A philter of poetry

• [SERIOUS BUSINESS]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Fed up with Corporate Culture

I am the fringe, pushed out by society to the edge.
      I've become they thing the do not want you to see.
      Cast away like a stray penny, lost value over the ledge.
      Fat cats walking with Benny's, I'm what they don't want you to be.

I'm wise to their game, I can't be analyzed.
      Lies through their teeth, I won't be compromised.
      Wild eyes I will not tame. A predator of light,
      I haunch back for a leap, to them I'll take the fight.

I will not submit to the will of a king seated invisibly.
      My culture does not belong to carrion vultures seeking a profit.
      I choose not to defuse the bomb, I refuse to negotiate with society's real leech.

Trouble wrote:

Sounds like an expert clicker to me :D

Doc Brown wrote:

I have read several of your posts elsewhere over a number of years. I find your mental state to be disturbing and you probably need professional help.
      What you write in the spam section doesn't have much impact on the game as a whole ... But I don't like to see you attempting to influence normal players in universe 1.
    • Wall of Text is Just a Wall of Text

The corporations feed, clothe, and house you.
      The corporations give you a freedom of choice.
      The corporations let you spend your money how you choose.
      The corporations will not let political or religious dogma impede profit-seeking.
      They don’t want to see a young, impoverished man, rise to success.
      They want you to spend your money so you have material excess.
      Your clothes are made with cheaper materials so you buy more clothes.
      They’re made with cheaper materials so you’ll buy more when your jeans have holes.
      When a man wears something practical over something fashionable, it is he I applaud.
      I applaud him because he knows what’s sensible, and he sees through their façade.
      Corporate and individual success is measured in profits, because money is more important than happiness.
      The corporate whores don’t want to measure success in satisfaction,
      Satisfaction only comes in the form of dollars and cents.
      The corporation doesn’t want you to know how much they try to gouge your wallet.
      They do not want you to see who runs the show, because they know it’s appalling.
      They do not want you to see whom owns the businesses, the banks, and the government.
      You are supposed to be blind and eat up their propaganda, not know their intent.
      “Get to our store, the new fashions are in.”
      The corporation preaches their advertisements like Charlemagne bent on trying to get you to buy in.
      These corrupt forces create jobs, and take them away.
      They move them overseas to save money, and even out of state.
      They forcibly outlaw ancient tactics and methods, because they don’t like competition.
      They know this is the case; they don’t and won’t want to show contrition.
      It is a team of monopolies, and every dollar you give them only makes them stronger.
      Their corruption seeps into our homes, our faculties, and our infrastructure.
      It buys your future, attempting to reinforce the pre-destination.
      You are led to believe you have no choice, and with them lies salvation.
      The voices of unified and brainwashed peoples sing louder than the revolution.
      The Internet, your phone, your new technologies, they are designed to turn you into a product.
      They say it’s for our benefit, but without transparency we don’t see how they conduct,
      Your lifestyle, your dreams, and your desires, are being peddled to businesses like merchandise.
      We’re lab rats in a maze, in the jaws of a lion like mice.
      They have the resources and funding to do whatever they want.
      You have a say, but the choices they leave you with all route back to them.
      They make tactical decisions to influence the market structure in their favor.
      This whole time, our families, friends, and associates, are playing their game.

Trouble wrote:

Doc Brown wrote:

I have read several of your posts elsewhere over a number of years. I find your mental state to be disturbing and you probably need professional help.
      What you write in the spam section doesn't have much impact on the game as a whole ... But I don't like to see you attempting to influence normal players in universe 1.
    • try not to be too cynical about the world. i know you've had a tough life, but it doesn't need to colour your future.

personally, i think young people have way too much time on their hands. and what do they do with it? they sit there getting all screwed up over things we didn't have time to be angsting about.

some nice poetry there. now go out for a run or visit the gym. or better still - get a dog ... several dogs even. a dog is the best stress tap in the world :D
      TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1
      TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 7
      Super Adv x 32
      Adv x 240
      Basic x 960

RIP KILLS 4524

• Eh, I write poetry when things slow down at work. When things are more lively I don't have time to get angsty. I know I'm cynical, our forefathers put a lot of stress on our shoulders, but when I get home I've got my wood-burning and weights to look forward to. Plus, I've two cats. Poetry is just an outlet for anguish.

