Why is there a War RIO vs MINE?

• Misc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why is there a War RIO vs MINE?

I'm a member of MINE, and i enjoy the game in a way that is potentially not the same as others.
      I 100% support the competitive play dynamics of the game, and actually love the extra threat that seems to be the intention behind the War system.

That said, even though I have played for many years, this is my first War, and i find the process bizarre, and annoying. Not the threat - that's fun:P The literal process, the rules, and the basic intent.

Being specific, I don't really understand the following:
      1) why is there no in-client documentation on the war system, and no notifications? I had to come to forums to even get started with understanding the process and implications. and well, these forums are clunky, and the War rules don't really provide any details on what is about to happen.

2) how is allowing the bashing rule to be suspended good for the game?
      specifically when one alliance wants nothing to do with the war.

3) what is needed for this war to end?
      The rules appear written for alliances that WANT to go to war... Can we simply declare RIO the winner and re-instate the bashing rule?
      As written, the rules suggest that a War can end when the alliance is "destroyed" - which i assume means when all the players in the alliance quit the game or quit the alliance. Why on earth is that part of the design?

And again, I'm trying to get understanding.

Up until now, I've been playing a rather casual and fun game of colony building, with the occasional giant army of doom storming my bases, fleets, or moons :P
    • #1 is a question everybody has asked about a billion times. Because you are right. Last I heard, GF was slowly doing something in that area, about 14 years too late.

#2 and #3 has the same answer. The number one reason for declaring war is to get rid of that annoying rule, mostly to make MD-ing easier. Few, if any, care about the glory, fame and renown some might believe is the reward for war. But no. I'd guesstimate about 4 / 5ths of all wars are publicly declared for the sole purpose of getting rid of the bashing rule, and I am inclined to say, that it is more likely to be too low a guess rather than too high. If it wasn't for that far too restrictive rule (at least when it comes to MD), most conflicts would be resolved without the need to formally declare war.
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS

Kamil wrote:

Authority and rules are created to be opposed :D
    • in a genuine war, conditions can be set. these can vary according to what the alliance wishes to achieve. i agree that there needs to be a point at which the war can be declared as won or lost. and i don't think it should be dictated by GF. i think it should be decided by the participants.

as things currently stand, a war is declared over if no war hits have been posted within a certain period. it used to be 14 days, but i think that might have changed.

that's cool for wars which drag on for ever ... but maybe the rules could tighten up a bit regarding that.

i think it should be mandatory that an end point is decided, and conditions for surrender are established.

regarding wars which are declared simply for MD purposes - not sure what to suggest regarding that. i guess the target could avoid the inevitable MD bashing by temporarily quitting the alliance.
      TOP 1 (solo) x 2 (ACS) x 1
      TOP 10 (solo) x 3 (ACS) x 9
      Super Adv x 51
      Adv x 272
      Basic x 1648

RIP KILLS 6242

• Quit your crying! War is over! We have accomplished what we said we would do and have taken Rocket_Angel out of commission and put an end to Gunner's multi/resource provider. He has left M1NE alliance and has found safety behind the blue shield..... for now at least. All this was done without any other member of M1NE ever probed. We aren't the bullies of Unity or any other noob alliance that's crossed our path and lost. We enjoy playing this game just like the next person. So happy ogame and happy hunting to all.

P.S
      If you don't want to give my guys a reason to IPM, bashing or MD your push account, I would highly recommend you don't bother bringing that account back out of vmode, Gunner!
      RIPs Destroyed:

Alliances Defeated:
      Felon
      LOS
      SLW
      Poor
      Unity

• War_Machine wrote:

Quit your crying! War is over! We have accomplished what we said we would do and have taken Rocket_Angel out of commission and put an end to Gunner's multi/resource provider. He has left M1NE alliance and has found safety behind the blue shield..... for now at least. All this was done without any other member of M1NE ever probed. We aren't the bullies of Unity or any other noob alliance that's crossed our path and lost. We enjoy playing this game just like the next person. So happy ogame and happy hunting to all.

P.S
      If you don't want to give my guys a reason to IPM, bashing or MD your push account, I would highly recommend you don't bother bringing that account back out of vmode, Gunner!
      Thanks for the reply WM.

And honestly, i respect and appreciate your way of playing a lot. Glad to hear this is resolved.

Also thank you to the others for the replies about how the system works - I did not really get it at first, but your input is helping me understand better. For example, i now see how the bashing rule is a problem by being so strict.
    • omg why i left that game lol still many rage on air lol
      "He has left M1NE alliance and has found safety behind the blue shield" that one killed me ahhahaha the most rabbit arround talking about v mode xD
      btw hi tirn how is going m8
      Flops Of The Millennium

W4R_MaChINE RIO_1 -654.846.503
      Hummer RIO_1 -132.102.307
      BigBoy RIO_1 -75.189.404
    • Post #11 uni Quantum Why is there a War RIO vs MINE? insult..warn given -arMakedon

Tirnoch wrote:

6 years (?) and you're still nobody but someone who got one of WM's accounts banned for racism, Abbaddon

Kinda like you who only started featuring when you blew one of your puppet masters for an account, funny part is, you were nothing then and still nothing now.

MindWar wrote:

omg why i left that game lol still many rage on air lol
      "He has left M1NE alliance and has found safety behind the blue shield" that one killed me ahhahaha the most rabbit arround talking about v mode xD
      btw hi tirn how is going m8

:censored: :censored:

insult removed...warn given
      -arMakedon

The post was edited 1 time, last by arMakedon ().

• Fitifu wrote:

Unity still there, but without noobs
      Kaldor (0)
      Tirnoch (0)
      MindWar (0)

War. never something good, :D

Yes mate we make some nice money like noobs we are :P at least far away in my old days we never had buyed some enemy acc xD
      As note
      enjoy ur eyes : JUIL.052016
      Thommas AndersenArgent reçuChargement des détails de la transaction pourThommas AndersenArgent reçu+ 1 500.00USD (aka old drag actual erebos or so)
      JUIL. 04 2016 Thommas Andersen Argent reçu Chargement des détails de la transaction pour Thommas Andersen Argent reçu + 2 500.00 USD(aka old Mindwar acc , actual Hummer)
      JUIN 21 2016 Thommas Andersen Argent reçu Chargement des détails de la transaction pour Thommas Andersen Argent reçu + 1 500.00 EUR (old the turk guy i cant remember his nick ,aka Samyboy acc now)
      Is not beautifull the life :P
      *N.B You can never defeat anyone buying him xD , well u can ingame but u know outside of that online datase money rules xD
      Flops Of The Millennium

W4R_MaChINE RIO_1 -654.846.503
      Hummer RIO_1 -132.102.307
      BigBoy RIO_1 -75.189.404

The post was edited 1 time, last by MindWar ().