UniverseView

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

First of all, What browser do you use and what version of the script ? (chrome extension, firefox extension or userscript)
      Also what are your computer specs ?

Why are you listing the galaxy ? To update the solar system information or just to spot your targets ?

The ogame api option could slow your browser down, but i tested it many times and it only does that a little bit.
      I also have the effect without my tool activated so it's not all due to my tool.
      And how fast do you click ? Because it's always better to wait untill the system is fullly loaded.

Using the browser database option will always be better, also you can turn on system updating so that the system data will be up to date.
      And this doesn't require the api to be loaded on every system!

Grtz,
      Warsaalk
      UniverseView Extension : The official website
      An easy way to get his planets !

OGotcha: A simple CR converter
      Converts your awesome CR's!
    • Hey question, under planet coordinates option, it list personal server as a possibility.

Is there anyway I can use my gtool for this? ive tried to put the link to my gtool in and my logonkey but it didnt work =/ it would make the most sense to use gtool because generally it gets updated every day or every other day, so makes finding mobiles easier, without actually having to log onto gtool

Board Admin - Ogame.us
      SMOD / GO - Ogame.se
    • Hi,

The personal server option is for when you host the universeview server script :)

I've used gtool myself for a while, but i don't know if there is an option or possibility to fetch information like player planets.
      If there is i can take a look at how hard it is to translate the data for my script.
      On the other hand it is probably possible for me to make a plugin for gtool to fetch the data.

But that could take a while depending on how difficult it is to access their database with a plugin.

Now to be fair, this could be a lot of work if just 1 person wants it.
      So if you can get more people behind this idea, it'll be worth more implementing it.

Grtz,
      War

• Well i tried it and it didn't seem to be that hard :)
      Used the code from my own server script and changed it a little bit.
      It works pretty nice.
      But the Homeplanet feature does not work because galaxytool does not store the planet id in its database. :(

It even works with the personal server option (ingame menu), only the update galaxy button doesn't make any sense because it's not going to work.

The only thing that should be done is upload 1 file on your galaxytool server.
      If you want to try it send me a pm and i'll send you the file and where you should upload it.
      Keep me up to date if it works well and than i'll probably add it to the description :)

• Hi,

If you want to fetch planets via galaxytool with the personal server option in the future, please let me know what you think it in this topic => link

Changelog:
      • New => Univerview now uses browser database by default, instead of ogame api.
      • New => Player spreading: Invert the row color for better contrast, read more
      • New => Favourite targets: a fleet button to set mission coordinates, read more
      • Polish => To activate the favourite target you now need to click the button instead of hovering it, read more
      • Polish => Faster updating browser database
      • Polish => Galaxytooltip behavior
      • Polish => Images now included in extensions (less network traffic)

Detailed changelog
      Default option browser database:
      I changed the default option because most people don't switch options, this release will be a little test on that area.
      To see if more people keep using it.

Galaxytooltip behavior:
      First of all there were some problems with the galaxytooltips.
      When solving this problem i also took the time to rethink the appending process.
      So it should be better now :)
      Also the tooltip closes when clicking it, this could be frustrating when you're trying to click a planet and mis it.
      That problem is also fixed now.
      The whole appending process now happens more modular.

Favourite targets, a fleet button:
      When on fleetpage 2 clicking this button will set the coordinates as mission target.
      When on another page i'll open fleetpage 1 with those coordinates pre-selected.

Feedback is always welcome ! You can contact me via the official board or my website

Grtz,
      War

• Hi,

Yesterday i released my plugin for Galaxytool (v5.1).

This plugin will fetch player planet data from Galaxytool.
      It can be used instead of getting the data via the Ogame api or the browser database.
      The data is fetched live from your Galaxytool database so it's always up to date.

Download: universeview.be/?p=download

How to install
      How to enable ingame

Grtz,
      War

• Universeview galaxy data doesn't get appended when AntiGameOrigin is enabled

Hi,

AntiGameOrigin, changes the tooltips element id's.
      This causes Universeview to fail at looking up the player his planets.

We discussed it and decided to keep this change.
      I'll build in a fix in UniverseView this evening.

If you want the planets and info to get append, please disabled AntiGame untill it is fixed.

