General Ceasefire

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• General Ceasefire

I am a very old OGame player (out of retirement) lol ... But my main concern is that even though unity is a new Uni we already have plenty of vmodes and what not... I thought maybe we should all try and avoid attacking new players because if they don't get the chance of understanding and enjoying this game they will undoubtedly just give up... short term profits = good... but long term = dead uni...

Well just a thought i had... i also understand OGame is survival of the fittest but just my 2 cents... thoughts?

:headbanging: :headbanging: :headbanging:

Universe: Unity
      Alliance: GeNesis Reborn [GeN_R]
    • LoneShadow wrote:

Oh stop whining, the universe is doing fine. Not even a month old and you say it's nearing its end?

If you don't like the way something is, be the change you want to see.

:hail: ... lol i'm not sure about you but i'm pretty sure accounts are made during the opening and not a couple of months later hahaha...

but then again, i doubt i can make a difference by myself :) ... :youcrazy:

• Lancelot wrote:

RenzoTheKing wrote:

I started like 4 days ago and nearing top 1500 already, people join late and catch up on the inactives just fine dude :thumbup:
      yeah was kinda my point... why so much inactives now? see? :p

coz

Emperor1065934072249

Emperor1337162679993

Emperor1347127999179

Emperor1441960111261

Emperor1458204323426

Emperor2107936586254

Emperor2419964377769

Emperor3068540389650

Emperor3336103167385

Emperor3352530472912

Emperor3585957847536

Emperor3600149336271

Emperor3612092966214

Emperor4089370248839

Emperor4358600196429

Emperor4426775560714

Emperor4454725212418

Emperor4507399876602

Emperor4793752999976

Emperor4839758300222

Emperor4844123665243

Emperor4860782441683

Emperor5063536493108

Emperor5146892582998

Emperor5189939504489

Emperor5259816562757

Emperor5432845805772

Emperor5497523825616

Emperor5597554193810

Emperor5608346005902

Emperor5633115814999

Emperor5774666266516

Emperor5822353237308
      The Cigarette Smoking Man:
      My story's scared every president since Truman in '47.

Unity
    • Yeah all those ghost accounts clogging up the uni is why I jumped rank so quick no doubt.

But my point is, just because the initial 'buzz' of the uni is over doesn't mean it's a dead uni. Just means the weakest have already been weeded out :buckteeth:
      :borg: > Getting in trouble for spamming emoticons since 2017, > Special snowflake since 1992
    • RenzoTheKing wrote:

Yeah all those ghost accounts clogging up the uni is why I jumped rank so quick no doubt.

But my point is, just because the initial 'buzz' of the uni is over doesn't mean it's a dead uni. Just means the weakest have already been weeded out :buckteeth:

weakest and those who started playing Unity (never played other uni's) got bashed and beaten up so bad before they could even understand the game as well :stick:

• Uni's deteriorate at some point, yes, when it was the old ogame, uni's weren't opened every two months, but had up to 10k-12k players, but in fact after a month or so it was down to ~6k If I remember correctly. After a few months you get to 2.5k-3k players... The point is that OG (in my opinion) has a bad and short tutorial, and is dull at the beginning. Until you get some basic researches up, first ships and so on takes time, and new players don't know it, and quit thinking that the game is all about clicking some upgrades and waiting a long time for resources. A better tutorial and bit of dynamics at the beginning would probably keep more players, combined with NOT OPENING UNIVERSES EVERY MONTH OR TWO.
      I always try to "school" new players, and keep them in OG by giving good and accurate advice, and am proud to say that they stay. So tend to school them instead of farming them (if they PM you). :)
    • JNA wrote:

Uni's deteriorate at some point, yes, when it was the old ogame, uni's weren't opened every two months, but had up to 10k-12k players, but in fact after a month or so it was down to ~6k If I remember correctly. After a few months you get to 2.5k-3k players... The point is that OG (in my opinion) has a bad and short tutorial, and is dull at the beginning. Until you get some basic researches up, first ships and so on takes time, and new players don't know it, and quit thinking that the game is all about clicking some upgrades and waiting a long time for resources. A better tutorial and bit of dynamics at the beginning would probably keep more players, combined with NOT OPENING UNIVERSES EVERY MONTH OR TWO.
      I always try to "school" new players, and keep them in OG by giving good and accurate advice, and am proud to say that they stay. So tend to school them instead of farming them (if they PM you). :)

see? that's exactly what i've been talking about. you summed it up pretty well, some people are so keen on getting high ranks and step and steam roll over the noobs who have barely started making battleships... but oh well, it is what it is now... :headbanging:

• I agree lancelot is perfectly correct. Unfortunately I may be one of the worst offenders in this regard.

