[TOT: 146.876.000] Stratoverus [Raven] & juve [K L] & J0ker [GLoTR] & N33l [Raven] & gRiPPPeR [GLoTR] vs. slayer [T T] (A: 17.656.000, D: 129.220.000)

• Uriel

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [TOT: 146.876.000] Stratoverus [Raven] & juve [K L] & J0ker [GLoTR] & N33l [Raven] & gRiPPPeR [GLoTR] vs. slayer [T T] (A: 17.656.000, D: 129.220.000)

This hit has a HUGE story. Probably took about 10 hours or work and coordination. XD Here's the fun story.

So it all started out when I was at work, just checking ogame and a friend irl messaged me and he was confused... he saw a player sending him resources. We reacted quickly and found out that the poor guy probably misclicked and meant to send to a debris field instead of just transporting res. I then set to work.

I wanted to do a return hit and time it perfectly. High expectations, high goals, high stakes but high rewards. I contacted players to see who would join in my quest to attack and once I had gathered sufficient army, it was time to calculate. Yoink, my friend had sent me details about when the transport mission would arrive. The problem, was that yoink only had espionage level 7... so he could see the number of ships, but no details. He was able to queue it up so that he could get espionage 8 but it would be too late... he would already have completed the transport mission. We realized we could try to get some free dark matter by doing some of the offers to try to speed it up. We were successful in this endeavor but still had 45 minutes to go, just in time for there to be some time for us to view it. I was at that point getting off of work and needed to go home. While I was doing this, I started up calculations of his flight time. We narrowed it down to 30 percent or 20 percent speed. We gambled, and determined it was a 30 percent fleet speed. 20 percent just seemed too low and was a 12 hour round trip flight whereas 30 percent was about 8 hours.

Now on to simming. The problem was, we didn't have that fleet composition! We needed it now! One of us had a moon that was close, but the phalanx was too short range, we needed to get that upgraded for it! We got that upgraded, phalanxed, and caught the transport mission on tape. We had our target in our sights. We tried a lot of fleet scenarios, ranging from a small fleet, to just a massive overwhelming force. After many a while later and a few coffee's later for some people, we determined our battle force.
    By this time, the transport mission had finished. We knew there was no way for him to return. This was it. :) Time to fly.
    We waited a bit to give him as little info and as little time as possible, but we had little patience. XD It had already been many hours! I timed a ship to hit just after he landed. I then send out the ACS invites.
    Right as we did that... he messaged us saying he was on. We sat a while debating on what we could do. But... we timed it, what else could go wrong? We then waited a bit, and then slowly added more and more fleet. Soon, we had an overwhelming force! We timed the recs to hit just right, and everything was set to be golden. :) We just had to wait.

Soon, the time was at hand! With minutes left on the clock, we prepped our victory speeches and got ready for the hit! As the seconds ticked, the anxiety creeped up, did I really do all the calculations right? I have 4 other players that are relying on me... did I remember all the variables?

When the hit came, I refreshed... nothing.

We were sorely disappointed. Did we do everything right?! What could have possibly happened? The defender even came on and said "nice fleet". We were more determined than ever to get him!
    Then... we realized that it was probably sent at 20 percent. We quickly looked at if we could even make it back in time and send our fleets again! The deut costs were outrageous, but we thought it was possible! I readied up another ACS to land shortly after he would land, and readied up the fleet. There was a downfall to this though... our recs were still sent out... We were short hundreds of recs... But! Through means we were able to scrounge up enough to meander their way over! They weren't timed pretty, but they would do the job.

We added more and more fleets together, and we soon had our force back, albeit and a great deut cost. We debated and simmed and debated more. He now had hours to prepare. What if he got someone to ninja? We sent everything we had. This was all or nothing. Even if we got ninja'd... at least we had a great time preparing for it. :)
    The final 15 minutes came... I couldn't bare to just wait. I went to take a shower and when I came back... I refreshed the page.
    SUCCESS!!!
    I saw the damage... WE HAD DONE IT! VICTORY! It was so sweet! The hours of work put into this... it was a massive undertaking. But it was sweet success.

