minimum planet size

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'd say a minimum of 175 is fine for both high end mines, a strong research lab and the basic stuff. If you don't wanna miss out on the good stuff then you are looking at 190+. Try to colonize spot 7-9 for large planets with decent deuterium production, if you wanna spend time I recommend getting good ones on position 12.
    • This will give you the minimum and maximum planet sizes

ogame.wikia.com/wiki/Colonizing_in_Redesigned_Universes

Also remember to check whether your universe is possibly a +25 field uni. Also remember that you can move colonies 1-3 to 13-15 so if you want a big size15 planet it's best to shoot for the max on a slot 3 and then move it to a 15.
      “War does not determine who is right — only who is left.”

GMOD but main sections are Polaris - Yildun, General and the SpamBoard
      My S/MOD is Rav3n so go annoy him if I have angered you!
    • you should go for slots 8 and 9, if its a permanent planet and not a mobile i always like to get 200+ taking in consideration that you will not build solar plants, fusion reactors, research lab and have the min shipyard level to build all ships

think you can keep up with me?
      Click here for board rules :)
      Smod
      My team: arMakedon, Handicapparking, Blondu, Marshmello, Mavericks, Hatu

• Homeworld will always have 163 fields and can be deleted. It is advised to abandon new colonies if they are smaller than 200 fields and find bigger planets for long term.
      Maximum colony size in new unis is about 250 fields. Best chance of finding a big planet is on slots 7, 8 and 9. Minimum colony size in new unis is around 65 fields.
      You can buy planet field premium feature in the shop.

More info here Colonisation and planet size

• CookieMonster wrote:

If you're planning on being a miner, or having high mines, what Crimnor said about 175 fields is not correct, as you'll run out easily.
      This is funny because I had that exact discussion with a friend a few weeks ago. The idea was to utilize position 15 without having to relocate from position 3. By default a planet on position 15 can have a maximum of 164 fields which translates to 189 fields on any universe with a +25 fields bonus. Those settings are almost a given these days so I'll use them for the incoming calculations. Like I said we are looking at a maximum of 189 fields on position 15 but for the sake of justifying my statement we'll assume we are building up a planet with 175 fields. Do note this is miner oriented and a fleeter or hybrid acc would have to adjust certain buildings according to their respective playstyle.

Build plan - high end miner, 175 fields:
      Metal mine 44
      Crystal mine 36
      Deuterium synthesizer 40
      Fusion reactor 21
      Robotics factory 2
      Nanite factory 6
      Shipyard 8
      Metal storage 12
      Crystal storage 10
      Deuterium tank 10
      Research lab 14
      Terraformer 8

Now lets talk about each building there. Since the merchant is a thing and 3:2:1 is a viable ratio for trades doing 44/36/40 is perfectly fine and economic. You can fuel those mines with both Energy tech 21 and Fusion reactor 21 which means no satellites are required. If you are on position 15 those are not an option anyway. Robotics can be teared down later in the game to get more room for mines, Nanite is self explanatory. A Shipyard on level 8 allows you to build Plasma Turrets which is arguably the most interesting non-mine unit for a miner. Storages at level 12/10/10 offer enough room to cover a full 24 hour production, even on an universe with 6x economics speed. The Research lab on 14 is pure preference and could be teared down to 10 for another 4 fields. Terraformer 8 is a joke considering those mines and could be easily pumped up to 10, even 12 if someone wanted to do that.

Source: I did it myself on a account of mine because I am a cheap :censored: and didn't spend any money on DM there.

Swearing not allowed on the board ~ Notice given
      T4NK was here

..::Edit by NoMoreAngel|Change text on userwish|11.6.2017|16:18:05::..

The post was edited 2 times, last by NoMoreAngel ().

• That's great and all, but IMO, you've waisted resources on your Energy tech and fusion reactor.

To get them to that level, you've spent:
      Metal: 258,150,650
      Crystal: 1.780.980.994
      Duet: 838.860.400 (this is just from energy tech- I couldn't be arsed to work it out for fusion)

(Stats taken from o-calc.com)

Are you honestly saying that rather than use a different slot, you'd spend nearly 3 billion of resources? Nice logic!

Even if you would, my point still stands. You would easily run out of space - spending that amount of res to help would not be easy.
      Sig by Weky
    • Lots of useful feedback. Perhaps it'd be useful to provide some back info.

Pre-merge, I always saw my colonies as things my moons were attached to, and my moons were strategically located. After merging into uni1, they aren't as strategic, and now I'm bumping into the field cap.

I don't want my future colonies to have the same issues. I've scrapped 2 colonies that barely had more than 200 fields after some terraformers. I've been dropping colonies at the 8th spot but the biggest I've been able to find is 219 fields. I've been targeting at least 240 fields and I've dropped over 20 colonies. Right now, I'd settle for 230.

So, is 214-219 fields large enough to be worth keeping?
    • Bigger Beagle wrote:

So, is 214-219 fields large enough to be worth keeping?
      Yes.

CookieMonster wrote:

That's great and all, but IMO, you've waisted resources on your Energy tech and fusion reactor.

To get them to that level, you've spent:
      Metal: 258,150,650
      Crystal: 1.780.980.994
      Duet: 838.860.400 (this is just from energy tech- I couldn't be arsed to work it out for fusion)

(Stats taken from o-calc.com)

Are you honestly saying that rather than use a different slot, you'd spend nearly 3 billion of resources? Nice logic!

Even if you would, my point still stands. You would easily run out of space - spending that amount of res to help would not be easy.
      Yes. Apart from pure satelites in specific situations, e-tech and reactors are the best source of energy in this game. You could even run it on an account full of position 12's with a 10 here and there. Still justified. Atleast for endgame, if you quit somewhere around 32/26/26 then yeah - satelites and some solar plants are better. Besides, if you do plan on using cold planets there is no way around reactors. Also having an absolute save source of energy is never a waste. Consider it an investment for the future.
    • I'd much rather have my colony elsewhere, and not have to spent nearly 3 billion of resources on just making it so I can have a planet on slot 15. Especially with how empty Universes are these days. Back when u5 first opened, I'd of probably have followed your logic as there was nowhere to colonize. Now? Not so much.
      Sig by Weky
    • Giving position 15 was just an example. Those require both planning and dedication. The above plan could easily apply to any position, just swap out the reactor for a building of your choice. Regarding the energy you can also build satelites then. Solar plant is not an option anyway, it is mathematically proven that it is a waste of resources somewhere from level 21 to 25, depending on a planets temperature.
    • You make a good point. As I've said, if I had to use a planet with small sizes, your method is the one I'd pick. It's a great strategy, just not the way I'd want to go.

This is my smallest planet (slot 5) in Wasat: 13.751km (152/214)

One SS gives me 30 units of energy. If ever I need more space, I'd downgrade my solar planet and build sats. Why? 1000 sats is plenty for me on this planet. That's 2M crystal, 500k duet. I'd have to be bashed 1300 times to meet the res you spent. That's 4 times per day (on average). Since I don't play that often I'd only rebuild the sats once per day, so that would actually be 1300 days, or 3.5 years. And that's only if I get bashed that many times, which is unlikely. Every other day, and that's 7 years.
      Sig by Weky
    • Are u saying the second number cant be above -130? Because ur picture is -165 to -125 for temp
      Moon Received 13 Moon Given 21 Moon Destroyed 21 :borg:
      Total HOF's/VegaHOF's
      Ninja 21/2
      Basic 20% 104/5
      Advanced 20% 60/13
      Rips killed 1,125/123
      Super Advanced 20% 7/2