DM Modifications

• Misc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• DM Modifications

I would like to make a Post to Game forge and to all players to see what they think....

Dm was introduced into the game for the game forge to make money, fine. Its a business at the end.

But how its being used has changed the game.

Why not allow Dm to be spend During attacks and 1 hour after an attack has happened so INSTA BUILDING doesnt happen.

As a fleeter the game kills us when you crash some1 and they come on minutes after the hit and Insta build RECYCLERs... no fun in the hunt anymore.. so with a small MODIFICATION of such sorts... the game will be fair to both sides.
      You have been Assassinated ! :rocketlauncher:
    • detroids are a method...

But no you are wrong... Instabuilding with DM is being used 90% of the time.. if people had these modifications done and used Detroids to insta build 2 k light lasers or 200 recyclers.. thats all fair... but using DM.

Changes need to be made... and i think Game Forge should take this seriously. It will bring alot of life back into the game. and if you are right most being detroids.. there should be no problem with the modifications.
    • How about they make it so you can't buy your way into the top 10 before they stop people instabuilding recs?

Of all the DM issues, people who get crashed building recs is pretty much bottom of my list. It's relevant for what? maybe 6 months in a speed uni and only affects probe and goes.

Weighing up the risks in securing your DF is one of the major aspects of fleeting and means you actually have to consider the game. Defenders having the ability to instabuild recs just adds another facet to this.
      Display Spoiler
      Uni 44 ASSASSIN - HoFs = 362 (inc. 129 Adv. + 19 Sup. Adv. + 1 Top 10 ACS)
      RIPs Killed = 1497

HoFs Against = 0
    • Your opinion that i bought myself in top 10 with DM...

Fact is check who has most destroyed units... i worked my self up the ranks buddy....

So if you havent been in the game long enough to know a fleeter and a DM user buying resources.. then better not to speak.

Obviously not all will agree with me,,

You and me both know You Assassins are in this uni and each one of you in a different alliance spying for one another.

So i respect your opinion,, but as a fleeter. Well its not just about the Df,, its also instabuilding defenses.

Whats wrong with Probe and Go???

if a NOOB forgets to fleetsave and i caught him... and he comes on after attack,, it ruins the fun of even attacking.
    • I didn't say that you weren't super active and making lots of hits. But my general comment stands. Initial investment buys people into the top 10 and fleets early. The same with accounts built to support those people aiming for top 10. The point is, instabuild is but a single dynamic that dm has changed, there are imho worse aspects it has brought to the game.

Instabuilding defences surely isn't a problem if you're watching you hits and watching for activity? I.e. actually fleeting well...

There's nothing wrong with probe and go if you are watching your hits and you accept the calculated risk of missing out on the df. Which was my earlier point.
      Display Spoiler
      Uni 44 ASSASSIN - HoFs = 362 (inc. 129 Adv. + 19 Sup. Adv. + 1 Top 10 ACS)
      RIPs Killed = 1497

HoFs Against = 0
    • i agree that players coming on and insta-building recs is a risk you have to take. in fact they could come on just before you hit - and then you would get nothing at all. or worse - dump it all in auction like happened to me once, lol. all players have a right to come on and prevent you from making profit from their accounts. insta-building is just one of their options.

re: new universes. hard to say one way or other whether to restrict DM from that. it is soul destroying sometimes to see someone "buying" their way to the top in a new universe. but often that person will only last up there for a matter of weeks. the more skilled players tend to make their presence felt soon enough.

plus, as said in another thread - DM is available to all. maybe you personally wouldn't do it. but the option is there should you choose to use it.
      TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1
      TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 41
      Adv x 255
      Basic x 1635

RIP KILLS 5671

• Dark Matter to me is a balancing tool. In this game those who have tons of free time and play the game 18 hours a day are going to have an advantage of someone who works full time. I think Dark matter is a great tool for those who work and can't be active to raid. It makes it so they can stay competitive against those who may not work or work part time. "Buying your way to the top" as some put it is just a method for those people who work 40 2 50 hours a week to help compete against those who may not work at all. (I'm am not assuming anyone here does not have a job it was just an example). I say insta building is fair and should not be changed but that is just my opinion. ;)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dark Dagger ().

