Universe Uriel - Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Valent wrote:

The main idea for this special rule is to give the alliance a much greater importance and allow players in a given alliance to support a champion able to defend and revenge his fellow ally mates.
      I just can't believe that you think people are going to support their champion. The real truth is they are only going to support their multi accounts. I hope that you are not that naive or we SPICA players can quit now.

Take down your pink sunglasses and look what is happening.
    • i remember Gemini was intended to be a no rules chaos universe with no support from GOs. it seemed like a fun idea to many. but within days there was a huge outcry from the player base, which resulted in it being changed to just a war universe with bashing allowed.

i played in that universe until it merged, and it pretty much functioned as a normal universe. i don't recall anyone making great use of its bashing capabilities.

but i do remember that certain staff were a bit smug when the rules were modified, haha

they said something like ... "you all complain about our rules, but when we take them away, you all want them back."
      TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1
      TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 52
      Adv x 274
      Basic x 1652

RIP KILLS 6261

• in a few months there will be 1 Dominating player,and no one else playing in this uni ..@ Valent you say you wanna see how good an alliance can be and work together,Then create a uni with a fleet cap/point limit that can only increase with upgrades of the space dock( I think the cost to build the dock should be increased,it should be used like Astrophysics, the higher the level the more fleet you can have),you guys added the space dock so when players get crashed they get a percentage of fleet back,it has great potential to be used in this way,this would limit monster fleets create greater ACS battles,and in return pull an Alliance together and be a more level playing field !!!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cyyoung ().

• Cyyoung wrote:

you say you wanna see how good an alliance can be and work together
      They already saw that. One word: Unity. They even have a universe named after them. This whole pushing within alliances is probably just a test to see how people react. If it works for the better we might get it globally. You don't have to hire competent GO's if you legalize cheating to some extend. ;)
    • Crimnor wrote:

Cyyoung wrote:

you say you wanna see how good an alliance can be and work together
      They already saw that. One word: Unity. They even have a universe named after them. This whole pushing within alliances is probably just a test to see how people react. If it works for the better we might get it globally. You don't have to hire competent GO's if you legalize cheating to some extend. ;)
      Thats to bad they are pursuing this,If it was me i would be looking for a way to make it more competitive ,not lop-sided, oh well who are we ???
    • somebody wants more restrictions now. a fleet cap. why?

everyone has a level playing field anyway when a new universe starts. besides, this is a game. not a sport.

i had to earn my stripes in universes with "monster fleets" chasing me.

what is your problem with big fleets ... other than perhaps you don't have one yet?

we have enough restrictions already.
      Super Adv x 52
      Adv x 274
      Basic x 1652

RIP KILLS 6261

• If this is how the rules of the uni are
      then there should be one more rule added to it

Which is Uriel Universe will never ever going to be merged with any universe in future

Cuz if an alliance is allowed to push their player to protect them .
      With that logic ..... i think the uni will never die
      so no merge ever needed for them in future :P

I dont want cheater paradise to get mixed up with normal paradise :D

UNI 40 >>> Top 10s >> Many :D
      Uni Mizar >>> Top 10s >> 6
      Uni Nekkar >>> Top 10s >> 14
      Uni Vega >>> Top 10s >> 6
      Uni 1 >>>> Top 10s >> 2

Advanced hits never counted
      HOFS 1000 + :D So i stopped counting
      Over All Top 10s >>> 50+

• just thinking about how much fun it would be ...

i think i would love it if i was da champion. but i don't think i would get much out of it if i was just playing to push some-one else. running an account for somebody else's glory doesn't really appeal to me very much.

i think players will be prepared to do it. but how long for?

one of the main reasons people of any rank play is to develop their accounts as much as they can.

on the plus point, they will probably get lazy and make good targets for an opposing champion.
      Super Adv x 52
      Adv x 274
      Basic x 1652

RIP KILLS 6261

The post was edited 1 time, last by baal ().

• Rant incoming...

A similar rule(but no alliance limitation) was proposed in universe 13 in ogame.ru community, back in the day. It also had crackdowns on multiaccounts and so on, for obvious reasons.
      The universe had okay-ish gameplay. Yes, everyone who wanted to be competitive was forced to do it, some unfortunate souls who didn't wish to but went in there anyway, quickly lost relevance. But experienced players mostly knew what they were signing up for, and in that sense, game was balanced.

The shitstorm came when the time for a merge came. It was merged with all the other x1 standard-ish universes, with fleets outclassing those of uni 1 and the like, by far. With many universes(specially with similar parameters) merging into one with such a universe with no pushing limitations, a lot of players were pissed.

