Why do you people always refer to millions as KK

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why do you people always refer to millions as KK

For the longest time you guys always say 1kk instead of 1m I know it means million but then you goto 3000kk now if I reduce this down right you just said 3000 million which it prob mean is 300 billion but.... seriously you can't type ... 100k 1m 1b 1t (like you guys ever trade in trillions) it's not a complaint per say as to wondering why you all trade in this weird numerical fashion you basicly saying kilokilo meaning 2 kilos saying 2k

the REAL numeric behind this is

Kilo (1000) Mega (1,000,000) Giga (1,000,000,000) Tera (1,000,000,000,000) Peta (1,000,000,000,000,000) Exa (1,000,000,000,000,000,000) I'm sure there's more but this is the computer size even.... the real order is

kokogiak.com/megapenny/nineteen.asp (cause if I posted the full thing it be really huge how many zeros you be looking at

Sorry just it bewilders me how it's come down to not even typing the 3rd k for your new 3 0s it's almost hilarious but when I looked through the forums all I could do was "wounder" what number they really meant at times I can trade in these two fashions 1 k = 3 Zeros so 100k = 100,000 1kk = 1,000,000 1kkk mean 1,000,000,000 (billion) or the good ol fashion way 100k 1m 1b 1t simple and not even as many letters
  • Seeing ppl go on with it there seems to be people typing oddball version like 7000kk which is very odd I totaly understand the kk system where each k stands for another 3 zeros to behind it but the bewildering thing is....are some ppl not even understanding "that" generic system of every k is worth 3 zeros you can't have a number called 3000,000,000 it's closest equivalent is 3,000,000,000 so the number I saw was 3000kk did he mean 3kkk or 3 billion...in the matter... cause for honest sake that broke the even generic pattern of online gamer numeric
  • Slightly random aside, but the physicists I know use 4 sig fig whenever they do anything practical. Anyway, you have a in terms of total damage for something, I think that 3,000 kk looks much better than 3kkk or 3b which I guess is why most use 4sf. So no rational numerical reason I'd say - just like most of life really!
  • when i say 1 m i mean 1 minute ....
    if i say 1 kk noone asks me if i need 1 more min to reply or if i want 1 kk res
    same wirg 1t and 1b .... that are other shortforms for other stuff but resourse numers
    that is why i for my part use 1k, 1kk, 1kkk if i talk about resources
  • Valor wrote:

3000kk now if I reduce this down right you just said 3000 million which it prob mean is 300 billion but.... seriously you can't type ..

Actually 3000 million would just be 3 Billion LoL and a trillion is a million million ^^ kk is much less confusing

i never found the kk very confusing at all Infact no where near as confusing as this thread lol
  • I just say million.... not very difficult and I can't stand shortcuts. You wouldn't go up to someone and say Oh would you trade me 1 K K metal for whatever? Wouldn't make any sense at all... I hate shortcuts.
  • Cavalier342 wrote:

I just say million.... not very difficult and I can't stand shortcuts. You wouldn't go up to someone and say Oh would you trade me 1 K K metal for whatever? Wouldn't make any sense at all... I hate shortcuts.

Math isn't "shortcuts". It's simply a better way of stating things... Many things in OGame revolve around thousands, it's simply one of those small, unimportant things that a community develops. And there's nothing wrong about it! It's perfectly correct and useful in every way, it simplifies things, and so on. I think this discussion is pointless.
  • I would say I prefer the proper suffixes, but there is a fine definition since the numerics always are in CAPITAL letters, such as 1M meaning a million.
    Using smaller letters writing:
    1m you would mean one meter or in terms of time you would be talking about minutes.

I think it's something similar to using proper grammar when writing or speaking. Therefore i prefer when people use the proper numerics or write comprehensible. But hey if the majority of the community want to use the kk suffixes it's up to them.

You can't decide whether other people choose to or not to using proper grammar. But it does help when getting jobs and lower the competitors for me to compete with WIN! ;)

You disagree or think i speak a :censored: of bollocks? Please state why I have a wrong point of view.
    /DavidtheDoom out

Swearing censored - DD
  • Being from the U.S.A., where we have shunned the metric system, lol, I assumed that the rest of the world used kk because "Kilo" is so widely known as thousand. I don't know if that is the right reason or not. But yes, a thousand thousands is a million, so it makes sense.

This post is funny:
    I can't stand shortcuts. You wouldn't ...

Doesn't like shortcuts, then uses one in the form of a contraction, lol!
  • Lex wrote:

"Why do you people always refer to millions as KK"

lol, What do you mean by "You People" ?!?

LOL, I was thinking the exact same.

Cavalier342 wrote:

What the hell are you on about mate? I said I can't stand shortcuts.. what's there to find funny about that?

can't = shortcut for cannot.
    what's = shortcut for what is.
    wouldn't = shortcut for would not.

If you can't see the Fey in this, you has no sense of humor.

k, kk and kkk are not shortcuts. Well kk and kkk aren't. If shortcuts were to be used they'd be replaced by M and G, for those take less time to type.

As to how this came to be widely used?
    Same reason OWNED got changed to PWNT. Someone did it, others liked it, others began using it. In short time span, it's become the norm.

If you dislike it so much, then don't use it, but don't delude yourself, you're not gonna make thousands of people stop using it with your current arguments.
  • DavidtheDoom wrote:

I think it's something similar to using proper grammar when writing or speaking. Therefore i prefer when people use the proper numerics or write comprehensible. But hey if the majority of the community want to use the kk suffixes it's up to them.

These are proper notations.
  • yannbane wrote:

DavidtheDoom wrote:

These are proper notations.
    indeed. mathematics isn't just numbers... mathematics is about values and their correlations. a number is a value; a letter too. the value k stands for 000. as simple as that.
    you can do with mathematics what you want :)

this topic is quite ridiculous, if i may add :p
    ... a shadow of the past...
    the prophet: 'the warning has been given, their fate is now their own'

1 2 3