So Long, And Thanks for All the Fish!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So Long, And Thanks for All the Fish!

I should probably have done this a while ago, but here it goes.

While v6 and never-ending nerfing of the fleeter-aspect of this game is what pushed me over the edge, it has been coming for a while. My old account got sold, crashed and used for pushing in Eridanus against my expressed wishes, by people I considered friends, and players I thought played clean proved me wrong yet again in Ganimed. With mods turning out to be apathetic, indifferent and at times destructive toward any attempt at limiting cheating (and promoting people to GO staff who literally have stated “I don’t give a crap about anti-bot concerns”), I have come to the belated conclusion that there is nothing left of the Ogame I used to love.

I left my account rank 1 in Ganimed, and it is still there, comfortably in the safe hands of mrkaio, who will continue it until he cannot be bothered anymore. Made a few top 1s since returning, made some new friends, killed a few scriptors. All in all a decent run I guess.
    But I am sick and tired of feeling like a moron for playing clean. It’s either sinking to the level that has become the standard of the game, or move on. I choose to move on.

I have played since late 2006, and have met a lot of good, and a few not so good, people here. Pappa, Marac/GLOTR, Kocic/Dancing Destroyer, Azrai, Bad Apple, Necky, Burke, Stoned Raider, Kulgan, Mutalisk, Venku, Yabba…Many more deserve mention, you all know who you are. Some long gone, some still holding on.
    It’s been a pleasure, gentlemen.

I will see a few of you in LoL, but for most of you this is it. I wish you all health and happiness in life.

/Cassiopeia aka Elora signing out.
    "There isn't much that I feel I'd need/ A solid soul and the blood I bleed"
  • Farewell.

You can't really blame humans for being humans though. Some are born winners, some are not. :P
    In my nemeton
    These grey stone walls are cold and silent
    As the fallen mother gone deaf
    Mistress of shattered hopes
    And forever broken dreams
    Was never there.

• You are probably one of the best players I know so this is a huge loss for the community.

Second you always have the best :censored: stories on the boards.

Third, I'm serious about that standing drink.

Wulfric wrote:

Some are born winners, some are not. :P

U wot m8? Jeez louize ggnore

Allucien: whats your economy like?
    Allucien: wait, you dont need it
    Allucien: Venku ordo "fueled by other peoples tears"
  • sad to see you make the Goodbye topic you have talked about for days, pretty sure i wont be able to pull you out this time :/..

You know that account can be on your hands the moment you ask, i started to play on it to help you out, but as time passed it was like we turned rolls, and you was the one helping me at times (sittings and so on). hopefully we will soon get a hotfix for the entire v6 that gf left us, so ugly and so not funktional.

/ and dont worry, we will still talk alot on skype :D

- hannibal, dont worry we all know how butthurt you got when holme had that acc, and we all spotted when you killed it off :). show some respect as this might be the last time she will be in the "game". if you even understand the word "respect"

The post was edited 1 time, last by mrkaio ().

• --HannibaL-- wrote:

If only that were true,but what ever floats your boat :D

Hun, i am not suprised by this :( its what happens when you play uni's with little childish skiless idiots like that person i quoted above

the ruin the game for everyone, how small and insecure they must feel in the lives to have to cheat the way they do

what makes me laugh the most is,,, they know they cheat and also know they have 0 skil without it, but......... it still makes them feel good reading all the comments kissing there ass on the board lol

i guess hun that is why you have wasted so much of your time on some people like that, not because you thought they was so great. but because you felt so sorry for them, craving attention so much that they have to cheat so badly to try and get it....

