It's been a blast folks

• It's been a blast folks

So, here I am. At the end of an era, an era I sometimes thought would never end...

p.s. I have a lot to say, given it's been 12 years so forgive the wall of text. I'm splitting it off to make it easier if you want to skip anything :search:

My story:

I guess I should start off by saying wow, what a ride it has been. I started this game in the IT room at school with Firestorm and a couple other guys all the way back in 2004. I don't know if it was uni1 or uni3 we started but I know we both got banned for multi accounting fairly swiftly in uni3 (for obvious reasons of playing in the same room at school). Nontheless we continued playing the game together, starting in pretty much each universe before going to the next one and so on. For me personally, I didn't really get into the game properly for another 5 years, and a couple short breaks here and there in between. Before then I was playing for s**ts and giggles, not really knowing or caring about how to play the game properly.

Fast forward a chunk of time and we reach the war with the turk alliances in uni35, where everything began... War Machine enters the stage

By this stage, you'll probably be guessing and you'd be right, everything changed for better or worse. We chased one of the turkish players who I would probably give a medal for bravery. We cornered him and almost had him, for the antics of anticor stopped us and, as you can probably guess, set forth another series of events that changed everything again. All of a sudden, I was launched into a bigger war, from my own choosing, against the perpetrators of this act. Along with War Machine and proangel I joined up with O.M (foundation of RLO today). proangel and myself decide to move on... nirO believed we were leaving because we had blown our cover.

Display Spoiler
      If you're reading this nirO. Cupo had access to a skype account in O.M the whole time. I only found out a long time later

Insert typical accusations of being a spy... with a topping of War Machine and the rest of O.M turning on us two

Although Inquisition wasn't involved against O.M, things quickly changed. Most of you guys know about the ensuing wars between Inquisition/Felon/O.M and the wars that then evolved into the struggle of LOS vs RIO.

During these times I had the pleasure of growing friendships with some of the guys that made it with us to the very end of my OGame career

These events I've laid out are the cause of everything you know me for today.

I don't need to do a catch up on the next part, that's documented well enough already :topicclosed: ...Fast forward to the merge

After MindWars unfair ban we all quit pretty much, but with the merge we had a chance, a very slight chance to get our revenge on WM. Promptly, we decided to push as hard as we could to reverse MindWars ban, and we got success. That was the catalyst for us to come back and form the old LOS team for one last ride. We then met up with our associate in electra, ViS, and reached Solidarity. The rest is history and man that night was the best night I ever had gaming. I'll never forget it. The execution was perfect, I almost had a serious issue controlling my heart rate throughout the flight and smack. The biggest hit ever recorded and crashing the Quantum server at the same time... not many folks get to say that and even though I didn't participate in the hit itself it was still amazing to be a part of :thumbsup:

After that we had reached our goals and one by one, walked away from the game.

Why I'm quitting:

Well... simply put... I've done everything I set out to do in the game that I said (and promised I would) when I first started taking this game seriously :complaingrumble:

Roughly speaking... this was the conversation

Kaldor: I'm going to be rank 1 in .org watch this space
      Firestorm: Good luck with that one (as if that's ever going to happen)

One way or another, and I'll address some of this in my general thread (to be linked in) I got there. As well as that, I participated on the biggest hit in OGame, reached rank 1 military, made a handful of big hits of all varieties, and my very last hit was incidently my biggest solo hit (not to mention the biggest solo hit worldwide except for the fact it was a planned suicide so not really :stick: )

Along the way I got the opportunity to meet a lot of different people. Some who I wish I would never have had the pleasure of meeting (you know who you are) but more importantly some players who i firmly believe I'll know well for the rest of my life. I hope to meet you guys one day IRL so we can trade stories and reminisce.

