Temperature Vs Deut output

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Temperature Vs Deut output

Hi all!

I've came back to ogame after some long years and with the redesign and the introduction of astrophysics I'm in the need of some help. I know that max planet slots have changed, same goes for the temperature and deut output.

After reading the What level are your mines? thread I've noticed there's a lot of players going for colder planets, some even with negative temperatures. So, in a miners perspective, in the long long run should you aim for colder planets?

I know colder planets have better deut output, but is that difference really that significant? And in the long long run when you have your big big mines is it more profitable to go for a hotter planet, with probably more planet slots, and better sats output, or go for the colder planets and have to build lots of sats to compensate the low energy input, but having that extra deut? I mean, in the end is that difference that huge of a deal?

Thanks
  • The only thing worthwhile is creating a planet on slots 7-9, and then relocating it to slot 12. Gives you the best of both worlds; Biggest planets and low temperatures combined with a still high sat energy output.

Most are quite satisfied with the slot 7-9 planets though. It's definitely not worth sacrificing 100+ fields for some extra deut... Especially not if you don't plan on using a couple of million DM to make it somewhat useful.
    56G TD, Top 1 solo
    61G TD, Top 1 ACS
    137G TD, Top 1 solo ninja
    In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion...Nice try though.
  • YelWar wrote:

That would be nice, but relocation costs money, and doing that for all colonies would cost millions in DM, as you said, so its out of the question.

Still about the question, is that extra deut worth it?

Perhaps I didn't make it clear enough with my previous reply, although it was exactly the thing I was trying to convey.

It's very expensive in DM to be worthwhile, and even then only gives you a very small advantage to show for all your money and effort. Even with the money required, the effort and added expenses to get such a colony up and running, makes it a waste of time.
    If you have the DM, you could go for it. Minor advantage for a lot of money. If you don't have the DM, it is definitely not worth even contemplating the idea.

In short; Stick with the normal slots 7-9.
    56G TD, Top 1 solo
    61G TD, Top 1 ACS
    137G TD, Top 1 solo ninja
    In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion...Nice try though.
  • YelWar wrote:

That would be nice, but relocation costs money, and doing that for all colonies would cost millions in DM, as you said, so its out of the question.

Still about the question, is that extra deut worth it?

I prefer slot 11 myself, you can get pretty cold planets with good enough fields. When you actually need more, terraforming will be quite cheap.
    A few examples of my best slot 11's
    Diameter: 14.262km (128/203)
    Temperature: -38°C to 2°C
    Diameter: 14.006km (63/196)
    Temperature: -37°C to 3°C

Even with just deut mine 20 as it is right now, the difference is +10k daily compared to a 0 degrees planet. In the long run I'd say it's definitely worth it.
  • It depends on where you make your comparisons, position 4 til 12 temperatures overlap greatly, with the difference between each only being 10 degree's

but if you try and calculate efficiency per 1 degree you will find that each degree lower corresponds to about 0,5 % increase in deuterium production

Alas you can get a position 8 with 30 degrees min and a position 12 with 30 max, basically meaning if you go for position 12-11-10 then its not enough to only look at the field count, you also have to take temperature into account before deciding to keep or to delete.

All that being said i still find myself greatly attracted to the colder planet, they are simply worth it if you ask me. As each 10 degree difference quickly responds to a 5 % increase. And every little bit counts
  • If you're going to relocate for good deuterium, don't get a 7-9 and relocate to 12. Get a slot 4, save up DM and get a gold field expansion, build up a huge terraformer with the satellite power you can build there (I'm talking Terraformer 9)... and then relocate to slot 15. Yes, you can get RIDICULOUS amounts of deuterium that way. (Since you're relocating in this scenario, I'm assuming you're spending deuterium, hence the field expansion item.)
  • It should not be possible with a position 4, a position 3 is the best option, i have found that you can usually get a 139 field planet on position 3 with between 100-700 colony ships, though i have been lucky to get one 141 fielder(out of about 8.000 colony ships).

and since the minimum temperature change is from a position 3 with a minimum 120 degrees to a positions 15 maximum temperature -90.
    that corresponds to a doubling in output and a little extra.

the temperatures of position 3 mean that solar sats swings between 43 and 50 output. However the 50 output is only barely in the temperature range, you need the maximum temperature og a 160 degrees to get it. So it should be fairly easy to get the energy needed for terraformer, though i dont see why you would stop at lvl 9 when you can easily push it a few lvls further