Start a planet on slot 15?

• Start a planet on slot 15?

Hello, after a couple of years I returned back to Ogame.
      Now I was wondering, is it worth it to rush Astrophysics to level 8 (on a new server) to build a Deut only planet? or just go for a focus on all planet on spot 7/8/9?
      I tried to find a answer on google, but lot of different answers!
    • As a miner I have all my planets at 10-12. I tried doing a slot 15 but its to expensive to power and didn't really see the benefits as much as I wanted.
      Doing this early on I can only imagine it slowing your progress rather than speeding it up. Keep in mind your solar sats will only bring you +4 energy or so.
    • Allucien wrote:

As a miner I have all my planets at 10-12. I tried doing a slot 15 but its to expensive to power and didn't really see the benefits as much as I wanted.
      Doing this early on I can only imagine it slowing your progress rather than speeding it up. Keep in mind your solar sats will only bring you +4 energy or so.
      thank you! what is the reason you build at 10-12? :)! and do you build you planets close by each other? or far away ?
    • Ok i have my planets as a miner 3 to a system to build up each of those planets faster.

and in each galaxy around the 200 to 300 areas. i ship resources twice a day to avoid attacks and have a moderate defense of 2 to 5k PT. i have 14 planets
      and they range from slot 4 to slot 12 what i did was colonize larger planets and move them to the 12 slot for deut production
      out of 14 planets i have 3 in a 12 slot. the rest are slots 4 thru 9 average of 240 firlds to 250 fields.
      and what you want to do is get your first 8 planets then research plasma to about level 15 to 16 it increases your mine production now.
      and then get those 8 planets to around 33/30/29 and then go for planets 9 thru 14 or 9 thru 11 and then upgrade all mines to 40/36/35 then do plasma 16 to 19 and save for your next set of two planets then take your mines to 44/38/40 .

but thats me and how I would do it.
      image host

ogame.support.gameforge.com/en
    • Pixxel wrote:

Allucien wrote:

As a miner I have all my planets at 10-12. I tried doing a slot 15 but its to expensive to power and didn't really see the benefits as much as I wanted.
      thank you! what is the reason you build at 10-12? :)! and do you build you planets close by each other? or far away ?
      10-12 because they are still decent sized and lower temperature. The lower the temperature the higher the deuterium production. So you going to a slot 15 is only for deuterium production. You can get cold planets at slots 10-12 and still have them big enough to develop your account with. My coldest planet is -50 at the moment.
      My planet spread is from 1-7 galaxies with 2 deploys and others for farming and what have you
    • It is never worth it doing planets where you only mine one resource. You need all three types of mines on all planets, in an appropriate ratio to each other (e.g. 12/34/28 i rubbish, but 35/30/31 would be quite good).
      It follows then, that you should get big planets to have the space for the above, as well as all the other buildings you need. Slot 15 planets are under almost all circumstances way too small for this (with a possible exception of single speed universes with +25 field bonus to all planets).

The reason 10-12 was mentioned earlier, is that 200+ field planets (which is the usual standard most set for minimum size to keep) is still possible here, but they are also on the colder end of the spectrum yielding more deut.
      Most people just choose to go for slots 7-9 for maximum size, with some later relocation those big planets out to slot 12 for maximum deut output (planets in slots 4-12 cannot be relocated into a 1-3 or 13-15 slot, so 12 is the coldest possible for the big planets).
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS

Kamil wrote:

Authority and rules are created to be opposed :D
    • The best way to get a slot 15 is to colonise a slot 3 until you get the biggest possible size, then relocate to slot 15. The deut production increase is quite good and I haven't had to sacrifice other mines. I currently have 37/31/34 on my slot 15
      Display Spoiler
      Uni 44 ASSASSIN - HoFs = 362 (inc. 129 Adv. + 19 Sup. Adv. + 1 Top 10 ACS)
      RIPs Killed = 1497

HoFs Against = 0
    • if u have Dm to play with

either colo slots 8 for size and relo to 12 for tems

or if u have lots of Dm

colo slot 3 for max possible size from 1-3 13-15 brackets ( 182 fields )

then relo to slot 15 for best temp

get +15 DM fields ofc in +25field uni to max out deut prod/plannet size possible

DM costly but pays off alot

u get up to 18 more fields that at cost of 240k DM per planet.

my self after colonizing over 650 slot 8 plannets nearest i ever come from theoritical max was 7fields off, so there is that factor to consider that max doesnt mean u gona get anywhere near it lol

slot 3 max size - 182 + 25fields uni bonus + tera lv 10 = 262 fields total with 252 usable + (15DM field bonus = 277/267)

slot 15 max size - 164 + 25fields uni bonus + tera lvl 10 = 244 fields total with 234 usable + (15DM field bonus = 259/249)

all in all u dont even have to buy DM, extra fields or tera so high, im only listing potentials for slot 15 ,

you probly end up with tera 7 and like 10off max planet size to start with if u invest 100colo + lol , so you still looking at 200 + without any relos or DM

DM gives you +18 fields from relo slots 3 to 15 and +15 field bonus, so you can get 33total fields more if u using DM.

all in all slot 15 planets are worth alot if u bothered to either invest DM in it or colonise 100s of plannets to get decent sizes, rely on fusions and tera the hell out of it in 25% fields uni
      The Cigarette Smoking Man:
      My story's scared every president since Truman in '47.

Unity
    • Cancerman wrote:

slot 15 max size - 164 + 25fields uni bonus + tera lvl 10 = 244 fields total with 234 usable + (15DM field bonus = 259/249)
      Terra level 10 on a slot 15 planet, now that would take a few satellites :headbanging:

In my opinion, it's not worth going for the slot 15, unless you got a decent amount of DM to invest. Myself as a miner just go for the 230-ish planets on slot 7-8-9 (usually only takes a few shots in +25 field universes) and then just move them to slot 12 when there's a relocation event. it's 180K DM each planet and you still have decent deut production and no need for thousands of satellites to keep the mines running. 6-7k sats can easily make you a target if there's huge fleets around.