What is going on with this game???

    • General

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • What is going on with this game???

      Well, this is the 2nd post i make about this issue.

      Although i had some answers when i made the previous post about this, nobody replied me about it anymore.
      Yes i am talking about the missing CR again

      How come i am waiting for a reply from the support since 3rd September? is this acceptable?! Get your sh*t together already!

      I dont understand, seriously, i've played this game before and things are getting worse every time it passes! I see people cheating everywhere and nobody doing nothing about it. We report pushings and nobody does nothing about it. I've seen today a post about multi accounts, saying that there was made tickets about it, and nobody does NOTHING about it! not to mention, the dirty gaming that is going on lately. what is this lame service about?!

      I know you are all volunteers, but you accepted and applied for the job, if you cant do it right, then just abandon and give other people the chance for it. This needs a change! players are getting way too tired of this game because of the staff crew, people are complaining every single day and you cant see that?!

      There is a combat report that is missing for, i dont know how many time already, nobody is giving us answers! We want the CR, we deserve that CR, we deserve to post that CR! i dont care if you have lots of other pending requests, it's about time for you guys to give us the CR that we are asking for, for WEEKS!

      You guys update this versions and you fool us with beta versions, and even ask us to see where are YOUR mistakes. are we your employees?! we dont volunteer for this.

      Bugs after bugs are happening in game. You even screw the events! How come is this possible at all?

      In case you missed it, people actually pay for this game, and you do this lame job. This is totally disrespectfull
      [TOT: 18.559.037.000]
      Emp [GH6] vs.
      MandM [Naked] & Rat Catcher [BoB] & shcoker [BoB] & Nelson [BoB] & Rangerz [FEIA]
      (A: 16.040.943.000, D: 2.518.094.000 + additional)


      just one small CR that gameforge wont let us perpetuate
      cause when a sportsman wins gold, he dont need to get his medal, i mean, what for?
    • Hi Nelson, I understand your frustration, however there is a point you are making that is wrong. The issue with the CR has nothing to do with the volunteer team. The problem itself was reported and the reports requested individually for each missing battle, however when such issues happen sometimes it is not possible for devs or us to gather the missing data from any of our tools, this was the case, we could not recover easily the data from the missing reports, but it does not mean we did not try. This is also one of the reasons why for the CR specific case things took longer than expected and sadly not only for your case. I am sorry for that and we will keep working for such things not to happen again. You are doing several statements in this post, but they are not all related to each other so here is the reply for at least one of them.
    • Glad to have a new admin on .org still able to respond this while is has been deprecated years ago


      "Thank you for contacting report.
      Every time you look at a galaxy or system it costs you 10 Deuterium,"

      He probably had to go back to his books to get the correct answer 2 days later.

      Anyway, still waiting also on a soluton for a bug since 29/08. whats more frustrating is that i waited 15 days o get to the community manager, and now i m back to a normal game moderator level saying me this

      "Ok i will inform our teach team."

      And simply close the ticket, amaizing support team, if i had now this was the response, i wouldnt have open a ticket and lose my time for 15 days
    • piink wrote:

      Hi Nelson, I understand your frustration, however there is a point you are making that is wrong. The issue with the CR has nothing to do with the volunteer team. The problem itself was reported and the reports requested individually for each missing battle, however when such issues happen sometimes it is not possible for devs or us to gather the missing data from any of our tools, this was the case, we could not recover easily the data from the missing reports, but it does not mean we did not try. This is also one of the reasons why for the CR specific case things took longer than expected and sadly not only for your case. I am sorry for that and we will keep working for such things not to happen again. You are doing several statements in this post, but they are not all related to each other so here is the reply for at least one of them.
      What’s that supposed to mean? That we are not getting the CR?

      And also, why did nobody replied to the ticket explaining it, and instead, reply appears on board?
      [TOT: 18.559.037.000]
      Emp [GH6] vs.
      MandM [Naked] & Rat Catcher [BoB] & shcoker [BoB] & Nelson [BoB] & Rangerz [FEIA]
      (A: 16.040.943.000, D: 2.518.094.000 + additional)


      just one small CR that gameforge wont let us perpetuate
      cause when a sportsman wins gold, he dont need to get his medal, i mean, what for?
    • To make it clear, we won't be able to provide missing CR reports at all caused by the error we had in the past weeks, I am not talking about your particular case. We did try to gather the data as this was not an unique case, but we simply cannot. As I previously said, it took longer than usual because we did try to gather the info.
    • As it was already explained, the team can't solve your request, and from what Piink just said, it can be deduced it may take even longer to obtain a solution, not because we don't want , but simply because is not feasible.