Thanks for you patience !

Grtz,
      War

• Hi,

Today a problem occured with appending players their planets in the galaxy:
      board.origin.ogame.gameforge.c…ntigameorigin-is-enabled/

The problem should be fixed now.
      Extension updates are live.
      Please restart your browser to update.
      Opera requires a manual update from the site, UniverseView!

Grtz,
      War

• Hi,

Update 2.2.3

This update mostly includes structural changes, new domains etc.

Changelog:
      • New => Google Analytics tracking, to keep track how many users use the extension
      • New => Icon for the firefox extension
      • Bugfix => Add yourself button in playerspreading was positioned wrong

As always opera users should update their extension manualy, it can be downloaded from universeview.be

As the main feature didn't work anymore in the userscript, i also updated it to the latest version 2.2.3 .
      Please start using one of the extensions to avoid this problems in the future, thanks !

Feedback is always welcome ! You can contact me via this board.

Grtz,
      War

• Dear users,

Due to an unknown problem in FireFox, UniverseView stopped working as of update 38.0.1.
      Today I've found a workaround for this problem.

To use the new version you should download Universeview manually as it won't update automatically.
      Please go to the download page on universeview.be/ and click Firefox.
      Open the file with Firefox and I should install without any problems.

Thanks for you patience and happy hunting ;)

Grtz,
      Warsaalk

The post was edited 1 time, last by Warsaalk ().

• Warsalk I just found your combat report converter. I have to say I LOVE it. The way it adds up the fleets when you ACS split is something I haven't seen in my typical converter and I also very much like the way it sums your harvest and actually counts profit from there. Thanks so much!

I will try out universeview now too.

Some suggestions for OGotcha: include a profit breakdown of Metal/Crystal/Deut please? Also a way to make it so that the converter assumes you have captured the df would be nice.

Allucien: whats your economy like?
      Allucien: wait, you dont need it
      Allucien: Venku ordo "fueled by other peoples tears"
    • Thanks, go to hear you like it ;)

At the moment I'll probably not edit the current converter.
      But I'm building a new one for OGame version 6.0, which is being developed right now.
      So I'd be a waste of time editing the current converter :)

In the new converter I'm already building the feature to add an advanced summary.
      Which includes detailed resource losses!

I could add a checkbox which tells the converter you got the df.

The idea behind the converter should still be it's simplicity, but with advanced options for advanced users :huntsman:

Good luck with UniverseView, I hope you like it.
      It should also receive an update in the future.
      Probably somewhere around the release of OGame 6.0.

• Hi,

The update will be live soon, I'm releasing it earlier than expected as OGame version 6 will be live soon in other communities.
      This version is also compatible with OGame v5.
      If you find bugs please let me know.

I've rewritten all the code to make it more manageable and more efficiënt, you can find the full changelog below.

Changelog:
      • New => Convert button in combat reports
      • New => Spreading - position/planet highlighting
      • New => Quicksearch - highscore button
      • New => Quicksearch - Add player to spreading button
      • New => Quicksearch - Add planet to favourites button
      • New => Notification system
      • New => OGame layout improvements for galaxy & events (only when AGO is disabled)
      • Polish => Quicksearch design
      • Polish => Spreading design
      • Polish => OGame v6 compatibility
      • Removed => UniverseView server / galaxytool option

As always opera users should update their extension manualy, it can be downloaded from universeview.be

Feedback is always welcome ! You can contact me via this board.

Grtz,
      War

• As useful as it is, its reducing significantly the speed of going trough systems in galaxy view

Maybe you can change that, i am using chrome, dont know if same thing happens on other browsers

Great King Pat wrote:

For the record, no such scrap push hits have ever happened in ASSASSIN NOR would they be tolerated as long as i am leader. Everyone over here cares enough about the game to know right from wrong on this issue.

Uni 1 will be like a prison & Urza will be the big black guy that wants to bum u in da ass. Avoid at all costs. ;)
    • Hi,

Could you provide me some extra information?

I suppose you're using the Chrome extension? (not the userscript)
      Which planet option are you using? (idb or api)
      When does this occur, directly from the start or after let's say about 100 system changes.

Thanks for the feedback

Grtz,
      War