DM Modifications

• Misc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gabe wrote:

Before DM, there was 10k people in each server and it was capped few days after

server was released. 2-3 servers after DM was released, there was no more then 4-5k people AT THE TOP OF UNIVERSES.

Last 20 servers omfg are basically filled with like 3k people TOPS, and within 2 months, there's 1000 people in 1

uni: 500 semi active, 400 active, and 100 of those who suck DM like mosquito victim's blood.
      Well the gaming scene evolved as well, this is what you've not taken into consideration.

You have WII, PS2/3/4, Xbox, etc... so a lot of the players prefer to kill time playing something fun with their real life friends rather than sitting in front of the PC and dying a slow and miserable death because you want to keep your fleet safe.

anyway, the DM functionality is good and so is the price, you want premium service then you got it. There's no need for modification, the only people who crib and cry about DM are people who can't afford it are just to cheap to purchase any... It's like going to a concert and demanding the ticket pricing to be changed at the gate, well sit at home and watch their old shows on youtube... you get the picture and my point, aye?

Don't let the game play you, instead of that Vmode fleetsave and play the game whenever you want.

Arhangelo/Saw: u are too dangerous.. even while moon shoting

Flops of the Century:

RinTinuNinu Poor 20.543.567 -75.388.042
      Karma Closed 15.952.274 -61.024.373
      Venku Ordo Closed 36.238.268 -17.684.415
    • MikeGrinder6 wrote:

Gabe wrote:

Before DM, there was 10k people in each server and it was capped few days after

server was released. 2-3 servers after DM was released, there was no more then 4-5k people AT THE TOP OF UNIVERSES.

Last 20 servers omfg are basically filled with like 3k people TOPS, and within 2 months, there's 1000 people in 1

uni: 500 semi active, 400 active, and 100 of those who suck DM like mosquito victim's blood.
      Well the gaming scene evolved as well, this is what you've not taken into consideration.
      You have WII, PS2/3/4, Xbox, etc... so a lot of the players prefer to kill time playing something fun with their real life friends rather than sitting in front of the PC and dying a slow and miserable death because you want to keep your fleet safe.

anyway, the DM functionality is good and so is the price,[/u] you want premium service then you got it. There's no need for modification, the only people who crib and cry about DM are people who can't afford it are just to cheap to purchase any... It's like going to a concert and demanding the ticket pricing to be changed at the gate, well sit at home and watch their old shows on youtube... you get the picture and my point, aye?
      I'm really sorry, but i couldn't really read this till the end the moment i saw THIS!

It's like someone telling me: "drink HClO7, it's really healty :censored: , you definitely gonna like it" O.o

Oooookay, i guess it's time to raise the enchor again and sail out of this

already doomed game, :censored: it...
      Warned for inappropriate language-Clittle

The post was edited 2 times, last by clittle ().

• A single PS4 games costs about 1,000,000 DM, so what's the issue? I don't see it. I spend most of my time playing the game, so a little bit of DM wouldn't hurt anybody plus it's available for everybody.

You're looking for a free online game? Good luck finding that.

I used to be like you guys, wanting a non-DM play but tbh, DM is just premium service and as mentioned above, I spend most of my time here, so i'd rather put a few $ here than a night out clubbing.

BTW, there's non-dm retro universe out there, I just don't have the link but someone has it if that's what you're looking for.

Don't let the game play you, instead of that Vmode fleetsave and play the game whenever you want.

Arhangelo/Saw: u are too dangerous.. even while moon shoting

Flops of the Century:

RinTinuNinu Poor 20.543.567 -75.388.042
      Karma Closed 15.952.274 -61.024.373
      Venku Ordo Closed 36.238.268 -17.684.415
    • Skipped past a few of the comments since it looked like many turned away from the original topic. I don't see DM as an issue though.

If someone relocates to your system, just move your fleet to another moon, if you only have 1 moon then it's not an issue just be more careful and don't leave fleet sitting for long or just fleet save it.

I've never spent insane amounts of money on DM, the odd fiver here and there for a couple of merchant trades when I need it quickly or commander for a few weeks early on to que buildings up.

