    I've made it a point of only ever attacking profitable players, and recalling when they came online if i caught it in time. I'm 100% sure i won't be a bandit after the update for the simple fact that i'll just simply start randomly defense bashing to gain honor points as most in the test server have done. Why defense bashing will make me more 'honorable' though is anybodies guess.

IMNVS wrote:

Oh, and you can't figure out why they decided this? I can. They're tired of the old universes dying out. The entirety of the new newbie protection system is designed to prevent (or provide consequences for) the things that drive people from those universes. What's so hard to understand? You think it won't accomplish that goal, but they think it will. It's a matter of opinion. Simple.

Well whichever way you turn it, i can guarantee there will be people quitting over this, so the negative effect is assured. The potential positive effect is very debatable. I wonder how much the players will like all that mindless defense bashing in the future...

And if they were serious about the concern of dying uni's, they would have made a more focused attempt at the uni merger. When it was first announced, people were interested and excited. Even people who had quit before where considering coming back because of it. Due to the extended time it took for the implementation though, a lot of that interest has waned again...

IMNVS wrote:

And finally, regarding the resource hideouts, those are almost guaranteed to go in as they are part of that version. They hold very little resources in the grand scheme of things, though, so who cares?

While they may be an interesting addition for the start of new uni's (even then i say they are a waste of res, but that's a matter of opinion), the hideouts are pretty much a non issue in existing uni's for the pathetic amounts of res they can safeguard.

The post was edited 1 time, last by NikeJoshua ().