Pinned Best of Wasat Contest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I will be honest my interest in the Uni lies only in seeing where the pay2win features take it. It clearly is having a massive impact right now, but what about in 6 months?

Interesting, to say the least. I feel bad for anyone that was really keen for this Uni, it is going to be so hard to actually get anywhere.

And re the comments regarding the GOs and forum mods etc, you gotta remember all of them are just players like us, that give their time to help run the game in exchange for tiny rewards from GF. Sadly, they have basically no control or say in what happens here. They are as powerless as us. It can't be easy seeing all this, agreeing with it (as I expect most do), and yet still having to slap our wrists and censor us for what we say. In that respect, they are just doing their jobs.

The only thing that would ever cause change on this is people voting with their wallets (i.e., NOT using these features). As it stands that is clearly not the case, so no way GF will even for a second consider changing things, no matter how much noise we make here. In fact they won't be aware of it for a few weeks as I believe they just took their entire workforce on an all expenses paid holiday for the month.

That last bit was a joke. Maybe.
      There is a hell believe me I've seen it,
      There is a heaven let's keep it a secret.

Retired :love:

Top 10s, RIPs Killed, Returns.. Who cares...
      Worldwide Top 1s - 1.
    • Of course it's not just gameforge and ogame is it? This kind of thing is spreading throughout the whole of the online game industry. You're right it would take everyone to stop using their wallets to get ahead and show games companies that we don't want a community where you have to pay to get noticed. There's no prestige in being at the top of a game anymore only the extent of the advantage your money buys you. Sadly, I can't see a complete mass no buy dm stirke happening as the main people that do it are too hooked to care.
      Quantum: Arexel (-N-) - Active
      Wasat: Arexel (MOW) - Active
      Universe 1: Arexel (JeB) - Active
    • If you want to complain about v5.70 then do so in the complaints sections. Complaints about the version with specific mentions to Wasat are fine but please keep it focused on the uni.

In regards to the post before, 31 DM users IMO will not win those prizes in Wasat. The building prizes are geared towards DM users and autocomplete but the destroying fleet/defence is not. Skill, be it a DM user or not, is the main factor there. The DM users can build fleet and IPM's quicker than others but that does not mean they will destroy anything quicker. The 4x Econ reduces that advantage when compared to a 1x uni for example as non-DM users can still fleet up pretty quickly. In Wasat the advantages are not as pronounced as in other unis. Having a fleet does not mean you can use it, the amount of unskilled players who've somehow gotten big fleets and then lost them a day later show that. Those ones are still possible. Of course DM users have a small advantage, I don't like it but at the end of the day they are paying customers and so GF will give them a small advantage over those of us who aren't. That does not mean it is impossible for non-DM users here to win some prizes.

- lakinski
    • Seriously, why did you people even join that uni?
      Everyone with a brain knew it was going to be this way.
      It would be naive to think otherwise. Simple solution, let the DM users waste their money and don't join the uni :)
      Let's see how much fun they have when the uni is dead even before it started.
      And you can be sure that staff ain't happy with the current status of ogame either.
      Most of them are also players or were players at some point. But they have to calm people down.
      That's what gameforge wants them to do. But there is no point in harassing the staff.
      If you really want to make a difference, then stop playing the new unis.
      It's only a game, there's a lot of others and a lot better games than this one.
      It used to be good, but now it's ruined.
    • i probably created 15 accounts in this uni every 5 6 hours join to see the difference in points this is just stupid lol i mean just lol ! and mods here warnings and stuff u wont have any players left to give warnings to other then GF so shurrup already and just let people say whatever they want to say cz this is just stupid
    • Those who know me, know I never buy a single dm (yes gf I dont like to pay you) not that I cant afford, I choose not to.. I knew from experience and hardwork that the buy res option would be very ridiculous. I did quote people can and will pay thousands to stay rank 1.
      But like what I told my friends, I made an account in was with faith that skill will truimph $$.
      I back after years as this was the only game that was skill reliant.