I always figure that if i don't crash the target, someone else will do it anyway. And that if a player quits after being crashed, they were never going to become a long-time ogame player regardless.

I first joined ogame in electra, about 1yr after it opened. This was great because there were targets, mostly inactives to attack. And i was protected (admittedly by the less useful old noob protection) from the stronger players. But now all new players join uni's while they are still very active and competitive at the lower ends, resulting in their fleets getting crashed, and planets raided more often. I believe it is best for newbies to join established unis a long time after their creation. However the constant 2month unis, with no special/unique unis (ala. electra) mean that newbies will always join the new uni's at the same time as experienced players, exposing them.

I learnt what a sensor phalanx was when a player with about 1000X my points crashed my fleet with a timed hit. Why he even bothered i don't know. But i quit the game that day.

Personally i reckon the reason for the quick uni release is the amount of dark matter consumed in the first few days/months. You know those people with colonies in the first 24 hours. I would bet that DM usage drops after the first few months, and GF have realised that, hence the uni releases.
    • in the old days cheating wasnt tolerated and caused players to be banned. nowadays it seems to be encouraged and thus vastly large amounts of people have quit this game just for that reason. you would think gameforge would care about all those dark matter purchases lost from those players quitting, (10's of thousands of players less per uni on average), let alone the fact the unis START OUT and never become more than DEAD.
      Max007- Universe Jupiter (opened April 19th, 2011- merged Into Universe Vega March 30th, 2016)
      Guardian- Universe Eridanus
    • Diarmundy wrote:

I agree lancelot is perfectly correct. Unfortunately I may be one of the worst offenders in this regard.

I always figure that if i don't crash the target, someone else will do it anyway. And that if a player quits after being crashed, they were never going to become a long-time ogame player regardless.

I first joined ogame in electra, about 1yr after it opened. This was great because there were targets, mostly inactives to attack. And i was protected (admittedly by the less useful old noob protection) from the stronger players. But now all new players join uni's while they are still very active and competitive at the lower ends, resulting in their fleets getting crashed, and planets raided more often. I believe it is best for newbies to join established unis a long time after their creation. However the constant 2month unis, with no special/unique unis (ala. electra) mean that newbies will always join the new uni's at the same time as experienced players, exposing them.

I learnt what a sensor phalanx was when a player with about 1000X my points crashed my fleet with a timed hit. Why he even bothered i don't know. But i quit the game that day.

Personally i reckon the reason for the quick uni release is the amount of dark matter consumed in the first few days/months. You know those people with colonies in the first 24 hours. I would bet that DM usage drops after the first few months, and GF have realised that, hence the uni releases.

thanks for your honesty i guess? :D ...hahah... not necessarily, i think noobs who got crashed AFTER they understood what is a moon and FS and how to use a fleet properly. However i also blame the tutorial, it doesnt help much it just explains how to build this and that and do this and do that. nothing concrete... :nono

• Well to aid unis survival and attract new players we can all help out

Unity seems to be very good learning ground with 5x eco n 2fly times on top of 6gals easy to hunt and plenty to farm

Once im bit established and my small project here iscompletted ill offer starter packages for anyone willing to join and play here

Can aid with acc development moons and advice for new and old alike

We all can chip in to keep it entertaining
      The Cigarette Smoking Man:
      My story's scared every president since Truman in '47.

Unity
    • Cancerman wrote:

Well to aid unis survival and attract new players we can all help out

Unity seems to be very good learning ground with 5x eco n 2fly times on top of 6gals easy to hunt and plenty to farm

Once im bit established and my small project here iscompletted ill offer starter packages for anyone willing to join and play here

Can aid with acc development moons and advice for new and old alike

We all can chip in to keep it entertaining

sounds like a plan :D

• before the universe started, (and after in the discussion thread), in the general forum, i suggested everyone send their buddy invite link to all players they know from past / present. If everyone could get just 2 players to join that would doulble the uni players. in the beginning i got 4 players to join. Its not too late a new player could come in and grow a strong account fast. especially if they are in an alliance with players helping them.
      Max007- Universe Jupiter (opened April 19th, 2011- merged Into Universe Vega March 30th, 2016)
      Guardian- Universe Eridanus