      While we are all aware that there is a lot to improve in the way our team is serving the players, we should also take into consideration the fact that our team is very much downsized. We permanently keep GO and Mod applications opened but we get very few applicants.

      Sadly many of them fail the interview ( game features & rules ) . If accepted, after we spend large amount of time to train them, they are leaving because the RL calls .

      In conclusion please accept our apologies, the explanation above is not to make an excuse for long time of replay in support tickets but only to let you know we try our best with what we have.
    • Me and my friends have enought info to make a "hand made" CR.

      We are only missing the defender's fleet and defense, and we have the CR made by us, and, if allowed, ready to post. Obviously this is a particular case. But if you can at least provide what we're actually missing, we can do it buy ourselves. If you want our help to do it, we can provide that also.

      It is frustrating. Many of us have been waiting to pull this tactic for years, and when we finally pull it off, we're forbidden to show it due to a server error. Like i said, we have a lot of info about that hit, and we are willing to help out if you help us out too
      [TOT: 18.559.037.000]
      Emp [GH6] vs.
      MandM [Naked] & Rat Catcher [BoB] & shcoker [BoB] & Nelson [BoB] & Rangerz [FEIA]
      (A: 16.040.943.000, D: 2.518.094.000 + additional)


      just one small CR that gameforge wont let us perpetuate
      cause when a sportsman wins gold, he dont need to get his medal, i mean, what for?
    • this is getting ridiculos,i've seen a lot of complaint's about how the staff is handling diff situations,all over board and ingame.Everyone is complaining,if you have such a large number of player's complaining don't you guy's think it's time to make some changes? not necesarly in the team but on how thing's are done,do a diff aproach on things i dunno i'm not that smart to come up with an ideea but i bet you guy's are cause that's why some of you are even game administrators.So please shake off this bad way of doing things and start doing it properly and right,and if you cannot handle the situation then ask for help or even quit.I understand sometimes is not all about you guy's but still thing's could be comunicated so much better...way much better honestly.
      i appreciate that a lot of guy's are doing this voluntarely but like i said step it up.
      Nelson i want to see that cr since you've posted the issue first time,i really hope they solve it for you at least.Hope to see the cr.
      Gl to everyone and please take what i said with a grain of salt.
      Display Spoiler
      Univ Japetus - On
      Hof's - 129
      Ninja's - 7
      Adv Solo - 55
      Adv Acs - 15
      Rip Kill - 1424
      To 10 Acs - 12
      Top 10 Solo - 8
      New Nr. 1 Hit Acs - 1
      New Nr. 1 Hit Solo - 1
      Univ Betelgeuse.org - On
      Hof's - 32
      Ninja - 6
      RipKill - 30
      Univ Jupiter.ro - Off
      Hof's - 125
      Ninja's - 3
      Adv Acs - 9
      Adv Solo - 38
      Rip Kill - 116
      Top 10 Acs - 4
      Top 10 Solo - 4
      New Nr.1 Hit's - 1
      Univ40 - Off
      Hof’s – 170
      Adv Solo – 21
      Adv Acs – 11
      Rip Kill – 270
      Top 10 Solo – 1
      Top 10 Acs - 6
      New Nr.1 Hits - 3
    • i understand it isn't the mods fault on here but you also need to understand that some of these hits take weeks or months to set up, then they get no CR from all their hard work and what they have achieved. Clearly there needs to be more communication from mods and player and GF. we need more support and help
    • And that's what we are here for, we are having a conversation :)

      I also understand that sometimes the lack of information on some cases bring up complaints, but we cannot always give information just like that. In the other hand sometimes plans change and info comes in the last minute or info we have is not valid anymore so it is not posted. The game is still under development, changes happen fast sometimes and it is not fair to put it all together and blame the team for it which is what I see the most in the last interventions here.

      Also, sometimes complaints don't have a background, meaning, just by saying " there is a bad administration" you don't really help in here so now I'm gonna ask directly, talking about general issues, what are the issues that you see that bother the community the most and what would you do to solve it? And saying a GO or a moderator has to be replace because I don't like him doesn't help neither.
    • piink wrote:

      And that's what we are here for, we are having a conversation :)

      I also understand that sometimes the lack of information on some cases bring up complaints, but we cannot always give information just like that. In the other hand sometimes plans change and info comes in the last minute or info we have is not valid anymore so it is not posted. The game is still under development, changes happen fast sometimes and it is not fair to put it all together and blame the team for it which is what I see the most in the last interventions here.

