What do you guys do for work?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What do you guys do for work?

So when I joined these boards back in 2010, I think most of us spammers were students. 7 years later, where is everyone now? Do you enjoy what you do?
    • i got my masters in January

i run family business in summer time(room and apartment renting on a small island with no cars hehe)

and i work with 'friend' who works as tourist consultant(deatination managment or some sort like that, although i hate the word managment), dunno how to describe it, i am at home most of the time lol it gets boring
      i mostly communicate with clients wia mail anf phone

i dont plan to do that i wanan be an audit
    • I think back then Troubles had asked on behalf of her kiddo what we all did for work.

I'm still in school all this time later. Otherwise I work full-time managing my company's largest grossing account. Last year I increased net-income on the account by 1.3-million USD, without a merchandising or marketing budget. This year I set a new monthly record in September. For my company the account is about 40% of our business, but for our parent company it's about 11-12% of their annual income.

EDIT: Used to love my job, now I hate it.

Trouble wrote:

Sounds like an expert clicker to me :D

Doc Brown wrote:

I have read several of your posts elsewhere over a number of years. I find your mental state to be disturbing and you probably need professional help.
      What you write in the spam section doesn't have much impact on the game as a whole ... But I don't like to see you attempting to influence normal players in universe 1.
    • Stag wrote:

bibob wrote:

Still an industiral clerk at one of Germany's biggest waterworks.
      That sounds pretty important. What skills does that involve? Did you need to study engineering?

Blackmass wrote:

still retired with occasional work when family needs a hand.
      Are you content with being retired?
      yes and no yes because no more 16 to 18 hour days and no because boredom at times.

I'm not pretty I'm not graceful I am the inevitable fact of truth.there is no unwinnable situation.
      ogame.support.gameforge.com/en
    • Revolutionary Lancer wrote:

I think back then Troubles had asked on behalf of her kiddo what we all did for work.

I'm still in school all this time later. Otherwise I work full-time managing my company's largest grossing account. Last year I increased net-income on the account by 1.3-million USD, without a merchandising or marketing budget. This year I set a new monthly record in September. For my company the account is about 40% of our business, but for our parent company it's about 11-12% of their annual income.

EDIT: Used to love my job, now I hate it.
      Awesome, audit sounds like it would be well paying. I used to be interested in going into accountancy but then I realised it wouldn't suit my creativity.

bibob wrote:

Stag wrote:

bibob wrote:

That sounds pretty important. What skills does that involve? Did you need to study engineering?
      Never studied, just had vocational training. Juggling with numbers and stuff.
      Must have required some rather good grades at school and previous experience?

Blackmass wrote:

Stag wrote:

bibob wrote:

Blackmass wrote:

still retired with occasional work when family needs a hand.
      Are you content with being retired?
      yes and no yes because no more 16 to 18 hour days and no because boredom at times.
      What are your main sources of distraction from the boredom?
    • ogame taking care of my Grandma and Mom playing with and having fun with my 13 yr old son when he comes to visit but hes currently in the hospice. so been up there most nights

I'm not pretty I'm not graceful I am the inevitable fact of truth.there is no unwinnable situation.
    • Stag wrote:

Awesome, audit sounds like it would be well paying. I used to be interested in going into accountancy but then I realised it wouldn't suit my creativity.

There's creativity involved, but most of it is to do with logistics and mathematical analysis. Both are strong points for me, especially for my idiot savant nature. Still underpaid like the dickens.

Trouble wrote:

Sounds like an expert clicker to me :D

Doc Brown wrote:

I have read several of your posts elsewhere over a number of years. I find your mental state to be disturbing and you probably need professional help.
      What you write in the spam section doesn't have much impact on the game as a whole ... But I don't like to see you attempting to influence normal players in universe 1.
    • Aww.. BM, sorry to hear about your son hunny :( Squeezysuperduperhugs for you!

I'm an auditor, I work for a consultancy business dealing with the Hospitality industry. Our company deals with stocktaking, inventory, Health & Safety/Food Safety/Fire Safety, Brand Standard audits, Retail Audits and pure Financial Audits. I'm the only person in our company that does all of it except inventory - I hate being bored!! :D

I have qualifications in Stocktaking and all the H&S related auditing. Don't need any qualifications for the Financial based audits - just an eye for numbers, the ability to pull apart paperwork, and an attention to detail, particularly when analysing till reports for theft. Empathic tendencies are also very helpful cos I tend to be able to tell when people are lying to me X(

Every day I drive between 1 and 5 hours, to different places across the UK, see 2 people I've met before and another 6 I haven't. I get to explore castles, hotels, empty holiday parks, see amazing views and eat the most wonderful food!

Best. Job. EVAAAAAAAR

Originally posted by Nightingale
      Some women are worth swallowing your pride. Some are only useful if they swallow.
    • Naughty Angel wrote:

Aww.. BM, sorry to hear about your son hunny :( Squeezysuperduperhugs for you!

I'm an auditor, I work for a consultancy business dealing with the Hospitality industry. Our company deals with stocktaking, inventory, Health & Safety/Food Safety/Fire Safety, Brand Standard audits, Retail Audits and pure Financial Audits. I'm the only person in our company that does all of it except inventory - I hate being bored!! :D

I have qualifications in Stocktaking and all the H&S related auditing. Don't need any qualifications for the Financial based audits - just an eye for numbers, the ability to pull apart paperwork, and an attention to detail, particularly when analysing till reports for theft. Empathic tendencies are also very helpful cos I tend to be able to tell when people are lying to me X(

Every day I drive between 1 and 5 hours, to different places across the UK, see 2 people I've met before and another 6 I haven't. I get to explore castles, hotels, empty holiday parks, see amazing views and eat the most wonderful food!

Best. Job. EVAAAAAAAR
      Thank you . he is doing well and will be home in maybe three weeks I wont post the pic. but he scrapped his arm on something and I cleaned it up and treated it. but over the weekend his arm started bothering him and swole up while i had to go out of town. when i got back took him to the hospic. they had to sedate him to clean the arm as it had gotten so painful in a short time and some how got a subdermail infection that was really bad bad. and he had 35 to 40% of the skin sluff off his arm when they cleaned it the skin just came off.

But when i Plumbed I would crawl through 3 foot x 4 foot tunnels 60 to 200 feet under homes and buissness and cut out the old pipes that where faulty. and replace them with new pipes and anchor them to the bottom of the foundations every three feet. and graded so they drained properly. then graduated to new construction. commercial residential and industrial. medical and turn key work.
      before plumbing I was a night auditor for super 8 hotels accounting for the days monies and rooms rented or in need of repairs.
      before that I Cooked for Waffle house. swing shift. next door to an aircraft plant. i started cooking in 89 first job ever was there till 96 then got hired on part time at Hamilton House and learned to cook and make desserts there. was there till till 2001 while working nights at the Hotel. .