How do you fleet?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you fleet?

Hello everyone 8o

I'd like to know whats your choice of ships and the moment of building a cool fleet. I've heard several players saying that bombers are useless, destroyers are useless, heavy fighters are useless, etc. So I'd to like to see whats your opinion about it and maybe learn something!

What are your ratios? (100 lfs per bs for example, or 1k lfs for rip idk) and stuff like that :P

Edit: I think its important to mention your uni's distinctions as well. I play in x5 eco x speed, 70% df :) and no def to debris

Minu
    • Same answer as has been given literally thousands of times before in this game: There is no golden ratio to fleeting. What works depends incredibly more on the individual player than anything else, and because of that nobody but yourself can tell you what works for you. It's all a trial and error process every player must go through individually.
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS

Kamil wrote:

Authority and rules are created to be opposed :D
    • if u want fast fleet and not going for turtles and something like that, u can for only for light fighters cruisers and battlecruisers. Same should be if u are trying to catch someone with firepower :D
      u can build battleships too, those are ok. And my ratio would be for every 1k bs or bc, at least 5k lfs, and for every 1k cruisers, 4k lfs. That looks nice now in my head, i didnt use fleet for some time so i'm not sure xD u can go a little more or a little less with this numbers, but thats something u should try to have :)
      yeah, dont build bombers and heavy fighters. Always have enough recyclers, at least enough to put ur fleet in them.
      if u want to take turtles down, go for destroyers they are good for fleet and for defense. U will have a little more dmg when attacking turtles with them and not bombers, but u can use them for fleet too, so its better :) thats is my opinion, there will be people coming here now to tell u how to build only heavy fighters and bombers xD

dark depression is right, but we can always help a little, just so u decide whats better for u.
    • Dark Depresion wrote:

Same answer as has been given literally thousands of times before in this game: There is no golden ratio to fleeting. What works depends incredibly more on the individual player than anything else, and because of that nobody but yourself can tell you what works for you. It's all a trial and error process every player must go through individually.
      kinda rude answer though lol dw be happy im not new though, I think ive been here even longer than you, I just like to read opinions because sometimes you can learn new ways of playing and tactics :P

ugljendioksid wrote:

if u want fast fleet and not going for turtles and something like that, u can for only for light fighters cruisers and battlecruisers. Same should be if u are trying to catch someone with firepower :D
      u can build battleships too, those are ok. And my ratio would be for every 1k bs or bc, at least 5k lfs, and for every 1k cruisers, 4k lfs. That looks nice now in my head, i didnt use fleet for some time so i'm not sure xD u can go a little more or a little less with this numbers, but thats something u should try to have :)
      yeah, dont build bombers and heavy fighters. Always have enough recyclers, at least enough to put ur fleet in them.
      if u want to take turtles down, go for destroyers they are good for fleet and for defense. U will have a little more dmg when attacking turtles with them and not bombers, but u can use them for fleet too, so its better :) thats is my opinion, there will be people coming here now to tell u how to build only heavy fighters and bombers xD

dark depression is right, but we can always help a little, just so u decide whats better for u.
      i used a similar ratio back in uni35, so you n me kinda like similar fleets :D But yeah I guess I should get rid of my bombers, kinda useless res spent Thanks for your answer

threeflipskat3r wrote:

70% df and 5x speed do a massive fodder fleet you get most of your losses back with the 70%

do lke 20k lf 1k cr 500 bcr ratio or something like that
      Thank you. I'll start queuing asap lol. The other day I started fooling around with thrashsim and yeah all you need in 70%df is big fodder lmao.

Minu
    • I have never attacked with a LF or BS in 11 years of playing apart from LF against the odd minor target

as a rough guide.....

HF are good for raiding against small defences
      Crus against RL and LF
      Bcrs against most things except PTs and RIPs
      Dessies are good against PTs - RIPs are even better lol

remember in a 70% to DF you need 2.5 times more recs than usual
      ~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 570~ ~ ~475 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
      ~~ RIP 6827+
    • Vulcan_558 wrote:

remember in a 70% to DF you need 2.5 times more recs than usual[/color]
      Remember that when you sim. Especially with upgraded recs. Deut for those recs will often be 3 or 4 times greater than the deut required to send the attack itself. So a hit may look profitable when simming it, but sims don't factor in the deut for recs, so it may end up being a massive loss instead.
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS

Kamil wrote:

Authority and rules are created to be opposed :D
    • Also as someone mentioned HF are great for raiding light defenses. I keep about 10k of them as many times I find defenses that are too tough for LF/CR but the target is too far also to warrant BS or dessys so HF make an appearance.