But at the end of the day hun, you are to good of a player and a person to ever waste your time on those clowns, maybe there mommys didnt pat them on the back and say good job everytime they tied there shoe laces as a kid or something like that.....im not sure but looking at the way they play something in the past has made them feel very inadiquet

will miss you hun
  • I am extremely sorry to see you leaving completely and you will definately be missed, whether on ticket system or irc..
    We could see each other in -selfcensoring the game title- if you like, give me a call :)

All best for you Elora!
    Responsible for: Libra, Kallisto, Quantum, Rigel, Uni1

--HannibaL-- wrote:

If only that were true,but what ever floats your boat :D
    Hun, i am not suprised by this :( its what happens when you play uni's with little childish skiless idiots like that person i quoted above
    You should just ignore him TBP, this game is all he has to live for and he craves the attention his mother and father never gave him. No friends, no family, nothing. Just OGame. The little success he's had is thanks to Dalibor and his inability to leave the PC for more than 3 minutes to fap and pretend that a girl IRL might actually fulfill his lonely existence. Unfortunately they can't be won over with metal and crystal as he's tried so many times. :( The only thing standing between him and suicide is this game which is kinda sad if you think about how many players are left and what kind of future it has aka no future at all (just like him).

Back on topic, farewell Cassiopeia! Give them fewer targets and maybe then they'll realize how much of their miserable lives they've invested in a game nobody else cares about anymore. Sorry to see you go but there are MUCH better games with even better communities out there! You'll fit in just fine because you're a wonderful human being with so much to contribute. You play legit and plenty of people will appreciate your personality. You're doing the right thing. Take care. :)
  • I keep it short, we will mis you, you were always fun, and it was never boring,

Good luck in real life, and keep in touch.

Hard to quit this silly game, i quited a lot, but came back also for about 3 times :)

Goodbye for now Elora, try to resist, but in the end you probably come back :borg:

:closed:
  • I feel all ticklish inside,must be the sorrow.I wish I have a friend to call,someone to talk to,someone to save meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.
  • Cassiopeia, you had 1500 points a few hours after Ganimed universe released, when top 50 had only 20 points

Its not a big deal to buy dm at all, but come on, please spare us the "i'm clean" speech

maybe people would bot less if you didnt completely ruined the competition with your credit card.
    like it or not buying so much DM in such a short time is nothing but paid cheat. and its accepted. So don't pretend
    :nono
    nonetheless, gratz for your numerous hof
    ps: if someone doest believe me i have screenshots to prove my sayings

The post was edited 3 times, last by toinewx ().

• Well it was bound to happen sooner or later, but it's for the best. Loved the skype chats and the adrenaline rushes when you found something to hit or asked for some help with calculations and simulations, even tho you already knew most of it, really gonna miss that, BUT, after all that has been posted on the forums and stuff it's really for the best and i really hope you won't falter from the temptation of playing again. This game got you enemies and a lot of friends aswell, mostly the latter and i hope you know that, just forget about all the bad things, delete them from your memory and push forward all the good things this game gave you, be it big hits or just a little friendly PM from a stranger or friend, it all counted and still does.

The game has lost a really valuable and friendly player, still remember when i saw you attacking me, saw the name and quickly came up with a pun for it and PMed you, after that we became friends (weird way, but hey, this is ogame, so it's sorta normal :p ), you really taught me quite a bit of little techniques that i didn't know before and i'm glad i could help with all the hits and calculations and stuff you asked me to do, would do it again and again cause you're one of the nicest persons i know in ogame and i'm really sad to see you leave even tho it's the best thing to do. :beer:

Hope everything works out for you IRL and whenever you feel like chatting, hit me up on skype, will gladly help out if i can :)

Christ wrote:

Dam you girl, now i need new fap material

Here, use this, guaranteed pleasure (and castration)

--HannibaL-- wrote:

I feel all ticklish inside,must be the sorrow.I wish I have a friend to call,someone to talk to,someone to save meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You can call me, i'll be glad to answer and talk to you, but be sure to keep your phone close to your ear cause while we talk i'll hack into your phone and overcharge the capacitors and send the shock straight trough the speaker and into your head, hopefully doing enough brain damage to put you in a permanent come or in a mental hospital, then you'll be able to talk to anyone you'll like, imaginary friends are good for you little one.

toinewx wrote:

Cassiopeia, you had 1500 points a few hours after Ganimed universe released, when top 50 had only 20 points

