Probe Spam

• Spam

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Having issues with a player called "Chief Jupiter", he has been repeatedly spam probing me
      Woke up to over 800 probe reports this morning from him, picking a moon that has no fleet on so he does not lose his probes
      At one point he was also sending probes taking around 24 minutes to arrive
      Have opened a ticket about this issue but nothing seems to have happened
      Surely this sort of behaviour can't be allowed in game and is cosidered overview spam?
      Already messaged the player in question about this but it's not changed anything so I would appreciate if this could be dealt with ASAP
      Pm me in game if you need to sell deut
      Rate 2.4 - 1.4 - 1
    • if you already have opened a ticket, the GO/SGO of the universe should be dealing with the problem soon enough, you can always join the IRC to have a chat with them directly and explain your problem.

Iris

"I am a 2D oppai/petanko lolicon and I am proud of it."
      But I'm not limited to lolis.
      -Taiga, 2016
      Don't bother searching, for somebody like me
      Click here for board rules :)
      Smod
      My team: arMakedon, Handicapparking, Blondu, Legacyofdawn

• I was a bit confused when I saw the title... I barely mass probe these days ;)

Probes (attacks and missions) do not count towards the bashing rule

The spam section isn't so clear...
      8. Insults and Spam

Any kind of insult and spam are not allowed.

Clarifications

Anything that causes offense by being of an unacceptable quality that may hurt an individuals integrity is strictly forbidden.
      The standards in the game environment will be set by the game team to meet the users moral views.
      Content might be censored, punished in a temporary or permanent basis: no complaints will be processed about this and as always the final word will be with the game team.

Any situation intended to saturate a players interface through any method is forbidden.
      This includes but is not limited to:

• Personal Messages spam

• Probes spam

• Overview spam

• Advertising other games or content
      So basically there isn't a set number per hour or time that they travel.. you'll have to open a ticket and hope the GO is on your side.
      Thats if a GO replies to your ticket as I've heard they're slow to reply lately
      Since 2008
      Uni 1, 20, 29, 30, 38, 40, 44, Taurus, Kallisto, Polaris
      Active: Taurus & Polaris
      Posted HoFs in Taurus since April 2016: 137
      Posted HoFs in Polaris since May 2017: 2
    • Got a reply , been told it's being looked into but nothing happened
      Now we have another account doing it as well, likely created by the same player called "Renegade Zibal"
      I hope something gets done about this, as it fits the category of both probes spam and overview spam and is pretty annoying since it makes it hard to find my own espionage reports
      Rate 2.4 - 1.4 - 1
    • He might crack through your turtles, MD your G7 moons and blind return hit you... all in your offiline time :modo: :vain:
      Since 2008
    • Considered attacking him except he has virtually nothing worth hitting, don't really want to resort to spamming back

What I have done is used the "ignore player" option for now though, some of the messages he sent me yesterday were really odd

Saying he was going to report me for "cheating" ,openly admitted both of the accounts were his, then he changed the name on one account to MCW UKK, assuming he was going to try and get me banned for multi accounting

Then asking me if I played Runescape

lol
      Rate 2.4 - 1.4 - 1
    • "He might crack through your turtles, MD your G7 moons and blind return hit you... all in your offiline time"

prnt.sc/gv869p

Yep he went to all the effort to get grav, just to launch a single deathstar at me on a MD mission taking over 2 weeks to arrive

More spam i'm going to have to put up with, better make sure I have recyclers on standby (assuming he does not recall it of course)
      Rate 2.4 - 1.4 - 1
    • Would be nice if something was done. I now have 8 attack missions on my screen

He attacked me 7 times with 1 sc each taking over 4 days to arrive from what i'm pretty sure is his other account, that in itself breaks the bashing rule

Opened 2 tickets about this, can only hope that action is actually taken this time

No idea why 1 player would go to so much effort to annoy another player, that in itself is quite impressive really
      Rate 2.4 - 1.4 - 1
    • I can't believe you let them get grav tech... anyone could have seen this coming :zpopcorn:
      Since 2008
    • well i have only bad experiences with the probe spam

i was banned first in uni23 for trying to get a guy, who had only 2 rockets on his planet and nothing on his moon, and he did moon to own df with dummy's, and i couldnt do enough DF to see when his big fleet is recycling

the thing was that the player didnt report me(no one knew at that time what probe spam was) but a staff has auto-noticed himself and got me banned, later 2 players did proper probe spam to me and they got away with nothing not even a warn

later in the same year i watched a guy, and had probes arrive at him every 10 seconds(the "6 sec rule" was still in air at that time, so i try ed to avoid that), and guess what i was banned again for probe spam, i wanted to see when his fleet will arrive

about this kind of rules i am talking about, or all get banned or none

same happened with the 1 rip attack from g1 to g9, when i did it in response i was threatened by the staff to recall or accept the consequences, when it was done to me nothing happened, and the "attacker recalled in the last 3 seconds"

In your case i think you have to ask the staff to check who sent those accounts resources and maybe notice the guy too

Great King Pat wrote:

For the record, no such scrap push hits have ever happened in ASSASSIN NOR would they be tolerated as long as i am leader. Everyone over here cares enough about the game to know right from wrong on this issue.

Uni 1 will be like a prison & Urza will be the big black guy that wants to bum u in da ass. Avoid at all costs. ;)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bibas ().