Many gave up immediately, the others escalated with fleet scrapping and circular deuterium merching and so on to 'catch up with unfairly big fleets'. The others responded in kind, the initial shitstorm causing many more over the years. Overall, the merged universe was complete crap from day 1 because of that. There wasn't anywhere else to go to either, because people who wanted to stay in x1 didn't have much of a choice, and for them it's usually not an option to go into higher speeds.

Somewhat different situation here, but yes, expect a lot of issues merging it.
      Alliance limitation won't mean much, compared to no limitation at all. What it does is basically allows to MD pushing-only accounts with no bashing, as they're forced to stay(at least for trade periods) in alliance.
      Except, you know...pushing-dedicated accounts don't stock up much resources unless they're plain lazy.

Also, the champion idea...while attractive at first, doesn't make much sense at a closer look. Currently a looot of the universes devolve into a few actually active & good players per side effectively doing/planning everything, and others chiming in however they can. Eventually it devolves further into most people having left, and those active remaining doing whatever the hell they want(in practice) with the accounts of those who left. Maybe they stay in VM, maybe someone mines deuterium on those by exchange with other universes, maybe...you know how it often goes.

Such a rule just makes it more direct, numbers bigger, and encourages more immediate larger scale of ton-of-people-supporting-one-person than what happens normally. I guess it's balanced if everyone's doing it, but once again, keep merges in mind. Other universes won't be happy to merge with this one. With economy x6, to boot? Well, top fleets here would soon grow big enough to where there would be nowhere to merge them to.

If you think the mass-pushing would stop when action in the universe is done and there's a dominating side and no need to further boost a champion, that's naive. What will happen is that bunch of people will give up(because duh, people leave the game for vaaaarious reasons, boredom included), champions will ask their friends to help them out with those acc's, and they'll keep pushing on and on waiting for the merge to come to ruin someone's day :)
      Not everyone will do that of course, but it only takes a few.

I guess one good thing coming out of such a rule is that it makes pushing legal, so now people who don't want do break/circumvent the rules to stay competitive, won't have any moral dilemmas.
    • It will be fun, I will play this uni as a pusher. Rules are set, anyone does not like this uni has a choice of not to play. Of course it will die in 2 months, a huge player will dominate and rest will be crap.

Before reading Crvt's post, I would say that it was obvious that this uni will never get merged to another uni, at least will not be a target uni. But as I see, a huge mistake done before, with obvious results. So not for this uni, but for the sake of other unis, it must be stated that this uni will never ever will merge with others, at least will not be a target uni (Even it will not be fair).
    • Well, merges weren't a thing when 13.ru opened. Hell, I think it was once said that there'd be no merges ever period...it ended up years ahead of uni 1 in development of top players, despite being opened years later. Don't know why it ended up being merged, I guess it was a matter of either not caring/thinking about it, or perhaps benefited someone, whatever.

And it was competitive for years before that, too. You can also consider that a desert-dead universes that happen much faster these days, allow for far easier pushing & crap because you don't need to worry much about the quality of the players on the supporting accounts, if there's no one to hunt them. You could argue that a lot of careless players make great farms for the opposition, but that doesn't work quite like that in practice, most people give up under constant pressure and with little hope of catching up, anyway. It's also kinda hard to screw up a pusher account in the first place.

Looking a bit ahead you can easily see that the side with the advantage will RIP bash the hell out of the side with the disadvantage, so pushing will be much more efficient for the advantageous side, furthering the gap and so on.
      Still can be playable, just for the love of god, don't merge it with others.

Edit:
      To Valent - frankly, you really should consider possible worst case scenarios when making changes, rather than hoping for the best. Specially in the current equilibrium where most experienced players are jaded as hell.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Crvt ().

• even if they state that it`ll never be merged

that can change when the merge comes

or am i the only one who remembers "merges arent possible" years ago?

edit..just read the post above..and its on point

'Stalno u kafani..ja sam nesto poput sanka'

'Zaboravljamo heroje i junake,pamtimo samo loše likove'

The post was edited 1 time, last by Asto Vidatu ().

• baal wrote:

i think i would love it if i was da champion. but i don't think i would get much out of it if i was just playing to push some-one else. running an account for somebody else's glory doesn't really appeal to me very much.

i think players will be prepared to do it. but how long for?

one of the main reasons people of any rank play is to develop their accounts as much as they can.
      One would think so, but the bunch of miner accounts to sell their Deut cheap to fleeters are more into pushing those fleeters than into growing their own accounts.

I don't understand why they do that if it is not organized multi-universe pushing, but they do.

Without Contraries is no progression