Trouble wrote:

Doc Brown wrote:

• New

Climb up that ladder and ignore the chatter,
      Political banter that deprives the batter.
      A swing and a miss; life’s gamble I can’t resist.
      In fact I insist to take this risk, the roll is bliss.

Face twenty or six, the toss is the same,
      A natural one always feels pretty lame.
      Throw the stones to the winds and hope for a win;
      In or out of the game, life’s gamble is not a sin.

[hr]

Luck is sometimes more reliable than skill, but the universal odds are always the same. Math doesn't tell lies unless you force it to.

Trouble wrote:

Doc Brown wrote:

• New

You were never alone, I wish you would have known.
      You could have picked up your phone, and let me hear your tone.
      A bottle of drugs and a flask full, you swallowed them both and departed from home.
      Your loss was a grief and now you're not here, when your sealed your death your family shed tears.

Over three years later and I finally cry, but since then two more have died.
      The second was bitter and done in remorse, just one year after her husband became a corpse.
      Taken by cancer he was a man full of life, but unlike you cousin she did it with a knife.
      Stricken twice now grief could not spare, our family's suicide now became a pair.

A couple more years now have gone by, and another suicide takes our family by surprise.
      A tad more gruesome but still in silence, my uncle ended his life with a method of violence.
      Bullet in chamber and laying in bed, he put the lead in the back of his head.
      Your wife found you later on that afternoon, but you bit the bullet by the light of the moon.

Suicide is not pretty, and your family is never ready.
      The method of prevention is a steady communication.
      You may be in pain and may feel it prudent,
      Suicide may be an answer but it isn't a solution.

Trouble wrote:

Doc Brown wrote:

• New

Revolutionary Lancer wrote:

Climb up that ladder and ignore the chatter,
      Political banter that deprives the batter.
      A swing and a miss; life’s gamble I can’t resist.
      In fact I insist to take this risk, the roll is bliss.

Face twenty or six, the toss is the same,
      A natural one always feels pretty lame.
      Throw the stones to the winds and hope for a win;
      In or out of the game, life’s gamble is not a sin.

[hr]

Luck is sometimes more reliable than skill, but the universal odds are always the same. Math doesn't tell lies unless you force it to.
      stanza 1 - lines 3 and 4 need reworking. they do not scan well.
      stanza 2 - maybe leave out "the" in line 3. line 4 - again, it could scan better. not sure what to suggest though, lol.

the second poem - still thinking about it. very powerful.

you started with a rhyming scheme, but then abandoned it. and i think that was probably for the best, because free verse suits this theme far better.

best wishes :)
      TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1
      TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 7
      Super Adv x 32
      Adv x 240
      Basic x 960

RIP KILLS 4524

• New

It's nice to receive some actual critique, instead of the looming trolls. Many thanks mate.

Trouble wrote:

Doc Brown wrote:

• New

Invisible hand raised in a room of white,
      Impossible plan phrased in a bid of what’s right.
      A finger points but it’s not the right person,
      Lingered reason from when they hurt some.
      Planned from start but never finished,
      Fueling the war peace has diminished.
      Justified on emotion but not upon fact,
      Clarity of rationale is what this voice lacks.
      He wants to lead and be a civil fighter,
      Actualized preaching of races lighter.
      “Cracker-ass crackers” incites the master,
      Slackers and backers answer in a way that’s crasser.
      Political agenda dilutes the reality,
      These people won’t see his hypocrisy.
      “Your ancestor’s mess,” says the voice in the room,
      I feel the unrest rising and the civil war looms.

[hr]

I heard a radio personality speak of the recent white supremacy debacle down in South Carolina. I must have heard him say “Cracker-ass cracker” a dozen times. The personality was asking the non-bigoted white community to support the counter-cause because it’s the white people’s ancestor’s whom created this “mess.” The ignorance makes me sad, because it insinuates that all white people’s ancestors were racists/white supremacists.

Trouble wrote:

Doc Brown wrote: