Top 08 - [TOT: 5.259.694.000] astrapes [TBP] & hanwha [Fleet] & ruma [Fleet] & Roeci [TBP] & lastchaos vs. Killer [AoA] & Artificiu [ROU] & Odin [ROU] & ANATOLIA & Ouroboros [ROU] (A: 2.550.178.000, D: 2.709.516.000)

• Top 10 ACS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ha. I have now heard 3 versions of this. Consensus does not seem to exist

1. It is possible.
      2. It is not possible - the game will only allow 5 fleets in defense at any one time. Additional fleets would not join.
      3. It IS possible -- but you will get banned for bugusing, since it is not meant to be possible.

Could someone with coding AND game rule experience clarify? :P

(and regardless, still awesome battle. :))
      "There isn't much that I feel I'd need/ A solid soul and the blood I bleed"
    • It´s a legit tactic,albeit rare. If you lanx the planet and see 4 people defending, this is what should first come to mind.
      That´s the reason why you don´t see it often - because it´s easily twarthed with a simple lanx, assuming the attackers
      have the coverage, the knoweldge of MD ninja,and of this distinct possibility.
      As said by activ, you can test it with probes, but you would still need to pop the moon. Most find it too big of a hustle,
      a reason why there is so much uncertainty.
      Ever since War Machine and RIO first pulled off MD ninja on Mindwar here on.org, this came as an immediate follow-up question.
      It has been tested, it is both possible and legal. It´s not a bug, but simply a very advanced tactic few ever witnessed.
    • Seeing as Warmachine is the one saying it will get you banned for bug using, I am more confused than ever. :P

And if it is indeed bugusing.. could the confusion be that it has since been "fixed"?

o_O :P
    • Which why my friends it's a shame the 20md attempts didn't work :( history in Oberon and the biggest hit for a long while in Oberon would of been made! But the game works in weird ways!
    • I might´ve stepped out of the line. I´ll edit my previous claim if I confirm it was wrong.

EDIT: The official,current list of known bugs can be found here. The discussed case is known to admins and is not on the list,
      therefore it cannot be considered as bugusing.

The post was edited 2 times, last by LegacyOfDawn ().

• Thanks for checking Legacy, would be great to get it confirmed either way. :beer:

It is possible that it used to be doable, but because it was considered a bug, it was fixed and now you can't do it.

It's also possible that it used to be bannable in U35 (now Quantum), but game policy has since been changed, and what used to be seen as a bug is now considered a feature.

Regardless, clarity is always good. :thumbsup:
    • Ok, so in the German rules, it's clear that it is possible and legal. Since we don't have a clearly stated exception here, I can only assume that the GO approach has changed since U35, and it is now considered a feature, and is legal.

We have before had inconsitencies between game servers which were not clearly stated and caused confusion though, so if NMA or someone could clarify that these rules also apply here, that would be great:

board.de.ogame.gameforge.com/i…ostID=3428908#post3428908

Thanks! :)
    • NoMoreAngel wrote:

Thanks for quoting me :P

It isn't a bug, therefore it can't be bugusing, therefore it is legal^^ You can have an unlimited amount of defenders, you just need to shoot and pop a lot of Moons to do it.
      You cannot have an UNLIMITED amount of defenders , Just the first 8 players can join "Defend Missions" if there is a 9'th player that wants to defend he will not have the option to defend , even if he wants to do it on moon or planet -> the system disables that option
    • So let me understand

1. You can only have 4 defenders + the initial target = 5 players ( Planet )
      2. You can have at same position on the moon another 4 player to defend =4 players ( Moons )
      3. You destroy moon and get 9 defenders on Planet
      4. If you make a new moon you can add another 4 players to defend on it ?
      5. You can repeat process to get unlimited defenders

This sounds like CRAZY
    • Mega HIT . Congrats defenders ...i soo soryy that just 4 fleets have'it the honour and the luck to participate ...from 10 fleets totaly ready to be launched or lanched in the moon or planet def action.

Good strategie ...how much bad luck to dont see that hit transformed into ... another one totaly diferent with 9 defenders.

For the Attackers ...ok congrats for your action to build a big moon , but congrats for your luck ...you wasn't ready to recall...i know that
    • This is rather interesting thing to know. Gonna have to try the "unlimited amount of defenders" at one point, that's for sure.
      "In the post-war period, the Serbian people were in different ways' instructed, payed up and forced to forget themselves and all that they represented and achieved. The betrayal was permanent. For Serbian leaders were almost always chosen those who were most willing to forget the interests of the Serbian people. "

The post was edited 1 time, last by Warrior Within ().

• Andrej wrote:

Why not simply abandon moon?
      Great battle, fr to all :D
      Because you can't when you have active fleets going to or from the moon. ACS defense fleets in orbit or heading toward the moon would block a deletion by the owner.

But I'm with Warrior Within. We should get 20 volunteers together and test this! XD
    • Cassiopeia wrote:

Andrej wrote:

Because you can't when you have active fleets going to or from the moon. ACS defense fleets in orbit or heading toward the moon would block a deletion by the owner.
      But I'm with Warrior Within. We should get 20 volunteers together and test this! XD
      not exactly, only own fleets block the deletion, fleets from others don't matter.
      But when you delete the moon, the fleets would still fly to the deleted moon and defend there^^

Board Admin
      OGame-Tech Chief
    • NoMoreAngel wrote:

Cassiopeia wrote:

Andrej wrote:

Because you can't when you have active fleets going to or from the moon. ACS defense fleets in orbit or heading toward the moon would block a deletion by the owner.But I'm with Warrior Within. We should get 20 volunteers together and test this! XD
      not exactly, only own fleets block the deletion, fleets from others don't matter.But when you delete the moon, the fleets would still fly to the deleted moon and defend there^^
      Really? I could have sworn I tested this myself, though I admit it's been some years... Good to know then! :)

So the code only pushes the fleets to the planet in case of a hostile 'deletion', but keeps them flying otherwise? That makes... no sense at all heh. :P.