• Night Assassin wrote:

New account 1st post.. you entered our uni and in less than a week climbed to rank 1.. Im pretty sure you belong to Game Forge
      !
      This strategy has been implemented for a long time in many online games.
      How do they make top players spend more money?
      They let an employee from the game development company join the game and make his way to #1, then, when the other top players find that someone has outranked them, they will be ready to spend more money to regain their rank.
    • I comepletelly agree with NightAssasin. Ress buying and Instabuilding is just to much allways. Making it possible during attack is complete idiotism. I got ninjad by player who I locked on lanx and he buyed ress and instabuilded defense in last seconds...
      Getting debris field in Virgo is also a real challenge. Only good thing is that is x5 eco and soon enough real fleeters will have hyperspace drive 15.
    • insta-build ninjas have been around for a while. next time, use your gut instincts. there is no way he can make several instantaneous clicks in the last few seconds. you must have seen him come on. probe like hell, dude. you will see him doing it. there is no such thing as a guaranteed hit. you need to have all these possibilties in your mind before you launch - and while flying.

a bad experience for you, but lesson learned i think :)
      Super Adv x 41
      Adv x 255
      Basic x 1635

RIP KILLS 5671

• baal wrote:

insta-build ninjas have been around for a while. next time, use your gut instincts. there is no way he can make several instantaneous clicks in the last few seconds. you must have seen him come on. probe like hell, dude. you will see him doing it. there is no such thing as a guaranteed hit. you need to have all these possibilties in your mind before you launch - and while flying.

a bad experience for you, but lesson learned i think
      Obviously you are not seeing at from a fleeters point of view or you are young and naive!

If you come from the old Ogame world non of this existed,, yeah now DM been around for a while.. so what that doesnt mean if this topic gets around and people start asking for a change it cant happen.

For your info, no such thing as a guaranteed hit, but there was the joy of flying. That demolished with these DM options.. fine keep it, but limit it at certain incidents, whats wrong with probe and fly, you think a great fleeter is only the one who can calculate a return trip or a fleet save on colony mission. If thats the only way for one to fly, then its not a fun game anymore. Plus this is a one time speed fleet uni, so without any limitations all you Noobs out there who disagree to this... basically will never understand the joy of a fleeter.
    • Night Assassin wrote:

baal wrote:

insta-build ninjas have been around for a while. next time, use your gut instincts. there is no way he can make several instantaneous clicks in the last few seconds. you must have seen him come on. probe like hell, dude. you will see him doing it. there is no such thing as a guaranteed hit. you need to have all these possibilties in your mind before you launch - and while flying.

a bad experience for you, but lesson learned i think
      Obviously you are not seeing at from a fleeters point of view or you are young and naive!
      If you come from the old Ogame world non of this existed,, yeah now DM been around for a while.. so what that doesnt mean if this topic gets around and people start asking for a change it cant happen.

For your info, no such thing as a guaranteed hit, but there was the joy of flying. That demolished with these DM options.. fine keep it, but limit it at certain incidents, whats wrong with probe and fly, you think a great fleeter is only the one who can calculate a return trip or a fleet save on colony mission. If thats the only way for one to fly, then its not a fun game anymore. Plus this is a one time speed fleet uni, so without any limitations all you Noobs out there who disagree to this... basically will never understand the joy of a fleeter.
      dude

talk to your assassin friends about whether i'm a fleeter or not - and how long i've been playing.

its not my fault if you were out-played. don't expect da whole game to change just because a defender got the better of you.

besides, fleeter or not, i believe in balance.

you talk of the "fun" of flying. well, defenders deserve a bit of fun too. its not all about you, kid.

by the way, i'm in my 70s. so yes - i have the right to call you kid :D
      Super Adv x 41
      Adv x 255
      Basic x 1635

RIP KILLS 5671

The post was edited 2 times, last by baal ().