      Also, sometimes complaints don't have a background, meaning, just by saying " there is a bad administration" you don't really help in here so now I'm gonna ask directly, talking about general issues, what are the issues that you see that bother the community the most and what would you do to solve it? And saying a GO or a moderator has to be replace because I don't like him doesn't help neither.
      I think we need to be given more information in tickets we create and what the process is like answering them and how you solve our problems. We understand with this matter that it's not easy and you had try many different ways to get the CR but could we get some information as to what you did to try and get it back and if you actually contacted GF and asked them to help. The more information we get from you means the more we understand and could solve some problems that some players have with GOs and Board admins
    • Like I said, we, players who participate in the hit, are here to help you out in everything we can. I’m not complaining without background here, neither do people like me. I’m referring to the tickets we made without answers. The reports we make about pushing and multi that nobody cares about.

      Honestly, what GOs did with me was a very nice job, specially anakin, he provided me the info we didn’t have to share the ress, so, I’m not complaining about GOs or mods, but yes about the developers themselves
      [TOT: 18.559.037.000]
      Emp [GH6] vs.
      MandM [Naked] & Rat Catcher [BoB] & shcoker [BoB] & Nelson [BoB] & Rangerz [FEIA]
      (A: 16.040.943.000, D: 2.518.094.000 + additional)


      just one small CR that gameforge wont let us perpetuate
      cause when a sportsman wins gold, he dont need to get his medal, i mean, what for?
    • piink wrote:

      And that's what we are here for, we are having a conversation :)

      I also understand that sometimes the lack of information on some cases bring up complaints, but we cannot always give information just like that. In the other hand sometimes plans change and info comes in the last minute or info we have is not valid anymore so it is not posted. The game is still under development, changes happen fast sometimes and it is not fair to put it all together and blame the team for it which is what I see the most in the last interventions here.

      Also, sometimes complaints don't have a background, meaning, just by saying " there is a bad administration" you don't really help in here so now I'm gonna ask directly, talking about general issues, what are the issues that you see that bother the community the most and what would you do to solve it? And saying a GO or a moderator has to be replace because I don't like him doesn't help neither.
      Communication could be better, and overall attitude towards the players need to change. Ive had specific issues that get ignored or take long responses. I left this team because I didn't feel the team had the best intrest of the users, but rather some alternative means to control things. The replies are snarky or short (as in rude) and generally not very helpful. There is no reason to get hateful to anyone here, remember we are paying customers. I mean how many admins have we gone through in the last year? Former staff have all spoken up against the attitude of staff, and this is why you will continue to loose players and staff. The volunteer staff here is here for customer service, when they are not delivering quality customer service, they are the front line people that make your company look bad, and ultimately cause them to loose money. Ive contacted team members with literally no response to this day on multiple occasions. Ive asked questions, made comments about things that get ignored and then I get 3, thats THREE accidental bans in a 6 month spam and im just supposed to be ok with that.

      @Valent It seems like you have been avoiding me for idk how long. I have called you out several times and messaged you on IRC and you have just completely ignored me. Your comments about being short staffed is rubbish really. No one is forcing you to be a team member of God only knows how many coms, being stretched thin and forcing staff away is your own doing. Long replies are too be expected I dont think anyone cares too much that you take an extra day to respond to a ticket, but ignoring and being overall jerks to the users is completely inexcusable. If your first question to yourself isnt "what would the users think of this, or is there a better way" then you need to leave. I find the lack of accountability on your end displeasing and as you very well know it led to several staff leaving. You realize no one wants to join the staff because no one respects the people running it right? Perhaps if the staff treated the users better we wouldn't have unis with only a hundred active players and gameforge wouldn't have to lay off so many people. User treatment is key

      Sig by Blackmass
    • If my first language would be English, and my written and spoken English would be flawless(in case my irony dosent hit, i need to explain: English is not my first language, and my written and spoken English is way out of the flawless area :D )

      or

      if the dude above would have been my minion and do what ever i would tell him to do(just to delimit him from me, because i was the one who wanted to do what he wanted to do, and not him, he is not my minion :D )

      then

      i must admit that what is written above my post hits almost all the problems, it would be 100% purefect if there would be more about the "hidden projects/friendships among staff and players", but for the masses and surface its more then okay and accurate.