Honourable mentions:

Well to be honest there are so many, so I think it's best if I start in chronological order and by universe. If I forget anyone... I'm truly sorry :headbanging:

Uni 1: I didn't get to play with you guys (in both instances) but I had a lot of fun chatting nonetheless. I wish you both JeB and R-B good luck in your wars against the rest of them
      Uni 21/29/31: Thanks for everything
      Uni35: Man... what a ride we went on. I had the pleasure of meeting some great people over the years in uni35, some of whom I was talking with to some degree or another right until the end. moromete... Ninja.... Predator... Doc. We had some fun times for sure and for predator we even wound up on opposite sides... go figure. Anyway, it was fun the whole way through. Thanks for that :)
      Quantum: Although most of my Quantum friendships were within the walls of Unity I did have the pleasure of meeting some new faces. Ruger, it was great talking to you too. Shame we couldn't fly on much together in the end

Evrid: Thanks for handing in the best alliance application I've ever seen :thumbsup:

Ancients, Blackmass, Sharkz, Downfall, Exoh: Well guys I had a blast, thanks for all the great times we had in these short few months playing together. I'll still be around on discord, you know that too, so I will never leave you even though I have done ingame :love:
      Solidarity/Ben: Thanks for giving me the chance to play your account. It was a blast :beer:
      DragianX: During our years together in Uni35 and our brief time together in Quantum you were almost a mentor to me, especially towards the end and I apologise for not reaching out to you after you left us. All I can say is :censored: got way too much for me :( I hope we can chat again someday soon.

Zkiller: Thanks for everything man. We had a lot of fun together ingame and you were even there for me in private conversation for me to get some :censored: off my chest. Thanks for all the advice, and for listening. I'm going to miss playing OGame with you :love:
      Umakhelwane: Our resident #unitycorruptioncircle man :buckteeth: Even though you liked your .de and runescaping a bit too much you were great to play with. Thanks for everything :thumbup:
      MindWar - Man... I've never met a player as dedicated as you are. I had a lot of fun flying together, blinding noobs and such. It was great :beer:
      Tiago - Mr 17k... even though you let that happen you were always part of the family and it was great having you around during those years!
      Blckice - We had a lot of fun together back in Inquisition and going onwards nuking, bashing, and destroying our enemies. I'll never forget those nuking parterships :huntsman:
      lynn - We didn't meet until the merge when like you've said, we offered you the chance to be in LOS. I can't put my finger on the exact wording... but... well... you elevated quickly in the rankings because of the effort and sacrifices you made to progress the alliance. I will never forget the things you did for the alliance, nor will the rest of us who know. We didn't get to accomplish too much together (in terms of acs etc) ingame but I had a lot of fun chatting and such with you and the rest of the alliance on discord and skype :)
      proangel - pro... you were a bundle of impulsive fun to be around. I won't lie, your energy was a bit much for me to handle at times but you were a hell of a player to play with, even though I guided you into that trap one time :headbanging:
      Tirnoch - My German bro... we didn't get to know each other until the merge and I'm glad you picked LOS over RIO, I really am. We had a lot of fun together watching each others backs as well as tag teaming on players here and there. I'm proud to have flown with you on Ikaros for our final propper top 10. That was a nice move to pull off for certain. Had we continued to play I'm sure we would've achieved a lot more :thumbup:
      Iris - My latin bro & resident weeb... you were there at times to give me straight up real life advice. You said I was a brother to you and the feelings are mutual. It was great fun playing with you :love:

Dishonourable mentions:

War Machine: You gave us a very good fight. Even though I disagree with the beginnings as well as some of the tactics used, you did what you had to to beat us. Well played and enjoy your time in Quantum, even though it's going to be awfully quiet.

Final comments:

To see the rest of the reasons for why myself and the rest of us decided to quit... go to our hit and go to my comments in the general section (once I make the post)

The Hit

What will I do now?:

I think the saying goes... enjoy a mojito on a beach in rio...

Last but by far not least:

My IRL buddy Firestorm. I couldn't have done any of this without you m8 and I'm sorry to leave you playing this game still. Who knows maybe you'll see the light and come play something else with me instead. OGame has been a huge part of both our lives and has definitely solidified our friendship over the years. Here's to many more years of that :beer:

To everyone I had the pleasure or displeasure of playing with and watching. Thanks for all the memories....

Kaldor: 2004-2017

Kaldor over and out!