I've always managed to get to a decent rank in the UNIs I play in from raiding often enough, playing safe and investing res wisely, the other day in uriel I tracked someones fleet back from a moon attack and he isntabuilt loads of LFs, Recyclers and bought res to pay for it all so he could recoup the DF and lower his losses. It didn't bother me at all, it was only 1 days worth of mines, plus he is only rank 160ish. Apparently he has done similar things to other people and spends loads on DM but yet can't break the top 100. DM can't buy you a good rank, you still have to be good enough to play the game and sustain that rank.

Most of the best players I learn't of in that past, never paid for DM, they just knew the game, played actively and many used mobile colonys to get them into the top 10 spots. Yes DM helps, but you don't need it to succeed
      Universe 7 - Ally - Retired top 200
      Universe Orion - Killers - Retired top 25
      Universe Uriel - F P A - Active
      Universe Virgo - Killers - Active
    • of course you don't need DM for top10.

honesly I don't know even if there are more than 5 good players per UNI after 6 months from opening. As a miner I am top10 overall and I will never buy single unit of DM. but what is scaring for me? As a miner I made a small calculation few days ago if I throw all my current resources to fleet I will have top5 fleet by power in just 3 weeks. In front of me would be only few DM abusers and 1 maybe 2 turtles. and until now I build maybe 100 cruisers and 4 destroyers (for sending expos). As much as I am today online 10 years ago I would be now around rank 300 or even 500. so where are all the good players?

I think most of them quited long ago because of legal cheats. sorry someone who uses planet relocations with dark matter will never be a good player for me and he will never get any respect from my side. DM is killing ogame quickly and I am in this game from 2006. In 11 years I see only less and less active new universes, so don't you think gameforge is doing something wrong if they can't keep players in this game anymore?

for ogame v2.0 was the only problem because they introduced some fancy design and from fleetsaving in 2-3 seconds you go to 7 seconds and more. lag jumped from 1-2 sec to 5-8s. most of the things needed 2 or even 3 more clicks then in v1.0 for dooing the exactly same thing - this is stupid and it will be stupid (can anyone really play effective today without AGO?).

and then they started with more stupid ideas and more and more dark matter.
    • and here we are again.

for second time in second uni...game over for me in this game because of planet relocations with DM. TO GAMEFORGE (even if I know that this doesn't help you to listen as you never did in my 11 years of playing this game) this time I QUIT FOR GOOD! only because of planet relocations.

more info will follow in different thread, when the time comes. maybe tomorrow, maybe in 2 weeks, maybe in 2 months I don't know, but I will never come back to ogame when i quit if you don't change DM relocation rule and moon boosters. With changing this rule, you give players who don't use DM for boosters (we can still buy a lot of DM for using officers BTW) a chance to defending themselfs. Right now, defending against boosters is useless. However I quit with playing in 2012 and come back in late 2015, I played since then in two unis as top 30 without buying a single dark matter and with less than 5 hours per day online time. Yes I don't help GAMEFORGE with this but what can this tell you? some low active player can be top 30 without a problem, now lets go back to year 2008. I was online more than 12 hours per day, from time to time even 20 hours per day and where was I? top 20 was reserved for players online 24/7 with officers, top50 was reserved for players who were online almost 24/7 and I was fighting for top80. in one year old uni you had still around 100 very active fleeters if not 200.

now lets see why my best ogame friends quits before with active playing (this is players that we played in old few old unist together)
      top2 fleeter: redesing 2.0
      top10 fleeter: redesing 2.0
      top100 fleeter: redesing 2.0
      top30 fleeter: redesign 2.0
      top5 fleeter: redesign 3.0
      myself first time quit: redesign 3.0
      myself and my friend for second time: DM relocations. well I believe that something is wrong with us not with ogame...
    • Night Assassin wrote:

I would like to make a Post to Game forge and to all players to see what they think....

Dm was introduced into the game for the game forge to make money, fine. Its a business at the end.

But how its being used has changed the game.

Why not allow Dm to be spend During attacks and 1 hour after an attack has happened so INSTA BUILDING doesnt happen.

