Thoughts on Anime?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thoughts on Anime?

What does everyone think about Anime?
      Personally I'm not a fan and think it's quite boring, you always have to read subtitles, the animations are way over the top and the story lines often time are not very in depth.

Is it just me that dislikes Anime and finds it tedious?
    • SnowWolf wrote:

Yes, it's just you. And you need to understand this in general. When ever you feel like asking "IS IT JUST ME?" about anything you need to know it is just you. You are the problem, you need to reconsider your life and rethink your ideologies to find out why are you the only one, what went wrong for you to turn out like that.

Which path led you there and how can you return to the right path? That's up to you to find out.
      Just a boy playing some dotes.
    • Daydreamer wrote:

SnowWolf wrote:

Yes, it's just you. And you need to understand this in general. When ever you feel like asking "IS IT JUST ME?" about anything you need to know it is just you. You are the problem, you need to reconsider your life and rethink your ideologies to find out why are you the only one, what went wrong for you to turn out like that.

Which path led you there and how can you return to the right path? That's up to you to find out.

Really, it's just me that feels this way about Anime? From what I've seen across the internet there are quite a large number of people who feel and think the same way, we are entitled to our opinion.
    • I think you need a proper introductory anime. I would recommend watching Bleach as a starter. In regards to the subtitles its just something comes along with the dubbed being so far behind the initial Japanese release.
      When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
    • SnowWolf wrote:

Really, it's just me that feels this way about Anime? From what I've seen across the internet there are quite a large number of people who feel and think the same way, we are entitled to our opinion.
      What? You know there are other people who think the same way but still you decided to ask "is it just me?". Why would you do that?
      Just a boy playing some dotes.
    • Anime... It's just an art-style, otherwise you can just call them cartoons, because they really are just cartoons.

Trouble wrote:

Sounds like an expert clicker to me :D

Doc Brown wrote:

I have read several of your posts elsewhere over a number of years. I find your mental state to be disturbing and you probably need professional help.
      What you write in the spam section doesn't have much impact on the game as a whole ... But I don't like to see you attempting to influence normal players in universe 1.
    • Anime is the most disgusting and degenerate form of media to have ever besmirched this beautiful world with its presence. Just today I saw a group of young people at university crouched around a laptop watching Chinese archipelago moving motion pictures; these youths were barely alive and sentient by even the most lenient standards. Instead of withering away in front of LCD screens they could be curing cancer, colonizing Mars, or making my McDouble at McDonalds, but even if they wanted too they could not for their hands were weak and feeble, their very essence, spirit, and soul having been sucked away by two dimensional succubi that flash across their screens and speak in tongues. There is no greater threat to both the United States and the rest of the world than these flashing lights and sounds that masquerade themselves as "entertainment" instead of being presented to the world for what they really are: the slimy tendrils of Satan’s abhorrent influence that is corrupting the psyche of youthful young lads and ladettes around the world. Satan is the puppet master here and Naruto and Pikachu are his pawns. Do not be fooled by Satan and the new tricks granted to him by advancing technology. We must fight back; we must raise the battle flag of the third dimension if we wish to continue as a species, lest we perish in the fires of declining birthrates and hikikomoris.
    • Brandon1 wrote:

Anime is the most disgusting and degenerate form of media to have ever besmirched this beautiful world with its presence. Just today I saw a group of young people at university crouched around a laptop watching Chinese archipelago moving motion pictures; these youths were barely alive and sentient by even the most lenient standards. Instead of withering away in front of LCD screens they could be curing cancer, colonizing Mars, or making my McDouble at McDonalds, but even if they wanted too they could not for their hands were weak and feeble, their very essence, spirit, and soul having been sucked away by two dimensional succubi that flash across their screens and speak in tongues. There is no greater threat to both the United States and the rest of the world than these flashing lights and sounds that masquerade themselves as "entertainment" instead of being presented to the world for what they really are: the slimy tendrils of Satan’s abhorrent influence that is corrupting the psyche of youthful young lads and ladettes around the world. Satan is the puppet master here and Naruto and Pikachu are his pawns. Do not be fooled by Satan and the new tricks granted to him by advancing technology. We must fight back; we must raise the battle flag of the third dimension if we wish to continue as a species, lest we perish in the fires of declining birthrates and hikikomoris.
      Btw, totally enjoyed your response. If you are serious, still enjoyed the response. I needed a good laugh today.
    • Anime, like every other medium of entertainment has genres. Some are great and very thought provoking whilst others are just there for cheap laughs and fan service.
      I've found that after a time, you don't really notice that your reading the subtitles. I, at least, start hearing the the subtitles being spoken in the language I'm reading them in, it's weird I know.
      JP Andromeda -- Lone Wolf
      EN Vega -- Lone Wolf
      EN Zibal -- MINERS
    • Personal picks:

Comedy:
      Fooly Cooly (Love it, not truly over-rated. Soundtrack 10/10 - IGN.
      Paranoia Agent - (A bit dark, probably not appropriate, but it did give me chills... And laughs... Plenty of laughs.)
      Lupin the 3[size=6]rd[/size] (Cheesey, pervy, and as wacky as I like. Btw, love Animaniacs)

Action
      Dragon Ball (Accept it, if you were four years old you would have aspired to be Goku)
      Dragon Ball Z (Accept it, if you were eight years old you would have wished to be as bad-*** as Kakarot)
      Zoids (Something about a white liger and an underdog?)
      Samurai Champloo (Action sequences were well portrayed and choreographed)

Drama:
      Cowboy Bebop (A very deep and moving genre, interspersed with mature comedy, and very dynamic characters. The lack-luster twist to the art style really pitched the scenes well. Beautiful soundtrack with excellent orchestration.)
      Samurai Champloo (Brought by the same studio for Cowboy Bebop, the art-style was much more uplifting. The soundtrack opened a new world of music for me. Jin and Mugen are a perfect duo.)
      Wolf's Rain (Perfectly dismal, but 50 episodes really flies by with this series.)

Don't really watch tele much anymore

Trouble wrote:

Doc Brown wrote:

I have read several of your posts elsewhere over a number of years. I find your mental state to be disturbing and you probably need professional help.
      What you write in the spam section doesn't have much impact on the game as a whole ... But I don't like to see you attempting to influence normal players in universe 1.
    • Akira if you want the full on dramatic and action packed movie or animie what every you like to call it.

then Robot carnival thought provoking and imaginitive

then all the seasons of Dragon ball dragon ballZ Dragon ball super skpped dragon ball kia that one sucked.

Attack on Titan is a great suspense and action thriller.
      then you have Demension W great thinker anime
      then Star blazers a bit old school but a fun ride to watch
      then you have Space dandy great flic for a laugh and some sillyness.

I'm not pretty I'm not graceful I am the inevitable fact of truth.there is no unwinnable situation.
      ogame.support.gameforge.com/en
    • Forgot... Speed Racer and all the crappy Gundam

Trouble wrote:

Doc Brown wrote: