DM Modifications

• Misc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I totally lolled at Baal being accused of not being a fleeter.

Seriously night assassin, you talk like none of us have fleeted in a single speed uni. Baal and I between have at least 20 years experience of fleeting in single speed. We may not always agree, but Baal does know his stuff when it comes to fleeting, so you just look like an imbecile when you try to argue back calling anyone who disagrees with you a noob
      Display Spoiler
      Uni 44 ASSASSIN - HoFs = 362 (inc. 129 Adv. + 19 Sup. Adv. + 1 Top 10 ACS)
      RIPs Killed = 1497

HoFs Against = 0
    • Have to agree with Pirate Andy(not because he's an old friend of mine) but because the game has changed so much since its inception that you either have to adapt to the new reality or simply move on to another game. Many players did just that when Officers were introduced back in I think 2005/2006(correct me if I'm wrong) and the game didn't die a horrible death(granted lets not kid ourselves that a lot of players did quit playing when Officers were introduced). With each new Premium feature addition, players must make that same decision: Adapt or quit.

I do agree however that the premium features have gotten out of hand. Commander I can see. Even Officers I can tolerate to a degree but when you start giving players the ability to instantly create ships or defenses out of thin air, much less BUY resources out of thin air(thereby circumventing the very core aspect of the game which is to build/upgrade MINES to produce those resources), the game quickly devolves into a pay to win aspect.

What Andy was getting at was back in the old days, you could set it and forget it for the most part and that was the case for the longest time until a new game mode became standard: ACS. ACS was exclusively Universe 5 for the longest time(Universe 5 pride YO!) and introduced the means of helping out Allies on Defense. This meant attackers couldn't just set it and forget it anymore but had to take more precaution when attacking. Its no different with Items, only this time you have to be better with regards to timing your Recyclers to hit seconds after the hit lands. Else you risk losing the DF to poachers(including the victim).
    • I am old school player and i despise the arrogance of DM buyers they often display. I attacked recently guy who relocated his planet to my system, he was so arrogant that he warned me of DM insta defense ninja. I continued cause i had back up of my nukes but still- planet relocations, insta defenses, insta recyclers... it is too much.

Buying DM does not make you good player, it makes you a customer. And sometimes, customers are douchebags.

In a words of immortal WW2 leader, Joseph Broz Tito: "I really hate DM players, they are not real players, they are SWAG FAGS!"
      "Last time the tribes from Balkan united, they defeated all DM buyers who relocated to Balkan! It was an special event known as the Second World War!" - Josip Broz Tito, famous Croatian and leader of yugoslav anti-fascist resistance
    • The topic is good,limit this part ..
      1.The cost of the resource at the time of the attack (1 h before and 1:30 h later) is impossible.
      2.Halve time cost: DM-impossible the same (1h before the attack and 1:30 h) after the attack.

*Imagine, the attacker can take DM from the attack...
      [metal,crystal,deuterium and DM] a crazy idea...

• Cro Geek Lord wrote:

In a words of immortal WW2 leader, Joseph Broz Tito: "I really hate DM players, they are not real players, they are SWAG FAGS!"

How not to quote this phrase.
      I am playing in Deimos.it and Kallisto.it. In the second one , our top1 fleet has made something like 210 reloc in less than 1 year. He is a good player? No.
      Anyway this is ogame actually and we must accept it. If you don't want to see this bullshit try changing game :D
    • well I was until introduction of ogame v3.0 one of the tops fleeters (my acc on board got deleted due to inactivity since then). At that time half of top fleeters quit with this game, because we knew that everything will be only on DM, no more skills.

now I play slowly as a raider (miner today you can't be anymore) as you need to farm inactive...please delete them or at least turn off their mines after 6 months of inactive status.

however relocations with DM are killing all unis. since i return in last 3 years relocations are killing my will to even start with building fleet as I know if I go to hunt top players their ally mates will come to his system next day to defend him, so the only thing I can do is move away or be destroyed on ninja or on return as they will come in his system with all their mighty moons in 24hours.

I was pain in the ass for top3 fleeter of the uni (and I was just a regular miner aroudn rank 30)...he relocated to my system, I crashed his moon few times (yeah after 2 hours he always had a new moon...again with DM), then he start sending moon destructions with 10k dessys to hit 1 sec before moon destruction, so no way to even defend yourself and then they call themself: THE BEST FLEETER IN OGAME HISTORY. well I have a news for you DM abusers: the best fleeters of ogame always came to you on moving colonies, without lanx, without moon protection. And the best: miners where they allies not enemies.

So from my point of view:
      relocations, instant builidng recs and DM merchant completly killed ogame to the point of no return.
    • thank you pirate andy :)

here's is a little tip for players like the thread starter.

next time GF bring in a new feature

don't cry

don't demand restrictions on it

don't complain that it's killed the game

ask yourself one question:

how can i use this to my advantage?

i have asked myself that question for the past decade, and that's how i've stayed at the top for so long.

like that guy said earlier - adapt, or find a new game.

i've said enough on this topic now. happy gaming to all :D
      TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1
      TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 41
      Adv x 255
      Basic x 1635

RIP KILLS 5671

• Well, DM is here, and here to stay, as GF is a company who wants to make profit,

Indeed it is not fun to see def insta recs, def or what else, BUT we know this can happen, so time recs better if possible, and if you get DM'd then so be it, it is the game now.

It is more difficult for fleeters now, but not all players use DM, and an extra challenge is not bad, it is even more rewarding if you do get your target now .

I was retired for a bit, but ogame is still too much fun and there are too many friends still who make it a fun and nice game .

So play on , or retire :fatgreengrin:

Though i would not mind a "insta-break" in last 5 or 10 minutues for defenses and or recs.
    • So if I want to play like a miner I need to buy 10M DM so when someone comes to destroy me (simply because I don't want to sell him deut or because I can be a danger to his rank) I simply run away from him?

yeah that is the spirit that gameforge wants and that is why when new universe starts it has 1000 players and not 4000 like 10 years ago.

I enter event server 1 weeks late and not even 4000 players or better with half a day of building mines, 12 hours of farming and 2 days of building defenses i ended in top500 ???? UNI35 was first 5x speed uni and after one month it was almost impossible to register new acc there because the limit of max players were reached in few days (I am not sure if the limit was 5000 or 15.000 players).

but yes relocation and detroid boosters makes this game better.

I still don't know why I am writing this, we tried with ogame v 2.0 and 3.0 at gameforge. At 2.0 we got promise that all old unis will stay on v1.x where are they now? at introduction of v 3.0 (those who remembers) ogame staff stayed without almost half of the staff and still what changed? before v3.0 after one year from start of the uni you had 20 vs 20 top 100fleeters who were hunting each other, few others top fleeters and a lot of miner who were under fleeters protection because of deut supply. but you had around 400-500 active players in 1 year old uni.

Today after 1 year of new uni you have top5 fleeters who are connected in their own ally and are slowly attacking with their planet relocation all others, 5 miners which are playing their own game and will quit as soon as one of top fleeter decides that it is time to take them out with relocations and 50 other semi active players who have 100x points less than top10. well I would like to start with building fleet and some rips, but I know that in less then 30 hours I will have 5 of them in my system with full developed moons and jumpgate active. if you crash their moons what you get? in 2 hours they have new moons with active jumpgate. So pointless.
    • i know i said i wasn't gonna say any more on this topic

but please listen

i hear this argument so many times:

the top guys are huge. if we don't sell deut they will destroy us. there is nothing we can do.

and it is so untrue. or at least it doesn't have to pan out that way.

it is not about size of fleets, it is about your own skills vs theirs.

big fleeters will often spout a load of bull about what they will or won't do to you if you don't do this or that. but this is a game of strategy. there are so many things you can do.

i have 3rd biggest fleet in universe 1. by your argument i could just smash and bash my way through the vast majority of others in that universe. and sometimes i do destroy accounts. but there are are many skilled players in that universe - on both sides. honestly man, its not about numbers or DM. its about how you play your account.

i feel really sad when i hear players talking like above. cos its just not true.

the best defence in ogame is PLAY GOOD.
      Super Adv x 41
      Adv x 255
      Basic x 1635

RIP KILLS 5671

• and what can you do? Yeah I could start building fleet but to counter 30k destroyers buffed with unlimited amount of dark matter you need one hell of a fleet.

as a miner I had all 12 planets in few systems, I was selling him deut for half a year with ratio 2,4:1,4:1, then he said he will quit and went in vac mode for 2 or 3 months in this time I got new buyer 2,5:1,5:1 ratio and the first one come back FIRST send espionage on me and then he wanted deut for 2,3:1,3:1, I said to him 2,4:1,4:1 is good for me and he relocated his moon to my system and start bashing me (he was banned after 12 hours for bashing as GO waited for COMA to ban him...looks like he buyed to much DM - it was a clean bash at least 10 attacks per planet in 60minutes). I farmed him once, proved that he is using alarm script and reported him (ofcourse without ban). after this he turned his alarm script off as he was scared so we were able to destroy few of his moons and then we decided that you are not allowed to pee against wind so we quit the uni with one top10 and one top 20 acc and I think that at that time 3 or 4 others top30 players quit for the same reason.