~ Top 10s: 13(17) + Assist on WorldWide Number 1 + Worldwide Number 2 (suicide) ~ RiPs: 78.662 ~
      So long and thanks for all the fish!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kaldor ().

• Enjoy the long nights and sunlight man! Wish i could say "sucks to see you go" but that would be a lie... I'm happy for you man =)
      -----------------------------------TRIGGER WARNING---------------------------------------

The above message may contain sarcasm and is not to be taken seriously
      If offended i sugest applying a generous amount of aloe vera on butthurt area.

-----------------------------------TRIGGER WARNING---------------------------------------

Former IO.org god
    • Bla bla bla bla bla.... 99% of spilling your heart and 101% BS!!

"
      Kaldor: I'm going to be rank 1 in .org watch this space
      Firestorm: Good luck with that one (as if that's ever going to happen)
      "

You never got to #1 on your own account. It is easy to take over a top 3 account and push it to #1, any noob can do that.

So next time you start a uni, get to #1 on your own account and without pushing it like you have done in Quantum. I still bank on what Firestorm said, you are not able to do it on your own efforts without cheating.

Thanks for leaving OGame, you are by far the worst player I have seen in OGame. In my opinion, you have achieved nothing but show how easy it is to cheat. You are disgusting!!

thanks Shed for the sig
    • Glirl to you and the others, after everything rl has to come first and this game is long past it's glory days.

Was good reading about how to started this game, reminds me of exactly how I started also, however all those school friends have long since quit.

Best of luck to the lot of you.
      Erebos
    • Not sure why we were always on the opposite sides but you've been around for some time almost as long as me.
      God luck out side this game.
      "So if I pay real money to get DM and convert it into resources. If some one raids me are they liable for theft?"

• I'm just going to say : THANK YOU UNITY For EVERYTHING THAT YOU ACCOMPLISH .GOING AGAINST SOMEONE WHO WAS UNBETABLE AND CRASH HIM TO PIECE IS HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT. YOUR N1 HALL OF FAME WILL BE THERE FOR A LONG TIME OR MAYBE FOREVER .

THIS IS FOR WAR_MACHINE AND HIS NOOBISH FRIENDS/FELOWS -NO MATTER HOW MUCH DARK MATTER YOU USE ( YOU WAR_MACHINE USE IT XXXXXXYYYYY XD OR MAYBE MORE THEN THIS) AND HOW MUCH YOUR FLEET IT IS RIGHT NOW, THE ONLY THING IS TO SAY THAT YOU WILL BE IN N.1. BUT ON THE WRONG SIDE FOREVER OR MAYBE YOU WILL HAVE THE N.1. IF YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE UNITY HAVE DONE

THANK YOU GUYS FOR CRASH HIM AND HAVE THE BIGGEST FIGHT IN OGAME! GL I RL
    • AweSome wrote:

I'm just going to say : THANK YOU UNITY For EVERYTHING THAT YOU ACCOMPLISH .GOING AGAINST SOMEONE WHO WAS UNBETABLE AND CRASH HIM TO PIECE IS HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT. YOUR N1 HALL OF FAME WILL BE THERE FOR A LONG TIME OR MAYBE FOREVER .

THIS IS FOR WAR_MACHINE AND HIS NOOBISH FRIENDS/FELOWS -NO MATTER HOW MUCH DARK MATTER YOU USE ( YOU WAR_MACHINE USE IT XXXXXXYYYYY XD OR MAYBE MORE THEN THIS) AND HOW MUCH YOUR FLEET IT IS RIGHT NOW, THE ONLY THING IS TO SAY THAT YOU WILL BE IN N.1. BUT ON THE WRONG SIDE FOREVER OR MAYBE YOU WILL HAVE THE N.1. IF YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE UNITY HAVE DONE

You should seriously think about getting some medicine, whoever you are.