As a fleeter the game kills us when you crash some1 and they come on minutes after the hit and Insta build RECYCLERs... no fun in the hunt anymore.. so with a small MODIFICATION of such sorts... the game will be fair to both sides.
      saying that is like saying DM can not be used to reloc
      and I think you are pretty expierenced in that :fatgreengrin:

you only suggest that cause that is YOUR negative side of DM
      but try to think how all people you crashed by a reloc... :headbanging:

werent you the guy that said to me to live with DM
      well, start by doing it yourself :youcrazy:

dont get me wrong: DM ruined this game completly
      but be wise with wat you ask and suggest :shrug:
    • The one thing I don't get with everyone complaining about people relocating, don't even need to name names. is that uriel has reached the stage now where I can set up a mobile colony in someones system while there sleeping, run a few moonshots overnight and have a moon there cheaply enough. Which would put me in the exact same situation as a relocation would, now If i hit someone like that which other players have done in uriel already everyone would say what a great hit, but when someone relocates here in virgo they are instantly a DM abuser/unskilled/noob,

No real difference except someone wanted to spend money doing it to make life easier, so they don't have to use a mobile colony and perform MS's everytime, but it would result in the exact same outcome. As well Virgo is x1 fleet speeds for gods sake, how the hell are so many people getting caught idling in a x1 fleet speed uni. In Uriel its x3, I can hit people multiple systems away quicker than I could ever do in Virgo been in the same system as them. I know Uriel is an older server but still. if someone moves into you're system, move away or fleetsave its that simple and yet everyone still seems to get hit and whine like a 5 year old girl afterwards complaining that if DM wasn't around they wouldn't been hit, yes you would stop complaining, learn from you're mistakes and stop whining on every post and cr on the boards
    • Game Forge will not take away anything that makes them money like many people have said. We have been dealing with this DM garbage since basically 2009-2010 when I had enough of it and quit. I decided to give it one more try and started an account up in this universe the other day and already ninja smacked someone attacking me thanks to insta-build defense. I must say it feels cheap to win a battle that way, but its part of the game now.

The suggestion I would make to them is start a new universe that does not have any of this DM garbage, stupid rapid speed attacks or resource boosts (leaving the existing universes alone). Give us old school rules back and let the titans clash once and for all letting everyone start from square 1 with a fair shake.
      Midnight - IVI IVI - Marauders

Kickin AzZ and recycling debris since 2006
    • Captain Spaulding wrote:

The one thing I don't get with everyone complaining about people relocating, don't even need to name names. is that uriel has reached the stage now where I can set up a mobile colony in someones system while there sleeping, run a few moonshots overnight and have a moon there cheaply enough. Which would put me in the exact same situation as a relocation would, now If i hit someone like that which other players have done in uriel already everyone would say what a great hit, but when someone relocates here in virgo they are instantly a DM abuser/unskilled/noob,

No real difference except someone wanted to spend money doing it to make life easier, so they don't have to use a mobile colony and perform MS's everytime, but it would result in the exact same outcome. As well Virgo is x1 fleet speeds for gods sake, how the hell are so many people getting caught idling in a x1 fleet speed uni. In Uriel its x3, I can hit people multiple systems away quicker than I could ever do in Virgo been in the same system as them. I know Uriel is an older server but still. if someone moves into you're system, move away or fleetsave its that simple and yet everyone still seems to get hit and whine like a 5 year old girl afterwards complaining that if DM wasn't around they wouldn't been hit, yes you would stop complaining, learn from you're mistakes and stop whining on every post and cr on the boards

I would also add that moving in with a mobile can even be more efficient as you cannot see it coming 24 hours in advance... If you moon it ASAP, it is more of a surprise effect. If you are chasing someone skilled, mobile planets are probably the most cost-efficient way to go.

BUT, the thing is, we all know there will always be overconfident, lazy or careless players who will leave their fleet lying around, especially in a slow uni like this one. Anyone who has access to more DM will be able to hit those players much more easily and at a lesser res cost, and will be able to move multiple planets around at a time, without losing all their buildings. So they will have an advantage when trying to catch careless players and will be able to land more hits in the same time span, unavoidably leading to faster growth.

That is why when we see re-locaters spam fleet crashes and brag about how mighty they are in an arrogant manner, some people have reactions as we have seen.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord of Ice ().

• Captain Spaulding wrote:

Skipped past a few of the comments since it looked like many turned away from the original topic. I don't see DM as an issue though.

If someone relocates to your system, just move your fleet to another moon, if you only have 1 moon then it's not an issue just be more careful and don't leave fleet sitting for long or just fleet save it.

I've never spent insane amounts of money on DM, the odd fiver here and there for a couple of merchant trades when I need it quickly or commander for a few weeks early on to que buildings up.

I've always managed to get to a decent rank in the UNIs I play in from raiding often enough, playing safe and investing res wisely, the other day in uriel I tracked someones fleet back from a moon attack and he isntabuilt loads of LFs, Recyclers and bought res to pay for it all so he could recoup the DF and lower his losses. It didn't bother me at all, it was only 1 days worth of mines, plus he is only rank 160ish. Apparently he has done similar things to other people and spends loads on DM but yet can't break the top 100. DM can't buy you a good rank, you still have to be good enough to play the game and sustain that rank.

Most of the best players I learn't of in that past, never paid for DM, they just knew the game, played actively and many used mobile colonys to get them into the top 10 spots. Yes DM helps, but you don't need it to succeed

If a large enough group of people on a team that know how to use a calculator want you dead, they will get you if they are willing to spend enough money and time to do it. I have crashed people that way, and I nearly got owned twice with people doing it to me. Part of my job in U3 and U1 at times was to just watch people fleet save, record the times, and track decoys (Wasted years of my life I will never get back tracking web ships? How the heck did my wife no leave me....). I had a team get 6 waves on me and nearly trash me. They got 2-7 seconds behind all of my decoys including my fleet. Luckily I was deploying on that one so I could recall, and they nearly return hit that getting 11 seconds behind the return. I never saw it coming cause they used DM to swoop in. Luckily I was awake to save my bacon. I don't think using mobile colonies could have pulled that off. DM is what allowed that to happen. I believe that is the argument being presented. I quit shortly after merging with U1 so they never got me. They managed to get most of my group however. I would have had to resort to dark matter moving my planets around all the time to survive and that ain't happening. This was many years ago however when DM first hit the scene. Its been around long enough now you would think people are getting use to it. I got promoted a few times at work since then so I might be able to afford to run this time from the dark matter abusers...
      Midnight - IVI IVI - Marauders

Kickin AzZ and recycling debris since 2006
    • BeaVerPaTroL wrote:

Captain Spaulding wrote:

Skipped past a few of the comments since it looked like many turned away from the original topic. I don't see DM as an issue though.

If a large enough group of people on a team that know how to use a calculator want you dead, they will get you if they are willing to spend enough money and time to do it. I have crashed people that way, and I nearly got owned twice with people doing it to me. Part of my job in U3 and U1 at times was to just watch people fleet save, record the times, and track decoys (Wasted years of my life I will never get back tracking web ships? How the heck did my wife no leave me....). I had a team get 6 waves on me and nearly trash me. They got 2-7 seconds behind all of my decoys including my fleet. Luckily I was deploying on that one so I could recall, and they nearly return hit that getting 11 seconds behind the return. I never saw it coming cause they used DM to swoop in. Luckily I was awake to save my bacon. I don't think using mobile colonies could have pulled that off. DM is what allowed that to happen. I believe that is the argument being presented. I quit shortly after merging with U1 so they never got me. They managed to get most of my group however. I would have had to resort to dark matter moving my planets around all the time to survive and that ain't happening. This was many years ago however when DM first hit the scene. Its been around long enough now you would think people are getting use to it. I got promoted a few times at work since then so I might be able to afford to run this time from the dark matter abusers...
      In Virgo I play different, since I'm a miner with no fleet I don't need to spread out my planets, but in other Uni's I have played I always spread out my planets, for instance in uriel I have 8 mooned planets miles away from each other all jumpgated. If someone/group was coming after me using relocations, they would have to cover 8 different moons and try find out which one I'm fleetingsaving from or between which is no easy task with or without DM and would cost a bomb.

If you have all you're planets in one spot or only have one moon, then relocations can be annoying for someone I guess, but still should someone be building a huge fleet if they have one moon? or all there planets clumped up together, plus same again if you're fleetsaving from a moon using a colony ship, fleetsave and log of a while later and log in before you're fleet lands (both times with large changing gaps making activity on you're moon and even send decoy fleets if you want or split it up into smaller amounts) and mix up you're fleetsaving pattern times as well, no one will be able to time you back to you're moon since there is nothing to time you back on, it would be a pure guess and they only way they could get you is a MD, which you don't need to be in the same system for, just have a big lanx.

I never got people complaining about DM really, lots of players left when it came in yeah yeah, apparently they were all the best players as well :quote: when people complain about DM ninja's as well, how do people not realize someone is active there or slow down at least for timers, if someone can get DM ninjaed, theres same chance of them getting ninjaed without dm by fleet