Its not a big deal to buy dm at all, but come on, please spare us the "i'm clean" speech

maybe people would bot less if you didnt completely ruined the competition with your credit card.
    like it or not buying so much DM in such a short time is nothing but paid cheat. and its accepted. So don't pretend
    nonetheless, gratz for your numerous hof
    ps: if someone doest believe me i have screenshots to prove my sayings

TIL farming = DM whoring!!1!!11
    please, PM me your proof, i'd like to see it, needs to have the scoreboard fully seen, the gametime and the windows time with the date so i can see it's actually the first day, i'll also run it trough a special forensic tool that will tell me if it was altered or not and ofc, common sense and my own knowledge + ogniter's points history.

and no, people are botting cause they are noobs and think they are good, they don't bot cause others buy DM or actually spend time farming, it's 2 hrad 4 them to do it themselves so they set up and bot and call themselves good...
  • All these big talkers sitting/hiding behind a screen acting like they matter something.Now do you really?

Cass is a good player,even though she learned half of it from me,but hey,if it helps her ego not to admit that(which she would just in a private chat with me,not where the public can see it :D :),what ever floats her boat.

As for the beginning of unis,ya toinewx is most certainly correct,she always spends a few hundred euros within minutes,after that its activity alone that can keep the rank alive.

As for she giving the acc to Holme,all is good,justice has been served.Acc was stolen,now is dust,what more can a suicidal lifeless person want?

NecroFlex,we live in the same city,drop by,I`ll give ya a shocker.

Trolling not allowed flaming and or any type of threat warning Blackmass

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.
  • Oh noez, you scared me, i iz of many hiding now...

Please, saying we're all big talkers behind the screen, you're the biggest one here, the fact that you like to bully online and then feel good about it says otherwise, you're just a speck of dust waiting to be cleaned out of existence, you're one of those wannabe badasses who has tons of money selling drugs, spends it online on a game and then brags about how good of a player he is, without your drug money you'd be nothing, no one,just another dude in his moms basement throwing his face on the keyboard and bullying others to make himself feel better for being worthless.

As for the DM, does she buy it? i believe so, officers and for merchant, anything else? nope, why? cause unlike you, she knows how to fleet and how to farm, what do you do? throw in money and pay other for you to crash and then brag on the forums. That's basically it, she already knew how to fleet, what did she learn from you? Hopefully not how to be a cocain addict. You think you're good, you think you have good friends...but you don't, most of them are with you cause of the money...and the connections you have with the GOs, that's pretty much it, take away those 2 and bam, 90% of your ''friends'' disappear.

Won't even mention the account, not worth the words, we all know what happened, how you pushed with it, but nah, it's cool, you got connections up in the GO league, they can hook you up real good.

Yup...totally same city...your geography is bad and you should feel bad, tho i actually am shocked that your English is good, i always thought mentally handicapped had a hard time with languages.

Anyway, since we're discussing big talk, keep doing that, must really make you feel better right?
  • Cass, I know you had a lot of fun in this uni, and leaving was certainly a tough call. You are one of the most talented players I've had the pleasure of knowing. Anyone that knows anything about your style knows that you being a DM abuser is complete rubbish along with the other ugly accusations that have been unjustly leveled against you. Don't let the haters get to you...their methods of oppression have no place in Ogame. It's refreshing to compete with and against players of your caliber that rise to the top on skill, fortitude and patience alone. You were always there to help out those in need even at cost to furthering your own game goals. Never any selfishness or manipulation on your part. You were always dedicated to keeping the game clean and went to great lengths to expose scripters and other wrong-doers. I applaud all that you've brought to the unis you've played and want you to know that it has been an honor to play with and learn from you. You are the kindest of friends and the fiercest and truest of competitors. You have an inspired love of the game and I hope that the negatives you've experienced recently won't keep you from making another go of it in the future. If ever you find yourself in need of a wingman, let me know and I'll fly with you no questions asked. :cool2: