When life sucks and you feel terrible

• Debate

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I would call a friend that I know is always there for me.

Not to preach or to judge, but to listen to me and to make me happy ;)

"Let me be clear as I can be: In politics and in life, ignorance is not a virtue. It's not cool to not know what you're talking about."
    • There's nothing easy about going day-to-day with the ailments of major depressive disorder. It's usually wrought by a shrunken hippocampus, which typically hampers the the production of dopamine and endorphins.

Each day we wake with the thoughts of suicide, and each night we bed down as an escape; akin to death and a release of internal pains.

It helps to have somebody to talk to, but public access resources are limited within the States. I currently take two anti-depressants (complimentary to each other, and supplemental in my treatment), but I only take them as often as I feel I need to. DBT (Dialectal Behavioural Therapy) is extremely useful in learning techniques to better handle such a disorder; often mixing in principles of meditation and sensory appeals.

Depression as a concept often inhibits physical activity, which in turn inhibits internal motivation and mood perception. The best way to fight it is to simply take it head on (always easier said than done).

Anecdote:
      Four years ago, my grandmother died, my aunt and favourite cousin committed suicide, my friend died in a car accident, and my cat died due to kidney failure; the cherry on top was my girlfriend left me. In the end, after about a four day stint of constant misery, I forced myself to go to a party. I drank one beer (threw it up), drank some Jim Beam (naturally stayed down), and partook in some relatively stupid culture that helped me realize I was only miserable because I was alone.

My current methods for my on-going fight involve a rigid life-style structure, and less parties. Each morning I wake at 7 AM, feed the cats, pick-up the bedroom, shower, scramble a couple eggs, eat, pack a lunch, and leave for work at about 7:45 AM. I'm usually at work between 8 AM to 5 PM and heavy workloads keep my mind preoccupied. I usually make it home about 5:20 PM, cook dinner for my missus and roommate, wash all dishes, and do one hour of chores daily. Followed by an half-hour run plus some weight lifting afterwards. By the time I sit down it's about 8 PM and the last three hours of my day remain as leisure time, usually spent with the missus.

A rigid schedule that incorporates chores and exercise helps create a solid structure or framework to plan my life around, it also forcibly occupies my mind. The concept of exercise helps to naturally stimulate the brain and thereby increase hormonal production. The chores act as recourse of external control, which in turn moulds internal control. Medicating and therapy are much more advanced forms of treatment, in which those who can afford such often opt for the former rather than the latter. One of my prescriptions costs 5 USD (after insurance is applied), the two I use for depression will last me three months on a one-month prescription of each.

While I've poised such a possibility to those who suffer in the past, many feel it is too much effort to actually implement. "It gets easier, the hard part is making sure you do it every day."

Trouble wrote:

Sounds like an expert clicker to me :D

Doc Brown wrote:

I have read several of your posts elsewhere over a number of years. I find your mental state to be disturbing and you probably need professional help.
      What you write in the spam section doesn't have much impact on the game as a whole ... But I don't like to see you attempting to influence normal players in universe 1.
    • With depression as well in half the cases it is also caused buy a tramitic loss or occurance in ones life. and not so much as a mis formed section of the brain. or under developed section.
      as well. now for me.
      I had suffered with depression for 32 yrs. before getting proper help along with Agoraphobia and ptsd with panic attacks and anxiety .
      I self medicated for decades in order to try and fit into social areas of life and pubic areas of life in order to help take care of my family.
      this was a long term epic failure on my part for self medicating and just covering the symptoms and issues of my problems.
      then after the death of my fiancee in 2011 I broke completely and managed to reach out for help to a local counsling office where I lived at the time and was lucky enough to have gotten a good person to help me. I take 6 meds a day one for depression one for the ptsd and one for the anxiety every morning, and at night 2 for night terrors and one to sleep.
      every week my counslor comes out to the house and we talk and work stuff out and my case manager also comes out and we talk for about 2.5 hours once a week. as well.
      now i do have the distraction of helping My 95 yr old Grandma and partialy disabled Mom with their med.s and appointments and running errands for them. to get groceries and refills on med.s as well as my own. but i do this in the middle of the night when the store is empty or just after they open when they have very few customers at the pick up window at the pharmacy,plus a new Girl friend as well.
      I still fight moments of pure untainted rage and anger with crying and non descrpit mutterings . of anger and frustration daily or about three to four days a week. my biggest trigger is other drivers who drive like complete idiots .
      but with help I have made good improvements. over the last few years so there is a light at the end of the tunnel but you have to be open and honest with those who can help you and want to help you. and with your self as well. about whats in your head and on your mind. so you can get the best help possible and the right medications you may need .

I'm not pretty I'm not graceful I am the inevitable fact of truth.there is no unwinnable situation.
      ogame.support.gameforge.com/en
    • Don't rely on friends too much. People will always let you down, at least once. Some people think they can stop that from happening by attatching themselves to people far more closely than is necessary. Good friends are good, but not perfect.

This, I believe, is why religious people are far less likely to suffer depression [I'm not just making this up]. They know people will let them down, because they are only human too. But they believe in a God who will always love them. ONTOP of this omnipotent force they believe is always backing them, religious people regularly meet other religious people and do things like singing together.

I am not suggesting that you turn to religion whenever your life sucks. What I want people to do is proactively make their lives better

• Believe and actively work towards something bigger than yourself.
      • Meet people at least once a week and slowly build genuine, close friendships.
      • Find an activity you enjoy that you can do in a social setting once per week.

I have already given one example of how you can achieve these three things. There are loads of ways you can tap into these benefits without converting to religion, probably some that you've always wanted to try.
    • Stag wrote:

Don't rely on friends too much. People will always let you down, at least once. Some people think they can stop that from happening by attatching themselves to people far more closely than is necessary. Good friends are good, but not perfect.
      Truly, to quote, "Spend time with those you've a common future, not a common past, with."

Interpret that how you will, it essentially means to let go of those who've wronged you, keep those whom will lend a hand.

Trouble wrote:

Sounds like an expert clicker to me :D

Doc Brown wrote:

I have read several of your posts elsewhere over a number of years. I find your mental state to be disturbing and you probably need professional help.
      What you write in the spam section doesn't have much impact on the game as a whole ... But I don't like to see you attempting to influence normal players in universe 1.