moonshots for alliance m8 now to be counted as bashing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• moonshots for alliance m8 now to be counted as bashing

With the upcomming change to the bashing rule even fleets that are completely destroyed are counted as bashing. Is there going to be some way to be able to do moonshots for alliance m8's however many it may take. Maybe an option for the player being attacked to exempt the attacking fleet from counting towards bashing?
      thanks

CarltonR

SPICCA (SIN)
    • One thing I am curious about is why the change to the rules? It's not a change that seemed needed or asked for, so why now? A little context may help us understand where the change is coming from.
      Community Ex-Mod
      Xbox Live Gamertag - Canary Wundaboy
      PSN Gamertag - CanaryWundaboy
      Yeah I'm back.
    • Canary Wundaboy wrote:

One thing I am curious about is why the change to the rules? It's not a change that seemed needed or asked for, so why now? A little context may help us understand where the change is coming from.
      Pretty much this..
      The wording of the rules also makes it sounds like, that in unis with probe cargo capacity, even sending a single probe to make a DF so you can send recyclers, would count towards the bashing rule.
      This should be clarified, and as above, further explained.

The sky is not the limit it is only the genesis of dreams.
    • When you enter the single word "bashing" into the Google search bar you get the following:

bash·ing
      ˈbaSHiNG/
      noun
      informal

violent physical assault
      [*]severe criticism."press bashing"

Moonshots, even though attacks are not hostile. They are considered a trade between two allies, buddies or just two random players in a single universe. They are an agreement, or a helping hand given by a higher ranked player to a lower ranked player. They are not send out to harm the defender, but to give them a moon so they can fleetsave and expand. Therefore, the answer is no, moonshots are not part of the bashing rule as long as they are consensual between the two parties. If you feel insecure, you can always report them and we will make notes about it. The most important thing to remember is that no one ends up pushed.

"Let me be clear as I can be: In politics and in life, ignorance is not a virtue. It's not cool to not know what you're talking about."
    • It's all fine and dandy that you mean that Blankie. It is however a complete contradiction to your bashing rule clarification announcement.

Blankie wrote:

The current rule says: Attacking fleets that are completely destroyed do not count towards bashing.
      The clarified rule says: Attacking fleets that are completely destroyed count towards bashing.
      [...]
      Bashing is only allowed when your alliance is at war with another alliance.
      [...]
      Exceptions:

Universe Hyperion and universe Uriel have no bashing rule, as a result you can attack a single planet/moon unlimited amount of times.
      [aka. no mentions of MS as an exception]
      Specifically, I'd like to call attention to the first highlighted part. It states attacking fleets that is destroyed, and MS is very definitely a subcategory of attacking fleet that is destroyed no matter the intended level of harm and collaboration. Especially as it is nowhere mentioned as an exception.

So which do we adhere to? The rules or the GA. Impossible to do both for such contradictory statements.
      56G TD, Top 1 solo
      61G TD, Top 1 ACS

Kamil wrote:

Authority and rules are created to be opposed :D
    • Blankie wrote:

When you enter the single word "bashing" into the Google search bar you get the following:

bash·ing
      ˈbaSHiNG/
      noun
      informal

violent physical assault
      severe criticism."press bashing"

Moonshots, even though attacks are not hostile. They are considered a trade between two allies, buddies or just two random players in a single universe. They are an agreement, or a helping hand given by a higher ranked player to a lower ranked player. They are not send out to harm the defender, but to give them a moon so they can fleetsave and expand. Therefore, the answer is no, moonshots are not part of the bashing rule as long as they are consensual between the two parties. If you feel insecure, you can always report them and we will make notes about it. The most important thing to remember is that no one ends up pushed.
      You guys ban first, then discuss the issue. So can we this officially announced?

Don't let the game play you, instead of that Vmode fleetsave and play the game whenever you want.

Arhangelo/Saw: u are too dangerous.. even while moon shoting

Flops of the Century:

RinTinuNinu Poor 20.543.567 -75.388.042
      Karma Closed 15.952.274 -61.024.373
      Venku Ordo Closed 36.238.268 -17.684.415
    • strider wrote:

What about probe attacks and moonshots with probes? :D
      Just from my understanding of the rules as long as the probes don’t have cargo capacity you should be ok with probe moonshots. Although this may need some clarification from the GO side
      “War does not determine who is right — only who is left.”

GMOD but main sections are Polaris - Yildun, General and the SpamBoard
      My S/MOD is Rav3n so go annoy him if I have angered you!
    • making a ticket notifying the moonshots could also be a good idea to avoid any kind of confusion when sending the ships for a ms

"I am a 2D oppai/petanko lolicon and I am proud of it."
      But I'm not limited to lolis.
      -Taiga, 2016
      Don't bother searching, for somebody like me
      Click here for board rules :)
      Smod
      My team: arMakedon, Handicapparking, Blondu, Marshmello, Mavericks, Hatu

• All we have been trying to do here is to sync ingame rules and game rules posted in the forum as the game rules are pretty much international rules. We will continue to evaluate and adjust the rules posted on the forum with the international rules that apply in game