      Great King Pat wrote:

      For the record, no such scrap push hits have ever happened in ASSASSIN NOR would they be tolerated as long as i am leader. Everyone over here cares enough about the game to know right from wrong on this issue.

      Uni 1 will be like a prison & Urza will be the big black guy that wants to bum u in da ass. Avoid at all costs. ;)
    • After re-reading the Kevlar's post 2 times more, i felt the need to add this: it is nice that a former staff lets everyone know a bit of the negative background, and personally enjoying/savoring the "I didn't feel the team had the best interest of the users, but rather some alternative means to control things" phrase, also i feel intrigued and curious about the "control things" meaning, but i guess we will never know more :D

      Great King Pat wrote:

      For the record, no such scrap push hits have ever happened in ASSASSIN NOR would they be tolerated as long as i am leader. Everyone over here cares enough about the game to know right from wrong on this issue.

      Uni 1 will be like a prison & Urza will be the big black guy that wants to bum u in da ass. Avoid at all costs. ;)
    • Bibas wrote:

      After re-reading the Kevlar's post 2 times more, i felt the need to add this: it is nice that a former staff lets everyone know a bit of the negative background, and personally enjoying/savoring the "I didn't feel the team had the best interest of the users, but rather some alternative means to control things" phrase, also i feel intrigued and curious about the "control things" meaning, but i guess we will never know more :D
      That opinion has nothing to do with me being part of the team? I am a user first and I didnt like the way the board deletion was handled in particular. I have no idea what goes on above me and my opinion was strictly as a user.

      Sig by Blackmass
    • KeVLaR wrote:

      Bibas wrote:

      After re-reading the Kevlar's post 2 times more, i felt the need to add this: it is nice that a former staff lets everyone know a bit of the negative background, and personally enjoying/savoring the "I didn't feel the team had the best interest of the users, but rather some alternative means to control things" phrase, also i feel intrigued and curious about the "control things" meaning, but i guess we will never know more :D
      That opinion has nothing to do with me being part of the team? I am a user first and I didnt like the way the board deletion was handled in particular. I have no idea what goes on above me and my opinion was strictly as a user.
      I get what you say, but you where more then a simple user, or at least that's what i think(and here by i mean being in da staff team, even if only on da boards).

      Great King Pat wrote:

      For the record, no such scrap push hits have ever happened in ASSASSIN NOR would they be tolerated as long as i am leader. Everyone over here cares enough about the game to know right from wrong on this issue.

      Uni 1 will be like a prison & Urza will be the big black guy that wants to bum u in da ass. Avoid at all costs. ;)
    • Let's not transform this conversation into an argument.
      KeVlaR I am not going to ask you in publicm but I would like to know more about your discomfort regarding the deletion of I don't know what board ( I guess I was not here when that happened). If you feel like talking about it I'll be waiting for the PM :) maybe I can help you understand or maybe you can help me understand what was the situation and maybe there is more we can talk about it if it doesn't involve private data from someone else.
    • KeVLaR wrote:

      piink wrote:

      And that's what we are here for, we are having a conversation :)

      I also understand that sometimes the lack of information on some cases bring up complaints, but we cannot always give information just like that. In the other hand sometimes plans change and info comes in the last minute or info we have is not valid anymore so it is not posted. The game is still under development, changes happen fast sometimes and it is not fair to put it all together and blame the team for it which is what I see the most in the last interventions here.

      Also, sometimes complaints don't have a background, meaning, just by saying " there is a bad administration" you don't really help in here so now I'm gonna ask directly, talking about general issues, what are the issues that you see that bother the community the most and what would you do to solve it? And saying a GO or a moderator has to be replace because I don't like him doesn't help neither.
      Communication could be better, and overall attitude towards the players need to change. Ive had specific issues that get ignored or take long responses. I left this team because I didn't feel the team had the best intrest of the users, but rather some alternative means to control things. The replies are snarky or short (as in rude) and generally not very helpful. There is no reason to get hateful to anyone here, remember we are paying customers. I mean how many admins have we gone through in the last year? Former staff have all spoken up against the attitude of staff, and this is why you will continue to loose players and staff. The volunteer staff here is here for customer service, when they are not delivering quality customer service, they are the front line people that make your company look bad, and ultimately cause them to loose money. Ive contacted team members with literally no response to this day on multiple occasions. Ive asked questions, made comments about things that get ignored and then I get 3, thats THREE accidental bans in a 6 month spam and im just supposed to be ok with that.
      @Valent It seems like you have been avoiding me for idk how long. I have called you out several times and messaged you on IRC and you have just completely ignored me. Your comments about being short staffed is rubbish really. No one is forcing you to be a team member of God only knows how many coms, being stretched thin and forcing staff away is your own doing. Long replies are too be expected I dont think anyone cares too much that you take an extra day to respond to a ticket, but ignoring and being overall jerks to the users is completely inexcusable. If your first question to yourself isnt "what would the users think of this, or is there a better way" then you need to leave. I find the lack of accountability on your end displeasing and as you very well know it led to several staff leaving. You realize no one wants to join the staff because no one respects the people running it right? Perhaps if the staff treated the users better we wouldn't have unis with only a hundred active players and gameforge wouldn't have to lay off so many people. User treatment is key
      hats off my man :beer:
      Uni 24
      324 HoFs (78 Advanceds & 10 Top Tens)

