Let us keep uni1 alive

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Let us keep uni1 alive

Universe 1 has now only about 200 active players. Whenever I scan the galaxies, all I see is inactives, v-mode players, and a few new players still under noob protection 90% of which will leave in less than 6 months and disappear.

Now, I have a suggestion, I believe that we must do something to make the new players stay and play and populate our universe and make it alive once again,

1 - I ask all alliance leaders to tell the old players not to attack the noobs even after they reach 50,000 points because it is hard for them to survive in an old universe like uni1 which has old players that are way stronger than the new ones. Noob protection on 50k points was made for new universes, but in our case, I suggest that all players above 4,000,000 points should not engage the new ones in battle.

2 - Invite the noobs to your alliances and let them interact and learn. I already know that STARS, crazyCF, and FIRCE are doing that, I thank them, but more alliances should do that, even top alliances. I remember when I first started in uni1 and how I was rejected by many, although I had 2 years experience in uni 42.

3 - Invite your friends, your relatives, your neighbors,even your ex-wives, etc... to join uni1. All alliances have old accounts on v-mode waiting for someone to play them. There are accounts, but there are no players. So let us get players and get those accounts out of v-mode.

4 - Sponsor some noobs and supply them with some resources, give them a push to build fast. I personaly, did this to many and still.

After all, these are my suggestions, you guys may know even better. So feel free to share your thoughts and help this universe to get back from the dead.
      Players and alliance leaders in particular, please advise.
      Eddie
    • I have played Ogame for 6+ years now I have sponsored countless players and still do I rarely attack anyone. I have seen posts like Eddie II more times than I can count. I know you mean well Eddie II but the Facts are it doesn't help. Ogame needs to reverse time back to the beginning before DM... DM is the root of all evil it needs to go but it never will...
      My days are coming to an end very soon just haven't pulled the pin yet...
    • The player count/activity have far less to do with the players than it has to do with several years of mismanagement by GF. The game is considerably worse than it was 7 years ago, mainly because of RD and the ever increasing amount of advantages to be bought with DM. OGame no longer has that special feel it had in the beginning, the feel that made us all stay for years longer than we first intended. Now it's just another game to try out for a few months and then forget about.
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS

Kamil wrote:

Authority and rules are created to be opposed :D
    • Raising the noob protection doesn't help people learn the game. The current noob protection proved that beyond any doubt. Rather, it just makes the losses so much higher and harder to overcome once they get crashed.
      The easiest way to learn the game has always been, and will probably always be, getting crashed and question what went wrong. If anything the noob protection should be lowered again so it doesn't take weeks/months to rebuild the first time people get crashed... Better it just takes a few days until they have learned what not to do.
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS

Kamil wrote:

Authority and rules are created to be opposed :D
    • pogue mahone wrote:

I have played Ogame for 6+ years now I have sponsored countless players and still do I rarely attack anyone. I have seen posts like Eddie II more times than I can count. I know you mean well Eddie II but the Facts are it doesn't help. Ogame needs to reverse time back to the beginning before DM... DM is the root of all evil it needs to go but it never will...

That was a good effort Eddie, count with me any time :)

Good post Pogue, i totally agree 100% and for that i have a old SS of my old ogame overview, that days was the best... click down the link !

Click Here !

The post was edited 1 time, last by Skull ().

• Lucky strike wrote:

noob protection=2M points.

give the chance to new players to learn the game.
      @LS This is a nice thought but I have to agree with DP lowering noob protection would make rebuild easier while helping noobs understand why they were hit. It would weed out bad players faster.
      This is a Great thread good Convo keep it up guys.

@Skull Thank You Man love the SS of the Good Ole Days...
    • i aint posting much lately but i figured id give my 2 cents
      lowering noob protection is just a no..especially combined with the fleet retreat
      it would kill new unis more than DM kills it
      but thats not the topic here

Eddie the second..you should try doing something like this
      project wasat<<--- CLICK
      but that also requires ingame action
      you should ask alot of ppl to support you
      most of the miners dont visit board often

now..as this does look like its working..i must disappoint you
      it doesnt work
      as you can see in that link there was a lot of players willing to help
      and they still are
      but the problem is PLAYERS
      during the last month only 2 players contacted me
      they are both inactive
      ogame player base has been dropping rapidly
      and there is nothing we, players, can do about it

gamefarce is the only one who can do it
      they said they invented these new dm $hit options
      so they could get more money to ADVERTISE OGAME
      but in the past year ive seen NONE

so as far as im concerned..im happy that there are still a few
      that want to help and prevent ogame from duying
      but i guess its too late

Skull..thanks for reminding me what was the real ogame

:airborn:

Pain is inexhaustible. It's only people who get exhausted.
    • master chef, you are now on my sponsored players list mate :) it is good to have you here.

Now, concerning DM, we all know that gameforge, as developers, they need to make profit out of the games they create. I think I have an idea and i don't mind contacting gameforge's CEO if necessary, but I need your opinion about it guys. Would you agree that Ogame players pay an annual fee, just a small annual fee so they can play the game instead of buying DM?
      I mean, if the cost to play is for example 5 or 10 dollars per year, this way, all players would be treated equally, and with no in-game purshses of DM, and gamoforge makes money out of it. Is it fair enough ?
      Eddie
    • i have a 4kk account carried over from uni4
      mostly miner but all moons and the start of a fast fleet.
      goodish spread kinda.
      i would prefer to have a old uni 4 player take it over.
      if any past uni 4 player is interested let me know.
      not the account trade section but hey.
      ps
      even players that i bumped heads with are open to have it lol
      except gem ofc
    • pogue mahone wrote:

I have played Ogame for 6+ years now I have sponsored countless players and still do I rarely attack anyone. I have seen posts like Eddie II more times than I can count. I know you mean well Eddie II but the Facts are it doesn't help. Ogame needs to reverse time back to the beginning before DM... DM is the root of all evil it needs to go but it never will...

my thoughts exactly ... but not the end part :nono i think i will stick a round to see the end of it and in the meantime i will go up 1 or 2 ranks ... :zpopcorn:
    • VIRIATO wrote:

pogue mahone wrote:

my thoughts exactly ... but not the end part :nono i think i will stick a round to see the end of it and in the meantime i will go up 1 or 2 ranks ... :zpopcorn:

I think when you do an Advance hit....:D
    • Oldfart I think you are helping by weeding out the week. The people that want to stay and learn will learn granted they learn the hard way but a lesson learned the hard way sticks or it should lol...

I say Great Job and keep fleeting...
      Gameforge need to find a balance between making money and making a great game...
    • Well, I would be more then willing to join universe 1 and being active there but I do not wish to do the very long and tedious journey starting from 0 points.
      If anyone has an account in universe 1 or knows of 1 that needs a new owner I would be willing to play it.
      I'm currently top 20 in quantum and have many years of experience, never been crashed either.

I know I would just be one extra person there but I would not be vmoding and each new active player helps I'm sure.
      SnowWolf is back and active in OGame, Hooooooowl.

Currently active in universe Rhea and Spica.