Like it or not, I hope and I am sure most go ba bo or whatever hope that this game is still about skill. Until I am totally satsified after 6months in this uni that the value of $$ can outweigh skill. I am sticking around to hunt these dm players.
      You dm players got so much money to throw around, leave us hardworking players some th ing left to do and go screw around in real life.. for one, I will be dedicated to screwing you in game... well then I hope its enough with the 5.7 comments. Its done and implemented.
      We have fleets to crash...
      Io uni only
    • I dont post often, infact maybe once every couple months anymore...

But in my opinion, all the time it took you people to come up with this stupid little mini game *contest* should put your brains together and come up with a strong plan to KEEP THE PLAYERS you have, and have had for many years that have already established them selves. IE. 10mil-110mil point accounts. Uni 20 is pitiful, uni 1 is shameful, cant say anything for the other unis, but why dont u guys stop opening more and more unis when your player base has dwindled so much in the old ones your not doing anything to maintain anymore? when the old unis are the only reason *besides profit from other games GF has* that are opening these new uni's anyway. Listen to your stake holders in this case... greedy tools.

Buying Deut, Universe 1 PM me here or ingame, same Name. Thanks!
    • Enough with comments regarding latest update here.

An event is ran by team just so that you can get some extras and premium items in game for doing things you would do anyway, if you don't like it fine, you don't have to participate. But we will not let you ruin the fun for players who like it.

If you wish to have changes in event - there is a suggestion section for such ;)

<3 Fate

Some are millionaires in resources, others in excuses.
    • You sould close the boards as from now on 5.7 will be a in every topic in a new uni. It killed WASAT before it started. Or you could just simply ban everyone. rank1 will have 10k points before the end of day 2 that is ridiculous. No point to play. Yes with good skill and lot of time you can reach 1/10th of his points in a year. They will have the first hof the first moon the first everything.
      edit: What the point of the suggestion thread? When was the last time they did anything from that thread? Without DM to reach 6k point you would need almost a week.

1 warning for off topic/spam.
      - lakinski
    • for

lakinski wrote:

If you want to complain about v5.70 then do so in the complaints sections. Complaints about the version with specific mentions to Wasat are fine but please keep it focused on the uni.

In regards to the post before, 31 DM users IMO will not win those prizes in Wasat. The building prizes are geared towards DM users and autocomplete but the destroying fleet/defence is not. Skill, be it a DM user or not, is the main factor there. The DM users can build fleet and IPM's quicker than others but that does not mean they will destroy anything quicker. The 4x Econ reduces that advantage when compared to a 1x uni for example as non-DM users can still fleet up pretty quickly. In Wasat the advantages are not as pronounced as in other unis. Having a fleet does not mean you can use it, the amount of unskilled players who've somehow gotten big fleets and then lost them a day later show that. Those ones are still possible. Of course DM users have a small advantage, I don't like it but at the end of the day they are paying customers and so GF will give them a small advantage over those of us who aren't. That does not mean it is impossible for non-DM users here to win some prizes.

- lakinski

for god sake stop defending GF ! u can not reach that lvl where u can actually do something with your skill when ppl with DM progress so much faster, i can not believe that u guyz have no brain after all/
    • CoReTeX wrote:

Valent wrote:

We tried to adapt the competition to the new universe and to try to find something to please you.
      - no more top 1 player prize, instead, we'll select a random player
      - we give prize to alliance leaders - we celebrate ogame leadership and friendship and courage representation through an alliance page
      - besides prizes for those building mines, ships and defense, we give prizes to players able to destroy them

- we introduced new challenges as first HOF and first ACS HOF

The entire team is sharing your concerns and we hope something will change.
      In the end, I'm convinced that no matter how much DM one can spend in this game, he can't compensate active play and skill. No DM is preventing a fleet sitting unattended on a moon to be destroyed and no defense can resist to IPMs and attacking ships sent in right time and right configuration.
      Do you really believe in what you're saying here? Really?
      How about you just take a quick look at the highscore and maybe take into consideration that this game is based on exponential growth ? Just maybe? Maybe use your brain once ?
      And for the "no DM can save a fleet" oh well. true, not yet. however, without dm there is no other fleet capable of destroying it.
      And even if you find a team of 5 that could, what keeps the DM guy from using rss, logging in and just buy another 100k ships to ninja all those who even attempt to beat his wallet?
      Does this sound like a fair fight to you? Do you really enjoy playing like that, with just the possibility in mind, that all your hard work can be destroyed with someone else spending his disposable income for the lulz?

