Pre-Merged UNIs archive selectively deleted?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I second every word of what wraith said. I'd gladly have helped saving threads, my own or others'. But this chance was taken from us. As has been so much. Thanks for that.

Thanks to Blackmass for the Signature

My HoF's
      Advanceds: 100+
      Superadvanceds: 40+
      Rip-Kills: 6000+
      Top 10's: 7
    • Well in the pic you can see the date
      I am not here to blame anyone for anything
      its just that deleting the posts is just like deleting the memories of the game

Specially it is done without letting the player knows made it more worse

Please board administrator and whoever in charge and have the authority
      Do something
      And if you cant do something
      Please Resign from your post you guys are no good and this game is dead .
      Images
      • blackmass.png

65.16 kB, 751×206, viewed 114 times

UNI 40 >>> Top 10s >> Many :D
      Uni Mizar >>> Top 10s >> 6
      Uni Nekkar >>> Top 10s >> 14
      Uni Vega >>> Top 10s >> 6
      Uni 1 >>>> Top 10s >> 2

Advanced hits never counted
      HOFS 1000 + :D So i stopped counting
      Over All Top 10s >>> 60+

• I have just made this suggestion direct to the Ogame Product Director, but I will post it here as well.

What I suggest is load up a back up of the .org board into a fresh forum maybe something like "The History Of Ogame Universes" have all but maybe 1 section as read only, then deleted all posts newer then say 2014 and outside of the universe sections.

and if it's possible to load other community backups onto it as well, bring other languages into it as well.
      It would allow the main boards to be cleared up (improving performance), without erasing the vast amount of history involves.

I would be willing to help set it up and organise it.

The sky is not the limit it is only the genesis of dreams.
    • so..everything older than the 1.1.2015 will be deleted
      which means what..11 years of ogame is going to be deleted?

@NMA

thats a lovely thread about saving threads
      its a shame we cannot access old threads because links arent working
      i find the link on google but i get this

The link you are trying to reach is no longer available or invalid.

so..id suggest saving EVERYTHING thats left

'Stalno u kafani..ja sam nesto poput sanka'

'Zaboravljamo heroje i junake,pamtimo samo loše likove'

• But what is the use from a board if there aren't things people post?
      Just for a news?

It's not like this was the biggest database on the world...
      Beside that archive can be always keept separatedly from main board if that's the case. Deleting big part of the board as solution... is terrible and very unique lazy solution.
    • Wraith02 wrote:

I have just made this suggestion direct to the Ogame Product Director, but I will post it here as well.

What I suggest is load up a back up of the .org board into a fresh forum maybe something like "The History Of Ogame Universes" have all but maybe 1 section as read only, then deleted all posts newer then say 2014 and outside of the universe sections.

and if it's possible to load other community backups onto it as well, bring other languages into it as well.
      It would allow the main boards to be cleared up (improving performance), without erasing the vast amount of history involves.

I would be willing to help set it up and organise it.

This sound awesome. Thank you for your effort. Effort nowaday game board staff sadly isn't capable to invest into comunity they manage.. :/

In case this will go through and deletion of newer stuff would require manual work or something (although purge in mysql database directly would be faster and more effective I think) I am willing to contribute with some of my free time too. Just poke me in case of need.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sorcerer ().

• Asto Vidatu wrote:

its a shame we cannot access old threads because links arent working
      i find the link on google but i get this

The link you are trying to reach is no longer available or invalid.
      Yeah thats because someone in woltlab had the glorious idea to change the whole URL-scheme of the board. If you can't find the threads via boardsearch either, you need to search them manually. We run the options to restore the searchfunctionality multiple times but it seems like it still doesn't have everything correct.

@Wraith02: Good idea, but not manageable. It would be easiert to put in a backup, close the board and set up a new one. The way this board is setup is so unorganized and poorly performing in wbb4.1 that we would need to do a lot of things in another way. We will restructre the board in the next time but without deleting any more threads than those mentioned in the newspost (also there will be a poll how we should do it because we have multiple options in mind).

Board Admin
      OGame-Tech Chief
    • I am afraid that newest board staff can't comprehend what they have done in this wipeut of whole ogame.org history... Sooner or later there will be new board staff, but the ruins of this generation will stay ...
      Decade of ogame history gone because some thought that this is a briliant idea to speed up forum.

Yesterday I walked into library and noticed that thousands and thousands of books are missing.
      I asked librarian what's going on, what happened with all those beautiful books collected from all over the world and he responded: "oh, place where we store books became overcrowded, this caused us problems, so we burned all old books. Several thousands of them". Now there's place for all new books!"

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sorcerer ().

• Sorcerer wrote:

I am afraid that newest board staff can't comprehend what they have done in this wipeut of whole ogame.org history... Sooner or later there will be new board staff, but the ruins of this generation will stay ...
      Decade of ogame history gone because some thought that this is a briliant idea to speed up forum.
      A DECADE!
      In my case 8 years, u deleted my 8 years of ogame! I feel like shit, and i can only think how people that were more active then me, and had more hofs, more threads opened, feel.