I´m a big fan of texts written with proper grammar and punctuation. Props for that. :thumbup:
      As much as I believe it´s either WM or Solidarity who deserve the sole crown to the Ogame throne, you and Tirnoch did put up quite a show.
      Wherever you got the Deep Space from, it´s gonna stay a part of .org forevermore, and the hit on Ikaros is one of the best hits ever pulled, assuming it´s all clean (my apologies, I tend to never forget the 1% possibility :shrug: ).

Always an observer,never important, I´ve watched carefully Electra and especially U35 struggles over the years. It was refreshing to hear some O.M./LOS stories from one of the originals.
      As much as I believe it´s a mistake to so abruptly close the doors, it´s a blast that´s gonna be heard all over Ogame.
      I was looking forward to Round 2 now that WM is back, he will almost certainly not let his past errors repeat again, but I guess with Ben gone and MW taking off the pilot hat, there´s no real drive to try take him down again. The second time would either not happen or wouldn´t make as much of an impression.

Even though I´m in the WM corner, I enjoyed your show. As Spock would say, live long and prosper.
    • LegacyOfDawn wrote:

AweSome wrote:

I'm just going to say : THANK YOU UNITY For EVERYTHING THAT YOU ACCOMPLISH .GOING AGAINST SOMEONE WHO WAS UNBETABLE AND CRASH HIM TO PIECE IS HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT. YOUR N1 HALL OF FAME WILL BE THERE FOR A LONG TIME OR MAYBE FOREVER .

You should seriously think about getting some medicine, whoever you are.
      I´m a big fan of texts written with proper grammar and punctuation. Props for that. :thumbup:
      As much as I believe it´s either WM or Solidarity who deserve the sole crown to the Ogame throne, you and Tirnoch did put up quite a show.
      Wherever you got the Deep Space from, it´s gonna stay a part of .org forevermore, and the hit on Ikaros is one of the best hits ever pulled, assuming it´s all clean (my apologies, I tend to never forget the 1% possibility :shrug: ).

Always an observer,never important, I´ve watched carefully Electra and especially U35 struggles over the years. It was refreshing to hear some O.M./LOS stories from one of the originals.
      As much as I believe it´s a mistake to so abruptly close the doors, it´s a blast that´s gonna be heard all over Ogame.
      I was looking forward to Round 2 now that WM is back, he will almost certainly not let his past errors repeat again, but I guess with Ben gone and MW taking off the pilot hat, there´s no real drive to try take him down again. The second time would either not happen or wouldn´t make as much of an impression.

Even though I´m in the WM corner, I enjoyed your show. As Spock would say, live long and prosper.
      I DIDN'T INSULT ANYBODY SO PLS EDIT YOU FIRST LINE OF YOUR MESSAGE IT IS JUST DISRESPECTFUL FOR ANY USERS . CALL SOMEBODY NOOBS IT IS A NICE AND FUNNY JOKS AND PRANKS BUT WRITING THE FIRST LINE OF YOUR MESSAGE IS TOTALY A DIFFERENT THING. I DID SAY AND COMPARE WM TO SOMEONE INVICIBLE OR UNBETABLE AND HE WAS DON'T GIVE ME WRONG, BUT THEY KICK HIS ASS SO HE ISNT ANYMORE AND THIS IS A FACT. SOLIDARITY N1, AND HE DESERVE IT JUST FOR THE FACT THAT HE DID DESTROY HIM, AND SOLIDARITY RETIRED AND HE WILL REMAIN UNBETABLE , WM 2 ,JUST FOR THE FACT THAT HE ISN'T UNBETABLE AND THAT IS IT. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY IS SO BAD TO BE N2 . IT IS HUGE ACCOMPLISHEMNT. BUT IF YOU CAN+T DEAL WITH IT JUST FOR THE FACT OF HOW MANY RESOURCE OR DARK MATTER HE SPENT THAT HE DESERVE TO BE N1 WELL I'M SORRY. . AND AGAIN GL I RL .
    • Good luck in rl Kaldor. Sorry our interactions were less than amicable. C'est la vie. I hope you enjoyed your time with the game and forged strong friendships. Ultimately, that's all that matters. :)

Wish you all the best.
      "There isn't much that I feel I'd need/ A solid soul and the blood I bleed"