Also, now let me point out to you why this competition is not a competition but an insult to the whole community:

Valent wrote:

When a new universe starts, all players have the same opportunity to advance in game, however only the most dedicated and skilled dm-buying players are reaching the tops of the highscore. But to Ogame there is more than the highscore, you can have a lot of other achievements to accomplish and you have all the reasons to be proud of them.

>> Really ? "I bought my achievement, makes me proud, you know?"

In addition to the tutorial rewards we plan to give you some objectives and the well deserved rewards for the following categories:

Alliance

- 3 euro coupon for the leader of top 1 alliance at 07.02.2014. DM Users
      - 3 euro coupon for the leader of top 1 alliance at 07.03.2014. DM Users
      - 3 euro coupon for the leader of top 1 alliance at 07.04.2014. DM Users

The Alliance leader has to provide printscreen with alliance members. Members accepted in 07.02.2014 will not be considered.

- 3 euro coupon for the leader with best alliance page
      at 07.02.2014. Decided by the liking of whoever judges -> not a fair accomplishment
      -3 euro coupon for the leader with best alliance page at 07.03.2014.Decided by the liking of whoever judges -> not a fair accomplishment
      -3 euro coupon for the leader with best alliance page at 07.04.2014. Decided by the liking of whoever judges -> not a fair accomplishment

Each participating alliance leader will register his ally page. The winner will be selected by team. Printscreens with alliance pages will have to be sent through ticket one week later the winner is decided. The alliance must have at least 3 members.

NO- Highscore:

3 euro coupon for a random player on 07.02.2014 Decided by Coma - not random. Draw a lottery randomly instead.
      3 euro coupon for a random player on 07.03.2014 Decided by Coma - not random. Draw a lottery randomly instead.
      10 euro coupon for a random player on 07.04.2014
      Decided by Coma - not random. Draw a lottery randomly instead.

The lucky one will be draw by the CoMa in the same day . It has to be an active player, without any game ban history in Wasat and not in vacation mode.

Category Mines:

+1 mine level for player who reaches first level 25 metal mine DM Users
      +1 mine level for player who reaches first level 20 crystal mine DM Users
      +1 mine level for player who reaches first level 15 deuterium mine DM Users

Category Defense:

+200 Rocket Launchers for player who builds as first 500 Rocket launchers on same planet DM Users
      +100 Heavy Lasers for player who builds as first 500 Heavy Lasers on same planet DM Users
      +50 Gauss Cannons for player who builds as first 500 Gauss Cannons on same planet DM Users
      +50 Ion Cannons for player who builds as first 500 Ion Cannons on same planet DM Users
      +50 Plasma Cannons for player who builds as first 500 Plasma Cannons on same planet DM Users

Player claiming the prize must open ticket and provide printscreen for the defense ( it must be on a single planet). In ticket the winner must mention on what planet he wants the defense.

+200 Rocket Launchers for first player who destroys 500 Rocket launchers in a single attack DM Users
      +100 Heavy Lasers for first player who destroys 500 Heavy Lasers in a single attack DM Users
      +50 Gauss Cannons for first player who destroys 500 Gauss Cannons in a single attack DM Users
      +50 Ion Cannons for first player who destroys 500 Ion Cannons in a single attack DM Users
      +50 Plasma Cannons for first player who destroys 500 Plasma Cannons in a single attack DM Users

IPMs do not count. The winner must open ticket to claim the prize, in ticket he must copy the complete combat report and mention on what planet he wishes to have the prize.

>> IPMs were by far the only way a non paying user could ever have enough firepower BEFORE any DM User to actually kill those amounts

Category Fleeters:

+200 Light Fighter for the first player having 500 Light Fighters DM Users
      +100 Cruisers for the first player having 500 Cruisers DM Users
      +50 Battleships for the first player having 500 Battleships DM Users
      +50 Destroyers for the first player having 500 Destroyers DM Users
      +50 Battlecruisers for the first player having 500 Battlecruisers DM Users

+200 Light Fighter for the first player destroying 500 Light Fighters in a single combat DM Users
      +100 Cruisers for the first player destroying 500 Cruisers in a single combat DM Users
      +50 Battleships for the first player destroying 500 Battleships in a single combat DM Users
      +50 Destroyers for the first player destroying 500 Destroyers in a single combat DM Users
      +50 Battlecruisers for the first player destroying 500 Battlecruisers in a single combat DM Users

