Saltwater Fishtank

• NotD
    • Saltwater Fishtank

Like the title say's i'm curious if any of you guy's owns a saltwater fishtank with coral's or actually any kind of fishtank.
      It's a beautifull coral,and just got into saltwater fishtank about 2 month's ago.After last year when i had a tropical fishtank.
      After all the cycling proces has finished last week i put my first ever coral in,and it's doing wonderfull and i love it.
      Here are some picture's with the tank 1 month ago when it had nothing but rock,and a video with the coral now.

Video --> youtube.com/watch?v=PrpUIKLea2M
      Pics:
      ibb.co/ncBgaF
      ibb.co/jEeZvF
      ibb.co/cyh9Ua
      ibb.co/czFk2v
      ibb.co/bMREvF

ibb.co/jDtG9a

i also have 2 small clown fish and a cleaner shrimp(this guy is the funniest thing i ever seen in my life).
      Display Spoiler
      Univ Japetus - On
      Hof's - 129
      Ninja's - 7
      Adv Solo - 55
      Adv Acs - 15
      Rip Kill - 1424
      To 10 Acs - 12
      Top 10 Solo - 8
      New Nr. 1 Hit Acs - 1
      New Nr. 1 Hit Solo - 1
      Univ Betelgeuse.org - On
      Hof's - 32
      Ninja - 6
      RipKill - 30
      Univ Jupiter.ro - Off
      Hof's - 125
      Ninja's - 3
      Adv Acs - 9
      Adv Solo - 38
      Rip Kill - 116
      Top 10 Acs - 4
      Top 10 Solo - 4
      New Nr.1 Hit's - 1
      Univ40 - Off
      Hof’s – 170
      Adv Solo – 21
      Adv Acs – 11
      Rip Kill – 270
      Top 10 Solo – 1
      Top 10 Acs - 6
      New Nr.1 Hits - 3
    • I'll have a salt water tank when I move to a new places. Isn't practical at the moment where I live. I do have Tropical Tanks with a lot of your usually tropical fish and then I breed the neocaridina shrimp and trade them for plants,etc at my local pet store.

Your tank looks good just keep an eye on it. How many gallons/liters by the way? Do you have any snails or sand borrowers in the tank to help turn the sand and stop pockets?
      Is this your first go at saktwater?

Can't wait to get mine setup at some point lol always glad to see more aquatic enthusiasts.
    • hey can't wait to see your's then :)
      yes it's my first time going for a saltwater tank,tho i had tropical as well before :)
      Just baught some other stuff 10 days ago but they havent still delivered and still waiting for them.i ordered from a guy on ebay the following:
      10 Algae Hermits
      10 Turbo Snails
      2 Mexican Turbos
      1 Tuxedo Urchin
      2 Orange Lip Conch
      5 Dwarf Blue Hermit Crabs
      5 Super Nassarius
      My tank is a 35 gallon
      Im encountering some problems now as i baught myself some activated carbon(like a lot of people over the internet recomend),to make pristine clear water,unfotunatly it made my water very milky like and covered the rock in dark colour...removed the carbon and the water quality came back,but still got the black coloured rock and i dunno if i should clean it or not,now if i clean it im afraid ill damage the other corals ive put in,that are on the rock.Tho the xenia isnt doing so well now because of the black coloured rock,tho the others are doing better now lol :))
      I removed the activated carbon yesterday and im doing daily water changes,and ill wait to see how it turns out in a few days if not then ill start removing the rock and brush off all the dark stuff on it...
      I think the carbon i baught was of a bad quality....but anyway my water looks very clean and clear atm...so probably i dont even need it...wil lsee how things go out :)
      Display Spoiler
      Univ Japetus - On
      Hof's - 129
      Ninja's - 7
      Adv Solo - 55
      Adv Acs - 15
      Rip Kill - 1424
      To 10 Acs - 12
      Top 10 Solo - 8
      New Nr. 1 Hit Acs - 1
      New Nr. 1 Hit Solo - 1
      Univ Betelgeuse.org - On
      Hof's - 32
      Ninja - 6
      RipKill - 30
      Univ Jupiter.ro - Off
      Hof's - 125
      Ninja's - 3
      Adv Acs - 9
      Adv Solo - 38
      Rip Kill - 116
      Top 10 Acs - 4
      Top 10 Solo - 4
      New Nr.1 Hit's - 1
      Univ40 - Off
      Hof’s – 170
      Adv Solo – 21
      Adv Acs – 11
      Rip Kill – 270
      Top 10 Solo – 1
      Top 10 Acs - 6
      New Nr.1 Hits - 3

The post was edited 1 time, last by blondu ().

• Nice just remember it's better to under stock then over stock ;). Also I don't know about using carbon unless you have a bad smell in the tank. If your just wanting to increase water quality with the filtration you already have you could set up a protein skimmer.

Fish for salt water with sand I would recommend is looking into salt water goby species.

Hopefully everything will clear up and you'll have no major issues :).
    • active carbon is for clear prestine water not for the smell at least thats what ive found to be used for.
      i know i buaght a few things more than my tank could hold but from what ive seen in my tropical tank wich i over stocked and all fish were doing fine and everyone was happy with no deaths at all,it all has to do with maintainance and filtering.
      And i belive all those rules of 1 inc of fish per gallon or whatever they might be are quite fake...from what i have had untill now...
      Also i already have a skimmer and it and you can see it in the above pictures its in the sump :) Also if you want to check this out theres a lot of usefull info on how to start your saltwater fish tank.these guys are experts and still make videos weekly almost.Check them out on youtube--> BulkReefSupplyCom
      Display Spoiler
      Univ Japetus - On
      Hof's - 129
      Ninja's - 7
      Adv Solo - 55
      Adv Acs - 15
      Rip Kill - 1424
      To 10 Acs - 12
      Top 10 Solo - 8
      New Nr. 1 Hit Acs - 1
      New Nr. 1 Hit Solo - 1
      Univ Betelgeuse.org - On
      Hof's - 32
      Ninja - 6
      RipKill - 30
      Univ Jupiter.ro - Off
      Hof's - 125
      Ninja's - 3
      Adv Acs - 9
      Adv Solo - 38
      Rip Kill - 116
      Top 10 Acs - 4
      Top 10 Solo - 4
      New Nr.1 Hit's - 1
      Univ40 - Off
      Hof’s – 170
      Adv Solo – 21
      Adv Acs – 11
      Rip Kill – 270
      Top 10 Solo – 1
      Top 10 Acs - 6
      New Nr.1 Hits - 3

The post was edited 1 time, last by blondu ().

• So I know salt water is inherantly cleaner than normal water, hence salt water pools vs chlorine pools. But my question is, do they have to be cleaned? Or do you rely on fish that eat the gunk to clean it?
      “War does not determine who is right — only who is left.”

GMOD but main sections are VEGA, WASAT, BETELGEUSE, QUAOAR, and the SpamBoard
      My S/MOD is Rav3n
    • You have to clean them lol. Unless you want a bristle worm to grow into a giant and eat all your fish :p.

P.S. Even the small ones can send some people to the hospital because they are poisonous. But in small numbers and kept small they are beneficial to your ecosystem. It's when you don't clean your tank or feed to much their numbers grow or you get one to grow big enough to kill and eat your fish.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Welcome ().