UniverseView

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • why have you done this, waarsalk?

      anyway, remember all the complaints about RSS feed ...

      and they eventually agreed with everyone and disabled it.
      MOST HATED RANK #2

      TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1

      TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 64
      Adv x 290
      Basic x 1711
      RIP KILLS 6518



    • Ok everyone, please don't shoot me.
      I thought I'd be a nice addiction, but if there are some many people against it, I'll consider removing the feature.
      Just allow me to explain in detail how this thing works, if you still don't like it afterwards I'll create a poll to delete it.

      ...Writing the explaination, stop replying untill it's finished...

      A player who has UniverseView installed logs in to OGame.
      UV will register the current events that are shown in the events list and set a timer for when to show a notification.
      If in the meantime someone launches an attack without the player refreshing OGame he won't receive a notification. This because it's impossible to detect it without the user browsing through OGame.

      Ok there are add-ons that refresh pages automatically to create activity and trigger all kinds of illegal stuff. Those players should definitely be banned, but that has nothing to do with UniverseView itself. The players should be blamed not the tolerated extensions.

      I hate cheaters myself and in that mindset I would never add automated stuff to UniverseView.
      I consulted gameforge before adding this feature.
      The reason this feature got tolerated is because it's not automated and requires a user action to activate its behaviour.
      So all the notifications that could appear are movements the user has already seen, they only act as a reminder.

      If a player is using a fullscreen application the notification will not be shown in front of it. So when someone is playing a game, watching youtube/movie/serie he won't see it. You will see the notification when you're behind your computer doing stuff that are not fullscreen.
      Most of the time when players forget their saves/attack is when they're doing stuff like that or not at their computer at all because of various reasons.
      So even with this feature there will still be a lot of targets who will forget it or not even notice the notification.

      Conclusion
      The only problem I see, for legitimate players (not cheaters), is that targets will be reminded of a incoming fleet/saved fleet that they already know is coming. Also think about your own fleet movement, it could also help you and not only your targets.
      If this reminder is already a to big issue for everyone than I will consider removing the feature.
      UniverseView Extension : The official website
      An easy way to get his planets !

      OGotcha: A simple CR converter
      Converts your awesome CR's!

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Warsaalk ().

    • No explanation is required, please just kill it. Otherwise this is another nail in the fleeter's coffin and will end up turning Ogame into Sim City.

      There should be a health warning on Ogame.

      "This is a war game. If you don't want to get hit, go play Sim City."
      ~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

      U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 575~ ~ ~480 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
      ~~ RIP 7007+
    • I like playing old school. No AGO, no nothing.

      I like the stress of making FS and setting up an alarm for the return.

      OGame does not give you only pleasure when you make a big hit. The pleasure lies in the whole way the game is structured-planning ahead, calculating, diplomacy. It's personal, and add-ons of this kind just take the beauty out of it.

      "Let me be clear as I can be: In politics and in life, ignorance is not a virtue. It's not cool to not know what you're talking about."
    • Warsaalk wrote:


      The only problem I see, for legitimate players (not cheaters), is that targets will be reminded of a incoming fleet/saved fleet that they already know is coming.
      And that is a pretty damn big "but".
      Your failure to understand why this is such a big deal/no-go is disconcerting to say the least. Every little step in this direction is a slippery slope ever moving the boundaries for what's allowed and what's not. Best not to start down that path at all.

      Please just remove it immediately, so that we can forget this disastrous incident happened at all.
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS

      Kamil wrote:

      Authority and rules are created to be opposed :D
    • @Warsaalk
      You can easily exploit this to get attack warnings, even without breaking any rule..

      And you can also bypass the full screen limitation with a 2nd screen..

      I like UV and appreciate the effort, but this new feature shouldn't really be on it

      Anonymous Potato wrote:

      I'm sorry, we don't offer support for ogame anymore as the DPA prevents us
    • it seems DUcky guy above knows what he is talking about

      so no bypasses, no warnings, no nothing

      not that i use this, but its rss all over again(btw when rss was accepted it didnt work properly for me, not sure why, maybe because i am a n00b) :D

      Great King Pat wrote:

      For the record, no such scrap push hits have ever happened in ASSASSIN NOR would they be tolerated as long as i am leader. Everyone over here cares enough about the game to know right from wrong on this issue.

      Uni 1 will be like a prison & Urza will be the big black guy that wants to bum u in da ass. Avoid at all costs. ;)
    • FarfetchD wrote:

      @Warsaalk
      You can easily exploit this to get attack warnings, even without breaking any rule..

      And you can also bypass the full screen limitation with a 2nd screen..

      I like UV and appreciate the effort, but this new feature shouldn't really be on it
      Ok, can you give me some examples?
      UniverseView Extension : The official website
      An easy way to get his planets !

      OGotcha: A simple CR converter
      Converts your awesome CR's!
    • Warsaalk wrote:

      FarfetchD wrote:

      @Warsaalk
      You can easily exploit this to get attack warnings, even without breaking any rule..

      Ok, can you give me some examples?



      You say there won't be attack warning unless you click overview yourself and see the attack coming right?

      Put it this way, you queue up 9999 launchers, constant refreshment, constant * = attack warning


      My S-mod is Rav3n - be sure to bug him if I trouble you :)

    • One very simple and by now both well-known and well-used trick queue one item at a time in the shipyard buildqueue.
      Since the page refreshes every time an order finishes, you get fully automated, fully legal page refreshes, which with this becomes a fully automated, fully legal attack alarm notification.

      The attached picture shows one such example with 10 fully automated refreshes at varying intervals spread across a 6 hour period.

      Edit: Only notifications for own fleets would certainly help, but still not be a good thing. It would be best to remove it completely.
      Images
      • byggekørefresh.png

        93.01 kB, 846×235, viewed 104 times
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS

      Kamil wrote:

      Authority and rules are created to be opposed :D
    • Dark Depresion wrote:

      Edit: Only notifications for own fleets would certainly help, but still not be a good thing. It would be best to remove it completely.

      Ok, because players will be reminded that there's a fleet save coming back?

      I spend a lot of time in creating this feature and don't want to see it being right away, but certainly willing to discuss the problems.
      I fully understand the concern about the attack warnings, I'll try to remove it as soon as possible.

      Just want to see if we can find a way were we can keep some part of it.
      When removing the hostile part you'll only be reminded of your own fleet movement.
      UniverseView Extension : The official website
      An easy way to get his planets !

      OGotcha: A simple CR converter
      Converts your awesome CR's!
    • From a fleeter perspective, you notice your target started doing RS. Your target will feel safe, because he will have * and he will think to himself that he is safe and there is chance that he will forget to check ogame because of those reasons, and that gives you the opportunity to hit him.
      With you add-on if he is going to receive a desktop notification about incoming transport, he won't forget to check ogame, which nullifies one important factor of a fleeter, and that is luck.

      I really appreciate your effort, but desktop notifications really won't do any good for fleeters


      My S-mod is Rav3n - be sure to bug him if I trouble you :)