      Stoped counting too long ago :beer:
    • Ogame is like the internet, there is so much wrong with it but it is so spread out that it probably too late to rectify things.

      Summarising the stats for all 28 servers from mmorpg-stat you get some very disappointing results worldwide.

      There 453608 registered accounts

      Only 112392 are active

      With 341216

      With 19152 in v mode

      And 322064 inactive not v moded

      This represents only 24.78% actually active !!!!

      I firmly believe that GameForge’s mind set is to blame for the decline in activity over the past 5 or 6 years leading to a loss of interest in the game and a loss of confidence in the GO system.

      Having played pretty much non stop for 11 years I have a view on what has gone wrong, however I cannot say whether it be fact or just my perception.

      Accountability and transparency.

      On the face of it, there is none.

      Piink is probably the first GF employee to actually communicate with players, as over the past 10 years GF have failed to listen to or talk to it’s customers. When they have, they hide behind data protection.

      Data Protection Laws are there to stop people and organisations from divulging personal info about users. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a GO responding to a ticket saying….

      I have investigated and found nothing wrong.
      I have investigated and the player has been warned about his conduct.

      I have investigated and the player has been banned for x days.


      The removal of the Pillory was a major mistake as it allowed players to see who was breaking/bending the rules as well as giving a clue to the performance of the GOs.

      The Game.

      The gap between DM non-users, users and abusers is too large for many people. They see that money rules and cannot compete and some quit.

      I believe that GF made a decision some years back to slow the development of an account so that people would stay and play longer and thus spend more DM. This has had the opposite effect as many get disillusioned with the lack of progress and quit.

      The tutorial tells people what to do but not necessarily how to do it. Many start off building fleet before they have the basics in place. They pass 500k points, get crashed – and quit.

      I assume that GF has to some extent realised that they slowed the development far to much as most of the new unis are multiple speed/economy.

      In my opinion, Astro has a lot to answer for in slowing the account development. In my case in Betel it will take me over 2 years and many billions of res to get a 14th planet, so I won’t bother as I do not intend to but DM to do it. Imagine the impact on a new player.

      Perhaps Astro should start at the 7th planet…..

      GOs

      Over the years I have known a few GOs and spoken with other players about the actions of GOs as well as reading other posts on the Forum.

      Whilst I have no evidence to support it, some actions by GOs and Officials have been rather dubious which has led to a perception that some maybe corrupt.

      In addition GOs tell me they do not have the tools to do a proper job, and when they do, the most they can do is slap a few wrists.

      It is no wonder the recruitment of GOs is at an all time low. I wouldn’t last 2 minutes as a GO before getting booted of for breach of Data Protection lol.

      I was told by a very senior GO that as most countries had given up the Death Penalty, GF would no longer be giving permanent bans, so I ask the question – Has anyone been banned for cheating in the past 12 months?
      ………………………..

      I know it is DM generated, but surely it is better to reduce the number of Unis with some clever merging rather than opening new ones and thus depleting the existing Unis further. Every time there is a mass migration to a new Uni, the old ones die a little more.


      Surely the emphasis should be to grow the existing base. The modern generation has so many online distractions, their attention spans are getting shorter rather than longer. How many people playin an hour or two a day are prepared to stick at it for a year or more before their accounts are a reasonable size?

      The highest participation of any Server is 36%

      6 are above 30%
      8 are below 20%

      14 are in the 20% bracket


      Sadly I remember the days of 6000 per Uni with 75% active…..

      Something is very wrong somewhere and I don’t think it rests with the players.
      ~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~

      U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 543~ ~ ~449 Solo [9 Top 10] / 94 ACS [4 x #1 + 10 Top 10]
      ~~ RIP 5850+