Now about bombers yes they suck on their own when you look at them but paired with dessys they are GREAT let me explain. You find a turtle with large amounts of fodder and some PT or an RIP behind it so dessys are the perfect ship for the job, now say you sim and need 10k dessys to break though with profits but the target is 30ss away this will cost you a pretty penny of deut, now I find most of the time you can send 1k BM and 5k dessys in place and take relatively the same losses maybe slightly higher but you get nearly half the deut savings. So the BM can be looked at as more of a profit maximizing ship.

These are specific examples and if you are just a casual fleet crasher might not apply to you but if you want to be able to make a profit out of the most possible situations dont neglect those 2 ships
      Uni 1 ~ Retired
      Taurus ~ Mining
      Zibal ~ Fleeterish
    • Now that's the ultimate question, how to fleet? :D

Let's see, first of all, no ships are useless. Some of them are just a bit more situational than others. Now break it down:

Light fighters, are your main fodder. meatshields soaking bullets, whatever you call it. You need these in massive numbers regardless of your fleet comp. They can counter nearly anything with some backup.
      Heavy fighters are rarely used due to their lack of rapid fire and they are bad fodders because of the high crystal cost yet they can come in handy every now and then...
      Cruisers are your best counter against light fighters with their rapid fire, you'll need a bucket load of these ships. They can also be used for minor raids to take out cargoes/light defences.
      Battleships are some cheap firepower. They are really good in the early game but later on when battlecruisers come around they lose their effectiveness. But it's always good to have some around. They have some really good firepower afterall. The issue with them is the fuel costs and the lack of rapid fire.
      Battlecruisers are the main ship. Good against pretty much everything (except maybe raw destroyer fleets) and are hard to counter. You can delete almost any type of fleet with these badboys. They are a bit expensive to build that's why it takes a while to have a massive number of them but it's totally worth it by the long shot. Also cheap to fly.
      Bombers are only used for breaking turtles is 1x and 2x fleetspeed universes, 3x or higher better go with rips. You need a pretty decent number of them to be effective (around 2000 to start off with) and combined with destroyers they make a really good team crashing small fleets behind turtles. The fuel cost is somewhere above heaven so you need plenty of turtles around to actually make it profitable to build and fly it.
      Destroyers are really good! Idk who told you they were useless, they were wrong about that! Best counter to battlecruisers (which is a popular thing to have) and also the best counter agains rips. Since rips have an insanely high rapid fire against everything but they destroyer, it's easy to break that round by round with fewer losses! The reason why people doesn't like 'em is because of the fuel costs and the slow speed. So they might be a bit tricky to use but if you hit something with a decent number of them, it is going down regardless of what it is. :spiteful: Yet the best way to counter them is with light fighters in at least 10x times of the destroyers and some battleships/destroyers behind it.
      Deathstars are kind of useless in one way and incredible in an other. Rip raids are some really profitable stuff in high fleetspeed unies, you need a decent number of them to hit turtles and stuff with profit but if you do it right, the payback's short. In slow universes they just blow up moons, be the baits or just simply pull off some super epic jumgateninjas.

About cargoes, it's good to have both small and large cargoes, both have it's ups and downs.
      and the there's the garbage trucks, if you think you have enough, you're wrong, build more because you can never have too many of them. :D fuel bill is high tho, especially with upgraded drivers.

Now about the rapid fire, good2know stuff so you can counter and avoid being countered with some type of ships. Just open the techtree and learn it.
      the higher the number :arrow: the more it shots :arrow: the more you lose/gain :arrow: the more profit you make. and at the end of the day, that's what matters, right?

As many players already wrote it down, you better find your own fleet build ratio. Myself as an example (a peaceful miner with temper issues)
      on 100.000LF I got
      0 HF
      10.000 cruisers
      2000 BS
      3000 BC
      0 Bombers
      1500 dessies
      and 50 rips
      and 15.000 to 18.000-ish recylers the pick up all the garbage the create. This fleet is used for raiding and taking out minor fleets/miner cargo fleets and those LF are also viable to set up some emergency ninjas.
      This fleet flies in a 70% DF 2xspeed uni

Keep on playing till you find your own favorite comp. :thumbup:
    • Damn guys nice explanations! I rly read and loved them both lol :) As Oberon is kinda dying (well, OGame is dying) I think the raiding on inactive turtles is rly happening so bombers+dessies might rly work for me atm. I'm going to follow the massive fodder thing on lfs and the bcs, don't know about rips yet though cuz creating a cool fleet of those is kinda expensive lol. Anyways thank you both! :D

Minu
    • In oberon, don't build bombers, its not worth it! The rips are fast there and have better rapid fire. 50-ish rips are enough to start raiding turtles, it might be a draw the first few time but it will eventually break and you can hit the loot/fleet behind it with profit.

Just make sure you sim right so you don't lose any of them and also look out for timebacks. Watch fleeters activity around and make sure you have fleet& recylers standing by to defend and collect when the rips return.