The other attackers will have notes in the comments or will be posted here:

From J0ker:
    I really Happy to fly whit this Guys... Strato and Juve.. my BF in this Uni... gRiPPPeD my New Grand Father... and whit n33l, is a good parteners to ACS... is this the finishf to a loooooooooong night... and soo much coffe, laughts and cigarretes... Nice Jobe Dudes...

For the Slayer.. i only say nothing Personal.. and

GooD Luck on THE ReBuiLD

Dedicated.. To roll3, Sheppy and Warnig...

Back to me.
    This was probably one of my most memorable hits if not THE most memorable hit in my ogame time. It was a pleasure flying with you gents. This hit is dedicated to my friend Yoink who supplied us with the information to make this possible, all my fellow Ravens, and of course my mates I flew with. With you guys, this would not have been possible! 'Twas amazing.

As for the defender, I gotta feel bad for him. A simple misclick brought down the fleet. He messaged me afterwards and we had a lovely chat. Nice guy. Unfortunately he is quitting. I wish him good luck in real life!

And now the moment you've all been waiting for... The big hit!

On 30-08-2017 --:--:--, the following fleets met in battle:

Attacker Stratoverus [Raven]

Bomber 1
    Light Fighter 1.414
    Heavy Fighter 29
    Cruiser 410
    Battleship 309
    Battlecruiser 246
    Espionage Probe 1

Attacker juve [K L]

Espionage Probe 1
    Light Fighter 1.722
    Cruiser 583
    Battleship 366
    Battlecruiser 223

Attacker J0ker [GLoTR]

Light Fighter 1.000
    Cruiser 500
    Battleship 200
    Battlecruiser 300

Attacker N33l [Raven]

Light Fighter 3.600
    Battleship 1.022
    Battlecruiser 478

Attacker gRiPPPeR [GLoTR]

Light Fighter 11.111
    Destroyer 1.111
    Battlecruiser 111

Defender slayer [T T]

Small Cargo 852
    Large Cargo 216
    Light Fighter 2.913
    Heavy Fighter 6
    Cruiser 825
    Battleship 618
    Colony Ship 1
    Recycler 931
    Bomber 43
    Battlecruiser 351

After the battle ...

Attacker Stratoverus [Raven]

Bomber 1 ( -0 )
    Light Fighter 1.112 ( -302 )
    Heavy Fighter 24 ( -5 )
    Cruiser 396 ( -14 )
    Battleship 309 ( -0 )
    Battlecruiser 246 ( -0 )
    Espionage Probe 1 ( -0 )

Attacker juve [K L]

Espionage Probe 1 ( -0 )
    Light Fighter 1.328 ( -394 )
    Cruiser 562 ( -21 )
    Battleship 366 ( -0 )
    Battlecruiser 223 ( -0 )

Attacker J0ker [GLoTR]

Light Fighter 772 ( -228 )
    Cruiser 493 ( -7 )
    Battleship 200 ( -0 )
    Battlecruiser 300 ( -0 )

Attacker N33l [Raven]

Light Fighter 2.839 ( -761 )
    Battleship 1.022 ( -0 )
    Battlecruiser 478 ( -0 )

Attacker gRiPPPeR [GLoTR]

Light Fighter 8.699 ( -2.412 )
    Destroyer 1.111 ( -0 )
    Battlecruiser 111 ( -0 )

Defender slayer [T T]

Destroyed!

The attacker has won the battle!
    The attacker captured:
    0 Metal, 0 Crystal and 0 Deuterium

The attacker lost a total of 17.656.000 units.
    The defender lost a total of 129.220.000 units.
    At these space coordinates now float 63.872.200 metal and 32.279.800 crystal.
    The attacker captured a total of 0 units.

The chance for a moon to be created from the debris was 20%.
    The attacker(s) captured the debris.

Summary of profit/losses:

Summary attackers(s)

Metal: 50.711.200
    Crystal: 27.868.800
    Deuterium: -84.000
    The attacker(s) made a profit of 78.496.000 units.

Summary defender(s)

Metal: -78.085.000
    Crystal: -41.703.000
    Deuterium: -9.432.000
    The defender(s) lost a total of 129.220.000 units.