simply DM is too powerfull and if you buy DM you are allowed to do almost anything. why I am still around? well good question, simply this game was my favourite from 2006 until 2010 or 2012 (whenever the introduced v3.0), but it became to soft for me. cheating is allowed, bashing is ok but you can get banned for a day or two. bring back good old days when you were banned for 3 days without vac mode for just saying : F*** you.
    • LOL

i remember the white bans. sometimes it was a good strategy to wind them up so much they would spew a stream of obscenities - and BINGO! white ban :D

anyway, seems like you gave that knuckle dragger (described above) a pretty tough time. and now you are back. well done :thumbup:
      Super Adv x 41
      Adv x 255
      Basic x 1635

RIP KILLS 5671

• Whats wrong with you boy?

When someone else use DM to do something than DM is worst thing in the world but when you use DM than everything its good.

You moved your planet few times and thats good way to spend DM but when guy insta build recs to take your DF thats not good, im gonna QQ on forum.

As we all know you are one of heavy DM users in game and we didint expect you to start this thread.

Dont be pu*y and play this game with or without DM and let players pick there way how to play.
      Opinions are like appholes. Everyone has one.
    • bTn wrote:

Whats wrong with you boy?

When someone else use DM to do something than DM is worst thing in the world but when you use DM than everything its good.

You moved your planet few times and thats good way to spend DM but when guy insta build recs to take your DF thats not good, im gonna QQ on forum.

As we all know you are one of heavy DM users in game and we didint expect you to start this thread.

Dont be pu*y and play this game with or without DM and let players pick there way how to play.

Ahahhahahah, many DM dudes gonna feel butthurt but that is why i like bTn and that kind of players
      "Last time the tribes from Balkan united, they defeated all DM buyers who relocated to Balkan! It was an special event known as the Second World War!" - Josip Broz Tito, famous Croatian and leader of yugoslav anti-fascist resistance
    • I really hate spending money on this game, but have spent a bit to get Commander. In this uni I have fallen foul of DM insta defence and got ninjad. And I too did the same to someone a week later. Swings and Round-abouts. But its true that this should be stopped tbh it shows no skill at all. If a block on shipyard rushing 30 mins or even 10 mins before hit then that would be fair!
      In every job that must be done, There is an element of fun
      You find the fun and snap! The job's a game

And every task you undertake, Becomes a piece of cake
      A lark! A spree! It's very clear to see that!

A Spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!
    • DarkAlien wrote:

The topic is good,limit this part ..
      1.The cost of the resource at the time of the attack (1 h before and 1:30 h later) is impossible.
      2.Halve time cost: DM-impossible the same (1h before the attack and 1:30 h) after the attack.

*Imagine, the attacker can take DM from the attack...
      [metal,crystal,deuterium and DM] a crazy idea...

DM killed ogame, IMO
      Stealing DM would be crazy :thumbsup:
    • In order for this game to be fair, it would have to be run like a sport, with everybody starting at the same time, with the same equipment or tools, and for the same amount of time.

This is impossible. There will always be players with more time, or more money, or who had a head start by joining earlier. That's just how it is.

I think the only new feature I truly object to is buying resources. That just seems idiotic to me. The game is about gaining resources in some way, be it raids, or trading, or mining. Buying resources makes the game itself pointless.

However, I have yet to find an idiot who actually does buy resources. In fact, every time I've looked at the option I think - you gotta be kidding, lol. For a stupidly high price I can buy 10 m deut ... which is peanuts where I play.

So if anyone actually uses that option, I feel sorry for you. You must be truly desperate, lol.
      uni 3, uni 12, uni 44, uni andromeda - retired
      uni 1 - active
    • I like the idea of stealing DM from attacks being allowed...

and for you BTN boys and who ever baal thinks he is.. i dont care about all you have to say. I opened this thread to discuss with people and there are some valid points being made. But you think you can troll and twist someones words, that aint ok. So less talking in my thread please unless its a valid point, thank you. I am not here to diss anyone, ill do that ingame with fleet and with not with weird ingame msgs saying how mighty you are.... Good luck

Buying resources is more than just idiotic. We understand ogame forge are looking to make money back.. but common selling the very thing that makes this game tick?
      You have been Assassinated ! :rocketlauncher: