UniverseView

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Warsaalk wrote:

Dark Depresion wrote:

Edit: Only notifications for own fleets would certainly help, but still not be a good thing. It would be best to remove it completely.
      Ok, because players will be reminded that there's a fleet save coming back?

I spend a lot of time in creating this feature and don't want to see it being right away, but certainly willing to discuss the problems.
      I fully understand the concern about the attack warnings, I'll try to remove it as soon as possible.

Just want to see if we can find a way were we can keep some part of it.
      When removing the hostile part you'll only be reminded of your own fleet movement.
      Yes, fleetsaves in particular, but also other kinds of major fleets when splitting your ships up.
      From my perspective this is too invasive a help for any kind of deploy, transport, rec, colonisation, or attack mission. And removing all of those, there aren't enough left to not make it pointless anyway. So no, I don't see it working at all, not even with modifications.

I am sorry that you have spent a lot of time on this, and understand why you would be reluctant to scrap all that work. But I urge you do to the exact opposite of what GF has done countless times, and actually learn something from this. And not just something, but maybe the most important lesson of all: Listen to the users, and do it before your pour too much work into a project. And if the users tell you to abandon an idea - don't keep working on it.
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS

Kamil wrote:

Authority and rules are created to be opposed :D
    • I am sorry but I just don't understand the reason for all this "help".

A brain and pencil and paper is all you need.

Why is this world so o
      bsessed with making the human brain obsolete (and Ogame fleeters too)
      ~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 575~ ~ ~480 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
      ~~ RIP 7007+
    • Sorry to tell you @Warsaalk
      Maybe next time create a poll of what features in app should you bring
      and then maybe start working on it ?

So neither you waste your time + people are happy as well >><<

P.S not happy with the latest addon/feature or whatever it is

UNI 40 >>> Top 10s >> Many :D
      Uni Mizar >>> Top 10s >> 6
      Uni Nekkar >>> Top 10s >> 14
      Uni Vega >>> Top 10s >> 6
      Uni 1 >>>> Top 10s >> 2

Advanced hits never counted
      HOFS 1000 + :D So i stopped counting
      Over All Top 10s >>> 60+

• The problem with that is that we developers don't get many feedback on such things.
      If I'd do that maybe 1 or 2 people would react, it's mostly only when something explodes (like now) that everyone joins in.

Everyone please vote in this poll:
      Notification poll
      UniverseView Extension : The official website
      An easy way to get his planets !

OGotcha: A simple CR converter
      Converts your awesome CR's!
    • Update 3.3.1

Changelog:
      • Polish => Fleet movement notification: The "hostile fleet movement" part has been removed
      Incoming hostile attacks/missions will no longer be registered and shown as a notification.
      Only your own fleet movement can be registered from now on.

• Thanks, but even your own fleet movement registration is not very good.

A decent % of hits is when someone misses their own fleet landing due to being distracted/oversleeping, etc. Latter won't be affected by this, but the rest - certainly will. It can be months of tracking the target to detect the specific conditions when it is most likely to miss the landing, and even then it is luck dependent from attacker's perspective.
      There's also such things like 'hit someone because you know they like to watch soccer and this time their expected landing time overlaps with it', etc. The whole 'not being able to watch videos full screen' is precisely how quite often a player gets hit by a patient enough fleet user.

It's really better to not have these notifications - it brings down the quality of hits(already a lot of them being regular spy&flys or boring 'MD the only moon / MD everything') even further.
    • I can't possibly be the only to notice that about half of all the respondents of poll have voted to remove the feature entirely - which is quite a significant majority over those opting to just remove the hostile fleets parts... Is it pure stubbornness and unwliingness to abandon already completed work, or do you actually intend to keep your promise and go with the actual results of the vote and remove the feature entirely?
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS

Kamil wrote:

• Dark Depresion wrote:

I can't possibly be the only to notice that about half of all the respondents of poll have voted to remove the feature entirely - which is quite a significant majority over those opting to just remove the hostile fleets parts... Is it pure stubbornness and unwliingness to abandon already completed work, or do you actually intend to keep your promise and go with the actual results of the vote and remove the feature entirely?
      I asked to start the poll and how am I ignoring the poll, half of the people voted to remove everything and the other half voted for options not to remove everything.

I also spend a whole day talking to various people and even asked the origin team to reevaluate the feature, they urged me to remove the "hostile fleet movement" part and saw no problem in keeping the rest.

• Warsaalk wrote:

I also spend a whole day talking to various people and even asked the origin team to reevaluate the feature, they urged me to remove the "hostile fleet movement" part and saw no problem in keeping the rest.
      They also greenlit the whole thing in the first place, and are only now changing their opinion because of user backlash, so not the best of arguments there...

I do apologise though. I have gotten a nasty habit of drunk ogaming after a get home from a night out, and I may have been "slightly" intoxicated when I wrote my last message, and as a result worded it more harshly (and slightly incorrect) than intended.
      I still stand by the sentiment though. 48% voted to remove the feature entirely, which is more than both options to remove the hostile fleets parts combined

Warsaalk requested the poll himself, and complained that developers don't get a lot of feedback. While there definitely is an argument to be made for no promises, there were definitely also given a clear indication that if the outcome of the poll called for it he would delete it. After the poll was created, Warsaalk gave his official endorsement of the poll by linking to it and requesting everybody to vote. The results are in from that poll, and the single most voted for option (by a wide margin even) is for the complete removal of contested feature. Any attempts to make the results of the poll meaning anything other than that, is derived through number manipulations (ie adding several options together to inflate the numbers of this/these options).

Warsaalk wrote:

Just allow me to explain in detail how this thing works, if you still don't like it afterwards I'll create a poll to delete it.

Warsaalk wrote:

The problem with that is that we developers don't get many feedback on such things.
      If I'd do that maybe 1 or 2 people would react, it's mostly only when something explodes (like now) that everyone joins in.

Everyone please vote in this poll:
      Notification poll
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS

Kamil wrote:

• Update 3.3.2

Changelog:
      • Polish => The notifications now only work when you're logged in to OGame and the corresponding universe is openend in your browser
      • Polish => Some languages had encoded characters, fixed now
      • Fixed => Language bug caused the notifications to crash

The vote was closed and I removed the "hostile/friendly" part.

Also implementing some restrictions as I get feedback from my users & my discussion with some origin teamlers and GO's.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Warsaalk ().

• Hi @Warsaalk. As others I'd like to thank you for all your hard work. This last implementation must have taken you a lot of hours of work. It is indeed very fine developer work. Congrats on that. Whether people agree or not about the functionality does not change that and you deserve this to be acknowledged. I'm impressed with the agressivity of some people there refuting the very first attempt of diplomacy and dialogue.

Personnaly, I think the way the tool is conceived is fair. Yes, people could cheat, but people can always cheat if they want. You providing legal tools is not you allowing people to cheat, and therefore not your responsability. And about the functionnality itself, well, I find it quite useful I must say ! People think it is normal to have you fleet recycled if you forget about it, but they find it unforgivable when you try to recycle the debris they have created when doing so. Isn't that caracteristic of the kind of behavior that is used as a pretext for justfying agressive behaviors and advantaging fleeters ? Once again, the way you play, as far as it is considered legal, only concerns yourself. You're afraid of spoiling the fun or being tempted to cheat ? Don't use it. You can disable it. But don't impose your ways to every other one.

And evantually, I'd like to suggest Pushbullet's API implementation. Because most of the time I play on my phone, being on the move a lot, and this would permit me receiving the notifications on my phone If I need to go before the fleets come back instead of setting an alarm.

Thanks again for everything !