3 euro coupon for first solo HOF posted on board DM Users

3 euro coupon for each of the win participants at first ACS HOF posted on board DM Users

Category Moon destructors:

- A 3 Euro coupon for the first Player who reaches graviton DM Users
      - 1 RIP for the first player having 5 rips DM Users

1 RIP for the first player destroying 5 rips DM Users

Rules:
      When you reach one of the goals of the contest you open a ticket and you attach a printscreen to prove your achievement. In case of defense and ships, the player needs to mention the planet he want the prize and the time he can receive the ships (to be online). Note that this time must be during working hours at Gameforge ( 9.00-16.00 server time )
      The first one ( date/ time on ticket ) will get the prize.
      You can participate and win in a single category.

Any breach of the rules will automatically disqualify you from the contest.
      You can discuss the contest here .
      >> 31 Prizes that will be claimed by DM Users
      >> 6 Prizes that are promoted to be random but are infact judged by people with their own taste and objections. No randomness whatsoever
      >> 0 Prizes that can be achieved by a non-paying User ( or even the average guy with only commander and geologist ) if there is someone buying ress with DM to achieve it

Oh, right, every category has to be won by a different player. Cool, let me check...
      Yep, looking at the highscore, there are more than 31 players buying ress, so the leftover parts of the community that just want to play the game get nothing.

You begin that post with "all players have the same opportunity to advance in game" ... and you believe that?

Either change it to "all PAYING players have the same opportunity to advance in game" or remove it completely, because it's an insult to everyone with a brain.

Basically this contest is not designed to promote competitiveness between all players, but instead to lure those who are willing to pay into paying even more.
      So please, for the love of god, stop acting like you'd care for the whole community, while you're trying to defend this insult to normal players.

Really, every post of you is just a pathetic attempt to defend what's not worth being defended.
      Gameforge is killing this game by making as much money as possible while doing it, even if this speeds up the dying process a lot.

You made it to the top position of freelancing work here - and i'm aware it doesn't take much for that - but seriously, you can't be that blind and dumb. It's just not possible.

I think you should get a ton of DM for this post :fatgreengrin:
      The cash for DM for res rulechange does make the game completely Pay to win.
    • ultimatum wrote:

I think you should get a ton of DM for this post
      The cash for DM for res rulechange does make the game completely Pay to win.
      Actually i think no DM is enough for this. We are doing it for free, in our free time because we care for you all.
      Obviously all of you have a reason in all complaints but you are also exaggerating.

- The random player is selected by a draw by the coma
      - I'm sure that 5 players are able to ACS attack a high ranked player or use other methods( respect the rules) to hit them.
      - Best alliance page will be selected by the admins and the CoMa
      - Top alliance can have any number of members
      - all categories implying attacks are a good chance for everybody to show skill ( DM or not)
      - I repeat here: DM is not making fleetsave for you and high mines can be raided for a better profit
      - one player can win only one prize, thus allowing as many as possible to get a share of the contest.

I'm not going to close this contest but i doubt will have another one for the next universe if all the players are against it. We- the OGame.org team- are here only to please you, to serve you. If the new features recently introduced in game are hated so much, be sure that all your concerns have been already transmitted to Gameforge responsible and not only from .org team but by all the staff from all communities.
    • Ok, I chose to resist spam & off topic until this...

Valent wrote:

I'm not going to close this contest but i doubt will have another one for the next universe if all the players are against it.
      I am neither against nor a proponent of direct pay for cash resources. But I will not stand by & say nothing when a few chronic complainers ruin it for everyone.

1) This contest began before 5.7.

2) These complainers didn't build/maintain it.

3) Browsing this forum (battle posts) would suggest these complainers either a) are one group of playing style or 2) contribute the least to the game

What I'm suggesting is taking away from the game because a few have their noses bent outta shape is not a direction any game should consider. This new uni contest has no consequence deserving because of some other issue.

Y'all need to get over it. There are other issues way more important. Rank isn't everything. And this game platform has design accommodating play for "free" (EG: fleetsave)