U need to give us back our hofs. U mush bring back at least that part of the forum, i guess people have most memories on those threads.

"I asked librarian what's going on, what happened with all those beautiful books collected from all over the world and he responded: "oh, place where we store books became overcrowded, this caused us problems, so we burned all old books. Several thousands of them". Now there's place for all new books!"

This is how GF sees us. Nobody should be using this forum ever again. :nono

The post was edited 1 time, last by ugljendioksid ().

• ugljendioksid wrote:

This is how GF sees us. Nobody should be using this forum ever again.
      Can't blame GF for this one? NMA already said, this was a staff decision, not due to GF.....

all the uni's I played and posted in have already been deleted, so the "save threads" thing is no use to me.

I do have an ingame screenshot of me beating sorcerer :P in the ranks in uni14 to smile at, but prolly not as nostalgic for me as being able to see my only advanced hit ...as uni 39 got burned :k
      Three great forces rule the world:
      stupidity, fear and greed

Proud past member of
      The Pint Triling Naked Reindeer of the Apocalypse [Naked] (
      Polaris) and Wahnsinn (#1 alliance uni39/44)

sleeping member of
      Legends (#1 alliance betelgeuse)
    • revol wrote:

ugljendioksid wrote:

This is how GF sees us. Nobody should be using this forum ever again.
      Can't blame GF for this one? NMA already said, this was a staff decision, not due to GF.....
      all the uni's I played and posted in have already been deleted, so the "save threads" thing is no use to me.

I do have an ingame screenshot of me beating sorcerer :P in the ranks in uni14 to smile at, but prolly not as nostalgic for me as being able to see my only advanced hit ...as uni 39 got burned :k
      even worse, those are the people that play with us all these years.
    • I still cant believe this shit
      over 25 - 30 top 10s gone of mine :(
      and i never counted my super advanced but its pretty high as well

probably the worst board of staff i have seen the one which we have now
      The sooner they step down the better it is for the game i guess

UNI 40 >>> Top 10s >> Many :D
      Uni Mizar >>> Top 10s >> 6
      Uni Nekkar >>> Top 10s >> 14
      Uni Vega >>> Top 10s >> 6
      Uni 1 >>>> Top 10s >> 2

Advanced hits never counted
      HOFS 1000 + :D So i stopped counting
      Over All Top 10s >>> 60+

• I have been plying this game for 10+ years and still "reminisce" about the old uni 8 days with some of the old guys. I would have really liked a heads up so I could copy these things.

A simple... hey in 1 month would have sufficed.

Board Admin - Ogame.us
      SMOD / GO - Ogame.se
    • Although its disappointing to loose those really really valuable board points (literally who gives a fuck about board points) its sad to see some greats get deleted from the history of the game. Graf Zahl/ Eve & Mxc in u6. EviL from uni 33 (ish), the sweedish guy who did a solar sat ninja in a x1 uni before insta build and others who made the game what it once was.

Sad times, but history is history.

Maybe they might actually make the board active again by fixing ogame at some point. that might be a more productive use of time. but im just a lowly pay-to-play customer, what do i know.
      if one email was sent to all emails attached to accounts in vmode offering a €10 coupon to come back and play, it might actually make the game a better place, and thus a bigger earner.

Arcane
      [Muppets] & [CLOSED]
      BIGGEST x2 hit in .org

• Good job deleting all the history of Ogame.org. Awesome.

I'm not impressed at all on the lack of informing us players. Just keep up at the good work to inform us where we can spend our hardworked money on DarkMatter. That's very impressive. Every week a heads up that I can spend money on DarkMatter and that I am a fool if not taking that chance to buy DarkMatter but letting me know the complete history of Uni2 and Uni4 are gone because the speed of this board is too slow for some people....

No, I'm not impressed neither I'm mad, just dissapointment and more dissapointed over the reaction of; "Oeps, sorry, my mistake. Can happen. Suck it up. KKthnxbye".

#EndRant
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    • I've been in at least 16 uni's in .org, a few in .us and .de, plus a few others around the place in my ten or so years in OGame, a lot of history. So to find out that most of it has been or is being erased is disappointing to say the least but unfortunately not entirely surprising. One can only hope the anything done in the future by GF or staff is handled far better because this is a joke.
    • If you guys spent more than the 5 seconds required to angrily smash your face into your keyboard you would've noticed they're performing a backup to restore the deleted posts.

Not that that wouldn't just make people upset about all their amazing posts from the past 7 days.
    • NoMoreAngel wrote:

@Wraith02: Good idea, but not manageable. It would be easiert to put in a backup, close the board and set up a new one. The way this board is setup is so unorganized and poorly performing in wbb4.1 that we would need to do a lot of things in another way. We will restructre the board in the next time but without deleting any more threads than those mentioned in the newspost (also there will be a poll how we should do it because we have multiple options in mind).
      If you were referring to this umakhelwane then please read it again.